Maternal & Child Community
Cervical position
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Cervical position

This month i decided to check my cervix. I'm new to this but today is day 28 of my cycle and my cervix is high and a little soft. Compared to 2 days ago it was hard and low. When you are about to get your period is your cervix normally high?
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
how u checked cervix position plz let me know i m trying to get conceive
Blank
287246_tn?1318573663
I started trying to check my cervix a couple of months ago, but then stopped because it is very common for your cervix to change positions a lot during any given day.

I had read to just check it at the same time each day but at night, it always felt open and then during the day, it always felt closed.  It's just not a very reliable thing for fertility or early pregnancy.

ahmareen,
As far as how to check it....It is best probably to Google this.  That will be able to better tell you correctly how to do it.  You basically either sit or stand with one leg up on something and then insert your fingers inside you and go straight up.  I didn't know if I would know what I was feeling when I first started.  I didn't even know what to look for really, but after doing it a few times, I realized what it was; especially when it was low.

Your cervix will feel rubbery kind of.  It kind of feels like the tip of your nose.  Oh, and ALWAYS make sure you have clean hands to avoid the risk of infection.

But as I said, I don't recommend this as it is not very accurate or reliable.
Blank
287246_tn?1318573663
Wow, just saw how old this post is......Oops....
Blank
me too just checked how old the post
anyway thanks but still i cant recognise the exact position
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity