Maternal & Child Community
Can hcg levels rise slowly, then double and still be a normal pregnancy...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Can hcg levels rise slowly, then double and still be a normal pregnancy?

I found out I was pregnant and we were so excited; things seemed to be going so perfectly in our lives.  The initial bloodwork showed that my hcg levels were low and my doctor became concerned.  They were at 196 then 2 days later at 254, then 3 days later 500. At that point my OB was certain I was going to miscarry and suggested a D&C.  Before I would have it done, I requested one more blood test.  It doubled to 1000 (2 days after the 500 titer).  My doctor seemed dumbfounded.  I'm going crazy worrying about if I am  going to miscarry or not and if not, could there be something abnormal with our baby?  I have not had one other symptom indicating a possible miscarriage, in fact I feel as pregnant as a woman in her third trimester!  I believe I am about 5 weeks pregnant.  When I took the first blood test I was just exactly 4 weeeks pregnant, although it's possible I am off by 5 days (previous period was 33 days long as opposed to the normal 28 I am).  I'm still having more bloodwork done every 2 days and (haven't received the results) and schedule for an ultrasound in 1 1/2 weeks.

So..any suggestions?  ANYTHING good or bad would be extremly helpful.
OK.... first of all DONT GET A D&C YET.  There is no reason to end this now, you have a great chance of this going just fine.  My levels were not even doing half of what yours are, and I miscarried.  But throughout the whole process my Doctor said as long as they double every 2 to 3 days you should be fine.  The fact that you went from 500 to 1000 is a really good sign.  I am also on another pregnancy board www.silentgrief.com, and there was a women there who was in the same situation as you - and they wanted her to get a D&C, but she requested a ultrasound first and they found a heartbeat.  So don't give up hope - it upsets me that they were just going to give you a D&C that easily...

Keep us posted on your levels, and keep your spirits up.

Lots of baby dust to you!!

Mary
From what I have learned from my former dr, I would say as long as hcg doubles constantly, everythings all right.  Plus, if you have symptoms, thats a good sign, too.  If there was something wrong with the baby you would miscarry-that is nature's selective way-since the fetus would be unable to develop. If at this age the fetus is growing, that means its healthy, capable to survive.  At this stage, its all or nothing...I am going through similar agonies, and what I am trying to do is to send very clear, optimistic,positive thoughts down there.  I wish you the same and make sure to rest a lot (both physically and mentally)
Oh and another thing.  Every womens body is different.  You'll find that some women don't have ANY symptoms at all, or some that are puking everyday - and both will have a perfect baby.  You will also find some women who have really low HCG levels and some with really high HCG levels - and both of them will have perfect babies.  There is no "norm" in a situation like this...the only thing you have to be worried about is the doubling every 2 to 3 days...that's all.
Please refuse this DC now! wait for an u/s. I had HCG level problems before  they say if should double every 72h. or +66% every 48 h. it might vary.. I am now 9 weeks preg. after 2 tubals and miscar.  but this time (I had to do IVF w.egg donor) my first hcg on day 10 after embryos transfert was 111!doc. was happy very  high than 2 days later 174 than 2 days later 360 than 4 days later we got scared 520!! should have been 900 + but he asked me to go for another hcg test 2 days later 4324!!!!!! go figure therefore don't give up ok!!! no DC continue to test every 2 days or so and do an ultra sound in a week than you will know... it could be all good girl  hang in there   we are here for you too!
lots of baby dust to you
Take care
Geneva
Quite honestly, I am scared to hear about all the close calls with d&c. It seems some doctors are so worried about being correct (about due dates, ovulateion) that they dont listen to the women and look for things when it is too early for them to show up. Its scary the number of times Ive heard that a d&c was suggested, the women waited and guess what there was a healthy baby. Im beginning to think doctors are too quick to jump for a d&c. I think if it is goiing to misscarry then your own body should have the chance to do it naturally...
I'm going through something similar, where my doctor is stumped.  My levels are NOT doubling every two days, however they ARE increasing very, very slowly.  He thought I had a miscarriage, due to lots of bleeding and cramping, however the levels continue to rise.  At this point he thinks it's ectopic, so is considering laparoscopy to remove the embryo, but first he's doing a few more hormone tests.  It's good to have a doctor who is cautious before they get in there with sharp instruments!!!  But I'm a little worried about the procedure i.e. risks to future fertility b/c of the scarring, etc.  I know the risk is out there, and it's hard b/c this is our first pregnancy.  Anyway, I'd have to agree with everyone else who has said to wait until you have a few more levels done - it's obvious that individual cases can be very different and can stump even the best doctors!
I agree with everyone as far as waiting a while before getting a d and c.  I had to have a d and c on April 24th, but it was only after a month of spotting and 4 sonograms that revealed an odd shaped placenta and no fetus...(Blighted Ovum)  I was 10 wks and miscarriage was very inevitable.  

It kinda helped me with my decision to have a d and c when I saw the lack of progress each week on the sono.  So until you see it with your own two eyes, I wouldn't do a thing.....just wait....I'll remember you in my prayers.
Thanks everyone for you great comments and suggestions.  I should tell you what happened. This is going to really make you think.  Earlier when I posted, I did not tell the whole story, I thought it would be too long, but after seeing everyone's comments, I think we could all benefit from it.

I was scheduled for a D&C on Wed. June 25 at 2:00pm.  I had to be at the hospital by 12:00.  I requested 1 more bloodtest to ease my mind because in my heart, I didn't want to do it.  So I went at 10am and had more blood drawn.  The doctor requested it to be STAT so the results would come back quicker. Well, it ended up so close that I was laying on the hospital bed in the proverbial "paper gown", already admitted, balling my eyeballs out crying that I didn't want to be there and that it was wrong, when at 1:45 the nurse came in and that is when my numbers finally truely doubled from 500 to 1000.  I immediately got dressed and walked out of that hospital not sure what had just happened.  They say miracle happen everyday...I'm sure one did on that day.  Divine intervention I would call it.

Anyway, I get my results back today from my bloodtest I had yesterday.  I will keep you posted as to what the results are. I have a STRONG feeling that our baby is okay.  The fact that my pants had a hard time buttoning today was a pretty good indicator that he's/she's growing!

I took a pregnancy test on august 12 that was postive, went into the doctor the next day. she did a vaginal ultrasdound and said she did not see a fetus and should have hcg levels tested the first day they were @144 to 215 to 270 to 357 which at that time I had already been to thee emergency room two times in pain and had went from spotting earlier in the month for a week to red very apparent blood showing. The doctor said that with last numbers showing up at 357 that had not doubled and a viarable pregnancy was not forseen. She said would check hcg levels again, on monday because that day was a friday. I had them taken again on monday and she called and said she was in a limbo with me. my levels had risen to 750  and waht she said did not look like a good pregnancy was looking alot better for me. now I have to have them taken again in two days and if they have risen even higher she wants to see me for my first prenatl appt on august 31st. which at that time the fetus that is not appearing on the ultrasound should be viewable by then because she thinks i'm too early for it too show. so I don't even know how far along i am to date. I also have a history of showing the hcg level very early on a pregnancy test before it is even able to seem detectable. I am just so confused, tired. burntout from going back and fouth and having my blood taken every other day. My doctor was comcerned that I may be having a etopic, or misscarriage because of the pain and blood I was having now she sounds a bit confused herself, being a doctor and all. She suggested that I get a D&c on friday but I did not want to, or the lapostrphy. I was too afraid, and if I would have been I wouldn't have known there were hope of my levels goin up. what my real concern is has anyone ever had bleeding for 19 days like this and pain that is travling fron one side of my stomach to the other, and still believed to be having a succesful pregnancy and the levels went up, then down, then back up again? please give me some advice
My situation is similar.I had a positive hpt on Aug 16, 07 things were fine and started bleeding on 23.Saw my Dr. went for hcg levels and internal she was concerned about a miscarriage or ectopic (??) my Hcg was 70 very very low.repeated labs on sun 8/26 slowly rised all bleeding and cramping had stopped as of 8/29.  We cont.to repeat labs still slowly rising as of yesterday(9/4/07) 305.and spotting had started again with very painful cramps.Dr is sure i will miscarry  .bleeding has stopped over night still pain on right side.I'm going to suggest tio her this morning to do an u/s I did have one a week ago (6 wks)and it showed absouletly nothing.But levels are still slowly creeping. I too have mixed emotions and sort of have my hopes up. every time I get my labs done I fell that one of these days they will take off like a Bat out of Hell. This bugger doesn't want to let go.
This is my second m/c in 2 yrs I have one daughter that is going to be 9 in Feb is is dying for a sibling.I wish I could give her  her wish.     Good luck and keep me posted
I began my first round of IUI with injectables in March with postive pregancy test in April.  The pregnancy turned out to be a blighted ovum. With that pregnancy my numbers were: 14 dpo Hcg 68, 21 dpo hcg 585, 28 dpo hcg 3000.  At 28 dpo small empty sack was found on ultrasound.  At 35 dpo, empty sac seen again.  Dr. performed D and E.  Had another postive pregnancy test on 09/03/07.  At 17 dpo, hcg 59 (even lower than last time).  20 dpo hcg 149 and 22 dpo hcg 278.  This is low but doubling every 2.2 days.  Dr. says probably another "bad pregnancy".  Has anyone seen numbers like this turn into a healthy pregnancy?
Yes, I have. My sister's started out low like that. They weren't doubling correctly either. She ended up having a perfectly healthy baby. They had told her to prepare to miscarry since her numbers were so low and not going up right. Her numbers were lower than yours.
why are all of these doctors telling us how likely a miscarriage is? Are your stories the norm or the exception? I have to say they are all inspiring.. I have been trying for over a year and finally we got a positive test.  Our numbers were low but rising and 10/31 they were 779 and then today (23 dpo) they are only 1077.  My doctor is concerned about ectopic pregnancies (that was what he mentioned) and wants me to come in for an ultrasound -but not until Tuesday... I have no idea how I am going to last - i am a nervous wreck.. all the stories are very helpful and any other hints/thouhts is very appreciated.
Thank you very much and good luck to everyone!
let god make the decision dont let a doctor think u should abort your baby your doctor should be embarressed now....pray seriously pray
I'm really glad I found this board.  I suspect I may have an ectopic pregnancy, but I don't know.  My beta levels were doubling initially, but then they slowed down.  I was giving myself progesterone in oil injections daily and the doctor told me to stop because she thought that was all that was keeping me from bleeding.  She said I would probably miscarry within the next two days after stopping.  So far, it's been four days and still counting.  No bleeding, no cramping, no nothing.  I still have pregnancy symptoms too (sore breasts, darkening areolas, tiredness, etc).  The doctor said that if I didn't miscarry by Friday (in four more days) then I should call into the office and she'd prescribe some medication to make my body expell the fetus.  I'm also supposed to take a beta test on Friday to make sure the levels are decreasing.  I think they're being a little hasty.  I do believe my levels are still rising, just slowly.  Either way, I am fully prepared for the possibility of losing this one.  This will be my third miscarriage.  I do have one healthy two-year old daughter, but I'm still devastated.  So, my question is this:  should I insist on an ultrasound before taking any of the medication?  Or, should I rely solely on the beta test that I'm supposed to take Friday?  All I can say is that your posts certainly give me pause and a little bit of precious hope in a situation that looks otherwise bleak.
The same thing happened to me, my levels weren't going up like the "doc" thought they should so she told me to quit taking the progesterone because it was keeping me from miscarrying. I went back to the doc because I hadn't started bleeding yet, they took another blood test and my levels had jumped up to 1592. They didn't know what to say to me,the u/s showed a sac with a yoke and I have to go in tomorrow for another u/s, i will be 6w3days.. I am so scared , it has been such a roller coaster this past week and a half. It bothers me how some docs are just ready to give up because of what the text book says. It's good that some of us have the faith to get through this.. I wish you all that faith, give it to God, that's what I did, let him take over for you, and PRAY!
I was on here when this post was initially made. Michelle (thunder) and I ended up miscarrying at the same time, both with blighted ovums. The good news is that despite our pregnancies ending after much stress and lots of ups and downs, she went on to deliver a healthy baby nearly a year after this post was made, just weeks after i delivered Tristan.

