Cats
Okay, I think I am offically paranoid.  Is there anything you can catch from cats other than Toxoplasmosis that can harm the development of your baby.  I have three cats all strictly indoors, never goes outside and only eats cat food.  They will not eat anything else and my husband or kids change the litter box.  (I am 15w 3d today) The reason I ask is because one of my cats is acting different.  She is constantly hidding and is not like her.  The other cat doesn't have fur on part of her stomach but I think that is due to her constantly licking it and the other is just fine.  Can they since something is changing or is there something wrong with them.  Also can I get anything from them that would hurt the baby other than toxoplasmosis.  Sorry but I have been so paranoid with this pregnancy and I don't know why.  Thank you for any answers in advance.  Sticky baby dust to all.
cats and dogs can smell (or otherwise sense) the pg hormones, and act differently.  I never heard of anything else a human can catch from cats, so I wouldnt worry about it if i were you.  I also have a cat, and my dr. said it is fine.  Sticky baby dust your way!!
I have three cats as well but mine are indoor/outdoor cats which makes me extra nervous!!  It is impossible to keep mine indoors after they've been going outside for years.  I think you will be just fine,  just make sure all you cats have been to the vet in the past year to get all their shots!  good luck to you...
If your cats are indoor all the time, I don't think you have anything to worry about. I think if we start reading everything it can scare us. If you've had your cats for a while its very unlikely that they have any type of worm, for one thing, you would most likely know if they had worms. Usually they come out in the poo or from the cats vomiting so its pretty hard to not notice if your cat has worms. I don't think its likely to track worm eggs into your home either, those things don't just lay eggs on your sidewalk. Even the toxoplasmosis is really rare, and if your cats are indoor, its even more rare. I'd say don't worry about it. Cats can definitely tell that you are changing due to pregnancy, some cats start getting real clingy and others may stay away from you more, each is different. My cat has gone in spurts of clinginess to ignoring me, cats are just naturally finicky too. I'm sure your fine.
take them to the vet to get them checked out your cat losing hair unless it's very old is not natural.  they definantly need to be checked out for thier own health.  they might be in some pain.  or really be sick.
I have 8 cats, 3 dogs and 3,000 sq f  home and they run free in or house + they slep in my bed anytime they want since the door is open ( they come as go all night long..pain ithe but..but i love them...lol).

I just had a baby and they act curious, we introduce them 2 by 2 and they do fine, of course everytime we turn around there is 1 cat in the crib or the bassinet or the pack and play...lol
so , we just bring them down and say no..no... and thats all. we dont want them to jump in the bed and the baby is sleeped and hurt him with the nails. ..thats all!

remember you can NOT leave alone a baby with any kind of pet or even a child  those 2 are very dangerous..so as you see its not only pets,..kids can be more dangerous around your baby or any baby that your pets.

My cats are indoor and i have the roll over cat litter so it was easy to clean while pregnant.
I have a super healthy newborn, 10pounds, 23L excellent health...Since i always had cats I am TOXO positive, means i have the  infection..(its not a disease) its just like a cold ad fever..thats all..test yourself at the doctor and if you a (+) you are in great shape meaning you got it in your system and wont affect the baby.

Remember TOXO is in the garden, raw meats and vegetable so DONT BLAME your cat only..be careful you can get this infection anywhere..once again its not a disease , it can be cure with antibiotics....Do not get scare...its like like fever and cold..thats all.

Use gloves and mascara to cover your nose while changing the cat litter ( dust and stuff) thats all.

we dont need to get rid of or pets or place them aside, let the baby be around WHILE you are around as well

Cats and dogs are part of God's Creation
Hi well actualy as long as you wash your hands after cleaning your cars litter bocks and wash your hands before you eat after playing withyour cats you should have nothing to worry about
Okay so my friends male cat has developed huge lymph nodes all over his body (lemon sized) and is very uncomfortable, we took him to the vet and he gave us antibiotic liquid to put in his food and didn't help, then we got him penicillin shots and have them intramuscularly every day and they didn't help, does anyone know of any herbal medicine that might be able to treat/reduce the size of his lymph obviously the vet is just guessin. And we can't afford to take him again. It's very hard on their entire family any help would be awesome also this occurred after he was playing/eating a rat (i don't know if this is a factor)