Can you ovulate twice in one month?
My DH and i are ttc. We just stopped the pill about a month ago. I am currently on day 20 of my cycle. Around day 14 I experienced the ewcm and i thought my cervix was high and soft. Well today the ewcm is back and my cervix felt high and now it feels slightly open. I was on the pill for 5 years, and before that my periods were irregular so i dont know what my cycle is. Basically my question is, can you ovulate twice in one month?
I am not sure about ovulating twice in one month, but it is possible for a woman to have twins and there be two different fathers, it is rather common.
There is a website that states that women theoretically can ovulate more than once in a month.  The author claims that if you have buy his services and follow his fertility method then you can get pregnant.  I don't think this is possible though, otherwise it would be possible for women to have twins with different fathers.
i was browsing the archives earlier cause i was bored...and i found (cant find it now though) this thread about ovulating twice....it has something to do with how the moon was the day you were born or something like that....sounds like a bunch of bologna to me....but you might try googling lunar and period or something like that...see if anything pops up??

sorrie if thats not much help...
are you trying to say a woman can have sex 2 different times in the same cycle and have concieved with different eggs different days from both of the men? i have never heard of that being possible. i suppose it could have happened in a fluke thing like once in a million years. where did you read this id love to see it!
If you type in a search it comes up, but I have also talked with a friend of mine who works in parental testing and it is possible.  Not to mention I am not sure if you watch the talk shows but it has happened several times of the paternity results up there as well.  Here are some websites....

http://betagenetics.com/paternity-blog/twins-with-different-fathers.html
http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a2_213.html
https://www.1800dnatest.com/faqtwinstudies.asp
http://www.healthofchildren.com/T/Twins.html

***Fraternal Twins are the most common type of twins. They are the result of the union of two eggs and two sperm. They may not look alike and can be different sexes. Fraternal twins can be conceived at separate times and can have different fathers.The tendency to conceive fraternal twins seems to be heredity. Some studies show higher incidence where there is a history of twins on the mothers' side of the family. About two-thirds of all twins are fraternal.

I was doing my BBT with fertility friend and it detected ovulation...I had EWCM and all.  Then a few days later (I think 4 or 5 days later) I all of a sudden had the most EWCM or just any type of CM that I have ever had before.  THe next day...all dry.  It was really strange, but my point is that Fertility Friend changed their minds and said they didn't think I ovulated ONLY because of the EWMC.  It was weird, so i'm confused now too.  I have had a period in almost 4 months because I went off the pill, and I'm right there with you in the wondering and trying to figure it all out.  I just assumed I never did ovulate because my temps are only up like .01-.02 at the lowest points (the most recent recordings....initially it was up a little more...hope this makes sense).  BUT, who knows.....
Thank you all for your help! I guess only time will tell....I wish i wasnt so impatient!!! ...lol...
My cousins husband has a cousin who has twins they are in there 20s now but they have different dads as a matter of fact the girl is biracial while the boy is not.
Hi Guys, It definitely is possible.  I have ovulated twice in my present cycle, once on day 6 and again on day 13 both confirmed by hormone tests.  Day 6 the moon was in exactly the same stage of its cycle as when I was born.  Apparently they call it spontaneous ovulation amoung the scientific community.  Wouldn't have believed it myself but I was aware of its possibility, a first for me though!
I have a bicornuate uterus (2-sided), and they tell people who have this, not to have sex for awhile after you find out you're pregnant because you can get pregnant on the other side of the uterus too! This has happened before with people, I've heard. The babies are usually a couple of weeks apart. I guess it is possible to ovulate twice in 1 month, depending on the person and situation I guess.. Nowadays anythings possible!
My boyfriend recently was fingering me with sperm on his fingers, it was the first day of my period, 3 weeks ago.  SInce then I am having signs of pregnancy with severe mood swings and woke up this past week with my left breast hurting so bad i was groaning in pain, and now my breasts are stinging and tingling and slightly painful.  Would it be possible for me to be pregnant?  If i am I just might fall to the floor in shock when I found out.  I am irregular, and am also wondering if posibly I ovulate twice in a month.  thanks in advance, Chris
Hi, yes I have heard that it is possible to get pg 2 times in the same cycle and there are also a few instances where people have gotten pregnant with 1 during the first month and the 2nd the 2nd month.  I know this sounds really odd, but has happened before the once infant is full size and the other usually has problems with not being mature enough yet.  I am unsure what causes this possibly that you get pregnant late enough in your cycle that your body doesn't know and somehow the egg doesn't go bad and you still have another cycle before your body figures this out..  It's hard to tell I just wish I could get pregnant with 1 not even worring about 2... haha