Docs aren't normally wrong on this, but occasionally they are. Listen to them but at the same time follow your instincts. Oftentimes as D&C is warranted if your body doesn't follow through on its own. In very short order you will find out via ultrasound if the pregnancy is viable. From there work with your doctor on the best course of action.
No, I agree that the docs aren't normally wrong.  The only problem I see is in the pressure that tends to be applied to women in this predicament.  I'm still waiting.  I went in for an ultrasound a few days ago and the doctor said it looked much better than she thought.  There was a perfectly round little sac in the fundus of the uterus, just where it should be.  It only measured 6 weeks, but she said that because my periods are always all over the place I may have ovulated later.  This would mean that the fetus is younger than I thought - which could be why there's only a sac to be seen.  Sooooo, I go back in another couple of weeks to see if there are any new developments.  My doctor is patient and she recommended I wait it out.  She said she didn't want to give me false hope, but there is a possiblity.  If she only had the beta numbers to go by, she would have told me the pregnancy was a no go.  But, after seeing the ultrasound, she says to wait.  I'm hoping that the next time I go in there's a fetal pole.....we'll see and I'll let you know.
i see there are a few other woman in similar circumstances as mine...
found out i was pregnant last saturday and by tuesday i started spotting, headed for the E.R. because i am RH negative to recieve my rhogam shot and they preached miscarriage the whole time...all i came there for was my shot -lol

Thursday i started having cramps and red blood instead of brown, friday morning i awoke from sleep with terrible cramps only to find i was bleeding heavily =( passed a few blood clots and was sure i miscarried..called my OB/GYN he had me see a high risk DR. within a few hours where he didn't perform an exam, but from the ultrasound he said he could not find a gestational sac nor embryo and nothing in my tubes that my uterus was filled with blood that he gave me a %5 chance of a viable pregnancy...and it didn't look good, he sent me for a HCG blood draw that very day i think i miscarried he said it wouldn't matter that my levels should dramatically drop...today i got my results which from Thursday was 407 and Friday went to 530......now they haven't doubled they went up, and i supposedly miscarried!?

i know it's a concern with the levels not doubling i do know that alot of woman go on to deliver healthy babies!

I am on an emotional roller coaster ride was wondering if anyone had a very simalar situation or know of someone who has....and what of their out come?

I am trying to stay hopeful and at the same time am trying to keep a guard up and really really except i had a miscarriage.

bu thtose darn HCG levels are driving me nuts!!!!!

ANYONE????????

My HCG levels are driving me crazy as well.  I had one m/c and now am pregnant again.  My HCG levels are CREEPING upwards-  not at all doubling.  My OB was SURE that I would be miscarrying and I went for a sonogram and there was a 6 week image with a very strong heart beat!!  My OB still thinks that it is a doomed pregnancy.  Does anyone know if very very slow rising HCG levels can still end up with positive results (a healthy baby?)
I had slow rising HCG and have a perfectly normal, healthy, 3 month old baby boy.  If it is going up DO NOT GET A D&C!  There is a good chance everything will be fine.  My doc also prepared me for a m/c and was shocked when we saw a heartbeat.  It does happen! Good Luck!
Mine started high and good, but slowed down and weren't doubling even in 72 hours, yet I am still pregnant with twins none the less at 15 wks. I thought it was over, but it wasn't.
As of Monday Jan. 28, 2008 my levels were 252.  I've had some red bleeding that always tapers off after turning brown.  They checked my levels today Jan. 30th and I was at a 547.  I've had some more bleeding today so, I'll have to call the nurse when there offices open tomorrow.  I'm nervous about what this bleeding could lead to.  Hopefully, everything will be alright...
I went through IVF and 11 past that process (2/16/08), the HCG was 20.  Each time, the progesterone has been high (I'm on progesterone in oil).  Here is what the HCG levels were on other days:
02/18/08 - 50
02/21/08 - 232
02/25/08 - 532

I'm scheduled to go for more bloodwork on 02/28/08.  They don't seem optimistic about the numbers but the fact that they are rising to me is very positive.  My husband tells me the doctors don't know everything and it's all about numbers to them.  We went through IVF with child #2 and one of the two 4 celled embryos was him.  At that time, I don't think they even thought I would get pregnant let alone go to full term.  Again, I'm hoping we beat the odds :-)
i just want to say thank you.  I know you are all going through a roller coaster of emotion but your stories are so uplifting. I have gone through IVF and am 7 weeks pregnant.  My number are not going up as well as the doctors say they are suppose to.  THey are doubling but only every 4 days.  i have pregnancy symptoms but i am on progesterone oil.  no cramping and no spotting for the last week.  I have an ultrasound next week which is taking forever.  But thank you - you all have given me alittle hope now that not all is lost.
How do we all remain sain during this.  I know what everyone is going through as I am going through my drama as well.  I think my LMP was 03/08/08 so when I didnt start on 03/30/08 like I was supposed to, I took a HPT and it was positive.  So on 04/02/08 I had a HCG done and the number was 16 (very low).  That night I began to bleed and did so for 4 days.  On 04/09/08 I had another blood test done and the number was 125.  So still rising but not like the Doc wants to see so I went in on Friday 04/11/08 for an TVU and nothing showed up.  They took another test and the numbers fell to 101.3.  Ofcourse, the doctor thinks I miscarried.  On 04/14/08 I went to the ER and my HCG is now 168 but still nothing on the US.  I'm stressed out.  I prayed and asked God to do what he does best because he is better than any doctor I know.  I guess what I want to know is if anyone has had their beta numbers go up and down and still go on to have a healthy baby as this is driving me absolutely nuts.
I just found out that I was pregnant so I called the doctor and had my HCG levels drawn on the first day.  They were 975, two days later they went down to 775, I'm waiting to have them drawn tomorrow.  Is this a sign of a mc?  
I am about 5 wks pregnant and on my first blood work my test came back positive with my hcg levels being 36 on 5/30/08.  Monday's tests resulted in them going up to 165, but Wednesday 6/4/08 i started to bleed brownish/red and very light, i have continued to spot.  i had another hcg done today 6/6/08 and my hcg level went up to 186.  The doctor doesn't think its going to be a good pregnancy and wants to see me on Tuesday, they think I will miscarry since my numbers are not doubling like they should.  Any advice?  Scared but hopeful
I'm in the same boat.  I was told by doctors office that my Hcg levels are going up but not doubling, so I should expect to start bleeding and cramping soon because I'm most likely going to miscarry.  (Nice bedside manner)  That was 6 days ago and I haven't had any bleeding, cramping or any indication that things are wrong.  I know that the statistics say that 85% of women will have Hcg levels that double every 48-72 hours, but what about the other 15% of women who's levels go up, but don't double??  Isn't it possible that those of us on this message board could fall into that category?  I refuse to give up hope!   I have heard so many stories of women who bled fairly heavily, or had low Hcg levels and were told by their doctors that there was no hope, and then they ended up delivering healthy babies!!   We live in a day of modern medicine and while it's great to be able to have our levels monitored constantly by our doctors, it's also complete torture!!!!  What ever happened to the days when women just found out they were pregnant and went about their pregnancies blissfully unaware of any potential "danger" that awaited them or their babies?  Optimism works wonders girls!!!  Don't give up hope!  I know I won't :)  Baby dust to you all!!!!!!!
hi this is what going on with me. taking estradiol one aday then 5 days after ovulate start taking prometrium twice aday.my period was suppose to come 6/16 it didn't so i took a pregnant test on the 16,17,18,and the 19 and they all said not pregnant then on friday 20 i got up and took a test and it said pregnant then when i wiped there was a little blood i call my doc and went in to check my hcg levels it 19 doc said good im pregnant  come back monday and it was 42 doc said looking good come bACK in on wed that is today and he call me and said that my hcg levels only went up to 48 so told me to stop all meds and that i will have miscarriage then call him when i have my period again so we can start again. so can my hcg levels be low and still have a baby
I had my beta on the 24h after IVF...the hcg level was 352 and 2 days later 503.  I go in Monday for another test.  The doctor noted that since my numbers were high initially to just keep moving forward as planned.  Doesn't sound good.
You give me hope. I read your situation in an earlier blog, and it is very similar to mine.  Your positive attitude is a breath of fresh air.  My levels are low and rising slowly.  They are giving me a week, and then they'll check my levels again.  They told me that I will probably misscarry before then. Still no cramping or spotting yet.  I had a horrible ectopic pregnancy back in Jan.  It was the most physical and emotion pain I had ever gone through. To think that I may lose another one is so overwhelming.  I have a beautiful healthy 2 yr old son.  I just look at him and remind myself that i am BLESSED, even though I am going through a hard time. You have such a great out look.  Thank you for that!  How did your pregnancy ever turn out?
Help! I'm pretty sure my pregnancy is coming to a quick end but still holding on to a little thread of hope. My LMP was 7/8/08 howver I ovulate later than normal so we conceived 7/22 or 7/23. My first beta was 18.8 on 8/9/08 then up to 56 on 8/8/08. Waited the weekend then on 8/11/08 went up to 153.4. Slow but dr said too early to know anything for sure. Waited a week .. went to day and beta was 372. DR said not good .. probably chemical pregnancy. I'm on progesterone suppositories and it's up to me if I want to stop. Have to go back friday to confirm levels are going down. No signs of m/c other than back pain which I've had from day 1. Anybody have any advice/info??
Hi!
This is my second pregnancy, the first one I miscarried and had a D&C.  
I am so scared about having another miscarriage.  I just had my HCG levels run and it turned out to be 35 on 9/23 and then 37 on 9/25.  Has anyone had this experience?  Do you think I still have a chance to have a healthy pregnancy?
The doc. said we will re-test in about a week but, if I start bleeding I must call the doc right away.
What do you all think?

I did a positive test then 2 days later i started spotting for 5 days.
I went to the hospital and they checked my levels. first time 258 then 232 and today they have gone to 477. The hospital think i am having an eptopic pregnancy. is there any chance that they could be wrong.

How do you know when to give up or let go? I went for my u/s and there was no heart tones. When I went back a week later there were. Now as of yesterday, another week later there are no tones and my levels are still rising but slowly. I go for another blood test tommorrow and u/s I am just not ready to give up eventhough the ER doctor was so matter of fact that I will miscarry. what I to do just sit and wait. I am so scared I did not go to work today.
my lmp was on dec 17th i took a hpt and came back positive i had very little spotting so i went to the er i was 4 weeks pregnant my hcg was a 26 which was very low but also had a pelvic ultrasound they seen a sac in my uterus which was in the right place, so they said i needed to get more blood drawn so they have something to make comparasions to. i went to give more blood on thursday and the hcg went up to 46 which is still low but rising which gave me hope and not to mention no bleeding no cramping nothing so i was like ok i can do this now i go back to the er on saturday and had to give more blood and my level went down to a 42 right away the ob doctor had everything negative to tell me no hope in her voice what so ever she was very convincing that this would be a definite miscarriage and preparing me for upcoming bleeding and cramping but in my heart i want to believe this is going to be a successful pregnancy they also tried to get me to ok a medication that would abort this pregnancy i was totally against this and refused and i asked for another pelvic ultrasound and they refused and said they wouldnt be able to see anything anyway so what i told them was if my body is rejecting this pregnancy than i will be patient enough until my level goes down to zero on its own i would not let them terminate this pregnancy without more blood work and more ultrasounds. so they said ok and they would keep testing me until that happens. so for anyone who had similiar experiences please let me know i am looking for as much hope for this to be successful, also for everyone in a situation like mine we have to keep in mind god is the decider and only he could make the decision whether or not these pregnancies will be successful these doctors are only human and have made mistakes in the past and all our bodys are different and we are not all going to follow the text book so let nature take its course atleast thats what i keep telling myself i will keep you posted on my situation after monday and i wish everyone luck and just keep praying
I am about 5 weeks preg, about a week back i had little spotting (brownish) so my doct ordered a quantitative HCG, which came out to be 190 on monday and 281 on wednesday, which she said is not doubling however rising. I am really concerned, as i had a miscarriage in June ( 6 months back).. did anyone had a similar situation ? i have some pregnancy symptoms like nausea, tender breast but nothing much.. is this alarming? am i moving towards another miscarriage?
This has to be the worst feeling. (The emotional rollercoaster) On 1/31/09 I went to the hospital for severe pain in my left side. I was on birthcontrol but hadn't got my period like I was suppose to. I didn't think that I was pregnant I thought it was a cyst on my ovary. It was a cyst on my ovary and I'm pregnant. It was estimated at the ER that it was a very early on pregnancy. My Hcg levels there were 176. On 2/4 I had my blood work done and they came back 240. I don't have any pain or spotting, but I'm worried. My doctor worries me b/c it didn't double. I went back to do more blood work this morning and will wait till monday for the results. This is my firt pregnancy and I have no idea what the norm is. I have read that a lot of women don't double but they increase. I've also read that some women's Hcg increase at different rates. If anyone has anything helpful I would love to hear it!
hi all, first of all this board is wonderful! everyone is very positive no matter their situation! i started crying when i read some of the stories. well my story is like most others on this board. i found out i am preg. on 2/25/09 with an hcg levels of 20. i had more blood work done on 3/3/09 my hcg was at 240...later that evening i went to the ER b/c i spotting and my hcg level went up tp 252. i just talked to my doc and my hcg on 3/5/09 was at 300. i have had 7 miscarriages including two ectopics...i only have my right fallopian tube so it scares me that i might be having another ectopic. to tell the truth i think i am going to miscarry b/c i have been spotting brown blood.

