Maternal & Child Community
Can one conceive naturally at age 44?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Can one conceive naturally at age 44?

My title is pretty much my question.
I just turned 44, and my husband just turned 47.
We have no children, and I was wondering if anyone here has or knows someone around my age, that conceived somewhat easily and naturally.

Thanks.
A friend of mine is 40 and recently conceived naturally.......

She had 5 miscarriages and then a healthy boy.....he is now almost 2 and she is appx. 14 weeks pregnant.
I think they had tried for a bit but she was (still is) breastfeeding her son.
I didn't get deep into things with her and ask when she got her period back and all that while breastfeeding. They may have tried the whole two years (doubtful) or just part of the last year.

Have you asked your doctor about your chances?

Best of luck and please come back and keep us posted....we would love to hear a success story!!!!!!

Hugs,
Vikki
i used to work at a log truck scale shack...one of the drivers came through one day and had a boy about 7 or 8 with him...the driver was older probably early sixties so i asked if his grandson was enjoy the ride......boy did i stick my foot in my mouth. the guy says that's my son...i mus thave turned 12 shades of red, told him i was sorry and he said not to worry he gets it a lot.

his wife had been going through menopause and they thought they couldn't get pg when she was in  menopause.....well guess what..wrong.

good luck i hope you are successful
~nanci
HI
my friend had a baby two plus years ago at 45 years old - her doctor told her it was rare and chance of miscarriage was high
but she succeeded
hi im only 23 years old have been trying for my second child for four years i think it has nothing to do with age (unless you gone through the change of life) it has to do with your body GOODLUCK dont give up maybe look at ivf then you dont have to go through the stress of trying naturally, trust me its less stressful and you dont waste alot of time trying when you can go through ivf with a hugh sucess rate
My bosses wife just had a baby at 44 years old and he is a healthy beautiful little boy.  Good luck to you!!!
I have a friend who had a baby at 47.  It was a surprise pregnancy.  She thought she was done.  My friend only had a 2 hour labor and delivered a beautiful healthy baby girl.  I wish you well and a wonderful pregnancy.  Miracles happen!