Maternal & Child Community
Chances of getting pregnant after giving birth?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I just gave birth premature to my son 3 weeks ago. What are the chances of getting pregnant again so soon? I have been having sex. I'm not sure,  nobody bothered to explane to me the chances of me getting pregnant again.
my great-aunt is 9 months younger than my grandma. if you do the math you can figure out the date of conception :)

didn't the doctors tell you to not have sex for 6 weeks due to risk of infection and to allow yourself to heal? i know some people don't wait so long, but you make it sound like you've been back in action for a while. considering some people get their period back within 4 weeks, i'd say it's very possible to get pregnant again.

by the way, did you ever bother to ASK about the chances of getting pregnant again?
It's very possible to be pregnant very soon after having a baby, no matter full term or prematurely.  I remember having instructions on my discharge papers to be on pelvic rest (meaning NO SEX) for 6 weeks.  Good luck and take care of yourself.
"Nobody bothered to explain to you the chances of getting pregnant"? Doesn't common sense tell you that if you are having unprotected sex that pegnancy is very likely to happen?
Wow, I had no energy after birth, I felt like **** and my poor belly looked awful.  You need to talk to your Dr. about getting on birth control asap.  My sis got pregnant claiming she thought you couldn't if you were breastfeeding.  She only breastfed a couple times a day, but was shocked.  I guess I have no idea how you can have the time and energy, except maybe it's different if baby is not home or you have a good one that sleeps.  I'm jealous, but I would think it's too soon, especially if you had a vaginal birth.  Congrats on baby and be careful.
   I didn't even get to bring my son home. He past away. He was to premature. I was only 23 weeks. He lived for to hours and pasted. I am going through this stage right now where I feel I despretly need to get pregnant again. I wasn't sure on chance of getting pregnant after birth. I have been reading up on it and I really scared that I might be. I havn't taking a test yet. I went to the doctor today and they said I have a weak cervix and I will need to get my cervix sewn. I want to have another baby but I am really scared that something will happen again. I need to heal from all the heartbreake I just went through. Thank you for you advise
     -Sasha
i went through what you did.  6 years ago i lost my daughter.  i just went through another pregnancy and lost her to but from something different but my stiches in my cervix worked well.  And i too am trying to get pregnant again and think i might be.  my last one was born on dec. 11 stillborn and i started trying on new years eve. i hope it is not too early but i am not sure if i am really pregnant yet.  in a way i hope i am but if not then hopefully soon.  but i know you are most feritile after giving birth.
I don't know statistics or anything.. but anytime you have unprotected sex there is a chance you'll get pregnant..I am 10 months older than my sister.. my Mother went in for her 6week check up and was 4 weeks pregnant... it was very hard on her just because her body hadnt' gotten over giving birth or being pregnant yet...
I am so sorry for your loss.  Ten years ago I had my son at 26 weeks, thakfully he survived and is very healthy.  After he was born, I had four second trimester miscarriages.  Then I got pregnant again in 2003, I carried to 18 weeks and started to dilate.  They put in an emergency cerclage (where they sew your cervix closed) and I carried my daugter to 34 weeks.  I just recently gave birth (on Jan 9th) to my third child.  They put in a preventative cerclage at 13 weeks and I carried her to term.  They really do work, I wouldn't have my children without a cerclage.  Make sure you do research before you get pregnant again so you can make sure you have a doctor that specializes in high risk pregnancies.  You will probably have to be on a modified bed rest (where you can only stand for certain periods of time and lift very little).  Good luck
im so sorry for your loss, i cant imagine your grief.  all i can suggest is discussing this with your dr so you can get the best possible chances for a healthy pregnancy.
loss
Sent by tryingtoimprove

Send Message
View Profile
tryingtoimprove
28 years old
chicago - IL  

less than a minute ago
Hi I know how you feel i just had my baby at 23 weeks  on 1/30/08 and she did not survive.
Words can not express those feelings i had to even have my baby cremated this was so hard.
Now its four weeks later and the only thing that runs through my mind is trying to get pregnant again. My placenta had alot of blood clogs and they dont know where it comes from imagine that. I asked if this will happen again the doctors told me that i will get a knew placenta so i just will have faith in God that i will have a healthy baby.Its hard not to move on trust me i had a room set up for my baby and i cant sleep. I'm on sleeping pills I'm trying now to move on and try again. My advice to you is keep your head up and stay positive try to move on so that you can prepare for the next baby.send me a message we can talk more i understand trust me i do
Now i want a baby more than ever and i have waited only four weeks to have sex.
So now i wait until i get pregnant because in my heart this is what i want so bad.
I had a friend who's baby died at 18 weeks gestation, she had to give birth to her... they were going to wait 6 months before trying again, but she ended up getting pregnant within 2 months of the loss...  she is due in May and is having no complications-  but she did not have pre-term labor-  her baby died and they induced her...  you do need to make sure to see a high risk doc if you do get pregnant again, esp if it is soon...  I am so sorry for your loss.
I ALSO JUST RECENTLY LOST ME SON, FEB. 28TH. I WAS 24 WEEKS AND WENT INTO PREMATURE LABOR. THEY TRIED TO STOP THE CONTRACTIONS, AND IT DID WORK BUT THEN ONLY A FEW HOURS LATER THEY STARTING COMING BACK SO FAST THEY COULD NOT BE STOPPED. HE LIVED FOR ABOUT AN HOUR. I AM HAVING A REALLY HARD TIME COPING WITH ALL OF THIS STILL AND WONDERING WHY US??? ALSO MY HUSBAND AND I WANT TO START TRYING AGAIN RIGHT AWAY AND THE DR. DID MENTION HAVING MY CERVIX SEWN NEXT TIME. PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW YOUR DOING WITH EVERYTHING!!! FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME @ ***@****!!
You can get prego 14 days after birth
I too have lost a daughter at full-term (40wks) and got pregnant 2 months after my daughter passed away.  It was a scary to finding out that I was pregnant.  I was not emotionally nor physically prepared and was greiving the lost of my daughter still.  I have a beautiful son now but I am struggling with the lost of my daughter still.  I too had high risk pregnancies.  You should check with your OB and discuss any concerns and issues you have.  Take one day at a time.  Whatever happens will happen.  My heart goes out to all you women who have lost your little ones.  I truly know how it feels...so take real good care of yourself.
I just lost my baby girl 2 weeks ago. She was born on her due date, July 17th. She had died a couple days before but we didnt know till I went in for my doc appt. Anyways I guess I shouldnt go into all of it. But she was so beautiful, a perfect little baby. I was induced and had her naturally.
I want to get pregnant now but I dont know what the risks are of getting pregnant so soon after a vaginal birth??
I know there is the emotional part that I need to deal with and it will be scary every day of the pregnancy wondering if something will go wrong, But I just want to have my fourth child now. I have two others, a 4 year old and an almost 3 year old. I want them to be close in age and both my husband and I are sure we want another. Sorry to write so much, I just want to know what the problem would be it we got pregnant say, next week or so? Thank you
I am so sorry to hear of your loss especially when she was full term.  I have also just lost my baby at 21weeks I went into premature labour due to an infection he was born on the 6th July I named him Finlay and we had him cremated on the 14th July the day before my husbands birthday it was the hardest thing I have ever had to do.  I feel so empty inside and was wandering how long before we could try again as thats the only thing that would help me through this real bad time I will never forget and stop loving him but I am also so scared he was our 1st child I have also had 2 miscarriages.
I to lost my baby at 21 weeks on July 24th my Eli was so perfect. My Dr. did a emergency cerclage the day before, and my membranes rupture that night. After they undid the cerclage I had a vaginal delivery, and was able to hold him all afternoon.
My Dr. told me after 4 weeks we can start having sex, but we could try sooner if I felt up to it. He mentioned that we would have to be careful, and not over due it. But everyone is different, I had a very easy delivery. The Dr. only had 1 glove on before the baby came out. If you want to start sooner I would call your dr. office and find out if he thinks you will be okay to start before your 4 week check up. (or whenever your dr. clears you)

On a side not having sex has helped both my husband and I with the loss we feel. And I am so sorry that you had to creamate your baby, my heart goes out for you.
I just lost my baby on 8/9/08... I was almost 33 weeks.  He was stillborn (cord wrapped around the neck). This has been the hardest thing I have ever had to do in my life.  He was the most beautiful and precious thing.  I feel an emptiness inside now that I know the love a mother feels for a child.  I'm trying really hard to wait to have sex.  My DR. said to wait until the bleeding stops and when I'm comfortable.  We want to start trying as soon as possible and I think connecting with each other physically will help us through this hard time.
On August 25, 2008 I lost my son at 20 wks & 1dy.  I named him Nigel Daveny.  I ruptured a week in advance in the am and immediately rushed to the hospital.  I was devestated when the ER doctor told me I was at risk for infection and had a choice of inducing my labor resulting in my baby not making it, or I could receive care at the hospital as a bedridding patient.  I went on for a week and everything seemed promising until the contractions came and they notified me that I had dialated 4cms.  I was crushed because I knew unless the good Lord had a hand in this birth my son would not make it.  I gave birth to him in the am and 40 mins later he had departed.  I won't continue to question the works of the unknown because maybe it just wasnt my time.  My husband and I haven't been together since I moved out 5 months and he has not been supportive in any way.  We actually havent talked since 2 days after our son's death.  I conclude this to say that maybe God had another plan for me and my mind is just to cloudy to see it right now.  I had a miscarriage 3 years ago by my husband and he showed no suppport then either.  I believe history repeats itself and there's something better for me...like a great husband that will support in my trials and tribulations...A Grieving Mother

P.S. Sorry for your loss and good luck trying again!
I recently lost my daughter Amina at 21 weeks and 6 days. I am devastated. I am very angry inside and confused. She would have been my first child. I know God has a plan fro everyone but I am still in the WHY ME state of mind. My spouse is very supportive. I want to try and get pregnant again soon. But I really need to heal physically and emotionally from the passing of my little girl.  Bless all of you that Have been through this hardship. May there be many blessings come your way.
It is Very possible to get pregnant after you give birth because I am a living witness. I just gave birth to a baby boy in april of 2008 and he is now going on six months and I'm pregnant again im 5 months with another boy so it is possible, that's why they tell us to wait six weeks before any sexual activities.
I too just gave birth to a beautiful baby boy on Sep.12,2008 at 36 weeks gestation. He was stillborn. My heart is broken and anyone who has gone through the same can relate to the empty feeling that you are left with. My husband and I want to have another child and our 9 year old wants to be a big brother. How soon is too soon to try again?
I pondered across this site when searching google on pregnancy after birth.  I too just lost a baby girl, Maryah, at 24 weeks- I was on bedrest in the hospital and they didn't get to her soon enough.  The hardest thing is accepting she was not resucitated or given a chance eventhough I was right at the hospital- one of the best in my state UNC. Now my boyfriend wants to leave, saying he can't risk it happening again and that I worried too much- so I feel he blames me.  I find it somewhat encouraging that others are going thru the same thing, but it makes it nowhere near fair that I wouldn't wish such emptiness on my worst enemy.  
For all of you who are grieving, I send up a prayer that comfort and peace will overcome each of you.  I am very aware of how you feel.  I called my nurse just to let her know I was spotting.  By the grace of God, she told me to come in so that we could make sure it was nothing.  Well, apparently I had gone into preterm labor and was already 5 cm dialated; and I didn't even know it.  Well they did what they could to slow the process, but only hindered delivery for two days.  I gave birth to my perfect little boy at 12:08 am on Oct. 17, 2008, after having an emergency c-section. He was 26 weeks and 2 days.  He was so perfect, I got to hear him cry one time, when they delivered him.  I was able to have 2 weeks with him before he went back to heaven on Nov. 01.  I was devestated.  It was prayer and the support of my husband that brought me through; but I couldnt understand why, he just looked so perfect.  He looked just like his father, of whom he was named after.  My husband and I didnt wait to talk about what happened, and I think that helped out a lot.  So by the time we had a small grave side funeral, we were grieving but yet at peace with what had happened.  I still wondered why and thought about how I didnt get a chance to hold him or see him smile, but I must say that God has allowed me to be at peace with the passing of my first born.  Of course that's not to say that I don't think about and miss my baby everyday, because I do-so, so much!

I am happy that at present I am 8 wks and 5 days.  I am praying that this is a smoother pregnancy and I will get the cerclage at about 14-16wks.  