so what i did was i cried a bit and then put it in God's hands. He knows what is going to happen and He knows what is best. there is a possibility that things will be fine, but that had to be God's will, in my mind. anyways cheers to hcg levels always doubling! :)
I believe the first day of my LMP was 2/17/09.  I was feeling "different" and nauseaus for a few days so just for fun I took a hpt on 3/13/09 and it was positive. I took another one on 3/15/09 just to be sure, and it was positive.  Doc ordered an hcg quantative since I miscarried in May of 2008.  My blood draw was 3/17/09 and my level is at 305.  They want to see if that number doubles by Friday and do another draw.  I'm having all the symptoms of early pregnancy, nauseau throughout the day (worse in the morning), sore breasts and very tired.  Is my level normal for being 4 weeks and 1 day pregnant?
I found out I was pregnant and I my doctor wanted my HCG levels tested right away. My first test came up at 185 and that was very low then 1 full week later I went for bloodork again and it was at 365. I do not have pregnancy symptoms anymore other then being really tired and not even wanting to get out of bed. My back is very sore. Today the heartburn adn nausea came back but i think that might be from my hcg level adjusting. I am worried that I might miscarry or have an ectopic pregnancy. My doctor doesnt want to do anymore tests for two weeks. It is so hard playing the waiting game and I wish my doctor understood that I want answers adn I want them now.
CAn low HCG levels turn into a Healthy Pregnanacy?
I had my 3rd IVF  2 embryos  transfered on 04/28 - Tested positve for preg on 05/11 with HCG 99 -again tested on 05/13 HCG -169 70% inc OK not normal tetsed again on 05/15 - 223 - Low as per nurse- Iam still positive have to go for another test on 05/19 hoping for best ..Pls let me know if anyone was in the same boat and delievered  a healthy baby..I have not exped cramping but but had little bleeeding with just 2-3 spots today.  Pls help!!
I just recently found out I was pregnant.  Big Surprise.  I called my doc on Monday because I was having some pain in my left side - thought it might of been a cyst.  They took blood and confirmed I was very early pregnant.  My hcg level was 51.  Took level again on Monday - 91 and then again on Friday 119.  THey are not doubling and the doc thinks it might be eptopic.  I am having some cramping, but no spotting or bleeding.  They are going to take more blood on Sunday.  Could this turn into a healthy pregnancy???  Or is it doomed because my levels are rising so slow???
I know a few doctors, and I'm telling you... DON'T fret SO much about HCG. Yes for most people doubling and whatnot is a good sign. But you have to remember, HCG is a HORMONE! Just like the hormones we get during our periods, it can go up and down and it can creep around and this and that. The HCG is a good indicator but it's not ALWAYS right. Go with your gut instinct, your intuition, and have hope for the best!!!
Hi everyone,
I've just found this and I'm so glad I did!
I found out I was pregnant on 07/04 and I went for bloodwork on 07/13. It was only 27, extremely low! Went again 1 week later and it was 180 so doc told me its going up at least 66% so dont worry. Bled on 07/26 very slightly so rang doc who brought me in for a scan on 07/27 and my hcg was obly 692. Not doubling in 2-3 days. So u/s showed a small sac and nothing else. Went back in 2 days later and hcg was 1031, still not doubling but going up slowly so they want to do another u/s on 08/03. Im really really worried this isnt going well but its looking possible now after reading these posts. Shoule I still have hope of a normal pregnancy?
I had tubal reversal a year and a half ago. I had a mc 2 months ago after taking clomid for the past 8 months. On Sunday I took a hpt it was positive, then took two more to be sure. All +. Then went for blood test on Monday,It was also +. HCG levels were 729. Went back today and they are 752, which arent doubling. The nurse said doc said to redo the test friday and then be at the office at 10:30 to discuss terminating this pregnancy, Because it isn't considered"normal". I can't do that, please help.....
Firstly, good luck to everyone that is going through this hugely stressful ordeal. I'm glad to have come across this forum where we can all talk about it.

I found out I was 5/2 days pregnant on friday, on sunday I ended up in hospital with a small amount of spotting. The doctors did an ultrasound and found no hb or yolk but a healthy looking sac. My hcg levels were at 3000 and they suggested I redid the tests 48 hours later. On tuesday I went to my doctor and the sac still appeared healthy but still no sign of hb and my hcg levels only risen to 3200. The doctor told me to prepare for miscarriage and if I had not had one by friday this week then I was to have another blood test. So here I am sitting at home, worrying like crazy.
Is there anyone that has been in a similar situation that has a nice outcome? This is one of those situations that are unfortunately uncontrollable in life, but I'm hoping for a little miracle.

i found out i was pregnant on the 9/10 on the 12/10 i started spotting, on the 13/10 i went to the er were they gave me a examination they said it was old blood and my cervix was shut which was a good thing. they told me to come back on the 14/10 for ba us they siad they couldnt see anything because i was to early so they took my hcg levels which were 521, went back on the 16/10 cause i lost a clot no pain or cramping, took my hcg again which was 526, they said they werent doubleing like they were supposed to took more blood for hcg and they came back 646 they have told me to go back on 21/10 for a us just so worried, already have to boys of 6 and 4 and never had any of this trouble b4 anyone eles have any similar problems and everything was ok? sarah xx
I found out I was pregnant on Oct.5th. almost 5 weeks. On the 12th I started spotting some. Only for one day. I went in the the DR on the 13th to get my Rhogam shot because I am Rh neg. He decided to check my HCG levels. On the 13th my level was 7000 and on the 15th my levels were about 9800. He is concerned and decided to check my levels again. He said the levels from today should atleast be 18000. I will find out Wednesday.
Soo WOrried. Any advice?
So glad I found this website. It sounds like many dr's tend to try to prepare us for the worst, also not very compassionately. My dr told me that "it would be very unlikely" that I would conceive at all even via ivf and that my husband had low sperm count so referred us to a fertility specialist. Then 3 days prior to our first fertility appt, found out I got pregnant spontaneously! When I called the dr's office to get blood work, then they tell me that my husband 2nd sperm analysis came back indicating his sperm was great (of cousre, I had to ask since my dr's office does not tell me anything proactively). Now, at about 3 wks dpo, because my hcg level is not rising normally, dr told the nurse to tell me over the phone to prepare for an etopic pregnancy. I am not having any cramps or bleeding. I've been confused and wondering if I can last until another hcg test scheduled on Monday. After reading all the posts, I feel so much more at ease. Still scared but at least hopeful and more convicted to leave everything in God's hands, not the dr's cold and negative words. Thank you everyone!!
hi i have done my first ivf  and afer two two weeks of embryo ransfer i have done the hcg level on 16/11.it shows 40 done secon on 19/11 and hcg 100 done third on 23/11 hcg is 345. my docor advice  me to do anoher test after one weekk. i am reallyd frustraed as my doc said me it is unlikely to have a normal pregnancy. there is a chance of ectopic or it is going to be a misscarriage.is there any one can show me a little hope that my hcg will increase ........
HI AT 6 WEEKS PREGNANT I GOT A ULTRASOUND AND SAC BUT NO BABY THEN I WENT FOR BLOOD WORK IT WAS 98,898 AND WENT UP TO 125,000 I GO BACK WEDNESDAY BUT THE DOCTOR SAID HES PRETTY SURE ITS A BLINDED OVUM I STILL HAVE HOPE DO U THINK THIS COULD BE A HEALTHY PREGNANCY PLEASE TELL ME WHAT U THINK IM GOING CRAZY  
The rollocoster we all are on , is unbelievable ......I
God help us to be a bit calmer....

I am 4 weeks pregnant and I just had worst bleeding ever in my life , I know by my heart that I have lost mine ....I can not stop crying ....is Sunday and I do not have access to any Dr or Nurses so I thought to share it with  you all .....

LOST MINE 19/12/2009 :(:((((((((
Hey ladies,
similar situation here.. I was in E.R because i had some flu symptoms and wanted to be checked out on 1/14 my levels were 44 by that sunday 1/17 they went to 158 so they were at a good point, my ob had given me a script for one the following day only went up to 178 so he gave the dreaded news misscarriage and he wouldnt be surprised if it happened  within a couple days... well e.r doc gave me a script which i forgot to tell the dr about and the same day my dr told me i would miscarry my levels were 368 only ONE day after the 178 so they do not know everything. as a medical assistant i know they they all think they know everything when they sure as heck don't... good luck to all of you ladies
Please give me your advise i just found out i was going to have a baby they drew blood my hcg level was 914  two days later they took blood again it was 891 then after this they drew blood it was 1100 is there any way im having a normal pregnancy
my last monthly cycle was on jan 9,2010 i took a hpt on feb 10 it was positive went to the dr on the 11th hcg was 36 . dr ordered more blood work for the 15th level went down to 26 they said pregnancy was failing on the 16th i began bleading and bled till the 20 th then on the 22nd went to c if hcg was at zers but it wasnt it had gone up to 56 so dr ordered nore bloodwork so i went in on th 26th it went up again to 86. dr said she was concerned that it is not going up like it should im worried she wants me to come in again on monday. i lost a lil girl feb.16,2009 from fetal coard accident. and had another miscarrage (miscarriage) in october 2009 if anyone knows could this pregnancy go to term or is it going to end like the dr thinks any thoughts would help
Ultrasound can NOT detect  a gest sac , yolk sac, or fetal heart until your quants are between 1000-1500. Which Is aprox 5-5.5 wks gestation .
Wow!  More people than I realized have low HCG levels.  My last period was March 1st 2010.  Pregnancy test on April 6th said positive!  I began bleeding with red blood and really bad cramps on 4-18-10.  We went to the ER - they did an ultrosound (4wk) which showed no baby- only sac and HCG levels of 97.  They told me they were very low and probably had a miscarriage.  I continued bleeding and cramping - cramping stopped on 4-19-10, bleeding continued.  Second HCg levels taken on 4-20-10 they went up to 140.5.  A Ray of HOPE.  We went to see our ob for the first time.  What a knowlegable person!  She read the 2nd ultrosound to us.  She said it had grown since Sunday and was not 5 wk.  She explained that she did not feel we had lost the baby and as long as my HCG levels were going up, she considers this a "viable pregnancy."  She said it was really to early to see a baby via us.  Blood work done - HCG levels now 180.  She was very ok with them not rising.  She said as long as they rise - the range is so varied for dirrerent women.  I return 4-27 for more hcg levels and she wants to see us back two weeks after this.  I have hope, and more hope after reading everyone's post.  Thank you,  Angela  : )
Hi Everyone,
I'm on my 2nd IVF  pregnancy the 1st one pasted away when I was 6months pregnant he was diagnosed with HPE. This time I  am pregnant but my HCG levels are low 1st blood test was 119  2nd  was only 176 I go back 4/29 for a 3rd. The 1st time I was pregnant my levels were very high. Anyone else having the same problems right now? T
Thank you for anyone's help!
okay we found out that we were pregnant on  april 28th 2010 we have been trying for four years we lost a baby in june of 2008. i went to the hospital on saturday may 1st because i wasn't feeling to great my lower back hurts and i had mild cramping. they told me i had a kidney infection and they did my hcg levels and they were at 3194 so they did a v u/s and said they saw nothing no sac no yolk no fetal pole and no evidence of an ectopic pregnancy my endomietrium is thicking, so they sent me home with an antibiotic and to get me levels tested again in 2 days, i did that and my numbers didn't double but they did go up to 4441 and my ob doesn't want to see me until may 13 and there is no more blood work ordered,has anyone else been thru this? can please help with any info  ty.
I have used this forum to help me pass the time and try to keep me sane! I have had 5 previous miscarriages. I fear I am heading for the 6th one. This is my 2nd IVF treatment. I am 5.5 weeks pregnant. My first HCG level was 134, then 4 days later only rose to 306. 3 days later is was 770. But 4 days later it dropped to 750. So I gave up all hope and cried myself to sleep that night. So, I pretty much gave up. My doc wanted me to go for another test. So, 3 days later i went for another HCG and the level was 1059. The nurse told me to stay on my meds (I am taking prednisone, cortisone and anti-coagualants) and go for another test tomorrow (2 days later).I will go but I am not positive and resigned myself to the fact that it is probably a failed pregnancy. I will keep you all posted
Okay so I've been ready alot of postin because I had a hcg level of 253, two days later it dropped to 161.... My doc told me I'm having a miscarriage and said my hcg lowering and that he thinks I can miscarriage naturally, he told me to wait 10 days too see if I miscarriage naturally and too take another hcg test after that 10 day process.... Throughout the time I found out I was pregnant I was spotting.... Tot it was so never ending... So yesterday was the end of the 10 day period of waiting to miscarriage and having another blood test, my doc called today and said my hcg had rise to 628.... He wants to do another hcg next week and an ultra sound becAuse he claims it's prolly an etopic pregnancy.... Has anyone ever had their hcg lowered then rise... Please help me to this stressing situation I just had a misscarriage feb... Has anyone with my situation end up with a healthy pregnancy??? Too SIREN: how did ur next visit went????
hello...this is my 1st time on this site..i must say all of you are brave women..i have 2 boys 14, and 8..ive never had a misscarage before...or any HGC blood work before...here are my levels..
Firday June25th (HGC) "432"
Monday June 28th (HGC) "702"
"Today" June 30th (HGC) "969"

not sure what all this means...my doctor tells me that she does not like the numbers and that this last one should be higher...but this book i have said as long as they are going up and not down try not to worrie as every women is not the same? i had a ultrasound done today and she saw nothing!! but she thinks its because im so early....all this talk about (HGC) levels are puting me in a panic....witch is not helping since i have "PANIC ATTACKS" i go in on firday for more blood work...i have no cramping or bleeding....pleasr any advice would be great anything to put my mind to rest just for a lil bit....Thanks!!
.....Aricka

P.S sorry for the spelling
All I can say is wow woman are so strong! I totally understand what you ladies are/have been going through. I got my BFP Monday with beta levels of 24 all i could do was pray. Went back on Wed and the levels rose to 89, the doc said that was good that it went up more than 60% so he scheduled my U/S for July 16. I told him I wanted to come back agian to retest the levels just for my sanity. So I am going back in tomorrow (Friday) just b/c I would like to see them in the high triple digit numbers. I know I am not out of the woods yet but I am a constant prayer and I know that things will work out. I pray the same for each and everyone of you.

