Maternal & Child Community
Chances of getting pregnant with one tube blocked

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I would like to know what are the chances for me to get pregnante if one of my fallopian tube is bloked and I do not go throught the surgery??  
Is there any financial help for us??
I am confused what type of financial help do you mean. Do you not have insurance??? Many women are able to get pregnant with one tube. The actual surgery has a very low success rate from what I have heard.
I also only have one working fallopian tube, I researched this and initially found you can only get pregnant every other month, but then further resources showed that sometimes the other tube will compensate and will pick up the egg so you can basically still get pregnant every month.
I had a miscarriage last year and I am six months pregnant now, even though one of my tubes is basically shrivelled to nothing.
hope this helps
I have a story to inspire you.  I was on fertility injections which makes you ovulate on both sides, instead of just alternate sides each month, so that ups your chances.  I had a tubal rupture and have just one tube also.  I've done inseminations, but my good follicles were on the right side and my tube in on the left, so no insemination.  But we try ourselves and it worked.  I'm 6 weeks along and the only way I got pregnant was because a follicle (egg) from my right ovary traveled to the left tube to be fertilized.  It can happen!  Good luck.
I learned my tubed was blocked in November.  I also was noted to have hydorosaphalynx fluid in it that may have been spreading down into the uterus killing any chance of conception the previos 14 months.  You should find out if there is any negative fluid in the tube.  This fluid can spread and kill the other tube or cause infection in uterus that can block conception.  We then decided to take 3 months before removing it to go on Chlomid to help me ovulate on both sides.  On the 3rd month we got pregnant.  I was told follicles were on bad side of tube.  HOWEVER, we lost the baby to an ectopic pregnancy in the cervix which is extrememly rare.  Doctors don't know if there was infectino from tube's negative fluid or if I'm an anomoly.  No ending.  That being said, while I had a d&C, I also had the tube removed.  We ended up conceiving a few months after completely naturally once we grieved our previous loss and I healed from the surgery.  Unfortunately, this too ended at 8wks due to a blighted ovum, a 'normal miscarriage' this say.  Point of more story, YES YOU CAN GET PREGNANT WITH ONE TUBE.  My personal plan moving foward when we're ready, is to try naturally a few months, then go on chlomid or injectibles, to help me ovulate on both sides to have a stronger chance.  Hope this helps
I've got one tube blocked along with several other problems... My fertility specialist said the tube block alone actually only decreased chances of conception by something like 7 percent. I was surprised to hear this, and he said the way it's all laid out inside the body the egg actually has a chance of travelling from the ovary on one side into the the opposite tube to travel. I guess in the body they're not so far apart as they appear on diagrams. Anyway, this was last fall and I remember it because I was so surprised. I'd be curious if another doctor would say the same thing. Hope this helps.
I have a friend that only had one ovary.  She had to have one removed when she was only 13 due to trauma.  She's now 24 and had 2 beautiful children.  I know it doesn't have anything to do with the tubes, but it goes to show that as long as one side is functioning, the chances are there.  Good luck!
I just had surgery 2 days ago to remove few cyst below my both side of ovaries. The longest cyst is 8cm long. The dr. advise me to do IVF a month later as my left fallopian tube was badly damage. I am very sad and feel it is end of the world. I am just 27 years old! My husband and I just tried 4 mths and later on i found i have endometriosis when i do ultrasound and pelvis check.
here is my miracle story i had 2 kids by the time i was 19. when my youngest was a few months old i got pid and was told my tubes were to scarred and i would never have anymore children i have never been on any birth control and 18 years past and no pregnancies(and i did try) well i was a few weeks late for my period but i didn't want to take a test because i figured like all the other tests i took it would be negative and i would be devastated but i did take a test and yes it was positive!! i have a beautiful son!! when he was just 8 months old i found out i was pregnant again!!! unfortunately it was twins that were both a tubal in each tube, i had to have one tube removed and i was told the other is very scarred.. i would like one more but the chances are slim I know but on the bright side i have my miracle son when i was told i would never have him, so I am the most grateful proud parent and if i don't get pregnant again i will be okay. i hope everything works out for you i know how hard it is to try and be disappointed every month but the body does wonderful things stay positive!!
