Carrying baby low
I am carrying my baby very low.  He(I think they haven't been able to tell on ultrasound yet) was breech until my last visit at 26 weeks and now he is in "position".  I was wondering if anyone else had experience with low babies.  I haven't felt any movement above my belly button mostly in the lowest part of my pelvic and I am always hurting in my groin area.  When I sit straight I worry that I am smashing the baby(I know its wierd.  I think my biggest worry is that I am going to delivery early.  My Dr has me coming in every 2 weeks now and gave my info on preterm labor.  Your input with your experience would be greatly appreticated.
i carried my son so low i thought he'd come out if i sneezed....LOL. i never felt much movement near my ribs either. i don't know what advice to give you, but i can sympathize with the uncomfort. on a good note....my son came out in 3 pushes....5 min, and i had no pain or drugs in labor. maybe those really low babies are a good thing.

good luck and cograts....kimmie
That is such a good thought.  My last baby even with an epidural I still had a lot of pain.   It didn't work right and they didn't repeat it as my bp dropped to 40/20 then it took 2 hours to push.  I was planning on not having an epidural this time so this makes me   feel better.  Thank you
Oh wow, you girls are more brave than me!!

I had an epidural and it was heaven.  With my next baby I'm going to get through those hospital doors and say "I want the Candy Man in my room now!"  Those guys are my heros......  :-)
I totally agree!  The epidural was marvalous!
LOL....i am planning a home birth this time around. i have big babies that carry low so they crawl out on their own....LOL. that tends to make life a bit easier. i am very fortunate. good luck new moms to be....come sneeze on me so i can catch it.....LOL.

love kimmie
i'm carrying this baby really low and have the pelvic pain you talk about. the pain is horrible when I'm up and around... the good thing is,,, I'm 38 weeks and my cervix isn't dialated or effaced at all, so low baby does not necessarily mean preterm labor.

best of luck to  you and let us know how it goes.
My water broke with out me being dilated or effaced at all.  I was given pitocin and after 9 hours was finally dilated 3 cm and was given the epidural.  So, it could happen without being effaced or dilated.  Good luck.
thank you for your responses.  If I have nothing to worry about I'll create something.  With all my other babies I carried them high.  I say my son hooked his toes onto my ribs to stay and with my first DD she stayed by my ribs until after 13 hours of labor.  I just thought it odd that my Dr has me coming back every 2 weeks so early but I have a really good Dr. and the freguent visits did save  my last DD.  I was doing ultrasounds and NST everyweek.
brat!! :o) don't scare me like that. I have a c-section scheduled in 5 days and I really really really don't want to go into labor earlier than that. LOL :o)
Sorry, didnt mean to scare you.  You will be fine.  Good luck.
I carried my son low  and delivered to term.  This baby is very very low  sometimes she kicks me in the pubic area!!!   but she does move as high asa belly button at times.  At 23 weeks she was breech too.  I certainly didn;t then and don't now look like  anormal pregnant woman - just becuase she is so low!
I carried both of my boys very low .... I never got that big big belly like most woman get :( My 2nt was so slow I could feel him kick my blatter and feel the liquid in my blatter splash around.
I am feeling your pain.  I am pregnant with number 2.  I carried my first son low and he was in position from 6 months on.  I started to dialate at 32 weeks but I did make it to 38 weeks and he came out in an hour at 7lbs 13ozs.  HOWEVER.  this one is different.  Because, it is my second, the baby is super low.  All of my groin muscles hurt and he kicks in my crouch all the time.  I don't remember that with my first.  I am 30 weeks and I am on semi bedrest because of how low he is and dialiating early with my first.  It is funny that one of you put on here you feel like you could sneeze and the baby come out.  That is what my doctor actually said to me.  I am going to sneeze and have this one.  LOL  Good luck to you and to me.  LOL
I carried my babies real low too.  My son (Who was born in Oct) was really really low.  It hurt in my pelvic bone since 14 weeks.  It was so so painful.

Towards the end, I thought he'd fall out.

Never really felt much movement from him the entire pregnancy.

At 30 weeks he went into position dropped...really low.  But I didn't go into labor until 36 weeks and then hard labor started at 38 weeks....yes I was in 'early labor' contractions 5 minutes apart for almost 2 weeks...but nothing was happening.