I will update you all to let you know what the levels tomorrow bring.
This forum was started quite some time ago, so I don't know if anyone is still following it. But I looking for anyone in the same situation as me. I also have very slow rising hcg levels my stats: BFP on 6/24/10 started getting my hcg levels checked every 48-72 hours because of previous miscarriage in march 2010.  Everything stated out good. My number were 30, 93, 202, 404, then a longer time because everything was looking good and 5 day later my numbers were 1266, which means I was not doubling anymore. I was told not to worry and get another test in 48 hours. The numbers then only went up to 1489, we did another repeat 48 and 1667. The dr. thought it might be an ectopic did an ultrasound and saw a the sac and fetus but no heartbeat I measured 5.0 weeks.  Which was only about 2-3 off . My doctor order me to have more hcg levels drawn and my number only went up to 1823. I went to see  my doctor because things didn’t look good. We decided to go ahead with a D&C and scheduled it for the following morning she gave me a prescription to start taking when I got home to dilate me for the procedure. My doctor wanted to get one more ultrasound before tomorrow. She said she is 98% sure it will show it’s nonviable but she wanted to be 100% sure, and if she was in my shoes she would want her doctor to be damn sure before they went  forward with the D&C. So I left her office and went to the Ultrasound.  Well to prove everything wrong there was my little bean on the screen with a heartbeat of 109 it grew appropriately and I was measuring 5 weeks 5 days.  I talked to my doctor immediately because I was to go home and start taking the medication she gave me for the D&C. She was socked and excited for me and told me I was that one in a million but to be cautious because anything can happen we just had to wait and see.  She said we’ll stop checking the hcg levels and go off the ultrasounds now and ordered one for a week and a half which will be this fri the 23rd . I am so scared. It has been an up and down rollercoaster of emotions. All I can do is pray and hope everything works out. Unfortunately everything I have read said a miscarriage is coming. Has anyone had a successful pregnancy in a similar situation?
I hope that you got good results on Monday.  I am having a very slow rise in my HCG and low progesterone #s.  I will find out tomorrow if they went down even more and I have an ultrasound on Monday.  I'm about 6 weeks I think?  I have had inconsistent cycle lengths so I don't know how much that plays a role.  Here's my data, the #s are rising for HCG but not much:
Prog was 11.5 on July 9th (newly pregnant)  HCG 632
Prog was 6.8 on July 26   HCG was approx 26,000
Prog was 8 on July 27  HCG was 27,000
Will have more levels tomorrow.  Wish me luck, this is my first pg and I am 39 yrs old!
I had the same thing happen.  I found out I was pregnant which was shocking because I had been bleeding.  I went to the doctor and they checked my hcg levels mon 6000 wed 8000 fri 9000. The doctor said I was having a m/c. They scheduled me for pre-op for a d &c. For precaution they did an ultrasound and found a heartbeat. Dr still said it wasn't a viable pregnancy. Went back a week later and my levels were 20,000 and still had a heart beat.  The dr. still told me not to get my hopes up. I have to go back 8/23 for more lab work and ultrasound. I have been spotting, some days worse than others somedays red.  
Have you received any new news?
I have slow rising hcg levels as well...tested at 254, two days later 350...three days later 484.  I'm being tested again on Friday...which will be four days between levels.  This is a scary situation but I will tell you that it is nice to know that 'sometimes' slow rising levels may actually produce a healthy baby.  
Hi ladies well 5 days after I post my story I ended up going to the ER because I was cramping and had some bleeding. They did an ultrasound and the babies heartbeat was only 63.  The tech went to get the doctor to take a look. After trying for sometime the doctor said he was sorry but there was no heartbeat anymore. They had me wait til the next day for a repeat ultrasound. Unfortunately the baby was gone and they scheduled me for a D&C the following day. I wish you ladies better luck then I had. I’ll be praying for all of you.
So it was July 27th when I found out I was pregnant. (6 weeks) August 12th Dr did ultrasound and only saw sac and no baby. Hcg level was 3200. 3 days later August 15th hcg levels were 3800/ Dr wanted me to have a D&C said I will miscarry. I have 2 healthy babies (2) and (1) yrold. Dr called me yesterday (10) mins b4 D&C, said to wait, I may just be too early, but I have been spotting for almost 3 weeks now. brownish color.so DR wants to check hcg level again (10) days after last test done. But this morning I woke up and I was not spotting, 2 hrs later I had bad cramps and passed alittle tissue, was very stringy kind of long, like a clot. I am so scared, I tried to call the doctor but they are not in on Saturdays! I am scheduled for ultrasound Mnday but I know they will find no baby, I am so scared . I never knew there was a such thing as a D&C. and I never knew of a blighted ovum. but I do now, I am thankful for the two beautiful babies I am blessed with and everything to come. I still have hopes for another pregnancy. Healthy pregnancy again. SO to all who want to know about HCg levels not doubling. It is a bad sign. doctors said even 18% after 2 days was bad it should had went from 3200 to 6600 after 2 days, and it didnt, doctor was right about this one, I will not try to get down on myself. Sometimes things happen for a reason, as this pregnancy was unexpected also was this miscarriage and my heart is torn about it.  And next time I wont tell anyone Im pregnant until Im at least 12 weks after heartbeat, Everyone still asks me questions that get me down now.
*Ur belly is gettin bigger how far along r u now*  *Is the baby kickin your *** yet* or * Cant wait to pinch his cheeks* while rubbin ur belly.. It hurts alot but I hope to get over it =( God bless all!
I am freaking out with a low hcg level today.  I had a frozen embryo transfer August 11 and my first beta was August 24.  It was positive and my hcg level was 162.  I had my second beta today and the hcg level was only 208.  The fact that my doctor called to tell me rather than the nurse that I usually talk to was the most alarming thing for me.  I want this baby so so bad - my husband and I have been through so much already to get here.  Looks like mixed experiences as far as hcg level increases go.  I am trying to stay hopeful but feeling pretty defeated right now.  This will be my first child so I don't have a history other than the first round of IVF not working.  This will seem like forever until my next test on Monday!
right her goes.. i was 3 days late on my period so took a test, showed pos (1-2 weeks) had my hcg levels and they were every 2 days... 85,181,395,666,685 ,,,, they told me that it looks like another ectopic but i have had no pain and no bleeding what so ever.. had a scan done and they couldnt see anything but on my left ovary they said they dont no wheather its a collapsed follicle or just a very early pregnancy... i am gettin all the symptoms of being pregnant 2, had another blood test done 2 days later and my levels are now at 870. is this possible 2 go on 2 have a healthy pregnancy.... i done a hpt the folllowing weds and it showed 2-3 weeks and i done another test this weds and it now says 3+ weeks.... can any 1 tell me if everything is going 2 b fine x
I totally agree with mozey !!!!!!!!
Here is my story so far.... i have went throught the ivf. On sept 27 i had one embryo transfered( said it was a perfect one). On wed oct 13 i had my first hgc count - 800 something ( i forgot exact). Said i was off to a good start. On friday (2 days later) my levels did not go up much, still in the 800's. sceduled me for mon 18th for u/s and another blood. In the ultra sound she did see what she thought to be a sac and not sure but possible yoke. she was 90% sure it was not an atomic. she said she was happy with the results.  She also told me that the hcg is a good test but it is not always accurate! That made me really happy to hear from a doc point of view. Later the day they called with my levels and they went up to 1596. They want to see me back Next monday for another u/s. The waiting is killing me!!!! The nurse said they wer just following up with u/s for here on out! Should they still be checking my hcg level? I have had no negative symtems( bleeding pains ect) just sore boobs :) Any view from anyone would be great. Ive been ready everyones and sounds like i still have alot to be hopeful for!
I had my menses on the 2 of September took Clomid on the 6th day for five days. I was home for R&R leave from the 13 of Sept until the 28 of Sept. I conceived around this time. Now I am back from my deployment and I went to the doctor and she is calculating that I should be 8 weeks but it is no possible way if todays date is 1 Nov. The other thing that has her thinking I am going to miscarry is because my HCG level was 2086 on the 18 of October and and 4528 on the 1 Nov. She is saying that it should be way higher than that number. Now I have another appoint on the 18 of November and I am scared to death. Because in this appointment I will have to discuss my other options such as to schedule a d&c
hi firstly its been so comforting to hear everyones positive story's about slow rising hcg levels, and to those who's outcomes haven't been positive my thoughts and prayers are with you xx

im going through the same thing although iv had no bleeding or severe pain,i sadly had a m/c 26thAugust2010, and then found out i was pregnant about 12 days ago!! i dont know when my last period was but think i know when i concieved, and by this date i think im around 5 weeks preg(so excited).  last saturday(1 week ago today) i had some cramping in my right side low down i rang gp out of hours doctor they told me to go to a&e just for reassurance, the doc at a&e then referred me to epads for scan on tuesday, at the scan they picked up a very tiny sac in the womb but no yolk??!! they also picked up a cyst 3cm by 4cm which was alarming but im trying not to worry about that at the moment, im more worried with the hcg level readings that came back tuesdays reading was 1800hcg then i went back on thursday for more blood reading this time was 2240 therefore it had only risen 440 in 48hours! not good , so basically the doctor told me i was going to misscarry and dissmissed even doing another blood test as a waste of time, im now waiting to go back on friday for another scan and hopefully we will see something this time, i refuse to accept the doctors opinion, and i firmly believe that we are all different and our bodies know wheat they are doing, i feel well and very pregnant and im carrying on as if i am pregnant until i find out differently, i think doctors should be very careful about what and indeed how they tell us patients their opinions, they can be both arrogant and patronising and it seems from what i have read on here they can also be wrong!!

good luck to anyone else going throught the same thing as i am stay strong and positive!
This is such a stressful time for all of us. It's horrible, but reassuring at the same time knowing there are so many of us going through similar situations. I went into the dr Oct 19 2010 because I was 18 days late. I was more concerned because I had an IUD (paragard) placed about 6 months ago, I know it can cause problems if you do become pregnant with them although the odds of it happening are between .2% and .5%, less than 1%! Usually when it does occur it is because the IUD shifted or fell out. I felt the strings still there, took an at home test which came out positive very faintly. When I went in to the Dr the test came out positive too, and they decided to do an ultrasound. The found the sack and yolk in my cervix so they know it's no ectopic. No baby was seen though. The IUD was placed perfectly and did shadow where the baby might be. They did hormone levels and they were at 16,000. Now due to lovely phone signal she said they either went up to 25,000 or only rose up 5,000 as of Monday the 22nd. Either way she said they didn't double like she had hoped, but she was kind and said that it doesn't necessarily mean I am starting to miscarry. It could be because I am still so early in pregnancy that my hormones just aren't jumping. Without seeing the fetus, we don't know how far along I am, I can be as much as 6 weeks. She wants to see me again in 2 weeks as long as I continue to not bleed. She said by then we should see something growing. Scared in the meantime. I hate this waiting game to make sure my baby is ok. I figure if it defied odds this far, maybe it is a little trooper who will be just fine, but I don't want to get my hopes up either.
hi,
i really feel for you im waiting too!! its the hardest thing ever waiting and wondering,
iv got 2 days to go until my scan and iv been praying non stop!! its been the longest 10 days of my life, i so want this baby, it will make our family complete!!