Hi, Im 24. I had a PID and did not know. Painful intercourse was due to this as well. I discovered i was pregnant, but only to have the horror of finding out i had a ectopic. My left tube is damage. They however did a tubal abortion and never removed the damaged tube. They thought it could be saved. However i then got endometriosis. They say you can get this from surgery as well. My new gynae decided that surgery was required do to my very bad endo. So they also found out that the left tube was to damage while doing a laparoscopy. They just moved it outt of the way. I however have my right tube and endo. I wanna know if there is hope for me. Im so sad. My husband and i really want to start a family. Please give me advice.
o have a long story. i'm 24 and my husband and i have been happily married for 3 years now. we have been ttc for 2 years to no avail. after i was told i have both tubes blocked and pcos we went for ivf. did that twice, no sucess. we went for another hsg and found one tube was open. but my dr won't do anything untill i lose atlease 30lbs. with pcos, overweight and one tube do i have a chance on my own?
Hi, I have one 10 months old son. He was a gift and a surprise from God when we least expected to conceive a child. Needless to say, we wanted to "try" to see how soon I can get pregnant again in two months and it was achieved. We were really happy and excited again. However, I was diagnosed with ectopic pregnancy at 7 weeks on my right tube as one of those "bad luck" like the doctor say, especially when I am healthy, and never had any STDs. As far as I know, the left side is good and I hope to confirm it with the dr. when I do a follow up. My left tube is my only hope to try for another baby in 6 months...the bottom line, I believe, it's ultimately in the hands of God!
i need help.... LONG STORY SHORT iahd both my children at a very young age (by 21 i had 2 kids, now of which iam 31 and my 2 beautiful children are 11 and 13). after i had my last one i decided that i was not going to have any more children went and had my tubes tied. BIG MISTAKE first i ended up preganant in my tubes 2 years later where they had to take my left tube. Now god has truly blessed me to meet the man of my dreams who loves me and my children unconditionally and would like a baby because he does not have any children.Iam just afraid that it is not possible; right now as iam writing this iam late on my cycle by 4 days, i feel all the little cramps but nothing is comming? i hope iam. Please if anybody has any suggestions or doctors in the NYC area (but my insurance *****!!!!! union job but the insurance it still *****!!!!) PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!! and not for nothing i really want another baby. PLEASE anybody.          
I had a ton of Scar tissue removed from my uterus, tubes bladder etc....
& last week I had a HSG test done, My right tube was completely blocked & my left was a little but the dye cleared the left tube out, It was very painful! My DR. told me I had a very good chance at getting pregnant. We have just started trying so I'm not pregnant yet, but the my DR. told me that even if I ovulate from the right side my left tube can pick it up, he said the working tube has this connection by something that only the good tube gives off that the egg gravitates to.. Sooo keep it positive & good luck!
You can easily get pregnant with one tube. I only have one. Your good tube will pick up the egg from the other side! Amazing huh? Now if both were blocked, then that would be a problem.
Actually I also have one tube and it's not so easy to get pregnant with one (at least for me so far). Only vary small percentage of women have tube that will pick up egg from both sides.
Also you are not ovulating left-right-left-right each month. My fertility doctor says to give it 8 months after the surgery, so I have possibly 4 positive months.
maybe I am just lucky. I have never had a problem getting pregnant. I had a tubal in july, m/c in aug then pregnant in september. So I guess I am the small percentage, even though my ob said your tube will pick up from the other side. He also said you don't alternate sides when ovulating....
I have a fifteen year old and we have been trying to get pregnant for about five years.  I went on Clomid nothing, had the dye nothing, had the surgery to unblock and nothing.  I'm so depressed and dont know what else to do.  I think my husband wants to give up, but I dont.  I dream of babies, I can't imagine giving up this dream and I'm afraid that time will run out.  Now its in God's hand.  I want to try IVF my husband does not.  Now everyone around me has tons of kids and think getting pregnant is so easy and it makes me feel like a failure.
Any suggestions?
does anybody know where i can go in nyc or long isalnd to seek help on having a child. i have one tube left but it is tied (the other i lost due an etopic preganancy). Iam now engaged and my fiance and myself have been trying but to no avail. i have a good job but they do not cover it and doing a ivf is too expensive when you have a mortgage, two kids and day to day living. Please anyone out there any suggestions we really want another baby......... please any suggestions will be GREATLY APPRECIATED...... :)    
Hi portergirl31

you should look into this hospital here is there website http://www.kofinasfertility.com/

i have been going to them for a month now they seem to be very good and caring. they are located in brooklyn not sure if the commute would be bad for you but I live in PA and I think its worth it.
i had my Daughter when i was 16 years old, just a baby myself! i feel i missed out on an awful lot as i was only young and supose i didnt cherish every little detail, since she was born i had been taking really bad pains in my stomach i was up and down to the hospital, they sent me for scans and nothing appeared wrong 5 year later i was taken into hospital again,taken for more scans and i appeared to have had a large cyst on my right ovary had op to get it removed when i woke from op i was told both mmy tubes were all stuck down and damaged from infection after the birth of my daughter i have redently found out from my doctor my left ovary is slightly unblocked wen they did dye test, does this mean i can still have a chance to have a baby?and are the risks really high of an eptopic pregnancy if i do concieve (conceive)???????????????
I have two children; one was born via emergency c-section and the second was a VBAC.  1 year later I started birth control and had a lot of bleeding.  The OB said it was just my body having to get used to it.  Long Story short after 1 1/2 months of pain I found out I was pregnant and it was ectopic.  It was 4 1/2 months and my body started to surround the pregnancy with blood vessels since it had become a foreign body. By this time the mass was the size of a softball and it had attached to my body wall, rectum, bowels, appendix and intestines.  During the surgery they wanted to do a hysterectomy, but an oncologist came in and did a miracle.  He saved my left fallopian and ovary.  Now it had been 1 1/2 years and we have yet to get pregnant.  I think maybe with the scarring of the abdominal surgery etc. that a tube could be blocked.  Because we have 2 children already we do not want to spend a ton of money with fertility....plus insurance would not cover it.  I either want to quit trying and be happy and blessed that I had two healthy boys.......but if we keep trying and physiologically I can not get pregnant I think emotionally each month will get more and more frustrating.
Im so ready to blessed with a baby I know God will heal me of my one tube...
i had hsg and they could only see one of my ovary i dont get that it was there before and it not there now what the ****.. and on the same side the tubes is all miss up and on my left tub the ovary there and that tube could be mess up too
I HAD SURGERY IT WANT GREAT
I had diagnostic laparoscopy when I was 25, found to have one open tube.  Was very nervous to see if I could conceive.  Got pregnant the first month we attempted with baby number 1, then pregnant again five months after he was born with baby number 2, then a surprise about a year or so after he was born.  I was blessed with three amazing sons, all born within three years, one fallopian tube.  Now I am 35, getting remarried and we really want to conceive a child together.  I am hoping and praying that I can do it again.  Hope my story inspires nervous moms to be.  
I got pregnant with only one tube working.

To my surprise my mother called me today (she is 69) has had a CT scan because of abnormal bleeding and she only has one fallopian tube.  The thing is she never knew until today.  My mother was married at 22 and didn't get pregnant until age 28 even though she tried the whole time and then she was pregnant at 31 again with me.

Significantly, both our first pregnancies were ectopic resulting in miscarriages.  My Grandmother also had an early miscarriage with her first baby - must be something genetic.

i am a 34 yr old female with no children yet. i have tried and tried for years to have a healthy conception to no prevail. i have had two tubal pregnancies and only have one tube which is damaged. i recently found out that i also have ovarian cysts which makes getting pregnant even more difficult. i just recently got married and want to have a child now more than ever. my insurance doesn't cover fertility issues (know of any insurance that does). i have a step daughter that we hardly see and there's always the option to adopt, but there's nothing like experiencing child birth for yourself and giving birth from your own wound to a child that will look like you and have your characteristics and your traits. i cry every time my menustration starts. i love God and His word and have faith that He will heal me and allow me to give birth as He ordered woman to in the Garden of Eden. i just started a hope chest and i pray and open and add to the chest often. this makes me feel better and helps me not to give up hope and faith in God that he will bring me out. for those of you who like to read, first of all pick up the Bible and read God's promises concerning childbirth and then pick up a copy of supernatural childbirth by jackie mize. it's very encouraging.
I just had lap last week Tuesday. Found out left tube is blocked. I am devastated! My husband and I have tried since 2003 when I had a h s g that showed scarred tubes. I been treated by two diff fertility docs only to be told to do IVF an loose weight! I lost some weight. Mind u I have PCOS my weight is up and down. Now to have a doc willing to try surgery. Now to be told that I have one tube working. The hardest part is the bad news. I have more faith than anyone I know and reading these miracle stories help a lot. I hope u all continue to post and lift each each other up. I know u lifted me. I will continue to try!
Hopeful !
At the age of 18 i was dating this guy (same age), having unprotected sex, at the age of 19 he was murdered (may he rest in peace). I noticed that i was constantly spotting, i went to a gyn in brooklyn and he just couldnt figure out the problem, he was giving me birth controll pills, pills for iron, pills after pills going there day after day. Then i googled the symptoms and it said to be chlamidea. So i went to the gyn again and asked him to test me for that, it came out posotive. i was devistated, scared, couldnt tell anyone and couldnt call my bf to scream at him beeing that he wasnt alive. The gyn perscribed me some pills my spotting stopped, i changed my doctor. At the age of 20 i met my husband we started dating, I went to a different gyn and found out i had 1st stage of cirvical cancer i was traumatized i cried day after day after day, Nothing can treat it, it goes away on its own(which it did). The age of 21 i  started feeling very bad pains on my right side, went to CORNELL HOSPITAL in NYC (i do not recomend this hospital), i was there 16 hours and they told me i had a minor cyst in my overy. I went home, the next day my pain was worse i went to Coney Island Hospital and found out i was pregnant. I had an eptopic pregnacy..I am now missing my right tube and my left is open but damaged also. I still have hope but sometimes i lose that hope and become very depressed, We've been trying for almost 2 years and nothing yet.. I am now 23 years old, Still trying.
my spouse and i have been together for 6years. I have one blokced tube on the right side. i want to know if purchasing clomid will it increase our ablitiy to conceive
I am 34 years old and have been married for 9 years. Me and my husband want kids and haven't been fortunate enough to have any.  I had surgery in 2003 and discovered both of my tubes were closed.  The doctor was able to open one and said we could still get pregnant.  It's been 7 years and still no luck.  Sometimes I wonder what's wrong with me.  I have 7 siblings and all of them have kids, my parents always want to know when I'm going to give them grandchildren. I wish I knew the answer. Mother's day is always depressing for me, because I so badly want to be a parent. I'm a strong believer in everything happens for a reason, but what is my reason. I ask God always!!!! Still hoping!
I had a tubal ligation with a triple burn metheod back in 01 and April 09 I had a tubal reversal and they could only save one tube. I am 25 weeks pregnant with a boy. There is no reason to think you can't get pregnant. It can just take longer. One woman who had the surgery with my dr only had 1cm of tube on one side and got pregnant in a month! Now you never know what side will O, some dr's will remove one ovary to help the one with the tube O every month but that goes through your time and eggs faster, so they only do this for older woman. I got pregnant the month before this one and lost it due to getting my progesterone two days late, Then the next month the same side O'd and I am pregnant with a little boy:) DOn;t worry! all you need is one tube! THey don;t both work at once anyway!
