Maternal & Child Community
Can implantation bleeding have little dark clots and last for 6 days?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I do have unprotected sex with my boyfriend and have realized the possibilities that the "pull out" method may not work very well all the time. I got my last "period" about 10 days ago. It stopped about 4 days ago. For the week or 2 before and during my "period" or "implantation" i was having swelling and terrible pain in my breasts even to touch them. The areolae seemed bigger/darker and the veins in my breasts were showing a lot more than normal. My nipples were even more sensitive, and hard all the time. I felt so tired as if i would pass out from being so exhausted. No matter how much sleep i got it wasn't enough. I started getting hungry a lot more often than usual and craving foods, even if i normally didn't want them. I would eat, and still be hungry. That isn't normal for me. I usually try to watch what i eat and my weight but its felt out of my control. I have had the worst mood swings lately and even fired a girl at work for disrespecting me (which is out of character for me even if she should have been fired anyway). So, I started bleeding on the 22nd and it was red mixed with dark brownish red and very light. I only needed a panty liner. Same the next day but it had dark clots mixed in. The other days (24th, 25th, 26th, and 27th) were even lighter and mostly brown, almost spotting. My breasts aren't tender and painful anymore but are still a little bigger than usual. I still have the other symptoms, just not as strongly as before. Also, my stomache is bloating a lot now. Even more than before.  I have had (and still have even though im trying to ignor it) a strong feeling inside that i am pregnant. Does it sound like i'm pregnant? Or could i be pregnant? Please help! Thank you

Hi! It all depends on when you had the bleeding—I mean when during your menstrual cycle. Implantation bleeding occurs between six to twelve days after ovulation. In other words, it usually occurs in the third or fourth week of the menstrual cycle or in the third or fourth week from the date of the last menstrual period. Also the bleeding is pinkish or brownish. The only thing that goes against it is clots which are usually a sign of periods and miscarriage. Yes, implantation bleeding can last 5-6 days. Take a blood pregnancy test. If the test is negative then you are not pregnant. If it is borderline, repeat after a week to see if the levels are rising. Rising levels indicate pregnancy.
Take care!
canu tell me what happen i goin htrew the same thing???