I do have a question though, do you start showing sooner if a pregnancy is within a couple of months of a birth?
If you are already 8 weeks 5 days did you get pregnant about 4 weeks after giving birth to your baby boy?  I too just gave birth to my first baby at 36 weeks on January 12. He was stillborn.  I had a perfect pregnancy..no complications.  I went into labor and when we got to the doctor he did an ultrasound and didn't find a heartbeat.  We are anxious to get pregnant again as soon as possible.  The doctor told us to wait 1 menstrual cycle and then try again but I want to try sooner.  How did that work for you?
on early, snowy, saturday morning on December 27, 2008. 3 weeks early before my due date. i had an emergancy c-section and gave birth to my beautiful son Benjamin Ivan who weighed 5lbs.4oz.at 3:25 a.m.... i only heard his cry once, i never got to hold him while he was alive cause he has a disese (disease) where he had brittle bones which if i carried him or change his diaper, his bones would break, his brain was hemeraging, and was not breathing on his own. he lived only a day and went back to heaven with the Lord at 7:02 p.m. it's only been a month and i miss him soooo much. sometimes when in relaxing with my husband and son i imagine me holding him and realize it's not real and it hurts so bad.. what hurts me the most is that my son who is 6 was excited he was going to be a big brother. it took us 5 years to get pregnant and this had to happen. its sad that a young boy like my son had to experiance this sad time. everyday since it happend my son tells my that he misses is little brother and he wishes Ben was with him.. my husband and i talked about having another baby. i hope and pray it will happen soon and pray really hard this never happens again. R.I.P. BABY BEN.. we love u and miss you..
I had a perfect pregnancy and delivered a perfect vaginal delivery to a beautiful baby girl named: Carsyn Everley, on Christmas Day 2008, she was 6lbs 4 oz. and everything was perfect about her, we got 14 beautiful blessed days with her and she went back to heaven, her heart had a hole in it that was undetected.  I miss her so much daily, I go to the grave daily, talk to her daily, and feel so angry at times.  I feel very empty and want to try for another baby- my husband is scared.  Maybe someone has or is experiencing the same situation.  Please give input.  Thanks
i also pray for all of you... i just lost my baby girl jayden at full term on jan 9 she had a rare syndrome called jacobsen syndrome and she had several heart problems but the docs said she would be ok i called the doc when i felt the movement slow down and they said not to worry bout it i had extra fluid well 3 days later at the doc they couldnt find the heart so they soon induced me and i had her at 1;28 am she was 7p 2o and the doc said OH her cord is twisted in 3 dif places i also feel so empty and just got done packing her room away but left her name on the wall anyways we also want to have another baby he is more scared than me but we didnt even wait but 3 weeks to have sex and again at 4wks but i guess we will find out later... anyways everything happens for a reason and i go to see my jayden everyday i know she is in HEAVEN and perfect
Hello, i was just browsing and read your stories... I had a beautiful little girl by the name of Kinley Amoria.. She was born with Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome where the left side of the heart is smaller than the right... I had her for exactly 2 months. she was born on the 21st of November and died on the 21st of january. This is soooo hard to deal with. I to want another baby but am so scared that this may happen again even though the dr.s have told me that its not genetic and there are no know factors that causes this... I want another baby so bad because i have a void in my heart. I go to the cemetary everyday and talk to her... I know that no one can replace her but i want a baby and dont know when to start for another one. Im trying to give myself time to get thru this... How soon is to soon??
OMG, I just gave birth to my daughter at 20 weeks.  She had potter's syndrom (syndrome) and died at birth.  I feel the same way as you and want to get pregnant right now.  I too started having sex again and it had only been a week.  No one told me anything about waiting with my son they said I could regain sexual activity when I felt okay to do so.  I feel bad for you.  I am dieing inside about my daughter and am so thankful that I have my son to help me through it.  I know a nurse that I asked said that we should wait 5 months to heal before trying again but my Dr. said we could try whenever we wanted.

Good luck through this hard time.

Jamie
I am so happy I found this site.  I was having such a hard time trying to tell people how I felt.  No one understood what I was going through.  We went in last Tues to find out the gender of our baby, which was a girl.  The next day we found out she had low amniotic fluid and they wanted us to get another ultrasound.  We went in on Thurs after fighting to get an appt just to find out she had no kidneys (potters syndrome) and was going to die.  We had to make the decision to give birth or let her grow and die inside of me.  I could not handle feeling my baby girl grow inside of me just to die.  I feel very badly for all of you ladies who have lost a child and I pray that no one ever has to make a choice like I did.  I am having such a hard time dealing with Lillian's death.  I had to explain to everyone that even though I did not know her I felt her and she was my little girl.  We are going to try again.  They did the genealogy chart and there is like no chance that this will happen again.  It was a fricked fluke how does that happen to us.  I did everything right.  Just know that I pray for everyone and their little babies.  It is not fair sometimes but we just have to take it one day at a time.
hello, i have recently lost my son Jaylen at 20 weeks on June 3, his heart stopped beating and i had a vaginal deliverly. I am truly heart-broken over the loss, Jaylen would have been my first child. After 3 weeks i went back to work, so i wouldnt think about the loss anymore. Now i am scared that i might be pregnant again, i am so fearful of what can happen, i dont want to tell anyone.....not even my boyfriend......i am at a loss of words. Its crazy because i feel uncomfortable around people that know, exspecially at work, they were throwing me a big baby shower...i still ask God WHY!, but only he knows. I sometimes feel like it was something i did that caused my child to die, its something that u truly have to get over yourself mentally....i am truly sorry for everyone who had to experience a tramatic loss....
2004 May 12th 11am I gave birth at 23weeks and my son did not live due to abnormal kidney. Doc suggested I wait three weeks I did  we didnt get pregnant till 1yr late I gave birth to my son now 3 on April 15th 2006 and I jus recently gave birth to my doughter July 3rd. My advice to all women is that babies come when they are suppose to so try not to dwell on your loss it will only be heart ack so just keep trying you will get lucky.
I am so happy I found this site...I just gave birth to my son Jonathan at 35 weeks - he was still born.  I didn't feel him move for an entire day and went over to the hospital where they told me he had no heart beat and had died.  I was induced and gave birth vaginally.  As many of you know this was the hardest thing I have ever done!  My husband and I both want another baby so bad - it has been 3 weeks since our son was born.  What are signs to tell if you are ovulating?  I am still bleeding a very little bit...can I sill get pregnant?
I feel your pain. All I can say is continue to pray and trust the Lord He will make a way for you in His heart and listen to all your prayers. I have my 2 children vaginally and they are diong extremly well. I love them so much. I will pray for
you all.
It's good to know that we are not alone, because so few people know how to comfort grieving parents. They say 'there are no words' and many slope off into the distance, leaving you with your pain.

I lost my baby girl, Isabella, three weeks ago on 22 September. She had a genetic abnormality that was only picked up at 36 weeks. She died, I gave birth to her, held her and thanked her for the joy she had brought me. She was beautiful, she looked like a member of our family - she looked like a sleeping baby. We buried her a few days later. It is enormously painful and like others I stumbled across this site because I want to know when I can get pregnant again. Maybe to fill the void, maybe to stop people's pity, but mostly because we wanted to have a baby and just because that didn't work out this time, it doesn't mean that our desires have changed.

I know it might be too soon, but we not only grieving her, we are grieving the fact that we are not parents, like we were supposed to be. She was our first. She will always be unique and special, and we will remember her and what she brought to our lives, but we had plans to be parents and we don't want to give up on that, or delay it any longer than 9 more months!

Our doctor said my periods should come back six weeks from the birth - in three weeks or so. My postpartum bleeding is stopping now. I am having my prolactin levels checked to see if they are getting back to normal (this is what stops periods, I know this because my levels are naturally too high and I have to take drugs to reduce them). I guess that when my first period comes, I will do ovulation tests using the clearblue ovulation strips, which got me pregnant in one attempt last time. Not sure if my cycles will be out of whack or if I will have anovulatory cycles. We will see! My body will be ready when it is ready.

There's probably some psychological reason why it is good to wait - the 'replacement baby' syndrome perhaps, but I think anyone who has already been pregnant can get pregnant again as long as their body is ready. I guess you have to work on your mental state to ensure that you won't be anxious during the next pregnancy, as this can affect the baby. I am doing yoga, reiki, walking alot and seeing a psychologist.....with all that I feel I am turning the page towards a bright future with love and happiness - and babies!

Good luck everyone and lots of love.

I too feel everyone's pain. Four weeks ago today we lost our precious little Angel Kaylie. We were induced at 40wks 6 days, 6 hours into the induction placental abruption happened. We had an emergency c-section, but it was too late, she was deprived of oxygen for too long. She lived for 2 hours and 28 minutes. I was holding her when her little heart stopped beating. I miss her so much. I cry every day and continue to ask "why us". She was our first child and we couldn't wait to be a family. Everything is in her room ready for her to come home. I have never felt so much pain in my entire life, my heart continues to shatter.
My heart (whats left of it) longs to be a mommy again. We didn't want to wait the recommended time before trying again...so started trying yesterday again. My OB suggested waiting at least 2 menstrual cycles. When I asked him if it would be a abd thing if we tried earlier, he said it wouldn't necessarily be a "bad" thing. It took us a long time to conceive Kaylie, therefore we didn't want to wait. I'm 34 and my husband is 35; we felt time wasn't really on our side. Physically I feel great, like nothing ever happened. I only had pain for about a week and a half. Emotionally I'm wreck, but I need to be a mommy.

Good luck to the others who are trying again.
So sorry for everyone's loss. I know how hard it is. God bless all.
I am so glad that I found this forum as it has helped me to develop personal perspective.  

Last week I gave birth to a little boy at 20 weeks and he survived for 37 minutes then his heart stopped.  He was our first, the image of his dad and my heart aches for him.  All through the pregnancy he developed beautifully but I had a low lying placenta which split and caused premature labour.

My husband and I have been each others strength and I too am needing to get pregnant again but I have realised through reading this forum that, for me personally, this is not such a great idea.

My heart is breaking for the loss of our baby boy and the pain I see in the eyes of my husband, his grandparents and aunts and uncles but I have just realised that I am wanting to get pregnant to take away that pain and to feel a life growing inside of me again.  You cant heal a gaping hole in your heart in a matter of weeks or even a lifetime but you can heal physically!  I need time to grieve and heal and then to learn to trust in my body again.  I now realise that if I get pregnant so soon I will probably spend the next months filled with worry and fear of it happening again which will not be healthy for anyone, as much as I wish it to be otherwise!  The risk of miscarriage is very real and I want to do as much as what is within my power to reduce the chance (didnt work first time but let's hope).

So instead of focusing on getting in pregnant I am going to focus on what I can control.  I am going to focus on the love that my husband and I share, the beauty of the friends and family that surround us and getting my body back to a healthy state that will be the best environment possible for a new pregnancy.

I know the pain that everyone is feeling and it is not something that you would wish on your worst enemy.  It was mentally encouraging, though not at all pleasing, to find that others in the world are feeling the exactly the same way and we are not alone in being told 'I dont know what to say' or having a house filled with flowers and the delivery man knocking on your door to bring more arrangements that would normally be received after the arrival of a new baby.  To everyone on this site who has dared to love and not had the expected outcome, remember, we are strong and we will never forget but we will get through this.

To insensitive people such as Tiredbuthappy and Wannabenana, perhaps compassion rather than condescension would be more appropriate when responsing to a heart breaking post such as Sasha924.  When you lose a baby it is not your first instinct to pull out a list of appropriate questions to ask after childbirth and when you are home you are in such a numb state that you don't kinow where to turn.  You speak of lacking commonsense, perhaps you should review your own lack of heart.