hi i have been reading all your story's on here and i am touched by each and eveyone! i have also learnt so much from you.THANKS
its so interesting to learn that one tube works just as hard as if there were two tubes. amazing!! it gives me hope, i have 4 grown up children 2 boys and 2 girls, and i am now 43yrs old, i had tubal ligation 18yrs ago after my 4th child was born, and i am desperate for just one more.i had the reversal that cost me £4000,  3yrs ago, and then had a HSG done about 4mths ago to find out that my right tube is blocked but my left is open! i also had all the blood tests and hormone tests done and they came back excellent levels for my age... i now have a appointment in a few hours time with a specialist who deals with clomid, my periods are not as regular as they use to be, so i am probably not ovulating as often anymore! so fingers crossed with clomid,this is my last bash at things, if it doesnt work for me, i will have to admit defeat, and just thank the good lord for the 4 healthy children that he did give me.oh and i am also a nanny, i have a 7yr old grandaughter and a grandson on the way ( due in october) well excited... but so wished it was me, even my 4 grown up kids keep saying (hurry up mum arnt you pregnant yet) they make things worse, they want another to add to the family. well thanks for sharing your story's guys! i have a more possitive attitude now than i did b4 reading these. GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL.....Tx
Ok I am 21 years old and i learned that i am not ovulating and i have a blocked tube i have been on Clomid for 9 months and am fixing to start taking the highest dose of 150mg and I am so worried that this will not work for me. I just want to know if anyone else is experiencing this same problem? I just keep praying that i'll get pregnant but so far no such luck. Any suggestions. My email is lil_scooter2007***@**** email me personally and let me hear your story. I dont have any friends that i can talk to about this and i really need some support. Thanks so much and May God Bless You.
Oh yes!!!!!! I have one fallopian tube and one ovary and I got pregnant!!!! I wasn't trying at all as we have two and we were done, but I believe this time around it was just meant to be for me;)
Good luck!!!!!!
Hello once again everybody. I have another question. My mom told me about a woman who had both working ovaries but upon closer inspection she had no eggs in her ovaries. I am just wandering if anyone else has heard of this and if so what would be the options. I have looked up this information online but no one else seems to have seen or heard anything about this. I am just looking at all my options and hoping that I won't be like this lady that my mom told me about. I just want to know that if this can possibly happen what could you do other than adopt. I want the feeling of being pregnant to feel my baby move inside of me for the first time and have all the embarrassing things happen that come along with pregnancy. I know this sounds weird but I truly want this stuff to happen to me. Thank you everyone this forum has been a god send. Bless You!
5 months ago i had lapascopic surgery to remove endometreosis and my obgyn also did a hsg and said that both tubes were blocked he then sent me to infertility dr. and he redid the hsg test and i cant believe it but my left tube is open, my right is blocked but he says that it is great news because it' s not as hard to get pregnant with one tube as you think it isk, we go on fertility drugs next month. I'm just praying and trying to stay hopefull. Good luck to all of you going through the same thing and god bless
I never thought I could get preg and one day as I was going to my doctors appt to check just if I could they told me that I was indeed 5 wks 5 days preg...I cried in excitement......upon turning 2 mths I rushed to the hospital long story short I had a tubal pregnancy which devistated me and left me with only one tube...I am 27 and it has been a couple days since the surgery...dr really didnt tell me anything. I hope and pray that I still can...how long should I wait to try again?
2 years ago i found out i had an std i guess which lead to PID becuase it was untreated i went for a HSG recently i have one blocked tube and one open. My gyn put me on clomid 50 mg. should this work for me or should i do any more procedures to see if i can reverse the blocked tube or should what my doc say work for me

help!!! me n my fiance been trying for 1 year now
hi everyone,
I am 21 years old.I had that diey test done about 1year ago it came out that my left tube is blocked.That day when i came home to my husband i did not know how to tell him that i have a bolcked tube  i have never been pregnet before and i reallyan o hav baby me and the hubby a been trying oa baby forabut 4-5 years and nothingif anyone know wr  can get the suagry done to unblock my tube in the newyork state plz let me know call me my # is (716)533-8363 plz help me we want to start ar family and each time i get my menstro i cry and get very deppresed because i am not pregnet by the way my nami chacha thankz andi oe to harfrm anyone soon
i have one tube, really hoping ill fall pregnant i am 27 years old. my right tube was removed due to ectopic pregnancy. had intercourse on ovulation day, i sure hope something will happen. hope God is not too angry with me for having premarital sex fro the purpose of conception.I hope soon ill be jumping for joy. i had a young girl out of the blue tell me i look like a beautiful pregnant woman and weeks later my sister told me she had a dream and in the dream i told her i was having twins. i dont believe there are coincedence, all things happen for a reason. im desparate for a child and im so down wondering if it worked cause i have one tube. God help me
Im having a Scentsy party online starting thankgiving to Mon Dec 6th 2010. Well a little about Scentsy for the people that dont no what it is. Safe Wickless Candles, Flameless, smokeless and soot-free—with Scentsy’s wickless candle bars and electric warmers, you can enjoy all the sensory delights of scented candles without the dangers of an open flame. Simply turn it on and enjoy one of 80 unique Scentsy fragrances, Its great for people with kids or pets they dont get to hot so they will not burn u or if ur pets or kids ate it, it will not hurt them and its a great Christmass gift start shopping now for Christmass and have it shipped to the people u are buying it for or to u. To start shopping now go to https://ddeane.scentsy.us/ and when u get there u will see my open party and find my name and next to my name it will say buy from party click on it and start shopping thanks everyone
Hi Ladies, I'm 36 years old and have been TTC for almost a year now. I decided to finally see a fertility specialist and had an HSG two months ago.  I found out my left tube is blocked. My Dr. couldn't determine the extent of the blockage, but assured me my other tube was fine. He reassured me that my egg would be picked up by the working tube.  I've read all your comments, and I'm hopeful.  I'm going back to the Dr. to do a post-coital test now.

