Can you hear a heartbeat on a stethoscope?
I'm 12 wks and 4 days i think still haven't found out exactly..well since i haven't been able to get into my doctor yet to hear the heart beat my mom told me to use a stethoscope to try and hear the heart beat well i did that and i didnt hear anything and now its made me more nervous that i can't hear anything and it scares me...someone please help me ??
Oh, don't freak out. It is impossible to hear it with a stethescope that early! Heck, I was almost in my third trimester before it could be heard with a good stethescope and even then it took some time to find it.

Try not to stress out about it.

Andrea
She's right, you cannot hear the hb until late second, or third trimester w/a stethoscope.  If you are that interested in hearing it, why not rent or purchase a doppler?  It picks up fetal heartbeat at 10 weeks.  
sometimes it is even hard to hear it with a stethescope even in your 2-3rd trimester.  Sometimes you pick up the placenta, sometimes your own heart beat even then...
thank you that eased my mind so much ...
I could not and now at 38 weeks I still can't
You won't be able to hear the heartbeat with a stethoscope until the third trimester.  Good luck to you!!