Finally when hard labor started it went quick and 4 pushes...boom, I had a little boy.
im 16 weeks pregnant and im carring very low the baby is so low its in my panty area. it kicks all the time and i feel like im having one big cramp all the way around my back. im worried. this is my first baby i dont know how to feel bout this     help please!!!!!!
i  am 22 weeks an today my dr told me the reason i am having so much pain is becauce I too am carrying (my first boy) x-tra low. I have two girls and carried both of them really high. It is so much different already, I dont fell him kick as much and I have back pain an small contractions all the time. With my girls, I didnt experience these symptoms untill 30-40 weeks, so I totally understand u. Guess we gotta just hang in there an hit the ER if anthing changes. Good luck !!
I just had my first ultra sound and I'm 10wks, but they said I might loose my baby cause my gestation sac, the baby is sitting very low in the uterus. Everything else checks in, good heart beat and I could see the baby moving. They put me on bed rest for 2days but pretty much most of what they said was leading towards a possible m/c. Do you think my baby has a chance?
I can sympathize with the pain your in. I carried my son low too, and it even hurt to walk. The good news is that I carried to term, had him just three days before his due date, though I was dilating without pain or contractions for a few days before that.=)
I have 4 girls and they were all mid/high. I am currently preg with my 5h ( idk what it is yet) and its low. I am having bad cramps in my lower abdomen and around my sides and back. I had all 4 of my girls without drugs (not my choice have them to fast). My longest  from the begining of labor till the baby was here was 30 minuets. With 2 my placenta  grew on the wall of my uterius and they had to reach in and pull it out. I do not wish that on any one. It hurt worst than having a baby.

Good luck and/or Congrats to you all!!!!
I am pregnant with my first as well.  A little boy.  From about 14 weeks to present (27 weeks) I have carried him extremely low.  Everytime they check his heart rate, he is very close to my groin.  I started having the same discomfort in my groin and tail bone and it continues to get more uncomfortable the further I get.  But I am assured he is perfectly healthy.  I feel him move a lot, but there are days when his movements feel more like they are in my rear end and back than the front.  He's only migrated above my belly button a couple of times and continues to go back to my pelvic cradle.  

I have asked my mom over and over..."am I going to squish him sitting down?"  She just giggles at me and assures me there is plenty of room and if by chance he were cramped...he would find another area or make room himself. :)  Good luck in your pregnancy and I will continue to keep an eye out for your posts!
I have just been told by my doc that I am carrying low as well. I am about 20 weeks. I feels o much relief now that i found other people in my shoes. I really dont look preg judging by my apperance; its just that my breasts have gone haywire (lol) so big I couldnt even imagine it.....rest of preg women out there with this kind of pred, good luck
wow!!THIS IS GREAT A SITE W/OTHER PREGO'S HAVING THE SAME QUESTIONS AS ME..I'M 26 WEEKS W/A LIL GIRL CARRYING LOW,JUST YESTERDAY I ASKED MY OB WHY NO MOVMENT ABOVE THE BELLY BUTTON.HER RESPONSE WAS EVASIVE N SILLY.SHE SAID "NO BIGGIE CAN'T BE ANYTHING BAD AS LONG AS U HAVE MOVMENT".BUT COULD SOMEONE TELL ME THEIR OPINION?PLEASE
If the baby is low and is laying weird you won't. It also matters how small they are. I'm 28 weeks and carrying my daughter extremely low and I've never felt movement above the belly button either. Like your doctor said. As long as there is movement, there's no need for worry. I don't think what they said is evasive or silly in the least.
This is my first child. I'm 27 weeks and carrying my baby girl low. I usually feel her below my belly button but I occasionally get a kick in the side or above my belly button too especially if I'm laying on my back. The pain in my groin can be unbearable at times and when I pee it feels like my uterus is going to fall out! I have my doctor's appt. tomorrow and I'm going to ask him what that heavy sensation is all about???????
I also have this same problem. I am 22 weeks and I can feel him in my pelvic area. I have seen him once come up above my belly button and then he went back down again. I can feel him moving ALL the time. Kinda wish he will move up. But I have a DR app on 09/03 so I will ind out more then. Feeling a bit better now that I have heard other people in my same situation.
I'm 25 weeks pregnant and carrying low as well. I've been having sciatic pain in both sides but especially in the left every day since I was about one and a half months pregnant. Does the sciatica have to do with carrying low or could it be that the placenta is pushing against the nerve? Does anyone have any experience with sciatic pain all the way to the end of the pregnancy? I'm guessing the pain will only increase as the baby continues the grow.
I'm so glad I found a site with other women who seem to have gone through the same thing. I'm 27 weeks pregnant and my doctor has told me I'm carrying too low. If the baby doesn't move he says I will have to get a C-section, but whenever I try to bring it up to get more information, he tells me not to worry; 90% of the time the baby will move. I’ve never heard of this before, and I can't find any really useful information on the web. Has anyone else gone through this? Do you know what kind of condition this is? Do you have to get a C-section? It feels like she’s sitting right on my pelvic bone and it's very painful to move all the time, is there anything I can do to ease the pain/discomfort?
Your doctor is an idiot.  Just because you're carrying low doesn't mean you need a c-section, it just means that the baby is low.  Doctors usually schedule c-sections when they are not medically neccessary because it's convienient for them (think 12 hours of labor or 20 min c-section)  Granted you do need to watch the heavy lifting to prevent the baby from dropping any lower.  The pain in your pelvic bone is probably due to SPD (Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction).  During pregnancy your body releases a horomone called relastin (or something close to that name) which relaxes the ligament in the pubic area throwing everything out of whack causing pain.  Sadly there is not much you can do for the pain.  Pelvic floor excersices and a belly support band may help a little, but it's not going to make it go away.  More bad news, the pain gets worse as the baby grows putting more pressure on the pubic area.  I have two girls and am due in April with baby number 3 (boy) and he is carrying really low.  Good luck and I hope this helps.