I'm just learning about all these different procedures, and it's hard to know if they are just throwing all these procedures at you, because your vulnerable.  Take for example the post-coital test I'm going to do soon... I believe it should have been the first test given to evaluate the interaction between my cervical mucus and his sperm. Why not rule that out before more expensive and uncomfortable procedures?  Anyway, I know what all you ladies are going through, and sympathize.  Good luck to you, and I will keep you posted.  In the meantime, I'll continue wishing and hoping for a baby.
i have been happily re married for three years and we just had our first son. i already had 3 beautiful babies 8,7, and 6 from my previous marriage. i had my tubes tied in 2004 after my daughter was delivered. got divorced remarried and then got baby fever. i was heartbroken to find out that we only had a 2% chance of ever having a child together. we had three different surgery done in 2 1/2 years tubal reversal was first, then had to have cyst removed from where the dr reconnected my tubes, after that had another surgery to seperate my uterus from my bladder due to scar tissue from previous surgery. then in jan of 2010 had a dye test done that showed that my right tube was blocked and left was partially blocked.that week we were told by our obgyn that the only way we would have any chance was to have ivf done.in march of 2010 we had another appointment with the samt dr who said they woulnt perscribe clomid.  I was crushed because there was no way we could afford to have the ivf done. i went on being severly depressed and emotional only to find out that i was already 6 weeks pregnant. we had our baby boy in november two months early but now you would never know it. dont listen to dr saying that in is impossible keep the faith and dont give up .....
Thank you for your post.  It made me believe that, yes, anything is possible.  I have 2 children from a previous marriage.  Had gotten my tubes tied in 03'. After I had remarried my new husband and I have been trying for almost a year and a half.  We tried IVF with one successful implantation only to lead to a miscarriage last January.  I had my tubes reversed in July last year with again no success.  I did have a ectopic when I was with my ex husband only to leave scarring.  So when I had my tubes reversed the Dr was very optimistic of me getting pregnant with only my left tube.  Well 7 months later here we are still not pregnant.  Went for HSG yesterday only to find out that my right tube is blocked.  I wasn't aware that other tube can pick up other eggs.  Being 40 doesn't help my matters either.  My husband has no kids.  I'm trying to give my husband the best gift anyone can ever give.  My body has been through hell but I'm still determined to give him a child.  I've also had blood work to see if I still produce eggs.  Apparently it came back fine but a little low according to the doctor.  I'm just trying to go with the flow and not stressing over trying to get pregnant.  What ever will be will be.  I just pray to God that it will happen and soon.  My time now is numbered.  I'm not getting younger.
I am 36 years old. I have three wonderful, healthy children and after my 3rd child I had my tubes tied( HUGE MISTAKE). I am now re married to the love of my life and he does not have any children. We both very badly want a child together. I had two eptopic pregnacy's and both tubes were partially removed. Does anyone have any suggestions??
