Maternal & Child Community
Can you ovulate while still bleeding?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Can you ovulate while still bleeding?

I had a long period this month and ovulated early last month.  Is it possible to ovulate while you are still bleeding?
I just read (though I can't for the life of me remember where....maybe here?) that yes you can ovulate while bleeding. I wish I could remember so I could look it up along with the details and pass it along to you!
My friend got pregnant having sex during her period. She knows that was when it was because that was the only time her and her boyfriend had sex that month !  So I believe you can ovulate during it.
my friend sara, both times she got pg, the only time they had done anything was either the last day of her period or the day after that...so knowing how this is "supposed" to work she had to have o'd either while still bleeding or theday after type thing/?
so sure why not be possible
~nanci
I am proof that you can.  I had an extra long period.  From March6 to April 10..  And I ovulated.
Thank you for the responses!