All that aside, apologies for the extra long post but it has been  therapeutic to reach inside myself, past the pain, and analyse what I am feeling.
Thank you so much for your post.  It seems so unreal sometimes, just writing to a computer screen, but your words touched me and helped me.  I just had my first baby three weeks ago.  Our little Jarom was two months early, and died during birth.  My sweet husband has been my strength, and he and I count ourselves blessed because we can talk about everything together.  We have a perfect little son, who is with our Heavenly Father, which is comforting, but also heartbreaking.  I'm a selfish mommy and wish he were with us.  I try to understand, and have found many blessings and comforts and beautiful miracles that would not have come otherwise, but it is still so hard.  I too want to have another baby as soon as I can--my husband and I long to have children, and losing our first was a crushing blow.  My doctor recommends that we wait at least 6 months in order to reduce the chance of another preterm delivery.  I understand the reasoning, and realize that my body needs time to heal physically and become ready for another baby, and my soul needs time to grieve and heal as well.  Catoki, thank you for your sweet words.  To everyone reading this: if you have lost a precious child, know that your little one is safe and loves you.  We are mothers, even if we may not appear that way to outsiders yet.  We love our little ones, and we will always have a place in our hearts for these precious babies.  
I gave birth to my son, Carson, at 35 weeks and he had a fatal heart condition, he passed away four weeks later.  It has been four months since I had him and three since he passed away and I just found out I am pregnant again.  We have feelings of excitement, but also are extremely nervous after what we went through with Carson.  The doctor told us to wait four cycles before trying again, but I only had one cycle before we  surprisingly conceived again.
I just lost my twins, son and daughter, Aree'a and William Jr. to preterm labor. I was 23 weeks pregnant. My pregnancy was going really well, no complications. This was my boyfriend and I first pregnancy. We have been together for 10 years since I was 14 years of age. We were so excited to finally become parents and had future plans. You talk about feeling empty, lonely, sad, heart broken, and plan ole, WHY US?  This is extremly hard to deal with, but after reading your stories, I gives me the comfort that we are not alone, and deal with this heart ache. Many people don't understand and some say the wrong things at time. We want to try to become pregnant as soon as possible. The doctor said to wait at least 6 months, and that I may have to get my cervix sown shut. While in delivery my son's head got stuck in my cervix and they had to cut and stitich my cervix which could make my cervix weak. I am really nervous about that, but we really want to have children. I am scared that it will happen again, and I don't want rush myself and get pregnant and not being ready emotionally. It just wasn't our time yet, and I feel in my heart that the next time will be better
I've never posted to a forum before but felt compelled to do so after reading your stories. I gave birth to Mia on Nov 27 at 20w and 3d gestation. It's a day I will never forget. I had pain in my left side for about a week and after going to the hospital and being released with a prescription for tylenol 3, I woke up on the morning of Nov 27 with pain and cramping I will never forget. When I got to the hospital I was in labour. My bf kept tryingto reassure me but I knew she wouldn't survive. I went into panic mode and everything just moved so quickly. They broke my waters and I was given and epideral and various introvenous things.  About 12 hours later Mia was born. She was already with God when I gave birth.  The night before she was kicking me (she was a night owl like me) but I guess with all the trauma she went to Heaven before making her physical appearance.
Initially I didn't want to see her. I thought it would be too painful and quite frankly I was scared but after a few hours I did. Now that its been 7 weeks I'm so glad we did hold her and tough her skin and kiss her and take pictures because that is all I have together as a family. Of course I had the pleasure of 20 weeks with her but this was my bf's only chance with her. We cried and I continue to cry to this day.
I have since changed my diet, going to acupuncture, working out again, sleeping a lot, seeing a shrink and changed OBGYN all geariing up to get pregnant again next month God willing. My old doctor and the hospital cannot say why this happened which is frustrating because I don't know what I can change which is why I made a bunch of changes-for my own well being as well. But other than the pain which may have been from a small fibroid the pregnancy and baby were perfectly healthy. I'm sad and heartbroken. I was a recluse for a month as I didnt want pity and I felt like a failure somehow. Everyday does get easier and my bf and I are even laughing again.  We have both taken leave from work just to get it together emotionally and it has brought us together and we are ready to start this journey again although its only been a few months. We believe in God and that he knew our Mia was special and brought her home. He will bless us with more children and I truly believe that. My new doctor has a new plan for me which will include lots of bedrest since thye cant pinpoint anything specific. I don't care what I need to do, I will do it.  Here's hoping and praying for all of us that wish to conceive, healthy and happy pregnancies in 2010.
What Makes A Mother

I thought of you and closed my eyes
And prayed to God today
I asked "What makes a Mother?"
And I know I heard him say
A Mother has a baby
This we know is true
But, God, can you be a mother
When your baby's not with you?

Yes, you can he replied
With confidence in his voice
I give many women babies
When they leave it is not their choice
Some I send for a lifetime
And others for the day
And some I send to feel your womb
But there's no need to stay.

I just don't understand this God
I want my baby here

He took a breath
and cleared his throat
And then I saw a tear
I wish I could show you
What your child is doing today
If you could see your child smile
With other children and say
"We go to earth to learn our lessons
of love and life and fear
My mommy loved me so much
I got to come straight here
I feel so lucky to have a Mom who had so much love for me
I learned my lessons very quickly
My Mommy set me free.

I miss my Mommy oh so much
But I visit her each day
When she goes to sleep
On her pillow is where I lay
I stroke her hair and kiss her cheek
And whisper in her ear
Mommy don't be sad today
I'm your baby and I am here"

So you see my dear sweet one
Your children are okay
Your babies are here in My home
And this is where they'll stay
They'll wait for you with Me
Until your lessons are through
And on the day you come home
they'll be at the gates for you

So now you see
What makes a Mother
It's the feeling in your heart
It's the love you had so much of
Right from the very start
Though some on earth
May not realize
Until their time is done
Remember all the love you have
And know that you are
A Special Mom
i just gave birth to my 6 week old daughter, i had unprotected sex just before she turned 6 weeks. i breastfeed everyday, All day!..

what are my chances to get pregnant?
is it like a 98% if your breasteeding everyday all day?
&& like 1 to 2% if you only breastfeed acouple times a day?

i need some info iam freaing out here, iam not ready to have another baby so soon:(.
My water broke at 29 weeks on the dot, i was not contracting at the time but started contracting 3 days later. My "Lil Prince" arrived exactly 29 weeks 4 days,Jan 4 2010. He lived for 24hrs and went to be with the Lord.
He was our first, my hubby and I were devasted.I always loved children and sure want to have more kids. We have started trying again.I hope it happens this month.
I am 18 weeks pregnant. I just went to the Dr. to find out if i was having a boy or a girl. At the ultra sound the first thing she asked me was if i was leaking fluid. As far as i knew i wasn't. I didn't know what it meant at the time but i knew something wasn't right. Later on she said that she didn't see the kidney's but there was no fluid so that may be why. I had to wait 15 more min to see my Dr. When i saw her she said she was very concerned. She sent me to a specialist and they determined my baby doesn't have kidneys or any amniotic fluid. I don't even know if it is a boy or girl. Now my husband and i have to decide to terminate and have the baby before 24 weeks or wait full term and deliver but either way the baby has no chance of surviving. This is the hardest thing ever. So i have to give birth to my baby and hold it but i don't get to take it home with me.
Oh my, I feel really bad for you gals.  How tough to go through this.  I hope you find lots of support on here & take care gals, hugs.
Our angel, William Coe, was born a month early, but got to come home with us when we left the hospital. They said he was doing fine and healthy, despite arriving prematurely. He was 2 months old last Friday. He developed some congestion about a week ago, and everyone told us it was normal since he was in daycare around other babies. We found him early yesterday morning, not breathing, started CPR and called 911. They came and rushed him to the hospital, but he never responded or had a pulse. It hurts so much that sometimes, it's hard to breathe. As much as I wish no one would ever have to go through this, it's comforting to know that there are people out there who understand and share our pain. This pregnancy was a surprise and our first, we hadn't been planning to start trying to have children yet. But, now that I know what it's like to be a Mommy and hold that sweet baby in my arms, I want that feeling back...I want to experience it again. I know we're emotionally not ready for it yet, but after I talk with my doctor, I want to start trying as soon as we're ready to. Wishing everyone love, and it makes my heart feel not as heavy now that I've found this site.
i just lost my baby last week at 33 weeks gestation, i hadnt felt movemnts for over 24 hours and saw my midwife, she couldnt find a heartbeat, but still i thought it was all ok, the ultrasound result hit me and my partner like a ton of bricks. she had died.

i had the most amazing and healthy pregnancy i enjoyed every day and was so proud of my unborn baby. i would sit in her room and just fold her clothes. everything was ready for her.

when we finally got to the hospital they induced me and ran blood tests. we found out she had suffered a massive fetomaternal haemmorage, where the placenta allowed her blood to escape into my circulation. the delivery took 5 days. when i held her a whole load of emotions hit me, never have i seen such a beautifull baby and she was everything i could have hoped for and more.

the pain that i now feel is so severe im not sure how ill ever cope, even opening the cutains is hard, as i dont want to see the sun shine or hear the birds. its as if i want the world to stop whilst i mourn. i still cannot see friends or bear to talk about it. how can they ever understand or relate to this. The only things that are running through my mind is what if i had reacted sooner? could they have saved her? ill never stop feeling this guilt that resounds in me. why wasnt i more alert?

the only other thing i can think of is when can we try again? i will wait for at least 6 weeks as i know your uterus and womb needs to contract down to size. i have already started on the pregnancy vitamins and am trying to eat some food ( although im not hungry ) time is a horrible thing i dont want to wait 6 months or a year. i feel the emptiness and it is a phisical pain i look down at my body and cry, 2 weeks ago i had a baby alive and well. i felt on top of the world nuturing this baby.

it was also my first so im devastated, i always thought after 12 weeks you were safe. it just goes to show how you must appreciate every day and never take it for granted. i am not a religious person but i feel my daughter with me. I hope she is ok and will be with me always. i know we all feel the same here about our children. all the hope i have is to getting healthy enough to carry my next baby healthily to term.

i have hope that the same thing wont occur again as it it unexplainable and very rare. however this will never bring back my daughter sienna, and i miss her every second of every hour. i just wish i could have done more or done something different. good luck to us all and i guess the answer is to do whats best for you and be healthy as possible, take all docs advice and do your own research. the more we know about another pregnancy the better.

love to all our babies
i gave birth to a bootiful baby girl called chloe i was 20 weeks & 4days i only went for my 20weeks scan just to find out what the sex was.i was so upset when the man said he dont like the look off the scan..i looked at my boyfriend & burst out in tears our hearts broke into little peices they will never heal. we was ready to be parents & hold & looking after a bootiful baby.but we never got that chance to i ask " WHY"? she lived for a hour & 48minutes she was so perfect & fully formed.chloes heart stopped when daddy was holding her. we had her for 2days.but sadly she was already passed away.i couldn't let go off her me & my boyfriend have decided to try for another baby not to replace chloe because that would never happen you can't replace what you have lost right? everyday i have that image off her.i got pictures all around the house so when people come around they know she was here.. even though there was nothing wrong with chloe.she was healthy.i blame my self i feel like i cold off done something difo.i know i done everything right. i think i am preg again.but i am scared to tell my boyfriend "/ but i do hope i am to feel a baby growing healthy inside me again
r.i.p my bootiful little angel
mommy & daddy loves you so much miss you everyday that goes by
never replaced mommy promises :)Xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello all, i too understand how you are all feeling 2 weeks ago i gave birth to a beautiful sleeping angel. I was 38 weeks pregnant and felt what i thought were contractions, myself and my boyfriend went to the maternity hospital were they put a heart monitor on me only to tell me they could not find a heart beat. Our lives turned upside down we were so looking forward to our baby boy Alfie. He was so perfect and the most beautiful baby. Looking at other peoples stories have helped me in some way. We visit the grave twice a day as it is our way of talking to him. I too thought how am i going to cope i feel like i have too died.

I have spoken to other people who this has happened to and they have assured me i will learn to live with this grieve. All of the mothers i spoke too went straight on to have other children which they said has helped them alot. Having more children will never replace our angels but i feel it will fill an empty feeling we all have. I also feel we will somehow get them back in spirit.

I too ask god why me what have i ever done to deserve such pain, why did you take my beautiful baby. When i see other babies i feel why did my Alfie not get a chance to be born alive and healthy. I have mixed emotions everyday but i am sure our hearts will heal and we will learn to live with such pain.

11 years ago a friend of mine lost a beautiful girl, she went on to have 3 more beautiful children which she says helped her get on with life and she seems great now. I too would like to get pregnant asap, my doctor told me i could if i was emotionally ready after six weeks, i know this wont bring my baby back but i feel it will help me to move on and fill an emptyness i have. My sister has 2 children and they are just 10 months apart in age also my brother and sister are 11 months apart so it is possible to get pregnant straight away.

