Chances of being pregnant?
First off I do not need to be lectured. I just got on the birth control patch on Wednesday and I was wondering what are the chances of me being pregnant if me and my boyfriend had sex and did not use a condom? Also how effective is the pull out method? Because I took a preganncy test last week and it said negative (before I got on bc) and Im thinking I tested to early. So are my chances high of being pregnant, if not already?
Hi!
Usually the birth control patch is put on the first day of the period. The patch is to be changed on the same day of the week as it was applied on. It is to be placed after pulling off the old one, and at a new place, but on an area recommended on its leaflet. For the first 7 days an additional form of contraception is to be used as well to prevent pregnancy. So if you used the pull-out method, it is equally good. You can test for pregnancy, only if after 3 cycles of patch, you do not start your periods in the week following. If you have not started your patch on the first day of your periods, then there may be a variation in your cycles. You need to consult a gynecologist then. Take care!