Maternal & Child Community
Can ovulation occur very soon after your mentrual cycle ends?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Ok, i'm new to this site and i'm not familiar with all the short forms so bare with me k ;). Me and hubby are not trying to conceive although i'd be happy if i was pregnant...i usually have normal periods every 26-27 days. I haven't really paid much attention to when i ovulated but know in the past i ovulated around the 14 day mark when i had a cycle of 28 days. So, my question is, how soon can u ovulate after your last cycle. I had my period on Aug 26, had unprotected sex on Sept 2&4 and then i believe i ovulated on the Sept 5-7 which is only 10 days after the beginning of my last cycle. So now i'm a nervous wreck...this waiting game is killing me. I try to tell my hubby that i'm positive i'm gonna be pregnant(cause i know i'm very fertile)....but of course i have my doubts b/c maybe i wasn't ovulating after all. Please help!
You can ovulate anytime.  That's the only answer I can give you.  Some women ovulate on cd10 and some ovulate much later.  It just depends.  It is possible that you ovulated when you thought you did.

and just so you know you are ttc.  Unprotected sex = ttc.
Yes, you can.....
I was just curious....how do you know you are very fertile??

Also i remember saying the same, "we were not ttc...but having fun unprotected sex!" when in the back of my mind i always hoped for that double line to show up in the tests...lol.
I believe I got preg. with DD just a few days after my period.  I missed a pill or two and I was preg. so I always thought I was "very fertile" so for 4 years I was scared if DH looked at me wrong when I hadnt taken my pill and now we have been trying for 10 months and nothing has happend yet.
i agree with the ladies before TTC's don't say unprotected sex it sounds so cliche we call it (BD meaning Baby dancing) of course you'll have unprotected sex with hubby if you'r trying to conceive...as for the fertile thing....you should check your Dr to correctly let you know exactly when you're fertile..good luck hon...:)
Well, i know i'm very fertile cause it took me 2 months after going off the pill to get PG with my first, and then one try with my second...

hehe, i know that sounds very cliche...but me and hubby split up and in the heat of the moment had unprotected sex when we got back together...so really, we weren't TTC but if he really didn't want to have another child, he could have kept it in his pants ;) or used protection...

Thx e1 for the comments...very much appreciated :)
Hon, i hope you don't get me wrong. I really REALLY wish you get pg if that's what you want to do! =)
There are many girls here and everywhere that didn't have any trouble getting pg the first and/or second time, but are having the hardest time with the third or fourth.....please don't get me wrong, i hope it is as easy for you as the begining, but don't get your hopes up that you will conceive right away and then BAM! you get a bunch of BFN's!!!
I thought i could conceive out of nothing (happened with my first) and here i am....hoping this month will be the one....
Good luck to ya!
Good luck to ya!
Open forum story: I'm excited and anxious to find out what's next. Anyway, my doctor put me on birth control pills for 3 weeks last month after Provera, he said that the bc pills will help with my ovulation and thickening of my uterus etc...anyway, 4th day after the last pill I got my AF. He prescribed me Clomid 3-7 days 50mg. My lmp was Sept 4. Well yesterday, I used my Clearplan fertility monitor and I got the peak fertility, and I was told to call for ultrasound when I get that positive LH surge, I went yesterday to check on folicles, and the doctor didn't see anything big enough he said it'll take another 4-5 days for those eggs to mature, but 4 on my right ovaries are really growing fast he said. I had my left tube removed last February from a tubal pregnancy, so we are really praying to have the egg on my right tube. Anyway, today, I checked for my surge again and I'm PEAK again, now my doctor said that my monitor might be giving me false information. Well, I don't know but we did BD last night and I'll wait 2 days and do it again just to store all the sperms (excuse) eh?! I'm hoping that we get one to stick...or two or three! Anyway, the waiting for 2 weeks will be a long way to go...Keep up our faith! Good Luck to everyone! I hope one day I can come here and shout BFP! Won't that be something! I have an almost 6 years old daughter, we're hoping to have another one very soon!
I AM SORRY!! don't know what happened here!!!!
hit the botton 2344 times!! lol......sorry, it's thursday already!! i need a break!! =)
Good luck to ya!
hi i just wanted to say that i ovulated three days after my period i dont know if it was because i was taking clomid or not but i am currently 9 weeks preg
Did you have peak fertility? are you using any OPKs? did you do any ultrasound? I'm really curious coz that means you ovulated on CD10 which the same as me! but when we did the ultrasound, my follicles were too small, but I got the LH surge the next day and stayed high till 3rd day, after that I didnt get any more, when I called the ClearPlan customer service I was told that those 2 are my fertile peak and I ovulated on those days, but is it really possible to ovulate after 36 hours when my eggs were just about 12mm. I want to know your story if u dont mind. Thanks!!!

I just want to know if one can have mentrual without having ovulation?

I am not on pills or any form of contraception.

I hope to get pregnant.

Thanks if any of you could help

I hope to get pregnant.

Thanks if any of you could help

I just want to know if one can have mentrual without having ovulation? I am not on pills or any form of contraception. I hope to get pregnant.
Thanks if any of you could help

I just want to know if one can have mentrual without having ovulation? I am not on pills or any form of contraception. I hope to get pregnant.Thanks if any of you could help
Can one have mentrual without having ovulation? I am not on any form of contraception presently.