Can't keep anything down...
Ok so this isn't my first pregnancy (4th) and I've always had problems with hyperemesis during pregnancy. I am hopeful that some of you may have some good "tricks" to get rid of this. I'm 13 weeks pregnant and with my last two pregnancies I had to have a PICC line (IV) throughout the pregnancy. As of now I'm down 8lbs. I would like to try a few other things before I make that call to the doc and they tell me I'm heading for IV's again. I have been prescribed: Phenagren, Zofran, and Suppositories. However, my youngest is only 16mths old so I can't be sleeping all the time...Plus I am taking 22 credits this semester. I'm also a certified Medical Assistant so anything that my book has suggested I've tried. Please any suggestions would be great!!! Thanks so much in advance!
Hi.  Sorry to hear you're feeling so lousy.

I have never had hypermeisis (sp), but have had pretty rough m/s.  With my first it was so bad -- I would throw up 3-4-5 sessions, and when I say sessions, I mean each session would be throwing up 3 or 4 times.  Yuck!

I lost 10 pounds my first trimester, but managed to gain 35+ pounds by pregnancy end...and the m/s stopped after the first trimester.

With my second, I had the m/s but I hated throwing up so much that I would just stop what I was doing, sit down and take long, slow, deep breaths.  It didn't get rid of the m/s, but it did keep me from throwing up everything.

Now with my third, the m/s was pretty rough and again I did the deep breathing.  I still lost 5 pounds, but it worked for me.  Thankfully the m/s stopped again after the first trimester (although I pretty nasty heartburn/indigestion!).

I realize this doesn't seem like a "medical" way to help, but since you've tried so many other things, just thought I'd throw it out there.  I know I would have tried anything to feel better!

Also, I ate whatever sounded good -- even if it went against the advice of not spicy, etc. (obviously nothing harmful), but if chips and salsa sounded good, I would eat that over saltines.

I hope you feel better soon -- let me know how you're doing.
Actually your advice sounds great! Maybe if I slow down a bit and take a few breaks it'll help!
I had it severely with my 1st pregnancy.   The only thing I could keep down was warm coke and blt sandwiches.  It was crazy - I hate tomatoes but if I didn't have it on the sandwich I couldn't keep it down.
I have had all day sickness with this pregnancy, I lost 11 pounds in 2 weeks. I was also given Zofran, it helped sometimes but not always. I didn't cook, if I had to smell it/see it cooking it made me sick, also whatever sounds good, eat it. Try not to move to fast after you eat, if I try to do something as soon as I'm done eating I vomit. My doc did have me drink 1-2 Boosts a day. And I was able to sip on them and keep them down, so the baby was getting nutrients. I also lived on Popsicles (not the fruit bars, just plain posicles)  and grape  koolaid. Good luck, I hope it doesn't last your entire pregnancy.