I pray for all our angels and heart broken mums, just believe life will get better x x x
Just read your post. How very sad your story is, Did u get a reason why ur baby died? Its just been over 3 weeks since i lost my baby girl and it is so painfull still my heart phisically aches for her. I hope to get pregnant soon also, me and my partner are already trying, i really hope it happens soon, and knowing ur sister got pregnant just one month after giving birth gives me hope. I dont know how long i can go around with this empty feeling.

another baby will never replace my angel and will also open up other worries and insecurities. instead of worrying about the first 12 weeks ill be worried about the whole 40 weeks. I wish u all the best with your mental recovery and phisical recovery. and i pray that we both can have another baby to look forward to.

all the best lydia xxx
I just stumbled across this site by accident, and am so glad I did.  I delivered my first child, Parker, 10 weeks ago. I went into labor the day before my due date. We called the hospital about 3 hours after the contractions started and they told me to come down to the hospital. I felt him moving as I got into the shower and didn't really think to keep count of kicks after that. We arrived at the hospital to find out that his heart had stopped sometime between our house and checking into the hospital. We delivered him at midnight that night. Needless to say we were devastated.
I just wanted to share my story with all the moms out there who have lost their little ones. Sometimes we feel alone but, we aren't. We are in the company of many strong and beautiful women. Be strong, take hope, and carry on...
wait, i could have sworn she was asking what the possibilities were of her "getting pregnant again SO SOON" not if just getting pregnant... she wants to know how easily it could happen...
I also gave birth to a perfect little angel named Jasmine. She was born at 26 wks and 1 day on Aug 11 2010 and stayed with us for one week before going on to heaven on Aug 19 and it was so sadbecause she was perfect and now we want to try agin but im afraid.
Hey all, this is quite an old post.  I believe there is a forum on here for women who have suffered a loss.  You may find more support there.  God Bless you.
My heart is still aching for my loss that happened a week ago on Nov 12 2010, but doctor said you have to go further check up with high risk team for future. My Dr, gave me out of work for 2 weeks and a check up on third week. I am in the medical field with as much knowledge as everyone but i think u can resume your intimacy in life as soon as bleeding stops, chances of pregnancy depends on women to women. I had tried for 4 years after marriage, also went through IUI to conceive but didn't till this year. And they never knew why i didnt conceive, stopped trying or thinking of conceiving for months and I was unknown that i was pregnant until a month ago, I just went for my first ultrasound on Nov 11 2010 and was informed that i am on 20 weeks gestation and losing my baby due to incompetent cervix. It was too fast for me to digest the good news of pregnancy when at the same time i was hit with the bad news. i recommend women to study more about pregnancies, I had symptoms of preterm labor but this was my first pregnancy so everyone told me it is normal but NO it is not, if you are aware of symptoms please dont talk to anyone and if doctors are still saying it is normal , ask them for further clarification or tests for your safety and future. God bless all of us and specially the Mothers Special like US. I would like to know How Sasha is doing, please write back, your encouragement is motive for some people as you may see special mothers like us still writes at your post after 2 years of your posted message.
From A Special Mother to Other Special Mom...
i too have lost a baby.I was induced at 39+ 1/2 weeks and my baby girl leila grace was born on october 26th 2010 weighin 5lb 9oz. she was so perfect and beautiful. our precious princess as me and her daddy use to call her. We found out on my 20 week scan that she had a rare heart defect and would need a life saving operation within a week of birth. we were so devastated and we fell apart with hurt, worry, pain and many more feelings but we were as optimistic as we could have been and prayed for the best and stayed positive even though we were so so scared. Leila stayed in PICU for 6days and on the 1st november 2010 leila went in for her operation and so so sadly never made it through.Her heart was too weak and they couldnt stabilise her after. Our world fell apart and we just couldnt imagine bein without her. It was so unfair. We had a lovely little funeral for her and added person things. Its been 6 weeks and 2 days since she went back home and we miss her everyday and would do anything to bring her back. We have loads of photos of her around the house and talk to her everyday and blow her kisses and tell her we love her everyday and in time we know itl get easier but its still raw for us. We are desperate for another baby. nothing will ever replace leila but i feel guilty about wantin another baby but we want to be a mummy and daddy again. is it too soon to start trying do u think?  my heart goes out to you all and hope ypu all find the strength to get through this and make sure you and your partners stick by each other because they are the closest thing you have to your baby. i look at my partner everyday and see leila in him and i love him even more for it. I wouldnt put my worst enemy through this.                                                                                                  
I just want to say that I know exactly how all u moms feel. I posted over a year ago. 12-9-09 I lost my son and daughter at 24weeks. I am not going to get into all of the emotions that I have had to deal with, me and my now husband. I just want to say that pain that you can not sometimes describes does get better as time goes on. I know right  now you don't see howm but it will. I found God again, in the midest of going through the pain of missing and wanting my children. He saved me and pulled me and my husband through. We still have our days and times when we cry and talk about the babies and how we wish they were here with us. We know that God does not allow things to take place in life without a reason.
Me and my husband just got married 11/20/10 and had been to together for 10 years, and many other blessings have come after our babies going home with the Lord. I am not saying this is why they may have went home, but I know God has had to get somethings in order for us, for us to live how he wants, and to help others, and give him the glory.
God is great, and I know you hurt so so so so much. I can tell you is just pray and pray and talk to him, you never know why he allowed this to happen until time pass by and you  look back. We miss our angels everyday, every single day, but when I look back at where I was then, and where I am now, I can say me and my husband has made it.
And to share something else.. we fell pregnant in Aug 2010 but miscarried in October.... yes that was hard, but not as hard as before because we had been through it before but worse. Doctors are not saying that it is something with me and my husband. We lost the twins due to preterm labor, and with this last baby, it stopped growing. So we are waiting patiently on our miracle children that God has for us.
Mothers the pain will get better, but never go away, because they are your children and you will always have your children in your hearts, always. I am praying for all the mommies our there that is missing their angels. I would be more than happy to talk to anyone that need support. Please email me at whitey_ashley***@**** .. We are all one in Christ Jesus, Love u all :)
Tomorrow is my daughter Jordynn Olivia Marie Kents memorial.  We had her on 1.11.11.  I was 35 weeks.  I had a healthy pregnancy the whole time.  I went to the hospital and her heart was not beating.  I have a 3 year old son and a 2 year old son.  They were looking forward to having a baby sister.  Her baby shower would've been 5 days later.  I have so much support from all my family and friends and from her dad and for that I am being really strong.  I know everything happens for a reason and she will come back to us when she is ready and when GOD is ready.  I always wanted my daughter.  She was so so beautiful.  She looked just like an Angel.  I know she is looking down on us.
my fiancee and i found our we were pregnant on Dec 9, 2010 i was 10w3d. We were so happy our first child. Our first US app i got the trans vaginal US and saw my cervix was 2.4cm which told me to check with my doctor if it was normal. I was sent to specialist OB gyn doc which told me to make another US to see if my cervix goes to normal. By january 8 2011 my cervix grew to 4.2cm which i was relief because it seem to go so well until feb 28 2011 i felt contractions prior this date i was spotting not much but still worried me thats when i felt the contraction i panic n tried to calm down but when i went to the washroom n felt something coming out i knew it was time for me to go to the hospital. I was told i was dilating i believe .8-.9cm ready to labor which it was too soon i was only 21w6d. My contractions stop while i was in the hospital which doctors were telling me if i didnt have any and make it 3 more weeks there was hope for the baby.But it didnt next day tuesday i gave birth to a baby girl she was just 13 oz (if am not mistaken sorry is hard for me to this day to see her birth certificate)i was able to hold her n hear her last grasp for air.Doctors couldnt explain to me what had happen which made it harder for me n my fiancée to understand what was going on.Not until i gave labor the doctor that came to help me said i had a placenta abruption because of how easily my placenta came out with the baby. I was upset how doctors treated me especially the specialist that first saw me because instead of telling me what other procedures we can do to make my cervix grow such as using progesterone hormones she was asking me if i was a women of faith?telling me what ever happens i should leave it to god.I came out that clinic so confused upset and angry, frustrated. Am still hurt because i feel i went through the whole labor n came out empty handed, i know my doctor told me to wait until may but am not waiting because i feel getting pregnant would heal me physically. I hope my story comforts other women. As for my baby girl she was named Destiny Esperanza as for i feel it was destiny and hope we had to have this baby.
I came across this site and I am so glad I did. I delivered my son Azim on March 2, 2011 and he died March 16, 2011. I delivered him at 25 wks 1 day. Those were the best and worse 2 weeks of my life. He was doing so well and then he got an infection. I miss my little angel soooo much. I'm doing better today than I did the day he died, I still have my moments and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of him. I truly believe that our babies were too good for this world so God needed them more and everything happens for a reason. Sometimes it feels like did I really have a baby or was I really pregnant it seems like it was all a dream. Then I look at the pictures I have and think yes my baby was here. He was real. I know it can get better for me as well as every mother who has gone through a loss like this. It makes us appreciate the little things so much more. I'm not saying that we don't but for some reason the little things in life seem so much more precious now. I don't want to blab away but ladies know that your babies love you from when they were conceived and they still do to this day. They are watching over us as we speak and one day we shall return to them, but God has more work for us to do here so stay strong and know that you are loved.

Love you all!!!!!!

Yvonne
I lost my son Rai Emmanuel on the 4th April 2011 and that was the hardest, most disappointing day in our lives. This was my husband and I first child and oh how we've longed to have this baby in our lifes. First couple of days was hell on earth but hoping and praying it gets better. But today, by reading almost every comment I was touched and deeply moved.
Thank you Yvonne, you surely are blessed to say the words you said. "God needed them more", That is all I really needed to hear right now.
To all mothers stay strong and be bless.
Okay, this is new for me. I don't like feeling ignorant, but I would like someone's insight. I gave birth to twin girls 2 months ago. The only bleeding I did prior to now was after delivery... was a c-section. I did not have relations up until barely a week ago, and the very next day I started bleeding, and with no cramping. I don't know that this isn't a crampless period, and it's obviously way too early to tell anything.I just know I started what I thought was my period, but there is no cramping. I thought maybe implantation bleeding, as that happened to me in my first trimester with my twins, but I don't know. I'm a very tiny person, and my periods knock me on the floor usually, so I have no idea. I've been bleeding since 4/30/11 and no cramping. Did I mention no cramping? :-) I know that you can absolutely get preg again shortly after birthing, but, and this is where I sound ignorant... I haven't had a period yet (other than possibly now), and the ONE time I have sex, I bleed the very next day. Am I jumping the gun thinking of implantation bleeding? It wouldn't happen that soon, would it?
My beautiful son was born at 27 weeks and blessed my husband and I with 29 days, he got an infection and God called my baby home.
He passed three weeks ago.
We pray that we are blessed with little brothers and sister soon.
We miss and love him, more than any human words can describe.
Till we meet u again my angel (I can't wait to see you again)
These stories are amazing... How it feels as though we are the only humans in the world suffering such loss and pain, to find we are amongst so many is all the more heart rendering yet comfort in knowing there is someone you can share your feelings with. My soul mate and I lost our baby boy on 2nd Jan 2010, we are both from England but i went to Spain to visit family for xmas on 24th December 2009, doctors had told me i could fly, i was uncomfortable for a few days whilst over there and my family kept telling me they didnt think id carry full term, sure enough on the morning of the 29th December i woke up with bad period like pains, i stayed in bed a while hoping the pains would ease off, but they werent going anywhere, so an hr or so later i got up and my mother was awake, she also thought it was nothiing to worry about and said she thought i had a high pain threshold, i said if i wasn´t in labouor i didnt want to be because it was really bad. We even woke my sister up who also said it was probably the baby laying funny. Within a few minutes what were now evidently contractions started coming at a minute and a half apart, i was crying, scared not wanting my baby to come yet, i wasnt in england, i didnt have my partner there, but thankfully i had my mother and father who were amazing, they live in the countryside also so they got me in the car and drove for which seemed like forever but was about 7 minutes to the local equivelant of A&E, my waters had broken in the car, and i hadnt noticed i was pouring with blood, the nurses and doctors speaking know english thought i was hemeraging and my mum told them i was in labour, they then chucked her out the room and rushed me off to the main hospital in an ambulance strapped down to a bed and no one understood me, they wouldnt allow anyone else with me, as i was there priority and they couldnt have any distractions, but i thought my life was going to end, i had never felt such pain and no one would give me any pain relief, i was also so distraught that i knew my baby boy whom i had planned my whole new life around was coming before he was ready to. Within 40ish minutes i had given birth, no pain reliefs and stitches all i wanted was for my little boy to be ok, they rushed him off and that was it. My sister and mother had managed to get a quick picture before they rushed him into a ambulance and to be taken to a childrens hospital they were then allowed to see me and i saw a picture of my baby for the first time, I was already in love with the bond i had, but to see this little human, with features that resembled his dad so much, and so much hair on his head i was so happy but anxious. I then found out i wouldnt be able to see him until the following day as they would not release me, the next day i couldnt wait any longer, i had to know what was going on so i discharged myself from hospital as soon as my partner arrived in spain, my family picked me up and we went to the baby hospital, I got to see him, it ws weird but i felt so scared. I was still unable to walk properly and very tired and emotional but i saw him. We continued travelling 50 minute journeys there and again back twice a day for the next few days, we were only allowed in the room at certain times of the day, I remembered new years eve was the first time i´d been able to express milk properly for him, i was so happy, the next day they told us Baby Josiah was doing well, he could even maybe come off oxygen in the next couple of days because he was fighting alone. That new years day i got on the texting and facebook to everyone with the positive news. Me and my partner prayed together that night for the first time that god will, will be done for our son, the next day on route to hospital i recieved a phone call from the consultant, he told me josiah had taken a turn for the worst and had a bad night, they didnt know how long he´d survive and suggested we come straight away, luckily we were 5 minutes away, when we got there, the consultant took us striahgt in the room and told us about j´s blood pressure dropping really low, and they had done just about all they could for him, we went in to see him and i couldnt keep it together, i was talking to him and telling him to pull through, then the doctor told us they were going to take all his tubes out and take him out and let us spend our last moments holding him. It was the most precious thing i had ever done in my life and i´ll never forget not give up that moment..
I cant put in to words the pain felt, but anyone whose going through this and will go through this, just know it´s not about getting over, but getting on... I wish i knew the reason such sadness occurs to innocent lives and the families who put all their hopes and dreams into there little ones like we did but time heals and if you can have any belief in your soul, just know they´ll be a time when your reunited.
I UNDERSTAND AND FEEL THE PAIN THAT YOU ALL FEEL. I HAD A BABY GIRL NAMED OLIVIA A MONTH AGO 5/20/11 AT 1:40 AM I FELL ILL DUE TO HUS WHICH IS UNEXPLAINABLE AND ITS CAUSED BY PREGNANCY MY DOCTORS SAID THEY CANT EXPLAIN HOW I GOT IT OR WHERE IT CAME FROM BUT WHEN I HAD HER IT ALL WENT AWAY MY BABY LASTED 5MTHS WITH ME AND I THANK GOD HE GAVE HER TO ME.EVEN THOUGH SHE WASNT ALIVE WHEN I HAD HER WHICH BY THE WAY WAS A NATURAL BIRTH I WAS ABLE TO HOLD HER SEE HER AND JUST FALL IN LOVE...I SUFFER EVERYDAY BY THE LOST OF MY BABY AND ME AND MY FIANCEE ARE WANTING TO TRY NOW BUT MY DOCTORS BEST ADVICE WAS TO LET EVERYTHING HEAL SO ABOUT 6MTHS WE CAN TRY AGAIN. HOPEFULLY WE CAN WAIT THAT LONG BUT ILL LET THE LORD DECIDE AND DO HIS WORK. SO I HOPE THAT HAS HELP ANYBODY BUT 6MTHS IS THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF TIME TO LET YOUR BODY GET BACK TO NORMAL SO EVERYTHING CAN BE ANEW AGAIN...GOOD LUCK! SO HOPEFULLY SOMETIME THIS YEAR OR IN JAN 2012 WE WILL BE PREGNANT AGAIN.
i just recently had a baby in april and my partner wanted to have sex 4 weeks later. my stitches were just about healed and it felt a bit uncomfortable and i didnt get pleasure out of it. we continued unprotected sex up until 8 weeks and im not ready to have another baby yet. should i get a test done just to be sure?
as a living witness i gave birth to my first son.. and went in for my 6 weeks checkup and i was indeed prregnant again both of them were healthy babys no complications the whole 9 months or in delivery.i am 26 yrs old and my kids are 5 and 4 both boys. I found out i was prego again on may-19-2011. well went in for my first ultrasound on june-23-2011 they couldnt find a heartbeat, i was soooo hurt i couldnt beleive it it felt like my heart stopped.the doc's offered me a dnc. i said no because i was still in denial. but unfourtunely i misscarried naturally on june-28-2011. im still recovering and i will be trying as soon as the bleeding stops to get pregnant again.theres no medical reason why u should wait unless u have medical problems.so im gone shoot for baby number 4.. i will update you all. I AM SOOO SORRY FOR ALL OF YOUR LOSSES GOD HAS BETTER PLANS FOR US.GOD DOESNT MAKE MISTAKES,SO DONT QUESTION HIM,AND HE SHALL BLESS ALL OF US.SO LADIES GET READY FOR OUR BLESSINGS
Hi. I can understand what al you mothers going through. i went into premature labour 5 weeks ago and gave birth to my beautiful baby boy on 6 june at 23 weeks. He lived for 7 days and then went back to heaven were he belongs. I mis him so much. He was my first baby. 4 days before he was born I was bleeding. the hospital did a scan & said the baby was fine & sent me home. the next night the bleeding got worst & I started getting contraction pains. I was rushed to hospital only to find out I was 3cm dialated. the doctors didnt want me to give birth as the babies lungs just develop around that time. I was admitted to hospital. had plenty bed rest & given tablets to prevent labour. however monday morning I was fully dialated & gave birth. He didnt cry & I was so scared but his heart was beating. They said the reason for my early labour was a low lying placenta. He was the best thing god had ever given me. I no god had a reason for taking him away from me but I still feel so lost inside. I came back to work last week so I can keep myself occupied. All i want right now is to have another baby but im scared because a nurse told me I can go into premature labour again.

Im sori for such a long story but to all the women out there please make sure you get checked up for even the slightest of pains. Get a second opinion if u not happy with the first.

And to all the mothers who have lost their babies. Loosing a baby is the worst thing for any women to go through. Its a pain u would never wish upon your worst enemy. But I go through every day knowing my son is with me in spirit & 1 day he & I will be together again.

I love you Mohamed Aqeel & cant w8 when we meet again & I thank god everyday for making me your mother  
I have a healthy 4.5 yr old son. My daughter Fatima Hassan was born one month premature on 13th July, 2011. She had an infection which gradually took over all her systems and she passed away seven days later.
My husband and I have decided to have another kid as soon as possible, but we were wondering what length of time should we wait for since both of my kids were born with c-section. My anguish knows no bounds and I can totally relate to all women who have lost a child, no matter what age. It has just been 2 days since she has passed away and I know that she is a little angel now, watching over us from heaven. We both made her a promise that we shall see her again one day and that her spirit is right here in our hearts.... forever. The emptiness is killing me inside and I wish I would find happiness one day again.
i gave birth to my daughter when i was 26weeks 6days she was 1lb 8oz 12.5in long i might be pregnant again im scared out of my mind that this willl happen again
Reading all the stories have helped me realise im not alone. Im so sorry  to all the Angel mom's.  I too lost a baby on July 26th this year to our beautiful boy matthew. I was 41wk and the pregnancy had been monitored throughout.  We had one of those heart monitor things off the internet so we could keep an eye on him as we had had an early m/c the previous October.
I noticed on the Monday 6days after he was due that he had not moved all day so we tried to find the heartbeat on the monitor. To our horrible despare we realised his heart had stoped.
We went to the hospital to see if we was wrong, But he had gone!  I was induced and gave birth the next morning. He was 8lb and 13oz.  We still dont know as yet what caused him to die.  We would like to try again for another baby but am unsure how i will cope with the loss of matthew and the worry of an other pregnancy.   Take care Angel moms
hi my name is markisha...i can understand what all of yu are goin threw...i just gave birth to a beautiful baby girl on august 21 ...i was only 22wks and 3days pregnant..i had her early casue my cervix was open..and i had ruptured memebranes....her name is maleah marie russell..she weighed 15 ounces and was 11 inches long ...she was a fighter ..she was alive for 2 hrs and 22 minutes...she was born at 1253 pm and passed at 215pm...it was so weird cause i had no complications at all during my pregannacy ..i just found ou tshe was a girl 3 days before i had her...i am so hurt cause i was rdy to be a mommy and i stil am...all i want is a family :) ..my dr told me to wait 4 weeks to have sex(no i didnt start having sex already) ..but i really wanna try again for another baby..does that make me a bad person???..just wondering?..cause im really rdy :)
This does not make you a horrible person. After loosing my son i saw my partner dressing our lost son and instantly thought i could not go my life not having a baby with this man.  He was amazing during labour and after we knew matthew had died he was an incredible support.   Like my matthew your little one will know how much you loved her and wanted her. She will never be forgotten and will be in your thoughts and hearts forever.  Wanting an other baby will give you a focus and the next one with be a little extra special as he/she will have a little of your lost baby.
If your ready to have an other baby make sure you feel like your body is ready to cope with n other pregnancy so soon. You dont want to have complications if your body is not ready.  But if you feel back in perfect health and your dr agrees then good luck hun.  Im looking to try again around october, only because i had a painfull sicky pregnancy and need time to recover internally x
In april this year I lost my baby at 27
In april this year I lost baby at 27weeks I was told by another doctor that I needed a stitch
20/08/11 i gave birth prematurely at 28week and 4 days to a gorgeous baby boy who weighed 2lb12oz, I had premature rupture of the membranes caused by a water infection we believe, My son was alive for 7 days and then died rather unexpectedly and without clear reason on the 27/08/11, it is only now that the hospital have requested a post mortem as they believe it was a fault in his long line so the day of his funeral i had to choose to prospone it so they can look further into his death... im devastated, i ask every day why me and why my son, my faith in god is low as icant believe i have the rest of my life to face without him, im in a world of hurt and desparate to be a mummy moreso his mummy.... my heart is with you all
I lose my lil girl June 24,2011 and I waited to after I had her to started back having sex I been having unprotected sex for the last month I camed on my period one time my nippies are hurting my stomach getting hard a lil bit I eat ice cream like every order day can. U help me do I need to take a pregnant test or what my grandma saying her tooth hurt tell me something
6 weeks ago i went into premature labour at 24 weeks, i lost my beautiful baby boy we called him Oscar he was born on 8/8/11 and fell asleep shortly after. Me and my partner didnt think we could have children we tried for 2 years unsuccessfully. So plan B was to get infertility treatment we were at top of waiting list which took us 3 years to get to so when i fell pregnant naturally, i was ecstatic. Now i feel like my heart has been ripped out, i miss him so much. I am desperate to fall pregnant again. but i am so frightened that it isnt goin to happen or the same thing will happen again. I was bleeding alot up until a week ago, so we have started trieing, well not dwelling on it too much but am not goin to use any contraception.
P.S i am so sorry for all your losses!
Reading all of your stories, has brought tears to my eyes. I gave birth to my beautiful son, David Chameleon Dale, on August 25th 2011 3:38 a.m. I was only 23 weeks and 3 days. He weighed 1.6 lb and 12 1/2 inches long. He was the most beautiful baby I personally have ever seen. I didnt have any complications in my pregnancy until 3 days before i delivered him. He is my first born. He made it for two days, he was doing outstanding. They didnt have to help him completely with oxygen he was a fighter. The nurses told me they had never seen a "23 weeker" fight like he was. He moved around so much he was so active. And he kept pulling on his heartbeat monitors everytime the nurse turned around he would pull em right back off :) it makes me smile, but yet very sad to think about it.  The last night i was in the hospital NICU called me and told me i needed to come down. It was 4:19 a.m when i got the call. He had lost blood, he had to have a transfusion. And i watched my baby lay there with a team of nurses just rushing around him taking vitals checking his lungs doing all that they could. for him. i felt like a p.o.s. mom to be honest because there was nothing i could do for my little boy. His vitals had all dropped but they picked back up within two hours. I was released the that morning around 10, spent atleast an hour with him before i was finally able to walk out the doors. I was out to eat, and got a phone call that i needed to come back in. It was very important i get there as soon as possible. I had to take a 15 minute cab ride back. the longest ride of my life. I knew something was wrong and something in my heart told me my son was going to go to heaven. My husband tried reassuring me it was going to be ok and i told him i knew, bc i was his mother, i was connected to him. i knew what was happening. i could just feel it. When we got there the nurses explained that he had been bleeding on the brain. And they showed us an ultra sound. And i lost it. They didnt have to say anything else. His left lobe was completely engulfed in blood and the right didnt have very much to go. they said he could make it hours or days. But we chose to take his life support off of him. Part of me wanted to be selfish and keep him for as long as possible. But the mother part of me said you cant let your child suffer like this. We got family together as soon as possible, had the chaplain come and baptize him while he was laying on my chest, it was the first time i ever got to hold my baby... he held onto the edge of my shirt. it was the sweetest thing in the world. when his father held him, we decided to take his breathing tube out. and they gave him a little bit of morphine so he wouldnt feel pain and it wouldnt be a struggle for him. He passed away and took his last breath on his fathers chest. This was the hardest thing i have ever gone thru. And i would not wish this pain on my worst enemy. Never in a million years. This feeling has left a hole inside of me. I have only had two dreams of him. And they were amazing. and a very unexplainable thing happened. but that is way more to type.. sorry i typed so much, i am crying my eyes out right now. I didnt sleep from the time i had him until after he passed away. i couldnt. i had to have an epidural. Mybody was so exhausted and i was basically numb until i went home, then i had physical pain on top of all of the emotional pain. I feel for anyone who has ever gone thru this and i wish they never have to again. I hope that all of our little angels are in heaven now and are watching us. I hope that all of our little angels are playing together and laughing and smiling away. I hope they found peace. And i know all of us are hurt, but still thankful for the time we did have with them. Feeling them kick and move inside of us is an indescribable feeling i think. we bond with them from the very moment we find out we have been blessed with them. Good luck and keep your hearts strong. They lay on our pillow with us when they sleep. They watch us each day. They know just as we do, that the love is unconditional. will never be forgotten or lost.
I am also very sry for all of u ladies losses and struggles. Reading these posts has made me realize how truly blessed I am. 8yrs ago I gave birth to a beautiful smart little boy, Carter. He was born Nov 6, 2002 then rt after Carter I gave birth again n Nov 6, 2003. Yes u read correctly my son got a lil sis on his 1st bday. Wow idk tht I culd pull tht off again. Both were smooth healthy pregnancies. Kierra is a beautiful healthy lil grl. Carter is the class clown and very bright. I was not put on bed rest with my daughter. As a matter of fact I'm a dance instructor so I taught dance for 9mo straight with both pregnancies. Its so very poss to get preg rt after 1 preg. Now I am 11wks preg with my 3rd 8yrs later. I'm having many diff complications with this preg. I'm scared! I can't sleep for worrying all the time. My cardio output is only 3.8 wen its supose to b 5.0 at thus stage in preg. I have to get tht number up. So wat tht means is tht there's not enuf blood pumping to the uterus. Thts not gud. Every preg is very diff. And reading ur stories have made me more nervous and worried. Its so scarry not knowing. Ant advice wuld b very helpful. And I thank all of u for urs and for ur stories. Take care and gud luck! Wishing all of u h & h 9mo and lots of baby dust! Thx
I lost my son Tajhari at 39wks he was a healthy 8lbs 7onces,the doctors all told me he was healthy and saw nothing wrong with him and he just died he would have been my 4th child and the only one i worked up till my time with he was a breeze i looked perfect preganant and i enjoyed the full 9mths with no probs at all he was my dream pregancy i delivered him vaginally and it was very hard to do i hurt like hell and my midwife was horrible to boot as well.that was the hardest most painfully experience i feel everyday i relive it all the time i look at other people and wonder why i dont have my son to be with me i shud be doing things with him and i nio longer have a baby anymore,my partner said we could try again and it made me feel better then he changed his mind now i am devastated about the whole ordeal all over again i have no answers to none of my questions and i am sad even more now.ps to all those who went thru a similar experience i wish u all the best and those trying goodluck i wish i could try again ,
HI I recently loss my baby on sept 18, 2011 at only 17 weeks and i cant recover from it. i cry everyday all i do is look at his pic . i iknow a baby will never replace another but i want to get pregnant so badly :(
I feel a deep compassion for all of you. It never happened to me but I felt your tears. I wanted to let you know, that in Islam, I am a muslima, the Prophet said, that when a baby or child dies, he/she stops before entering into heaven. When the angels ask them why, they ask for their mommy and daddy to come with them, they do not want to enter without them. When the angels then tell them that they will be reunited with their parents, only then will they enter. God never breaks his promise! I know it sounds harsh, but one blessing comes form your child leaving this Earth too early: you will be going to Heaven to be reunited. Hope this helps. Now I do not want to sound too religious, I am a convert, but please God does have a purpose for all of us. Do not despair, there is a life after this one. You may have "lost" your treasure in this one, but you will certainly have it again in the next. God bless all of you and your babies!
I want to try for another baby but i dont no if its the right time to i was 38 weeks pregnant and my son passed away the problem that holding me back is being sceard of it happning again it was a low risk pregnancy what should i do? He was my first
Hello all,i stumbled on this blog while looking for information on when soon to get pregnant after a delivery.I empathize with all the mothers who have lost their babies.It's really painful.I lost my baby daughter also, she was born at 26 weeks and 5 days,she was only 4 weeks old before she passed on.I did not even get to see her physically or touch her or even go through the labour.I took ill with swine flu/H1N1 influenza in the 24th week of her pregnancy and had to be admitted.Conventional mechanical ventilation didnt work so ECMO was the last resort.I was placed in a medically induced coma so was unconscious during the procedure.One day the nurses noticed fluid and the O and G team were called.An examination was done and it revealed that i was about 5cm dilated,so i was taken to theatre for an emergency c/s while still in the medically induced coma.The baby was placed in intensive care.
        The ECMO worked and i was weaned off oxygen and made conscious however i was still too weak to see her in intensive care,i also was in intensive care.About 5 days after being conscious i was told that she had developed sepsis,pnuemonia (pneumonia) and the life support was no longer effective or something to that nature.They sought permission to remove the life support.So i never even saw my child,my husband however took pictures while she was in intensive care
     Life has its own challenges.I know that God has a reason for everything.My Heavenly Father plans it all.Right now i am recuperating.I had to relearn how to walk because of my long stay in intensive care(i was on hospital admission for 61 days).I lost weight, a total of 10kgs.
        I dont want to wait,i want to try again.God bless us all.Find the inner strength in you.We will have a little angel again.
I just lost my daughter. I had the same problem you did with a weak cervix but lost her at 20 weeks. I'm feeling like I have to get pregnant again soon too. I had to deliver her on oct 6th. My doctors were pretty firm in saying we should wait till January before we can try again. They said by then my body should be healed and I would have enough iron and folic acid in my system to better take care of the baby when I do get pregnant again. I'm so sorry you had to go through this too. It's such a terrible thing.
i have read all the stories here and i know exactly how you all feel.  I have been following your posts for the last 3 months but haven't been able to write anything until now.  I lost my baby on aug 28th 2011.  He was born at 23 weeks and only survived a day.  I think about him everyday.  We are trying for another baby.  I feel so desperate to hold a baby.  Everybody around me is pregnant.  Friends, cousins everyone.  It's so difficult seeing them.  I hope all of you did manage to have another baby and everything went well with your later pregnancies.  Please post your developments on how things are going.  I find it gives me strength reading your stories. x
Hi i to just lost my beauitful little boy on the 3rd of october 5lb 2oz at 36 weeks due to cord being round hes neck 4times we named him harrison i ask every day why me?? why my little harrison?? hes due date was on the 30th of october which is the day i lost my dad 6 years ago so that day is such a heartbreaking day i had such a awful pregancy bleeding up in till i was 14weeks then at 20weeks they found a rare defect problem at the scan harrison had the corpus callosum missing which is bundles of fibes im the brain cut the story short from then i had every test goin the amo test two mri scans and like 20 scans under the womans top hospital in birmingham every thing came back fine part from harrison just had this missing cuz normally there means other problems with the corpus callosum missing which would mean 80% chance that harrisom would have no problems 20% he mite have some learning problems at 32 weeks they discharged me and told me i could now enjoy my pregancy this was tueday harrison died on the sunday me and my sister are so close she is preganat and is due in 14 days its so hard she dont no the sex all i can think about is getting preganant and is missing a massive part in my life life can be so hard at times just want to share my story with you xxxx
Hi we recently lost our baby at 23 weeks.we started trying 2 weeks afterwards.I have just had to get a course of augmentin as I got an infection as it was so early.just be careful.I think my body wants me to heal first although I know your body is really fertile after a pregnancy which is why we wanted to try straight away
hello I've just lost a baby on 7th dec which had downs and i had to give birth to baby. it was a girl she was so beautiful . she was my first baby. I'm now wanting to have a baby again how soon can i try no one has said wait 6weeks just been told i can have sex when i feel I'm ready. i know I'm due for a check up in six weeks can anyone help me many thanks.
forgot to mention my baby was 18weeks many thanks
I lost my son right after birth too. I'm trying to do the same thing. I need the same answers. Can u help me out
Hello!
I just had my daughter about 4 weeks ago, i came across this while researching on if i can get pregnant after birth, i had a c-section with mia on november 27th. my husband & i started having unprotected sex 2 weeks after mia's birth. I think i'm pregnant i have the same symptoms as my first  but idk if its possible. i am not ready for this mia is a handful! any ideas?