i really hope everything works out for you will you let me know how you get on x
il pray for you xx good luck and god bless xx
I found out I was pregant on 10/3/10 I was so happy, hearing the news was my greatest joy me and my boyfriend have been trying for a few years and it was finally happening I was going to have a family with my best friend. Unfortunately that was the only day I was happy, the following week I started spotted just a little bit not even enough to soak a panty liner but was placed on bedrest for 1 week just to be on the safe side. On the follow up visit my Dr. did a blood test called a (Beta) to test my hcg levels those results came back and my levels were a tad over 6300. I went in for a U/S that following Thursday were the messaure my estimated due date of 5/20/10 I was 5weeks. This is where it got scary because they didn't see any fetal activity in my sec just a yolk but no fetal pole. We just figured mybe it's too early so my dr. shcduled me to come in every week for a blood test to make sure my pregancy was progressing. The 1st week my numbers jumped to 1200 then to 2300 then they started to decline and quickly. We went to get another U/S at the hospital just for a second per of eyes on the situation and it was always the same for 4 weeks 3 different hospitals we just wanted to continue to have hope we wasn't giving up. My dr. finally sent us to a specialist cause she seen how bad we wanted this baby and we wasn't giving up but unfortunatly the news was the same I was suppose to be 11 weeks but I still had a fetal sac measuring 5 weeks and still no fetal heatbeat the specialist said we need to schedule for a D & C or just wait it out and eventually I will start bleeding and a miscarriage will began. My boyfriend and I wasn't going to allow some Dr. make the decision we were still  optimistic maybe they missed calculated or due date so we waited. As we waited we prayed constantly that Gods will be done and if it's not meant to be let him start the process of miscarriage not me. I started bleeding on Thanksgiving day right after I finished cooking I had no cramps the whole time I continued to bleed lightly for 5days with no cramps at all then we got another U/S and it was conformed that I was miscarrying and that Friday 12/3/2010 I was put to sleep and giving a D & C.

I wanted to write my story for those women out there that is going through what I been through and need direct answers I see a lot of story's posted on this page but no conclusion so I wanted to conclude this for not only you but for myself for closer. Always remember to listen to your body it knows when something is wrong I couldnt find myself to be happy regarding the pregancy all I did was cry and now I realize God was getting me prepared for all that was coming I have peace with the whole sitation I haven't cried since the 4th untra sound I wish all of you the best of luck and hopfully my story will help answer someone's questions out there (To God Be The Glory).....
I also have the IUD paraguard. I have been bleeding lightly since November 11th, 2010. I scheduled an emergency doctors appt. with my OB/GYN on December 2, 2010. She told me the my IUD was still in place and nothing seemed out of the ordinary. I was supposed to give a unrine sample but I had just used the bathroom minutes before they told me so they sent me to get blood drawn to see if i had any infections or whatever. She called me the next day telling me that I was pregnant. I have had 3 blood samples taken since then and I am scheduled to have another this monday. My levels are the following:

Dec. 2, 2010 - 272

Dec. 4, 2010 - 291 (at this point I was told I was most likely having a miscarriage)

Dec. 6, 2010 - 349 (still being told the numbers are bad and this may be an ectopic or not viable pregnancy.

On Dec. 6th I told them to remove the IUD because I did not want to wait longer and have it cause more problems. I have another doctors appt. scheduled for tuesday. I have two very healthy children (5 year old daughter and a 4 year old son) I have never had a miscarriage or abortion. I didn't want to have another baby but now that it is here, I don't want to lose it. I am fearful for my child. I am not very religious but I have been praying for the safe continue of this pregnancy. God knows what is best for me, I just pray that I deliver a very healthy child.
I am 23 this is my second pregnancy within the year. My first one was a miscarrage (miscarriage) unfortunately. I am also Rh neg so this makes my pregnancy even more complicated. First off b/c I had a miscarriage earlier this year all the Dr's told me that I was at high risk. I didnt know that I was pregnant at first but kind of figured it out when I didnt have a pd the whole mth of Oct. So I went in to the dr they told me that I was eight wks prego no heartbeat and a sac with no baby all bad news for me. My Hcg levels were at 12476 so they said they should see something. But I've seen plenty of woman who have experienced the same thing and have had healthy pregnancys. I went in to have my hcg levels checked again and they went up too 12562. So I thought even though this was not that great of an increase this was still good news. The doctor adv me that my hcg levels should be doubling at this time and this is signs of a bad pregnancy. I went back in for a third hcg level test and it went up to 12574. So we will see when I i go back next week whats going on. This is such torture and agony not knowing. But I am trusting God and believing no matter what the dr's say so everyone just keep me in your prayers please. I'll keep you updated!  
When I first found out I was pregnant i was extremely excited as we had been trying for 5 months for a 2nd child. I had a perfect pregnancy the first time and so didnt bother going to the doctor until i started bleeding ( when what i thought was 7 weeks but since found out i was about 6).
The doctor ordered a blood test to check my HCG levels. The results were positive and came out at 69700. The next one done 3 days later was 74900. He told me there was a high chance that I had miscarried and sent me to get an ultrasound, and booked me in for another blood test.
At this point I was sure I had miscarried. At the ultrasound the next day however it was good news! Baby was doing fine and had a heartbeat and was the right size. The bloodtest that day however came out at 73800, it had actually gone down. The doctor couldnt tell me what was going on but sent me for another scan 2 weeks later as my bleeding hadnt stopped.
Had my next scan and after the reading I had been doing I was sure the baby wouldnt have grown and the pregnancy just wasnt going to be viable. BUt again good news, and the baby was just how it should be. He could see where Ive been hearmorraging, but it should clear up.
I just wanted to share my story with everyone to show that HCG levels do NOT have to double every few days for it to be a viable pregnancy! My HCG levels have not at all doubled like the books say, and yet my pregnacy is fine. There IS hope for everyone!.
This is an update from my last post.... I stopped spotting about 5 days ago... I had my blood drawn yesterday and went to my doctors appt. today. My levels went from 349 to 39... I didn't even know about the drop until the doctor came into the room and said, "Im sorry for you loss". I told him I stopped bleeding and that I haven't had any pain at all the whole time... He told me that I may have a higher pain tolerance than most women... MY ***! He said if I feel that I want to wait it out, he will have me give more blood tomorrow and go back to see him next week. I had just bought a baby swing, high chair, car seat, and tub... (all unisex) So if anyone on here is from vegas, write me and I will give you these items. I have never felt emotional pain like this before in my entire life and seeing these items is ripping my heart out. I WISH EVERYONE BETTER LUCK THAN MINE!
Hi I have just had my second attempt at IVF/ICSI after 2 years of trying.  I am 20 DPO with low hcg but the numbers are doubling and my nausea seems to be getting worse but doc thinks it's unlikely the pregnancy will be viable.

My HCG results were
14 DPO - 28
17 DPO - 60
20 DPO - 147

I am so sick of feeling anxious I just want to know which way its going to go it ***** that is has to be this hard just to have a baby.

I dont know what to think anymore its so hard to stay positive.
I found out 10/11/10 that I was pregnant with my 3rd baby! My youngest just turned 10 months. I was so excited but also so nervous with it being so close to my youngest and all the problems i had with her. i bled the whole time and was on bed rest early on due to premature labor and contractions and all that jazz. i went to the dr 12/15 they didnt do an ultra sound even though my belly and back was hurting really bad and my previous pregnancy. so i went to the woman's clinic in the hospital later that day just to check and make sure everything was ok. after 6 hours of waiting i was finally seen. they gave me an ultra sound. my levels that morning was 3545 but the dr couldnt see anything no signs i was even pregnant! there was fluid in my right tube along with the ever so lovely pregnancy cyst. the dr called another one in the room to see if she could find anything. after teh 2nd dr checked everything out, they thought i had an ectopic pregnancy due to my levels being so high and nothing there. they wanted me to go in for a surgery that would remove the possible baby from my tubes. i refused and was told to come back in 2 days to have my levels checked again and have another ultrasound done. i went back 12/17. both drs came in again and told me that my levels had went up to 6000 and the ultra sound looked more convincing. they thought they saw something that looked like a yolk sac developing but i needed to come back in a week. so now i have to wait until 12/23 to see if i am going to be able to carry this baby or if it is an ectopic pregnancy. has anyone ever had this happen? how did it turn out? im soo scared

thanks,
Kita

lots of baby dust to all
gratz to new momma's :)
I just wanted to update you wonderful ladies. I wish I could comment to each of you directly, but it only will let me put one name in the box. I hope those of you who are still wondering find an answer soon, and that it is a happy one. For those of you who received that horrible dreaded news I am so so sorry. I know just worrying about it was horrendous enough for me. Since my last post I have had another sonogram, and at the time they found that I had a thriving baby that was estimated to be 9 weeks and 1 day old, with a very strong heart beat!!!! My cramping that I did have has completely subsided, and things look like they will be ok after all. It's hard knowing you are pregnant when you have an IUD in, you just don't expect it, but if you have any signs or are late, please please get seen asap. I was lucky. The removal itself sometimes causes miscarriage, but leaving it in leaves a strong chance of a infection that could end up deadly for both mommy and baby. I hope nobody gets the wrong idea, I didn't have an IUD because I didn't want children, I got it because I didn't want to tie my tubes and wanted to have more...just a little later on haha. I have a 19 month old now that stopped nursing when she was less than 3 months old and not more than a week later...I got pregnant with her little brother. So I was just intending to space the next one out a little more. But you know what, this baby is a little miracle that defied science. I'm so so so happy it is alive and thriving. From what I've read the copper from the IUD doesn't cause birth defects...but as a Momma I'm still a little worried. I guess I'll have to update you guys around July 15th when it is due. As for the rest of you please keep me updated with your stories as well. There is hope out there sweeties! Don't give up! And again for those of you who did end up with broken hearts, my heart goes out to you. I hope that things get better.
I'm supposed to be 7 weeks pregnant. Last Friday, by the end of last week, I had a sonogram and they could not see the baby. I was dying. This will be my 4th baby. I had some blood drawn on Friday and some again today. My Hcg numbers on Friday were 2881.5 and today's 3485. They didnot double, so the doctor is asking for another test on Wednesday and another sonogram on Thursday. I don't know wat to do, my morning sickness is very mild, and I feel fine; no pain, no bleeding. Is this normal?
I went to the ER with some bleeding and thought I was having a M/C it turned out that I was pregnant. I quit bleeding that day, bleeding while having sex for me isn't abnormal either. I already had an OB dr. So I made an appointment. They did blood work at the ER and my HCG levels were 260 that was on a tues, then went to my dr and they drew more blood on Wed, and then I went back for more blood work on Monday of the next week. I then went to see my dr. a week from that 1st blood being drawn, and she said my levels went from 260(tues) then 4 something (wed), and then 600 (mon). So she's having me wait another week and go back for more blood work to see if my levels rise. She thinks I'mnot goign to have a viable pregnancy, and that my body just hasn't went through the m/c events yet. I'm not understanding where she says that I'm having a m/c. I'm not cramping, or bleeding, it was just that one day, and I don't know when exactly my last period was so couldn't I just be real early on in my pregnancy? I'm just lost with this whole situation, and want to know why dr's are so ready to call m/c or advise you to have a d&c. I have more symptoms of being pregnant than having a m/c. I'm just so confused.
Hi. I'm going through the same thing and I don't know what to do.I just found out i was pregnant monday and my HCG level was at 1123 and i went back today and it went up to 1200..How can i make it go up to at least 2000...What shall i do?...I want this baby so bad and no doctor wants to help me nor tell me how..They all are being negative sayn im going to miscarry...I havent been in any pain and i havent been bleeding nor spotting.I made 4 weeks today..
My levels are not doubleing, they were 709 sun, tues they were 1293 then thurs they were 18303 I'm am about 7 weeks, but my doctor says since they aren't doubling it doesn't look good, I had an ultrasound weds where she found a yolk sak, but that's all no heartbeat, do I still have a chance?
I should be 6w 6 days today and i have been in and out of the hospital since thursday. (I lost baby girl - Lily - at 17 wks in dec 2010)
Had a early scan on 31/3 no confirmed sac - suspected eptopic,hcg 2072,
2 days later 2/4 hcg 2163,
later that day hcg 2243,
2 days later 4/3 hcg 2700 approx and scan showing sac but no baby
Today i was asked to come back to hospital and have been told that (new doctor) they are treating it as eptopic and want me to have a laparoscopy or drug to expell. Im booked in for the lap tomorrow but want to know why my bloods have risen so much, is this going to work out? Is it just too early to see baby?
I've taken 5 preg test and I'm estmated to be 6wks preg! Had an u/s done last Monday and they saw the sac....came back the next week and they said I have a fibroid that was covering their view and they proceeded with an hcg test......Now I'm scheduled to have a second hcg test done today which should have doubled by 66%....I've also been put on insulin (since my pregnancy) to control my diabetes, did a little research, and  read that insulin can cause miscarrages due to extreme hormonal imbalances!! I've been cramping a little with very light, small amount of peach tint blood(?) But was told it was pregnancy pain and my uterus is growing...
Hi this is so reasurring 2 me what everyone is saying.I am in the same situation with my pregnacy.I spotted 4 2 days and then it went off so I said its time 4 a pregnacy test. I went and got 1 it was positive,so i went 2 the dr. I told him I had cramped and spotted he told me 2 come back if there was any bleeding or crampin. the next day i started bleeding heavy he checked me my cervix was still closed.the sent me 2 the ob gyn that delivered my 1st baby. which was a very normal pregnacy.they drew blood and my hcg level was at 118 that was on the 19th of apr.2011 i went back the 22 of apr.2011 and they had risen 2 157. So they drew more blood today and i suppose 2 know something tomorrow i am like a lot of mothers or mothers 2 be praying and trying 2 keep the faith and praying its a good outcome 4 me and the baby cause i really want this to happen i been praying every night 4 a miracle my bleeding has stopped and no cramping or anything just waiting
All Readers- I love that there is hope out there!  First of all my husband and I have been trying to conceive for 2 years now, and I was finally put on Clomid in March 2011.  My LMP was 4/25/11....I took a hpt about a week after my period was due and it came back very lightly positive.  A few days later I took another and it was also the same. On 6/1/11 I went in for a blood test and my hCG level came back at 166.  I went in again on 6/3/11 and the levels only rose to 207.  I have another blood test schd for 6/6/11 and then an office visit on 6/7/11...not sure what to think. I still have some symptoms like light nausea every now and then, fatigue, and somewhat tender breasts....no spotting or cramping...so I guess I just have to wait and see. So overwhelming and stressful...and to top it off I'm in the middle of planning a baby shower for a family member :(
I'm a nervous wreck. My last pregnancy ended in a m/c. This one looks to be doing okay, but I have almost no symptoms. Freak that I am, I'm worried that that means something is wrong. I had to call the doctor twice to double check the results of last week's blood test. I really hope this goes okay.

