Maternal & Child Community
Can my 3.5 month old be teething already?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Can my 3 1/2 month old be teething already? Should I be able to feel a tooth coming thru if he is?
very normal my lil one has been teething inc ehe was 8 weeks old and he is now 11 weeks old and we still dont feel a tooth coming through but his gums are pretty white...hes constantly chewing and slobbering all over everything and hes cranky about it...hes got a lil bum rash on and off which  apparently is because of it..a  little fever but other than that hes doing very good....so yes its possible
White gums aren't usually an indicator of teeth, usually they will turn red and swollen, "tooth bumps" as I call it. The only time you see white is when they actually rupture the gum line and come up. It usually starts with a little corner of one and within a few days the rest erupts.

My middle got his first 2 teeth right at four months, so if you see the swollen bumps right where the central incisors on the bottom should be coming in, baby may be getting ready to pop some teeth. As a general rule the bottom two come in first, follow by the top two and so on.
HI  Normally, but it not way off the normal for 3.5 month old to actually teeth. Your Ped. Dr. will tell you NO the baby isnt. but if the baby has   1. increase drooling,  2. chewing on your fingers (or anything eles put in the mouth) not sucking but biting on it,  3. slight loose stools (this is caused from the increased drooling and slimmy content of the drool. )  4. Gums may be swelling/ tender.  I am a Peds nurse and see 3-4 month old babies teeth faily frequently.    
Cameron  also has his gums swollen and has the little bumps as well.. i knew he was teethign but didnt know exactly what to look for and when my mil noticed she confirmed i was right...and my mom also said the same thing about the swollen gums and its a redish pink and you see the bums and he chews/bites like crazy-it hurts me so i can imagine his little hands...someone recommended a faceclothe...he loves it....well wet lol...  but he also has it white...all i knows it they're on their way when? i dunno lol hes not too too bad with them which is good...slight little fever his average is 36.3-36.5 i have noticed and he goes up to 37.3 so...but right now he is having a little stomache virus as well so the fever could be for either...

Did your kids seem cranky? He has been moaning...like he is in discomfort and yes he's chewing  and sucking on his hand and his blanky and drooling....he even sucks on my husbands shirt when he's holding him. He hasnt had a temp. I've taken it like a million times.
It's possible.  They start teething months before the first tooth pops through.
Absolutely!  One of my friend's daughters had her 2 bottom teeth at 6 weeks!