Can you ovulate and never detect your LH Surge?
I should be ovulating any day now. On a 28 day cycle it would be Thursday but I think my cycle is more like 27 days. It's hard to tell cuz I have not been off birth control long and of course then it's ALWAYS 28 days.
But I haven't detected my surge yet. I'm wondering if you can still ovulate?
i tested for my LH surge for a few months, so i did a lot of reading up on it. apparently, it is common to miss your surge since it doesn't last long. follow the instructions on when to test, and be sure to test at the same time each day. it may help to look for other signs of ovulation. for me, the very thick cervical mucus was a very obvious indicator. many people say charting their body temp is a good indicator as well. also remember, some people don't have an LH surge each month.
Yes...if you have a really short surge and you are only testing every 24 hours, it IS possible to miss your surge.
Go to TwoWeekWait and look for a test the lady did, where if she hadn't been testing twice a day, she would have missed her surge---because it didn't even last 24 hours.
I did see that Jenny. I'm going to start testing morning and night.
Thank you!
I think it is a good idea to test morning and night. Personally, I am too scared to risk missing the surge. So I do it morning and night. It costs more, but I don't care. PLUS, when you catch it on the early side, you can get more spermies in there, more times than if you catch it in the middle or end!:)
For instance-- I got a negative OPK on December 20 at 2:00 in the afternoon. But it was positive that same night at 11:00p.m.!! So if I would have waited until the next day at 2:00, I would have missed the beginning of the surge and maybe missed the best chance to fertilize the egg.
I am hoping so badly that I am pregnant this time!
Best of luck to you!!