I'm going in for another blood test this Friday to see if the levels double. My husband and I want this baby so much! After a m/c in January, we're praying that this one pulls through. My husband even wants twins! I'd be perfectly okay with that as long as they're both perfectly healthy.

I've had a lot of side cramps and pain in my shoulder and pelvis but no bleeding. Hopefully, there won't be any. I'm hoping they can do an ultrasound soon as I'm going into my 5th week. I think that the ultrasound is going to be the only thing that will put us at ease. We'll still be really worried until the end of week 12, and hopefully not so much after that.

I'll be on my knees every spare minute of every day praying if that's what it takes.
I can't tell you how much your comments have helped ease my mind slightly.  My husband and I are doing embryo adoption.  They transferred 3 embryos on 5/24/11,  I had my first blood work done on 6/3/11 and the HCG level was only 14.8.  On 6/6, I had more blood work and the level was 40.6.  A good sign, but still really low.  They wanted more blood work on 6/8 and it had only risen to 62.5.  I'm waiting to hear when they want more blood work (Friday or Monday).  I'm 4 weeks and 4 days.  I have only had occassional mild cramping.  No bleeding or spotting.  They'll do an ultrasound at my 6 week (unless they want one earlier).

I just want to thank everyone for sharing their experiences.  They've helped me to focus a little more on the positive (as long as levels go up) and not the negative.
Same as all of you...went in Monday at what I thought was 6 weeks 5 days...u/s done and found a sack but not baby.  Hcg done Monday showed 3200 and hcg on Wednesday was 5200 so they have not doubled but are pretty high.  American perg association says 48-72hrs they should double and at 48 hrs it should go up atleast 60 something % which mine did.  Now I have to wait til Monday for another u/s and I'm a wreck!  I've been reading this post and feel there is hope.  This will be our third and final baby.  I have 2 beautiful baby boys and want a girl!  Feeling sooo preggers but hard to be excited about it right now.  
Btw...I have had no signs of m/c...no bleeding or cramps at all.  I thought everything was normal until my first doc visit monday. This has made me sooo upset!  Please...any advice!
I am trying to figure out how far along Iam.But there are some concerns right now cause My first hcg level was 251 then three days later it was 432.three days later I end up going to the ER due to smach pains and spotting and the doctor said my levels are still at 436 and its possible i have had a miscarriage or my body is going to have a miscarriage or im too early to detect a tubal pregnacy.But they didnt see anything in the uteris or tubes.two days later i went back to the doctor and my hcg level rose to 759 then three days 1300's.now two more days later it only went to 1500's.so now i go back next tuesday for another vaginal ultrasound.Does anyone have any advice on my situation?
I'm glad I've found this site. I too am in the same boat. In sept last year, I became Preg. Got a + HPT at 15 DPO and 17 DPO. on 18 DPO, I had a blood test. Beta was 46/ Progesterone was 15.  20 DPO: Beta was 62/ Progesterone was 18.  22 DPO: Beta was 53. I don't remember what the Progesterone was at. I spotted the following day, and miscarried the day after that.

Now, for this cycle, I tested + on HPT on 11-14 DPO. On 15 DPO i went for bloodwork. Beta was 32/ Progesterone was 19. I go back tomorrow for another blood test. She was happy with the prog (and it higher than it was last time) but i'm still so worried.  I'm reading everyones comments, but I really wish there were more updates as to what happened. I'm searching everywhere to get some answers as to what to expect. I know my numbers are low, I want them to double, I want them higher... :) I want this baby... I'll update you all tomorrow with my second results. I'll probably keep going every 2 days to see what's happening. thanks for reading! xoxo
I agree with you...I wish I would know how things turned out for people, because I, too, am in the same situation:(  My doctor is not testing my progesterone levels (as far as I know!), but I have been getting my hcg checked every 2-3 days.  My levels are rising SOOO SLOWLY and I met with the doctor, today.  I had an ectopic pregnancy in May 2010 and am soooo worried that this pregnancy is the same!!!  He didn't sound very positive at all, but did say that he could be wrong!  I am 5 1/2 weeks preg. and it's too soon to see anything on an ultrasound, he said. So...I'm having lab work on Tuesday morning, followed by an appt with the dr and most likely an ultrasound that same day.  I'm finding it SOO HARD to stay positive, but the posts I have read have given me some strength to keep believing that this pregnancy could possibly work out for me.  Please let me know how you are doing, "riverkb"...I will be thinking of you and sending prayers!!!
My levels are also not doubling or rising slowly.  I have had some cramping which sent me to the ER on 7/29 my HCG was 5000.  We thought I was 7 weeks and I was shown to be 5 weeks per U/S and it was too early to see anything.  They ordered another u/s a week later(8/5).  I went in prepared for bad news, but we saw the baby and there was flickering.  The technician told me she could not say much but that was the baby and the flickering was the heart beat. I also measured barely 5 weeks in the ER and now measured 5 weeks 6 days.  I was relieved.  I go to my first prenatal on 8/10.  The nurse practioner seems unaware of what has transpired and she is looking for a 9 week old fetus.  I can't remember what exactly happened but I tell her I am really 6 weeks and that I had an u/s last friday. She pulls up the records and reads what the radiologist wrote.  They stated that the pregnancy had not progressed since 5 weeks and no heart beat detected. I was in shock. I know I saw the heart beat.  The nurse practioner then tells me I have lost the baby. I have had two more HCG levels that day at 8,000 and this friday at 9200.  They seem to be rising but I am concerned.  My sister also told me her levels did not double and at 7 weeks they found the heart beat.  She has a healthy 6 year old boy.  I know there is some hope and I can live with what ever God has planned. It is just the waiting and it is such a rollercoaster.  I see the doctor on Tuesday I am not sure what will be next.
If my levels were around 670 for my first time having bloodwork how far along would that make me?
Same issue here. Had IVF, doc sent me home with Progesterone pills, went in for pregnancy test which was at HCG 11, doc said progesterone was low and started me on oil injections, 48 hours later HCG at 19, Doc said I will likely miscarry, and began asking when I would be open to having another transfer set up.  Well, 48 hours later my HCG was 38 - this is all at 4 weeks pregnant.  By my 5th week it's at 185 about 72 hours after the last test so it more than doubled.  Now doc says that it MAY keep, but it's still looks bad because it started low.  I'm frustrated because I was so relieved the numbers had doubled every 48 hours, but he's sticking with this claim that when they start off low like mine, it's got a small chance of making it.  My progesterone is at 30, and from what I read anything over 20 is fine. So not sure what all the concern is.  Will be very happy when the u/s goes well next Thursday ( 6 weeks 2 days pregnant)... cross your fingers that there's a heartbeat!
I should be going on 10 weeks, saw the doctor again today, had my third ultrasound, saw the sac but no "yolk", and no heartbeat. My HCG levels haven't been doubling every 48 hours, but have continued to rise, they are currently at 12,000, and I will get the results tomorrow for today's test. The doctor told me his associate believed this to be an eptopic pregnancy and suggested an immediate D & C, but my Doctor does not believe this to be the case, but also does not think this is a healthy pregnancy, and will not do a D&C until my HCG levels drop to confirm loss of the fetus. I have been going out of my mind not knowing, as I have Endometriosis and was told 5 years ago, I may never have children, and after trying for a year, my husband and I were so excited to find that I was pregnant. I have not had any cramping that would even be close to my normal menstrual cramps, and absolutely no spotting or bleeding. My body feels like this should be a good pregnancy, but tests show otherwise. Has anyone else experienced this around the same time frame?? Any advice?
I found out I was pregant, had cramping and spotting before I found out, thought it was the start of my period.  Went adn did three blood tests.  Told me levels weren't rising, I was going to miscarry.  I did an ultrasound and there was a heart beat, doctor told me to take some pills for my levels.  Have another ultersound on monday.  I am so confused, I prepared for a miscarriage, and now I am freaking out since I saw the heart beat.  Any advice????
I found out was pregnant on Friday with hcg at 17 and progesterone at 24.5. Today I did my hcg again (4days later) and it's only 21.5. My dr says is a miscarriage
my doctot told me that it was a miscarriage too, they did an ultrasound and said there was a heart beat, not a week later did one again and same thing a heart week, both times they said the baby was 6 weeks along.  i find this weird.  i asked but was told to get another ultrasound in another week and half. i did not have any issues with either of my first two.
I am in the same boat not sure what to do.....doc says they can't find the heart beat. But my levels seem to be rising. On oct 18 they were 7,00 and some odd numbers. Well when I went in on nov 2 they were 12,000. Not really doubled but higher. Are they just slow??? I have not had heavy bleeding at all...what should I do?

hi, i found out i was pregnant 3weeks ago im about 4-5weeks went to doc as i was bleading abit for 5days now its stoped she said im having a miscarriages but my hcg is going up it was 21, 37, 90, 257, now its 467 today thay said my pregnancy is not going so well, im going out of my mind here. anyone can help.

hi all, i found out i was pregnant 3weeks ago im about 4-5weeks went to doc as i was bleading abit for 5days only she said im having a miscarriages but my hcg is going up it was 21, 37, 90, 257, now its 467 today thay said my pregnancy is not going so well, im going out of my mind here as i dont know whats going on.. anyone can help.