Reading all of these stories is helping me be less afraid to deal with what has happened.  First of all I would like to say to each one of you that has had to struggle with losing a child that I am so sorry for your loss.  I recently went full term with a beautiful little girl.  She past away after 5 short hours.  I asked my doctors all the questions that I could possibly think of so that when the time came I would be ready.  I wanted to make sure that my second child would not be a "replacement baby" for the first, but instead a second chance from God.  My Maria will never be forgotten or replaced.  I am 28 years old and I have waited my entire life to become a mother.  My doctors told me that if I wait 3 months that is good, 6 months is better, and a year is ideal.  I lost Maria on November 28, 2011.  I plan on starting to try for another child on March 1, 2012.  My doctors and midwives all agreed that my time frame is acceptable so long and I make sure to work extra Calcium and Iron into my diet.  I also have to keep taking my prenatals and fish oils everyday as well as a folic acid.  Take care of yourself and make sure to think of how healthy you want your future children to be.  My Maria deserves to see her brothers and sisters be happy and healthy.  Good Luck!  
Hi Sonya,
I am so sorry for your loss, I am 29 and have recently lost a baby on the same day as you her name was Isabella and I carried her to 35 weeks. we found out in November she had a twisted bowel but the doctors made me believe she would survive and be operated on but may not survive the op!!!
It's nice to know I'm not alone knowing there is others who are feeling the same emptiness as me. Good luck to all of you ladies and remember the more pressure you put on getting pregnant the less likely it will happen. Your body will get pregnant when it's ready.
im going through the same thing, as you my baby boy was 16 weeks and 3 days when he died in side me and i had to give birth to him i didnt find out till the day before i was ment to be 21 weeks pregnant so he was dead inside me for 3 weeks it was horrinle when i found out and had to give birth but i just wont to get over it and try again for a bbaby ive been tryeing 1 week and a half now and i gave birth to him two weeks ago, i know some people might think that it sick but me and my fiance want to try again as he goes to afgan in march, and we want to try before he goes, im scared also incase something happens to the next baby but my midwife siad they would wotch me all the time and have proper scans done to make sure nothing wrong, but im scared also i hope it dosent happen to u or me again , i have been looking to see how long it woukld takw to gett pregnant if i am bleeding still but, i cant find nothing if you find out could u let me know please x
Reading all of your stories helped me a lot. I just gave birth to my twin girls last January 20, 2012, but they did not survive because they were just too immature at 23 weeks. My first twin girl, Hope, lived for 2 hours. She is just too little but she is a fighter. She even cried and looked at her dad and uncle just before she passed away. My second baby, Faith, she was stillborn. She died because her cords strangled her. I thought we had a healthy pregnancy. But then during the 3D ultrasound, the doctor said that one of the babies have no heartbeat. It is just too painful and we were hoping that the doctor is wrong and the machine is wrong. But then God has other plan for us. We had them cremated and we had a shrine in our house for them, and I made a scrapbook of their ultrasound pictures. We want to have kids soon. I just miss my two girls, somersaulting in my tummy. We now have two angels in heaven right now. God bless all of us.
Hello roancutie&hello all,
It's still very hard for me to talk about it but our stories are so similar that i really feel i need to say something... just like you, i also lost my twin girls at almost 23weeks. That was on January 5, 2012. I was so happy&excited and I too believed that everything was going fine. My first one, Cecilia was born breathing but passed soon after that...my second one, Iris was born breathing and being very active(for a premature baby) but unfortunately made it for about 2days. At the hospital just before the delivery the doctors had tried to stop it with med but unfortunately it didn't stop.So far nobody can really explain why that happened. They just say that a multiple pregnancy it self is considered to be a ''high risk'' pregnancy. We cremated our babies together and received the ashes about a week ago but i still haven't found the strength to open the box. I really think i won't be able to do it for a while...i made the decision to do it only if i ever find i'm pregnant again. Me and my husband want sooo much to get pregnant again. Nothing will ever replace our love for our two little Angels! I really hope that God not only is taking good care of them but also that soon will bless us again with having more babies! Thanks and God bless
I'm so glad I found this website, as I lost my little boy.
My little angel Jayden James was born on the 18th January 2012 at 10:14 am weighing 1lb 4oz. He was 33cm long and was so perfect so so beautiful that I knew he was far to beautiful for earth. Me and my partner had been trying for 2 years, we thought we couldn't have babies, and when god blessed us we were over the moon. I knew deep in my heart that I wasn't this lucky that something was holding me back, but as time went on and I watched and felt my baby grow I loved him more and more each day. At my 12 week scan he was jumping about he even did a backflip the little show off :-) I was so happy and so proud. Everyday my bump would grow and every day I would love him more. At my 20 week scan me and my partner found out he was a little boy, we already picked his name meaning god has heard!  My scan was normal he was a very active baby midwifes always playing chase me lol. After the scan we bought him a few outfits and then a pram I'm the January sales, wat a bargain we got! I couldn't wait to push him round in it he would of been snug as a bug in a rug. Then came the confusion. I received a letter thru the post saying that they had picked up that I had a short cervix on ultrasound. I was taken back a little but there was no immediate panic as I thought it was due to treatment I had on my cervix 3 month before falling pregnant, which my midwife was fully aware of and my doctors and they had no worries with both scans going so well I thought I would ring my midwife on the Monday morning, that might as I lay in bed that night I felt pains in my cervix, but due to never being pregnant before I put them down to my womb growing and since there was no blood I didn't panic, the following morning I woke up and the pains were gone so I thought nothing of it. The next night I had pains again and when mentioning to my mum she told me that I would know if I was having contractions I would be screaming, she told me to ring the hospital if I was really concerned. I thought I was being silly so I thought I would ring my midwive I'm the morning like planned. When I woke up the next morning I felt a little wet like I had a little trickle, I rang my midwive straight away, who told me she could not exam me as I was over 22 weeks I needed to go hospital, so I rang the hospital and arranged to go in for a check up. When I got there I had blood taken and then I had a cervical exam by a woman doctor who told me that I was 3cm dilated. My heart sank the room went dizzy I panicked so bad and before I knew it I was being examined by another doctor who told me I was 3-4cm dilated and my waters were bulging. My head was spinning, my partner was miles away as he was at his army camp, I couldn't do this on my own. I was emediately admitted to the delivery ward, where I was told an hour later that If my baby was born at 22 weeks 4 days the would not survive and that they would not help him, he would be left to die. I couldn't believe wat I was hearing! I was told if I made it to 23 weeks (3 more days) they would help him and give me steroids but not before. I was monitored every 4 hours and was on strict bed rest. All I could hear on the ward was babies crying and still I was happy because my little man was still inside me, he still had his life and he still had his fluid, his heartbeat was so so strong it was just touch and go whether my body could hold onto him. At 23 weeks I was given steroids, and 6 days after that I started dilating again, I was taken down to the delivery suit and my partner was released to be at my side. I was given medication to relax me, it bought me another 12 hours and then they came back and the next morning I delivered a beautiful baby boy so perfect and so long! His skin was so peachy and gorgeous. He was 23 wks and 6 days gestation and he was alive for 10 minutes before the doctor told us the bad news, I knew, I knew he was just to small, far to perfect for earth. Me and my partner cradled him all day, he was our brave little soldier, and nothing can't take that away. We are a broken family but thru this all we have gained strength in each other. We have become so close we are each others rock. We have so many pictures of him he will never be forgotten ever, and no-one will take his place. We had him buried a week later at our local cemetery and gave him the best send off ever. No-one expects to lose their son, not with all the technology that have these days, but I wouldn't want him to suffer, I loved him far too much for that. My parter and I want to leave it atleast 3-6 months before trying again as I want to heal and be ready for many more children to come. God will bless us, like he did before, I'm so proud to be a mum I may of only had 10 minutes but those 10 minutes were the most precious 10 minutes of my life, I rather have that then go a lifetime never having Jayden. God will choose when we have more and we be truly blessed. Sleep tight my little angel, our brave little soldier xxx
Your post was some time ago, but I had to respond.  I just lost our baby boy at 20w, 3d.  This poem was just what I needed today!
i know what you went through sasha. i had my baby at 24weeks due to appendix rupturing and i never brought him home either..... we watched him fight for 3 days and at the end he was our little angel! me and my husband are trying again and your more likely to conceive right after birth. my ob-gyn told us to try as soon as possible and hopefully we will have a beautiful baby boy or girl soon :) good luck in your trials
hi

i last my baby on march21st, 2012 at 14weeks.  she died in my womb and doctor picked it when i went for an emergency ultrasound at 18 weeks.  baby was most expected i tried for this for one year but couldn't able to hold it.  i was induced and delivered baby viginally.  me and my husband saw her she still so small i cried like anyhting still crying days are not passing easily.  this is my second baby i have a 6 years old but pain is pain it hurts me so much i felt i am so unlucky am scared that i will never have second child.  me and my husband started trying for another one as i am in desperate to fill the emptyness.  i was in love with my baby i still love her for my whole life.  i want to get pregant as soon as possible but is it possible for me to get pregnant soon caz first time it took 1 year pls advice
hi I just lost my baby boy on march 17,2012 and I had sex on april 5,2012 and I was wondering could I get pregnat this soon?
Wow sorry bout your loss I just had my baby girl on April 9 and had sex on april 27 dont know what I was thinking just so  horney
I lost my son at 39 weeks on 30th March 2012. My due date was 8th April2012. He was just a week away to be born healthy in to this world. I went for usual checkup on the 28th March. Doctor said that he is doing good but when I went to GH on the 30th March, there was no heart beat. He passed away suddenly. No postmortem done in  Ipoh General Hospital and I don't even know the cause. Sometimes, I regret for trusting GH and there is no humanity there. The doctor said it is unexplained and not because of gestational diabetes but the nurses said because of GD. But my GD was under control there was no reason for this to occur. In fact, there were no doctors during the labour.  He was our first baby and we were so excited about him.My husband and I are married for 4 years and he is 33 and I'm 32. I had been praying all the while to God to give me a healthy baby but i felt cheated.We were so devastated and anger filled our minds. I asked why us? Didn't we ask You,God? What are our sins? Why are we punished like this?  I was induced on 31st March and my son was born sleeping on 1st April 2012. We named him Ryan Santhana Raj. He was so sweet ad cuddly. I just couldn't forget the moment where my baby was placed on my breast breathless and motionless. I could hear other babies born crying in the labour room but mine no sound. I prayed to God to take my life away at that moment. When I saw my son, I burst out and asked him my must you leave us. He was so beautiful and perfect. There is an emptiness in my soul that I can't explain. Most of my colleagues and relations gave birth in the same month. I'm on maternity leave now and I don't know how am I going to face them.I am very sad that I don't have my Ryan in my arms whom I've been waiting for so long. I couldn't control myself from  crying when I look at babies and pregnant ladies. I feel like the whole world is against me. I wanted a baby urgently now not to replace my son but my son back to me because no one can replace him. I'm just asking God to forgive all my sins and give me second chance to have my own baby. I am looking forward to conceive again with God's grace.

I just had my baby 4weeks a go and I had sex 2week befoure my daughter was 4week now I'm scared... What do I do
yes please keep trying as it is my personal experience i got pregnant right after my mc in april 2011 and got pregnant in june 2011 and now i have my boundle of happiness my baby boy in my arms i waited for him 7 years after 3 mc.
we had unprotected sex and i am feeling like i am pregnant again, if iam i will celebrate it again i wish you too a happy n healthy pregnancy
On April 5th, 2012 I went in for a scheduled C-section and they couldnt find my baby's heartbeat and an u/s confirmed that he had passed away!! I felt him move the night before like at 9/10pm I mean moving like crazy. I was put to sleep to deliver because I couldn't bear not hearing him cry!!! This was my 6th pregnancy but only 4th delivery, 2miscarriages, 3 living boys, 1 38 1/2wk stillborn boy. After giving birth to a healthy(what i mean i had no visible signs of fetal distress, placenta abrution, wrapt umbilical cord, nothing) 7lbs 2oz 19 3/4" baby boy who we named Jaqnel Alexander Rivera Rodriguez. Because there was no reason inside of me for why he passed, he had to have an autopsy done. His autopsy came back in 2wks(the longest 2wks in my life) and showed he died of lack of oxygen but there was no sign of it and the way my doctor said basically he had no medical reason to die all he could figure is that maybe he fell asleep on his cord and cut his supply off. But it was determined that our little boy died just within hours of delivery. Yesterday he would have been 8wks old and its not getting easier just harder to deal with his loss. I am not on bc nor do i want to be( I had planned to have a tubal after Jack's birth but because he was stillborn myself, my husband, my mother, and even my doctor refused one). I have yet to have a period and a part of me doesnt care if i get pregnant but another part is scared!!! Cuz if I can carry a perfectly healty boy to term just for him to die for unknown reasons then ANYTHING is possible!!! I am blessed and lucky to have such supportive and loving family and friends but sometimes they arent enough to help through this pain. I also have had the pleasure of becoming friends with a mother who lost her little girl just 4 days after I lost Jack she was 35wks and had placenta abruption. Both of our little angels are laid to rest next to each other!!!

Amanda Rivera
Hey CarsynsMom, I'm going through the same thing you are. I gave birth to a full term "healthy" 8lbs 10oz baby girl who past away 2weeks later from an undetected condition until afterbirth. I definitely want another child asap but my husband is also scared of us trying again. I was wondering how things work out with your husband and bearing another child? Do you have any advice..
were the same we lost our baby boy 2 days after he was born and the doctors still dont know why he was 38weeks and perfect  he just stopped feeding in the day then died at night its so scary as to try again as we wont get any tests back for 7 months and i couldnt cope with this happening again
I too just lost my little angle at 21 weeks on 6-11-12 i started cramping and went to the docs they did an ultrasound and said her heart had stopped and i was already in labor... she was just fine with a heart beat of 150 a week before so it was so hard to except the fact she was gone... i went to the hospital around 6 that evening and had her at 8:40 she was so perfect she looked just like a little doll i just finally got the autopsy results back and there was nothing wrong with her so they dont know what happened, i have an 8 yeasr old daughter and i also had 2 misscarriges within the last 3 years before i just lost my last baby but she was the longest one i carried before i lost her to the docs still cant tell me whats wrong and why this keeps happing and now im scared to try again. has anyone had this happen and still had a healthy baby eventually?
On June 12th, 2012 I lost a son named Chauncey Kentrell Jackson. He is the first boy from my husbands side to carry on the Jackson name. That past Sunday night I experienced a lot of peeing which they say is normal due to the baby being on your bladder. I peed almost every hour that night and go little to no rest. When I text other mother's they told me that it was normal. I went to the restroom and sat on my favorite chair. Suddenly a gush of liquid poured out of me as if I peed on myself. I knew that something was wrong and called my mother (who took off a half a day to check on me due to previous complications). I next tried to reach my husband but I couldn't get in touch with him right away. So I text him instead, the doctors at first thought the liquid was peed. I gushed again but it took a nurse to confirm that it was the amniotic fluid.