P.S. If you can handle pain, I would highly suggest against an epidural.  It can cause more problems than help.  That and there are no clues as to what long term affects it will have on your baby.
I was just told today that I'm carrying low and my belly just appeared out of know and im 16 weeks pregnant. I keep feeling like I'm being poked near my pubic area but everyone is saying its too early to feel them kick, is this true or is it something else.
On my 12 weeks prenancy i bleed .. the doctor said im carrying the bby low and it  touches my cervic that couses the bleeding.. I'm now 17 weeks but i'm still having on and off spotting but the doctor didnt gve me any medication...  I can't help to worry for possible m/c... pls... need some opinion....
Sorry that you all are having such a rough time but my advice is a BELLY SUPPORT BELT... works great... nothing too fancy just one that goes below the belly.. if your having a lot of back pain they have ones that are more advanced and have a strap that goes above the belly as well.. it simply just holds your uterus up so its not leaning so much on your pelvis..
I too am carrying extremely low, it almost feels like the baby is going to drop out when I stand up! I.m now 31 weeks and the baba ia getting so heavy and tight, it feels like there is no where for him/her to move.
I called the miswife this morning to see if there was anything I could do to try and make the baba move but she just kindly laughed and said no, unfortunately it is how your body is made up and the baby is most happy there! I am also getting breathless where the baba is pressing on my diaphram. Seeing the midwife on Wed so hopefully she might have some tips on how to get more comfortable. Also finding it difficult to walk as getting a lot of Braxton Hicks in the daytime now too. Only good thing the miswife did say is that I probably wont have any problems getting the baby engaged nearer the time cos he/she is already there! Good luck to all you mums, lets just wish for happy healthy babies for us all x x x
I bled initially everyday then on and off from week 7 to week 20.  I had a scan and was told not to worry.  
I am now week 33 and am carrying very very low.  Everyone is commenting that I look like I'm going to "pop".  If your groin or pelvic area is sore/hurts/ache, I suggest a request to see a physiotherapist - it makes a lot of difference.

All the best to the mums!
I am 15 weeks pregnant, and initially I complained to my doctor about tailbone pain, which I have had since at least 9 weeks. She checked me and said the baby was extremely low, and that I was at risk for preterm labour.. she put me on "low activity" ... and basically scared me s***less.
don't believe what one doctor says! I was told at 6 weeks I was miscarraing and it was inevitable my cervix was open and my HCG levels were to low to sustain life. This was september 13 2011 St. Mary's ER told me to go home and pass the baby or I could have a D&C to speed up the miscarriage. I bled for 2-3 weeks after until early october! Dec. 15th I had an appointment at planned parenthood to check for retained tissue after the miscarriage since I hadn't had a period!! They did an ultrasound and told me I am anywhere from 20-23 weeks, and I never miscarried!!! There is movement and a heart beat! I am going for another ultrasound to make sure everyhting is okay I just can't believe they could be so wrong and not ask me to do any retesting. So don't always believe what they tell you, get a second and third opion and don't give up on your baby. If mine can make it through all that I am sure you and your little bundle of joy will be just fine.
I am also carrying my baby girl low. My baby boy(now three), was low also so makes me wonder if the doctors have the sex wrong. I feel movement in my lower abdomen and nothing up high. I asked my doctor why I am not feeling any movement up high and she said because my placenta is in the front making a sort of barrier. Hope this helps. Good luck, and congradulations!