Hey, its caroline I am 5wekks pregnant and been bleeding a lot over these couple of days I went for a blood test and 2days later went for another they said it went up but did not double.I went back this morning for a internal scan and they said they could see a shac but they told me go bk in 10days as any1 at all been through thiss I am really worried ?! Let me know
Hi i think i am 2 to 4 weeks pregnant and my hcg level was a 56 the two days later only 76 the dr says im either miscarrying or having a ectopic i am really scared they want me to do a d&c but i told them i want another blood test. is there any chance i will be fine and have a normal pregnancy or has this happened to anyone else?
Wow after reading this thread...I thought I was the only one in this situation.  Dr. is telling me the same thing...that I may miscarry.  She is saying that due to not seeing a sac.  I was in the ER two days ago because Dr. thought it might be a ectopic and the hospital says they did see a sac that was equal to the size of being 5 weeks.  Blood levels came out to be 252 which the hospital said that is normal for 5 weeks.  I was at the Dr. again today to take another blood test to check my levels, but she is still saying the same thing...that I might be having a miscarriage.  I have a light brown spotting right now.  So not sure what to think.  I have two healthy beautiful children and just thought having a third would complete are family...but if it's not meant to be...it's not meant to be.  I'm 34 years old today so I guess we can try again if things don't work out this time.  I'm crossing my fingers!  
hi there
Im going through the same sort of situation as you.
I found out i was pregnant on 2/11/11
had a very small bleed with lower back ache on 10/11/11, which turned straight brown for 1 week.
The day after 11/11/11 i was sent for an internal u/s and they saw nothing so they did beta hcg levels that day, which came back at 500, repeated 48hrs later and they were 600, was admitted to be examined, whch showed nothing again on u/s.
went back for more blds 48rs later and they were 900, again was admitted to be examined with another u/s which showed nothing so again i went back for more beta hcg levels 2 days later and they were 1322.
So again i had to go in for another u/s which showed nothing ie no sign of eptopic no sign of sac. That day they said i was a mystery! i had to wait around half the afternoon waiting for the gyne consultant who eventually came and said i have 2 options 1) i have to consider a laproscopy or the injection to kill fast growing cells, or to leave it as im in no pain and to return  on tues which is tomorrow to review me. I choose to be left and Basically if my bloods havent doubled tomorrow they will probably do the laproscopy. Ive had enough now. Sick of not knowing whats going on!  
Hi there,

I have miscarried and had etopic pregnancy in the past 2 1/2 yrs. I was told that my tubes are blocked with fibroids. I still hoped and prayed and looked into other stuff to openup my tubes and now Im pregnant again. Now I'm going thr that HCG level 11/29 my level was 181 and today 12/01 went down to 78. I dont know what to think anymore. Im having brown spots so I dont know if that's bad but I know the feeling of miscarrying and I dont feel any cramps. Honestly I'm already at the breaking point!!!!! But this website is giving me hopes I just wished the doc would call me and tell me whats the next step? This waiting is crucial! Anyway thank you so much for your inputs and hearing me out.
reading all these posts gives me hope.  I've have 2 healthy children, no history of miscarriage, and by my calculations should be 6 weeks pregnant.  I've had bleeding for a week and a half, went to my ob/gyn and hcg levels are not rising properly.  474 on mon, 663 wed, 776 thurs, and ultra sound showed a sack.  Doctor said an hour ago that it doesn't look promising.  I go back in 3 days for bloodwork (hcg level) and another ultrasound.  I'm feeling very out of sorts.  I am 40 (my youngest is 3), and never had any complications.  I really am torn about being hopeful because I don't want to be devestated if I miscarry.  what to do?
HI everyone, I am freaking out I have taken clomid for 4 months to finally get a positive test at home so made  a Dr. He confirmed with a pt but showed nothing on the ultrasound he seemed very cofident I was pregnant, I later that evening started bleeding and having bad cramping (red and med flow only when I go pee) I went to the ER they did a vag check and said everything looks good, however my hcg level was 26.8 and with the bleeding she was pretty sure I was going to have a miscarriage,(Also informed me I have a UTI) but need to get my hcg level checked in 48 hours and she put me on bed rest! Has anyone herd of a healthy baby with these symptoms?
Hello!  I am new to the post.  This is my third child and we have been trying to two years to get a positive pregnancy test.  On Dec. 19 my hcg levels were 278 and progesterone was 44.  One Dec. 27 my hcg was 1821 and progesterone had dropped a little.  She said my levels were in the normal range because it is such a wide range.  I go back in one week to have these rechecked.  Anyone else have these slow rises in hcg?
I recently fount out I was pregnant my hormones went from 400 on the 5th to 600 on the 9th and now 800 on the 11th does it mean I'm going to lose my baby.my dr said there is nothing showing the baby in my tubes but because my hormones aren't exactly doubling I'll miscarry sooner or later. this is my first pregnancy I'm nervous and scared can anyone help?
I went for a blood test on a friday and my levels were at 15000 and monday they came back 11800 and i know i have miscarried my levels arn't going any higher so i have accepted this fact but good luck to all you lovely people on this site :)
I am in the midst of HCG problems.  I had positive pregnancy test afet spotting for 10 days prior to my due period.  I had miscarriage back in AUG 2011 and spotted early in then as well.  Doc had me immediately come in for hcg which was 125 and then four days later it is now 131...They tried to prepare me for miscarriage and I am in limbo for a week to find out if indeed I am miscarrying.  I am still spotting this is now 13 days.  Any advice on what to do next, I am preparing myslef for the worst but would like to avoid this from happening again.
My first hcg beta test was 13 days after 2 day embryo transfer and the number was 381. I took another test today - 4 days later (17 days after transfer) and the number is over 2000. They are very concerned because they did not see anything growing in my uterus (I should be 4.5 weeks preg). They told me to come back in 2 days but if I have any pain or bleeding I should rush to the ER. Has anyone else had this and had a healthy pregnancy after? I am so nervous!
I AM TWICE AS SCARED! Mine where 300 at 3 and a half weeks now at 4 and a half they are 28000! what!?!
I have no idea what to do i am having alot of pain as well...
what can i do?
what did they tell you? and when do you go for next u/s and bw?
I'm so glad I found this page..

I found out I was preg 2 weeks ago & was so excited told everybody that we know.  I went to the Dr to confirm, she said it was a weak test so sent me for a blood work confirmation (Monday, HCG 326).  I got referred to an OB & made my 1st appointment (which was supposed to be next Friday).  Then this past Wednesday I had some spotting (brown) but it freaked me out bc I hadn't been seen by anyone.  I called the OB's office, left a msg with someone who works there & no one ever returned my call so I went to the ER.  They took my blood, & did an u/s & saw what looked like a very early gestational sac 3mm in my uterus.  They diagnosed a 'threatened miscarriage' & recommended I follow up w a NEW Dr to follow up (Wednesday, HCG 312).  I called, told them my situation & they suggested blood work right away.  They called me with my results & told me it didn't look good (Friday, HCG 491, Progesterone 4.2), that I should expect to start bleeding & be prepared to miscarry & to come in for a follow-up on Monday.  Tonight I started bleeding red & having sharp intermittent cramps.  They told me there was nothing that could be done, but I keep reading that SO MANY women are put on a progesterone supplement right away.  I've been crying constantly & SO ANGRY that they didn't see it viable enough to give me a progesterone supplement to hold off the bleeding.  I'm still holding out hope for Monday, but have just been devastated because I never thought this could happen to me.. at least after reading this, if my HCG goes up on Monday I'm DEMANDING a progesterone supplement & not giving up on my baby.  

