Maternal & Child Community
Can you carry a baby even after your tubes are cut and burned?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Does anyone know if you could carry a baby after your tubes are tied and burned?  I would like to help out a friend who has been tryn to have a baby for 10 years.  Could I have the egg and sperm implanted, and be able to carry their child?  Something like a surrogate.  I have 3 children and have no problems being pregnant.  I would love to give them this gift, something they truly deserve!!  Does anyone know if this could be done?
Yes, you can be a gestational carrier (surrogate) even if your tubes are tied.  

Is their problem that she can't carry the baby, though?  Or is there an issue with her egg or his sperm?  If the  latter, there is not a lot you can do to help them even if you carry the baby.

You'd need to do this through an RE (reproductive endocrinologist, a 'fertility specialist') and you would need to have your cycles coordinated, and she would need to go onto hormones to produce a lot of eggs in one cycle and her husband would need his sperm tested, you'd need your uterine lining assessed, and a lot of other steps.  But you could be her surrogate.

(ps -- the egg and sperm aren't 'implanted.'  They are put together in a petri dish and allowed to create embryos.  An embryo or two or three are then transferred into your uterus through a catheter, via the cervix.  They then float around and either pick a spot and embed in the uterine lining, or they don't.  The reason I mention it is that the doctor cannot somehow just implant the embryo into the lining and it stays; there is the chance that you'll go through all  of this and not get pregnant if the embryos don't decide to stick.)