I had two choices; go home with antibiotics and hope for the best or deliver now with assistance from the hospital. Chauncey was 20 weeks 2days when I finally gave birth to him. June 12, 2012 is a day I will never forget and will tell the memory to our future kids. It isn't easy and some days are harder to take then others. One thing I do know is that Chauncey is in heaven playing with the other children up there. I thank God for every kick, elbow rub against my stomach, and even the chance to conceive life. God didn't promise to save or let my child live a full life but he did give him a wonderful place to live eternity. That is something I could never provide for my son (Eternal Home). I love and miss you Chauncey....... one day I'll be able to hold you. God bless all these women on this forum because sharing your stories makes me stronger by the second. God Bless!
its highly likely u can get caught again straight away after giving birth its a most fertile period for u ur mid wives shud of explained dat for 1 u needed to wait 6 weeks before having sex so ur body can have a chance to heal abit  and then preferably sort out some protection then start finking about sex u most be extremely cautious at this time in ur life u might be best to go see ur doctor? xx
Im so sorry to hear about all of your losses. I understad the emptiness that you all feel nside. I have suffered it twice. March 30th, 2010 I gave birth to Illiana Chalean at 21 week and she passed minutes later and more recently on July 30th, 2012 I gave birth to De'Lyla Rene who was born at 19 weeks and died minutes later. I have two boys: De'Wayne-3 1/2 years old and De'Marcus-8 months old. If it were not for them I would be even more lost or admitted to a mental hospital. Just know that these babies went straight to heaven and were taken from us for a reason. This quote helped me thru these hard empty times:"An Angel in the book of life wrote down my baby's birth. And whispered as she closed the book "too beautiful for earth."
~Author Unknown
my wife gave birth 2 weeks ago and we had sex today trying for #2 is she likely to get preg
We lost our daughter b/c I gave birth at 20 weeks, just a few weeks ago.  Were you pregnant again?  Is there hope for us?  Should I just give up?  
I just gave birth 3 months ago n im 8 weeks pregnant now I had a hard pregnancy with my last baby because at 20 weeks I start contracting n had it off n on n was put on bed rest for the rest of my pregnancy. I found out around 3 weeks just worried I didnt have sex untill my 7weeks after I gave birth n then my period came 2times one week apart in july . Im just worried my body isnt ready I much sicker n my lower belly area it hurts some times feels tender It there anything I should be worried about ive never been through this my two first kids r 2years apart n my 3rd is 3years from the second born
Great Great Great Post! You shared a new perspective and I appreciate it! This is coming years after your post and I dont know if you will ever see this but I appreciate your words.
This was an amazing poem, thank you for posting.
The same thing happened to me, I had unprotected sex just before my son  was 6 weeks, a week ago. Im not ready to get pregnant so soon.Did it happen to you? I finished bleeding around 4 weeks and breatfeed 99% of the time( just started bottle feed once a day so he can gain weight, docs orders) I just started bleeding slightly, so im not sure whats going on?
i understand what u are goin through. i gave birth to my first child in the morning of november 6 2012 at 40 weeks vaginally. it was the happiest moment of my life. every one was so happy for me and my husband since we have been trying for so long. then during that same night he started having difficulty breathing and we had no idea what was going on. we had to have a heart specialist  come and he diagnosed my beautiful baby boy with hypoplastic left heart syndrome where the left side of his heart did not develop properly. we were devestated becase we did a detaled ultrasound at 5 monts of preg. and nothing showed. we were going to transport him to another hospital to have surgery done but he passed away on nov. 7 at night before he even reached the other hopital. i think about him every day and miss him sooo much, but thank god for everything and i know he has a reson for this. im hoping to get pregnent again soon but am wating for 6 wks to pass so my body can heal a bit.
lost my daughter at 32week and its 1week now. i really do want to get pregnant.how do i do that
Hmmm.... this is all so similar to me. My daughter will b a month old Sunday. Me and my husband had sex like a week after I had her. What's tha possibility that I'm pregnant again?
Sasha the same exact situation your going through i am too. N i feel the same way
Yes! Do not give up...God is a good God!  We lost a little girl at 19.5 weeks over 3 years ago.  I started spotting two days before Christmas & when we went to check on the baby there was no heartbeat.  She was delivered on December 28, 2008.  This past year on December 7th we had a little boy.  We tried, prayed & begged God for another child.  It took two years & two miscarriages before we were able to carry this baby to term.  It is a roller coaster ride but turn to him and do not give up.  I am still in utter disbelief as I look down at him...that GOd answered our prayer!  
It's so lovely to find this thread. I have been truly touched by your stories. I too have a story to share, i unfortunatly have lost not ONE baby but TWO.

On February 7th 2003 - 24 weeks gestation -  i went into premature labour giving birth to a baby girl, Megan, weighing 1lb4oz. She lived for 3 hours but was too premature that even with ventilators etc her survival rate was about 10%. It took me a long time to recover and feel ready to have another baby but in May 2012 i found out i was pregnant.
I was told it was like a first time pregnancy because it had been 9 years since i'd lost my baby girl. I had a normal healthy pregnancy and found out that i was expecting a boy.
At 27 weeks gestation my cervix began funelling - i left the hospital after having steroids. Due to the previous pregnancy they discovered that i was in silent labour (having contractions etc but not feeling any pain) and had a weak cervix but they couldn't put in the cerclage because i was too far into the pregnancy. Then at 30 weeks gestation my cervix was opening. Had more steroids and was admitted to hospital for a week. I reached 35 + 1 weeks gestation by being on bed rest and using pessarys to stop/slow down contractions. But by this time my placenta was failing  and my baby's growth was becoming restricted so my consultant broke my waters at 7.15pm on 20th Dec 2012 and at 8.52pm on 20th Dec 2012 i had my baby boy Wyatt weighing 3lbs 4oz. Breathing on his own and strong just small. He was in SCBU for 18 days. We came home on 7th January 2013 and had 3 wonderful weeks. My baby boy reached 6lbs 5oz, was healthy on his 6 week check up - just had a sniffly nose which doctors weren't worried about (i bugged them constantly about this) On February 1st 2013 i woke to find my baby boy had passed away. I performed CPR and the paramedics and hospital staff worked on him for an hour to try and revive him but he didn't have enough oxygen in his blood. I miss him every second i am awake and i dream that he is still here when i sleep. Nothing will ever replace him or his big sister and i understand the need to have a baby. I am already trying to get pregnant again, 8 weeks after having Wyatt. I've already had a period and have been ovulating from 4 weeks after giving birth. I always wanted children close in age.
This website is amazing..I stumbled upon this site by accident looking for other information. I know the pain that all of you women feel. Last month jan 27,2013 I gave birth to my beautiful baby girl at 40 weeks and 3 days. I had a compelty healthily pregnancy with no complications. The night before I went into labor my daughter was moving and kicking just fine(very active baby) I woke up at 5 am from contractions. I called my doctor and she told me to come into the hospital. I felt my daughter kick when I got in the shower and in the car once, by the time I reached the hospital they couldn't find a heartbeat..I didn't believe it, they gave me 2 ultrasounds by 2 different people just to make sure it was correct, and there it was..something I never imagined happening, my daughters heart had stopped beating. After giving birth to her vagainally we learned that she had gotten wrapped in her umbicial cord..it was wrapped so tightly around her neck and arm. I have a 5 year old son who was so happy to become a big brother. I'm so heart broken..my sister and I were pregnant together just 4 weeks apart..3 weeks after Losing my daughter my sister gave birth to my niece..I'm happy for her but I still can't connect with my niece because I'm missing my own daughter so much. I don't want to take away from sister but I'm still grieving and I don't know how to deal with my loss and be happy for my sister at the same time. This site really made see that I am not alone..I had never heard of anyone losing a baby at full term..I was so confused but now I know I am not alone.
My prayers are with all you women may our beautiful babies rest well and live in paradise with our Heavenly Father.
I gave birth to my son 2-16  and I stop bleeding 3 weeks after. I thought it was ok to have sex again once I stop bleeding which the stay at home nurse told me it would be ok.  Bad thing is I didn't use  protection, and i know they say the pull out method doesn't 100% work but I was wounding if he didn't *** inside me is their a chance I can still get pregnant??  
I thought that I found this site by mistake and quickly learned that it was a blessing. I have read everyones post and I am truly sorry for each and every loss(I cried so hard). I cry because I too share in your pain ladies.

I gave birth on January 27, 2013 to 2 twin boys Alexander @ 2:34pm and Alex @ 2:47pm. They came at exactly 20weeks and lived for about 2hrs.Then my 2 angels went right back to heaven. Prior to their delivery, I was in pain for a week during work and while at home. To the point of just being in the bed all day and taking tylenol. On January 23, I had gone to the hospital to get my twins anatomy US and to my surprise twin A was doing a nose dive into my pelvic area. This caused great concern for me, the doctor shortly came in to talk to me about the US, she simply said that she wanted me to come back in 2wks for the same kind of US to get better pictures.
The next day I was in bed again with pain, I called the hospital and they told me as long as you don't see any blood or fluid you should be fine. I was told this all three times that I called, finally I see blood in my urine and the nurse told me to come in.(I was panicking) I get to the hospital and they tell me that I have dialeted 2cm and the pain that I was feeling were contractions. I was then given everything to stop the contractions, and put on extreme bedrest, the next morning Jan 25th I recieved the worst news of my life. I was told that I was still dialting and that I would possibly deliver once they stop the medication, that sadly wasn't working for me. I was taken into a labor and delivery room, and the reality of all of this had began to sink in. My doctor sent in a neonatal doctor to explain to me that my twins would not survive if they are born at 20weeks.
Sunday January 27th I gave birth vaginally to my twins, this is my first pregnancy! Alexander came out first and then Alex came 14 minutes later, and I pushed him out and the whole room (my family) all sounded surprised at something. And I felt it then looked down and my baby Alex was still inside of his sack. We all watched him swim and kick for a little bit, and shortly after he joined his brother on my chest. It was the most amazing and beautiful experience. I was blessed to keep them in my presence for 24 hours, I held them and kissed them and told them that I love them soooo very much. They were in my sight from the time that they came here to the time that I left the hospital. From happiness to heartbreak, and my heart is truly broken. All I can think about is having more babies immediately. I have the most blank expression across my face when I see a pregnant woman, and its a terrible feeling that comes along with this expression. Not to mention everyone around me is delivering or have delivered their baby or babies without complications, and I am truly happy for them I just wish that I could have done the same with my twins. I will pray for peace and more babies with God's grace for all of you including myself ladies.
Alexander & Alex please know that mommy loves you both!
wow i thought,that,only haopend to me on march 1 2013 my son was born he was bot supose to come untill april 15 but he came and he didnt make it tied up in his courd but i kept asking,my self WHY WHY.ME WHY DID U HAVE,TO,TAKE MY BABY but i see,it can happen to anybody i want another baby asap it,will,help the pain  stay stroung and keep your head upand know thay they are looking down at us
I know this is an old post, I just went through EXACTLY what you went through. Our baby was born 23 weeks last week and died. I'm heartbroken, but at the same time want to have another baby. Did you ever have another baby?
I LOST MY FIRST BORN SON ON 25 MARCH 2013 AT 39 WEEKS. HE WAS A STILLBORN WITH UNKNOWN REASON. WE DIDNT HAD AN AUTOPSY. IM SO HEART BROKEN. I WANT TO TRY FOR ANOTHER BABY ASAP. HAD MY FIRST PERIOD PP ON 23  MAY. WE JUST STARTED TO TRY FOR ANOTHER BABY JUST TO FILL UP THE VOID.....
IS IT CORRECT THAT UR MORE FERTILE AFTER GIVING BIRTH. IT TOOK ME 2 AND A HALF YEARS TO GET PREGNANT WITH THIS BABY. HOPE IT DOSENT TAKE THIS LONG THE NEXT TIME.
I lost my son may 30th 2013 at 10:12 am. My dude date was may 26. I was 40 weeks and 4 days. I woke up around 5am and I was in so much pain I didn't feel my baby moving I was terrified. I tried calling my son's father but couldn't get a hold. I took a cab to the hospital I was 3 cm dilated I was scared and alone my baby's heart had stopped. As I was pushing him I was upset I was alone I was excited because I thought my baby was still alive. My son came out at 10:12am and I didn't hear him cry then the doctors come to me with a sad look and I knew what it was I asked to hold him I kissed his feet and lips and said goodbye which was the hardest thing I have ever had to do. I even escaped from the hospital I didn't want to be there anymore I don't know what I was thinking or what was going thri my head I was in so much pain and still am. I didn't have an autopsy or a body to bury and that's something I will always regret. I really hope u succeed in having a new baby. I did the mistake of have sex less then a week after giving birth and maybe is my mind playing tricks but I think I might be pregnant already so I believe is possible and good luck.
I just lost my daughter layla I was full term at my 40 week check up and the midwife couldn't find a heartbeat, I was feeling fine in myself but my blood pressure was really high. I had a horrible labour. but 5 weeks on i'm still bleeding a little but really want to start trying again, how soon is it possible to conceive?
I feel for everyone.  I too lost my daughter baby Meika at 35 weeks this Aug.10.  My baby would move a lot and on the evening of Aug. 6 I wasn't feeling her move so I checked her heartbeat (we bought a Doppler) and I couldn't hear it.  The next morning I had my ultrasound and they found her to have no heartbeat.  They said she had died in the past 24 hours.  I delivered her 3 days later.  She looked like a beautiful sleeping Angel.  I know God has a plan for all of us and it happened for a reason.  I know my dad is taking care of her in heaven.  We haven't got our autopsy results back yet.  Is there a high chance of this happening again if it's happened once?  I want to try to get pregnant again but I'm scared it'll happened again.

I recently gave birth and my baby was still born I want to know what my chances of getting pregnant are if I have sex within the 6week period
As I read all your comments I see im not alone in this I also lost my baby girl last month MAY23 and she was full term 40weeks and it hurts because I feel empty without her but I want to try again but my husband is scared to try again because of what happened to baby girl. But I want to conceive as soon as possible and I know I will.