Maternal & Child Community
Can you have implantation bleeding after a missed period?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I am a 31 year old mom to three, My period was 7 days late and then when I wiped the paper was a little pink so I thought I was getting ready to start. Wore pads the past two days but nothing really on them, pink discharge a little when I wipe and now nothing. Can you have implantation bleeding after a missed period? I took two tests within this past week both negative. Do I need to wait awhile and take another?
You wouldn't have implantation bleeding after a missed period unless it was enough later that you had ovulated after the period as well.  But it is not uncommon to have some faint or light bleeding in early pregnancy.  Test two or three weeks after your last presumed ovulation.  If you don't know when that might have been, test two or three weeks after the last time you had unprotected sex.  Or you could go to the doc for a blood test.
Thanks I am normally so regular, and pretty in tune with all of it. We use withdrawal and have never had an accident in 16 years. Ofcourse there is a first time for everything. I will wait a couple of weeks or maybe even til next month and see what happens. In the mean time I will be sure to take my vitamins and lay off of the motrin.