Hie ladies

You guys are luck was told by the doctor that both my tubes are blocked will never be able to have a child unless i do ivf,can't afford to do ivf it's expensive or how i wish god can look inside me and deliver a miracle cause i feel i have missing puzzler they is a space that need to filled.Good luck to you all
I also wanted to say that the test wasn't that bad for the results it gives and I do recommend anyone considering doing the HSG test to go ahead with it.  At first it was awkward to be on the x-ray table exposed with strangers but they are medical professionals and the Radiologist that did my test was very professional and had great bedside manor and the X-ray Tech was wonderful, caring and professional also.  I was lucky to have good medical staff for my test.  The beginning of the test was uncomfortable but not painful and I apparently have a very tilted and high up cervix which made it difficult for him to find my cervix in the first place and it took more time making it more uncomfortable.  The insertion of the catheter for the dye was a slight pinch, about what you feel at your yearly pap.  The beginning of the dye going in was not uncomfortable at all.  It was when the dye didn't go in easily that I got some cramping as it was being pushed in with pressure.  Still not that bad but it was mildly painful.  It was when my complications of the dye not going beyond my uterus that I had discomfort.  The dye needed to be pushed with more pressure to try to clear the fallopian tubes and that's what caused some serious cramps for me.  I was asked to tip to my left and more pressure and some serious cramps that made my eyes water but it was worth it because the tube cleared out and looked really good is what the Radiologist said.  When I tipped to the right in hopes of the same outcome and pressure was applied I know I wanted to cry but sucked it up and I did some deep breathes to save from crying and my eyes did water but that was again, more of the extreme case scenario and unfortunately it didn't open and probably has scar tissue blocking it up so that could also be why that side hurt the most.  So I don't want anyone reading this and considering having an HSG test done to be afraid.  I wanted to describe it as honestly and accurately as I can for my personal experience with the test.  Before I had it I read so many forums of women saying it was terrible, horrible pain and compared it to child birth.  They must have either been exaggerating or they had poor medical staff or just very sensitive systems.  I can't say they are wrong or anything because I'm just one person and I have my one personal experience with it but if you want answers to WHY then in my opinion it was well worth it.
The posts here about all the success others have had with having one working tube has reallly inspired me to feel postive with my situation and it makes me feel so much more confident that we can now have more kids.  We have a 10 year old and have been trying for another baby very seriously with all effort since Feb. 2011.  We've tried before but that was more of just not using birth control to see if it would happen naturally.  I took Clomid the last 2 mos but now know why nothing happened.
hello ladies,

I am writing this to give hope to all of you trying to conceive with one blocked tube. I was trying to conceive for almost 2 years and after doing all required tests, I found out I had a blocked tube. After thinking about it for months, I finally decided to have the laparoscopy done, in which they weren't able to clear my blocked tubes but I found out then, that I had minor endo, that they cleared out. One month later, I found out I was pregnant, with TWINS!!! :-) I did not take any fertily drugs or anything but i guess by them pumping liquid in my good tube during the operation, it made it work better ... So for all you ladies trying, there is always hope, hang in there and keep trying.

baby dust to all!!!!
I had three beautiful little girls and then had my tubes tied, shortly after that had my rt ovary removed and when they went in to do that found out i had endo...they burned some of it off but then about 4 yrs later missed a period and have a beautiful 5 yr old little girl making 4 girls lol if its ment to be it will happen quit trying and enjoy life and it will happen if your too stressed about it...it can cause your chances to go down...relax and it will happen! Good luck and bless you! I wish there were more people out there that want the resposability likew yourself with children instead of people getting prego at the drop of a dime and their children ending up in foster care!
To all ladies ttc YES you can get pregnant with tubes tied ovaries gone and endo i have all three and had a fourth child at 31 now im 36 and thinking about tryin for a boy lol it can happen have faith and relax dont try so hard it will happen stress makes it harder to concieve (conceive)! RELAX! baby dust for those trying! God bless you all!
I had a ruptured ectopic pregnancy this year in April. My left tube was damaged and therefore removed. My left ovary is still there. i still have my right ovary and right tube, however i was never tested to see if my right tube is open. I also am trying to conceive 5 months after my ectopic. I notice that I still ovulate on my left side because I can feel when i ovulate. Im wandering if I should have the test done to see if my right tube is open. What do you guys think. Two ovaries and one fallopian tube on the right side.
