Can toddlers overdose on Vitamin D?
My son is almost three and my daughter is 16 months. They found a bottle of Vitamin D. I cann't be sure how many they actually ate. They were alone for about 1-2 minutes, if that long, so I don't think that coul have actually ate that many in that short of time. Should I be worried? Could they overdose? What should I be looking for?
There is such a thing as Vitamin D toxicity, but it is pretty rare, usually happening to someone who has been overdosing on Vitamin D for a long time.  Were they adult-formula tablets, or made for kids?  Given the couple of minutes they had to act on the impulse, plus the probable less-than-delicious taste of the tablets (I assume they're adult formula because I haven't ever seen any Vitamin D made for kids, i.e., tasting sweet), I don't think I would worry about it much.  Of course, if you think they somehow gulped a lot of them in that time (like, if they are a sweet formulation that tastes like candy), you could call the Poison Control people just to find out what symptoms to watch for.  But given how hard it is to get a child to take a pill when you want them to, I can't imagine they would have taken (not sweet) Vitamin D pills in any quantity.