Thank you ladies for helping me regain my sanity.
I felt horrible last week so I went to my family Doctor on Friday. He called me and said my hcg level was 19.4.  He told me to make an appointment with the gyn. I went and did blood work on Tuesday.  My hcg was only 24.  I had to call 2 days in a row to get the results and the nurse said, "I'll have the doctor call you and talk to you.  He'll most likely cancel the next test on Monday because you've miscarried."  He never called. My husband and I have never cried like we have today.
ohh thank god my hcg start low 28 then 61 then 143 every 48 hours ,then after 96 hours it increased only from 143 to 243 i'm really scared
i am 6 weeks pregnant nothing appear at ultrasound
i started my hcg level by 28 then 61 then 143 every 48 hours
but after 96 hours 143 increases to 243 only!!!!!!!!!!!!! no spottig no bleeding
Im scared to death after three days of spotting and bleeding im back in the hospital my levels have only increased by a hundred I have already suffered two misscarriages in the past and my doc is saying because of the levels this doesnt look good im not ready to give up im in no pain whatsoever and they cant find a source for the bleeding my ultrasoung looked good I dont know what to do any advice
I am 5.5 weeks pregnant, had light bleeding for 3 days. Ultrasound showed a sac but no fetus. HCG was 517, still awaiting results of repeat HCG. Have been so worried, hoping to hear a positive outcome. Hoping and praying everything is OK.
I went to the ER on Tuesday with stomach pain.. Urine test showed that i am pregnant, not sure as of how far i am because i dont have normal periods. I didnt have a period for 3 years, and got pregnant with my daughter and had a normal pregnancy. Well ive been spotting for 2 1/2 weeks, and havent spotted since the ER visit. My levels were 900ish hCG ... and i was sent to get blood work this morning and its still only 925. They are saying im either at the end of a miscarriage, beinging of a ectopic preg, or beginning of a normal pregnancy. My last full period was about 3 weeks ago. They also cant find a sac in the u/s .. including the internal one. They found a cyst that had ruptured though. Do you think my pregnancy could still turn out okay with those spotting events and my hCG levels not doubling???
I got four positive hpt 03/18/12. Lmp 02/14 ( only consisting of 4 days of light bleeding) went to the doc and my levels were at 22, than 36, than 70. I had a test done a week ago with levels at 175. But results came back with my last test done on wednesday at 159. My doc said to wait it out until monday for more labs. I'm really concerned, I had a miscarriage 12/08and a stillbirth 09/09. I hope third times a charm, but I'm still really worried. I'm super high risk and have the blood disorder factor 5. Any words of encouragement.......   *hoping for a miracle*
I have had some of the same problems and my hcg levels went from 41 to 54 to a 64 to 28 and I have had some nausea an breast tenderness my doctor says I may have had a miscarriage but I have not had any signs of one. I am goin back to the doc in the morn. I am prob at the most two weeks do I still have any hope
I'm 7 weeks. 2200 hcg... Last week it was 1745 so it didn't double. My doctor says I could still have a healthy pregnancy however it is suspicious because i had a miscarriage almost 2 years ago...I took a blood test yesterday and I'm waiting for the results... I'm going crazy waiting! I'm on progesterone to help me as well.  All I can do is pray, pray, and pray! I will pray for all the mommy to be's out there too, xoxo.
As of right now I am sort of in the same position.   This past wed night I was in the ER fri
Bleeding.   ER dr sent for ultrasound.  Said they could not find anything on ultrasound and my hcg levels were very low.  His best guess was a miscarraige (miscarriage).   Wanted me to follow up with obgyn for another titers today.  Went for blood test called back two hours later for results.   My hcg levels were rising but not doubled.  The nurse was as dumbfounded as I was.  When I asked. What that meant. She said at this point she has no idea. So we go Tuesday for more blood test and an ultrasound to make sure it is not ectopic.  We are holding out hope that God is working a miracle for us.  We have been married 6 years. And this is our first pregnancy although we have been trying nearly the whole 6 years.   I have normally low. Messed up hormones anyway   So many prayers to those here and askin for those in return:)
Hi ladies.....if only the girls with older posts would come back & post their outcomes. I only wonder how many of us in this situation back then, actually went on to a successful pregnancy??? I am 5w6days pregnant. Had some spotting last Thursday...went to the ER...my hcg levels were 390, u/s did not find anything, but dr said that u/s could not see anything anyway unless hcg levels were at a minimum of 1500. Ive had no spotting or cramping since, I want back 2 days later for more blood work & my hcg is 500.1. Doctor does not seem very optimistic at all...he said that im in the process of miscarriage and he asked that I follow up with my doctor ASAP about a D&C. I told him that I wasn't bleeding or cramping and I still felt all my pregnancy symptoms & he said that I could possibly have a missed miscarriage. My heart is broken, as this would be my third miscarriage, if I miscarry.
I hear these stories about women who go on to have a healthy baby after going through this, but I wonder how many of us actually made it there. I go back to my doctor in two days. I'm still hopeful & I hope to beat the odds. I hope we all beat the odds!! Any thoughts??
The first day of my last missed period was May 1, 2012 I should be 6 weeks tomorrow. I took a hpt May 30th it was positive. Then on June 5th I started spotting. I called dr she ran blood work that day she said my levels were 1455 she said she wanted me to come in on sat. (June 7th) to have blood work and ultrasound. So i did the found a sac. :) but my levels had not doubled they were only 2400 so i have another test tom. and another ultrasound one week from tom. !!!! I am still bleeding (so i have been bleeding for 5 days) my dr didn't seem concerned with bleeding or ultra sound just the levels. I have a 3 year old son and with him i did bleed some due a blood bubble that was formed and burst when he attached. But she didnt see a bubble this time and my levels were always doubling. Not only that i have slight cramping. Since my numbers are increasing and the sac is in the rights spot should i be scared? I just want to tell my husband something. He has no hope. he deosn't see how this can be healthy and I am scared. Please someone with a similar story update me on what happened so I can have a ray of hope or can start to prepare myself and my hubby thanks
I just want to say this was such a lovely message, and my thoughts exactly! I am having some spotting and hcg levels not quite doubling and this board has been so helpful and really makes me feel less alone.
I also went on to have a healthy baby girl after my dr. wanting to do a d&c I refuse and delivered on time. So dr don't know everything sometimes you have to use your on instinct.
Im glad i found this site. i took 5 pregnancy test (home) all positive faint line on tuesday-wednsday. I have been bleeding for about 5 days now Very light though. I had 2 negative test when i went to the clinic wed and thursday. they took blood test thursday. I got my results on saturday that it was positive. Im still bleeding light and lower back pai and pain on left side. I went to ER and nothing was in my ultrasound (vignal). they did blood work and my level was at 35. they say i can be early or threatening a miscarriage. this is my first pregnancy and i am sooo scared. is there any hope, can they be wrong i have been throwing up, nausea, bowel movments, and headaches. i feel like im pregnant.
Im concerened that i may be having a not so normal pregnacy. I went in for my first OBGYN apointment on tursday June 25 2013 and i did an ultra sound i was in beliefe that i was shy one day of 8 weeks which i didnt understand bc i had a full period in may and my boyfriend and i didnt sleep together close to the middle end of the month. so the only period ive missed so far has been June. So when i did my ultra sound they seen the sac but couldnt see an embreyo so the first thought was that im nit as far as i thought. so i dook my blood that day to see my HCG levels it came back at 9,000 than i came back two days later which was thursday June 27 2013 and they were reading at 10,023 so they didnt double but they did go up a little. i was told that this isnt a normal pregnancy i dont go back to the doctors until tuesday May 2 2013 i am gunna request another blood test and ultra sound before i decide anything. after readying all these i do not want to do a d&c without giving it some more time. if im gunna miscarry it will happen on its own. Im not having any signs of a misscarridge no spotting no bleeding or cramping. So i still have faith. the last misscarridge i had i was bleeding and my HCG levels were going down and in my ultra sound they couldnt see anything not even the sac so i have faith.
So I have some encouraging news about slow-rising hcg levels! I recently found out I was pregnant with our second baby and we were ecstatic! I requested that my hcg levels be drawn purely for my benefit (I am a nurse and unfortunately know more than I would like). Anyway, I got the first lab draw last Friday and it was 1042.5. I had another lab draw on Sunday and it was 1190. I immediately freaked out because I was expecting a lot higher level. I called my OB after hours number and the nurse basically said there was nothing they could do and I may be about to miscarry. I went to my OB the next day and basically was still in the dark because no one could give me clear cut, black and white answers. I just wanted to know if I should still have hope or if I needed to prepare myself for the worst. My dr. couldn't give me the answers I wanted and basically said that my levels weren't rising the way he would like them to but that he wanted to repeat the level again the next day. He said he couldn't do an US until my levels reached 2000. I went home confused and very sad and prayed so hard that I would get an answer the next day when I got my lab drawn. I prayed that the level would either be really high or that it would go ahead and drop so I would know one way or the other. Unfortunately, I didn't get what I wanted again! My level the next day had risen again but still not where it needed to be. It was 1335. The plan was not to get any more labs drawn until the following Monday to give my body time to figure out which way to go. Well the next day I get a phone call from my OB office and the nurse said that the doctor changed his mind and wanted to try and do an US the next day to see if we could see anything. I went into the office with much trepidation. Lo and behold, the US showed a strong heartbeat and a little peanut tucked away inside a sac!!!!! I was sooo thrilled. I had a f/u appt with my midwife and she said that she couldn't explain why my levels didn't double but she also told me to not worry about it! She said that since we found a baby in there, the US would be the best way to determine if there was anything wrong in the future anyway. She said they usually don't get hcg levels on someone so early in pregnancy unless something warranted it. I have never had any bleeding, spotting, or cramping. Nothing to indicate something is wrong except for my foolish need for information. I wish I had NEVER gotten my levels done in the first place because I have been driving myself CRAZY all week wondering what was going on with my body. I went from having no hope and thinking I had a blighted ovum, chemical pregnancy, ectopic pregnancy, etc (all possibilities mentioned by dr and good ole google) to seeing my little baby's heartbeat. One reason I think everything was off was because I am not as far along as I thought. (Thought I was 7 weeks and baby is only measuring 5 weeks). This is very possible since I was on Clomid which makes you ovulate later and althought I didn't take OPT, I know I ovulated later. The bottom line of my story is this: everyone is different!!!! Some stories I know end in heartbreak but other stories end up just fine! I realized I was making a huge mistake in comparing my first pregnancy with this pregnancy because each pregnancy is totally different and can have different s/s as well! I regret putting my baby through so much unnecessary stress. I feel like I totally wasted a week of my life and a week of my pregnancy in worrying and stressing and crying! I am not saying that hcg levels don't matter because I know they do tell us a lot of important information, however don't rely on numbers alone! Keep the faith until there isn't anything there to fight for anymore and just when you think you are at your lowest, a miracle may be right around the corner! I hope this helps someone out there....
Hi tere... 8 wks n went for scanning but doc can't seem to detect anythin in sac . Took blood test it showed I m pregnant ..took another blood test n came to baby's hormones are rising but rather at a slow rate.. too confused n stressed. Just hoping everything is going to be fine. My first baby n I dun want to lose it
I had my LMP on Aug 18, 2013 - I took a home pregnancy test on Sept 24, 2013 and it showed pregnant 1-2(which meant conception happened 1-2 weeks prior to the test date, which would have made me 3-4 weeks pregnant). I went to the doctor on Oct 1, 2013 and did a urine dip test; the doctors office has faulty tests because it came back negative. She sent me for bloodwork to make sure 100% that I was pregnant. My bloodwork came back on Oct 3, 2013 showing that my Hcg level was 405. I was doing well all that week, until Thursday Oct 10, 2013 when I started having light pink spotting on the toilet paper. I called my doctor got in right away and had more bloodwork drawn the results were 1566, and had 2 ultrasounds on Friday Oct, 11, 2013 - and they showed and "empty" uterus! I was so scared that I went and took another home pregnancy test and it showed pregnant again this time the result said 2-3(which means I was about 4-5 weeks pregnant). I continued to spot with periods of bright red bleeding(caused by the trans-vaginal ultrasound). I went to the ER on Saturday evening, they did repeat bloodwork and my Hcg levels were 1486 so they dropped, they did another ultrasound and it again showed empty uterus!! I was told that I was having a miscarriage and it could take a couple of weeks to complete the process. I should expect heavy bleeding and horrible cramping! I am scheduled to get follow up bloodwork done Wednesday to make sure the Hcg levels are continuing to drop - what happens if they begin to rise? Does this mean I have not miscarried? Does this mean eptopic pregnancy?
hey, im michaela, yesterday the doctor tried the same thing with me, i think im about 5 weeks and on thursday my hormone level was 3000 and yesterday it went up to 4000 because it didnt reach 6000 in 2 days he wanted to do keyhole surgery, me and my partner refused because we have been here before in june and tho then my hormone level was so low and dropped i excepted we had to get the injection but because it has still gone up this time we still have hope. i have no pains or signs of miscarriage. also on thursday the other doctor i seen tol me if my level was 1500 or above it was a good sign, im so confused
My beat hcg levels have increased since my post. I had bloodwork done on Oct 16 and it showed levels at 1745. I had more bloodwork done on Oct 17 and will find out Monday what they show. I have no cramping or pain...I am still spotting on and off and passing mucous like strings but nothing significant!!
I am so confused - and actually now feel like they doctors have no clue what is going on. My family doctor told me Thursday. " I have never seen anything like this before" wow - that is re-assuring!!!
I Bled 4am wednesday 16th Oct clots bright red blood. My period was due 24th september, I had already been confirmed pregnant prior to this at the Dr and numerous pregnancy tests but after this night I panicked and was certain I had miscarried I had an emergency ultrasound on the 18th and it showed nothing I should have been 7+3 days so they told me It didn't look good.. Anyway I had bloods taken and they said come back in 48hrs to get results and bloods drawn again so I went on the 21st for results and blood was still 175 the fresh blood drawn that day indicated 281 in the blood which meant it was steadily going up and I just wasn't as far on as I thought I was. Booked in for another u/s as they can only pick any image up when levels are above 1,000/2,000 but yeah I am still pregnant! Miracles do happen do not give up hope.
Hi there, need serious help regarding hcg levels in pregnancy? I'm on my 9 week now having all possible symptoms of pregnancy but sadly my hcg levels are not being detected by the urine test? Is it possible to show up within the coming weeks? anyone whose had the similar case? Please help & suggest as the doctor won't agree on doing a blood test despite requesting and this will be our 1st baby and my hubbs and me are so looking forward to the arrival and a safe pregnancy .... :(
Ladies I need all your knowledge and advice I'm going to post my situation
I found out I was pregnant Oct.17.2013.In the er they said I might be a threat in miscarriage my hcg level was 939.It scared me then.I went to my obgyn this Monday  oct. 21st..the obgyn said my level went up to 1300  something but he said it should have doubled or tripled.So I had to come back today in make sure it wasnt a tube pregnancy.He gave me a ultrasound in he couldn't see anything.I am early only like  two wks maybe earlier I'm not sure.my last period was Aug.twenty first but I just recently conceived.I'm scared I'm going to miscarry because I haven't doubled or tripled.When I got a ultrasound today he said my ovaries was fine but the mucous was thickening...beer wit me if I'm not saying it write my 1st pregnancy.I in my husband can't stop worrying or thinking about it.has this happened to anyone else.....please help
I don't have any advice; as you can see I am going through something similar. This has been going on for me over 2 weeks of spotting and yesterday I started bleeding and passing clots; this morning I passed what I thought was a clot, but when I pulled it out of the toilet(yes I went in after it) I noticed it was white in colour with what appeared to be viens - I can only assume that is the amniotic sac that no one was able to find on my ultrasounds. I have an appointment with the EPAU(Early Pregnancy Assessment Unit)..they are going to check to make sure that my pregnancy has ended itself or what is going on.  My hcg levels are increasing and actually doubled in 24hrs!!! Went from 1745 to 1946...I am at a loss.
My advice to you would be to NOT let them give you the run around, and to get checked out ASAP - if you have to demand to be seen by the EPAU in your area!
Hi. I see all these posts and pray for all of you. I have a crazy situation. I became pregnant in August 2013 ,in which I shouldn't have. I only have one tube and the other was cut (tubal ligation) back in 2009 due to many ectopic pregnancies.  Well I went to ER with extreme stomach pain. The doctors and everyone else (including me) were completely shocked.  Of course I just assumed it would be another ectopic because my tubes don't work. Low and behold, the u/s determined there was one in my uterus..what a shock. Anyways a week or so later started spotting . Realized there were two. One ended up in my abdomen. I started to miscarry the one in my uterus too. So after many weeks my dr was following my HCG levels. When I found out  I was pregnant levels were at 8200.  After 6 weeks  Hcg finally was down to about 20 but I started bleeding. After 5 days it stopped and hcg was at 11. Not sure if that was my period or not because I didn't think you can get one until hcg reaches zero.  Anyone have a period before hcg went back to zero?Now I'm waiting to see if a pregnancy happens . We obviously we're not trying before but no we are hoping for it to happen.
I am going through something similar.  I had a Mirena for 4 years and suddenly started to experience abdominal pain.  I knew something wasn't right so I headed to the OBGYN.  He Diagnosed me with a cyst and came back in afterward and told me my pregnancy test was positive.  He sent me to do an HCG which was 154.  Two days later it was 264.  He then decided to pull my IUD (which I bleed very heavily after that for about 4 days) and ordered another HCG be done two days later which was only 315.  The doctor advised that it was non-viable and versus getting a d&c done to wait it out and see if it goes away on its own.  He told me to return 10 days later to repeat a urine pregnancy test of which should be negative.  I waited 7 days and the urine test was positive and hcg level was 820.  The doctor told me my numbers are still very low and he's 98% positive it's a non-viable pregnancy but we will do an ultrasound to see if we find anything.  Still pending on the ultrasound of which will be done tomorrow.
I am going through something similar.  I had a Mirena for 4 years and suddenly started to experience abdominal pain.  I knew some if wasn't right so I headed to the OBGYN.  He Diagnosed me with a cyst and came back in afterward and told me my pregnancy test was positive.  He sent me to do an HCG which was 154.  Two days later it was 264.  He then decided to pull my IUD (which I bleed very heavily after that for about 4 days) and ordered another HCG be done two days later which was only 315.  The doctor advised that it was non-viable and versus getting a d&c done to wait it out and see if it goes away on its own.  He told me to return 10 days later to repeat a urine pregnancy test of which should be negative.  I waited 7 days and the urine test was positive and hcg level was 820.  The doctor told me my numbers are still very low and he's 98% positive it's a non-viable pregnancy but we will do an ultrasound to see if we find anything.  Still pending on the ultrasound of which will be done tomorrow.