I think you should get it tested to be sure. I am 38 yrs and want to have a baby so badly. I first found out I had benign tumor and had almost 12 lbs of tumor removed from my womb last december. My doctor said those tumor were blocking my uterus and I had no idea I even had them. I then did an hsg and found that my right tube is completely clear but my left is partially blocked; but my doctor told me I just need one clear to conceive. For year I thought I was barren and my relationship with my husband has ended because of the way I felt ad acted towards him. Thank God I have someone in my life now that have helped me to restore my Faith and go for it. You never know what worng unless you go and get checked out and ask pleanty of questions. I am now trying and I have Faith that I will. So good luck and let me know what happen; I will also post my updates ladies.
I am 37 years old and have been trying for about 6 months. I just had the hsg yesterday only to find out I have one blocked tube and one open but not flowing like the doctor would like on top of recently diagnosed endo and 2 cysts. For years I have battled discharges and irritations of different types that doctors never seem to be able to diagnose. I am feeling hopeless as my husband now complains about irritation after intercourse and fear my irritation may affect his sperm. I want nothing more than to conceive a healthy child but the odds seem to be against me. Anyone else having this issue or have advise for me besides changing doctors which I just did?
Hi read your story me and my husband had our son at 19 by c-secton then we had a break in our protection and got pregnant again only four weeks later after having our first which was a girl and then four months later got pregnant had another girl. We had a parent telling us to get my tubes tied which i did couldn't take it all the nagging. Anyways our last daughter we only got to enjoy her for a year and ahalf before the cancer over came her. We where devistated. A year later we decided that we would like to try to have another child. So we had my tubes untied and it took a year of torcher but findly we had a beautiful baby boy when one tube was blocked and we had our tubes untied he is now 2 and1/2 so i hope this helps you in some way we are now trying for our last and hope to have good news in the soon to come future! Take care and hope all your dreams and wishes come true!!!!!!!
Anyone who is having a hard time conceiving please do not put all your faith in drs. I had my first ectopic at 19 and lost my right tube in the process. I was devasted and tried for many years to have a baby. I gave up i felt i couldnt have kids. At 28 I found someone who I loved and wanted to share kids with so I went to a fertitly specialist and had a hsg done on my left tube. I found out it was blocked and scar tissue was everywhere. The doctor gave me options surgery,ivr, or adoption. I opted for the surgery but i was going on vacation so I said when I come back we can start the surgery this was July 23, 2003. i cried and I prayed to God if its your wil then let it be done. October 14,2003 I made a call to the ferility specialist to inform them I was pregnant, I had my daughter april 2004 and my son 2005 nothing short of a miracle. So ladies put your trust in a higher being and know that it will happen. If i can have 2 kids on one bad tube then I have faith each and everyone of you can conceive.
We have decided to have the Laproscopy and the Hysteroscopy done in a few weeks as a result of the HSG test with one open tube and the other not flowing as fast as he may like. I am really nervous, but if this gets me closer to being a mommy I will do whatever it takes. Has anyone had success with these procedures?
Im 24 years old, and ive been trying to have a baby for three years. I finally went to the doctors last yr to find out i have only one working tube. However i have had zero luck getting pregant. and dont know what else could be wrong with me. I believe God has a reason for everything but its very hard after three yrs of trying and watching friends and family having babies, they are so happy, and everyone in my family keeps asking me when im going to have a baby and its hard to explain. I think what is so difficult is that i havent thought about it or tried too hard, so its frustrating when people say dont try so hard or stop thinking about it so much. I just hope God will someday bless me with a healthy baby.
I have faith too, in God and my husband and I both have laid in bed praying night after night to have a baby. and after three years of nothing not even a scare, its hard to think its even possible. I still have some hope and pray all the time.
i need the advice... coz i had twice ectopic pregnant 2half year ago...  can i pregnant again????
I am going crazy thinkibg bout what dr said to me today..NO MORE BABYS last week i had my tub removed due to ectopic pg.this is my 3rd one .so i just have a piece of my left tube where i had the other 2 ectopic .prety much just have one small piece of left  tube that is damaged and no right tube .Anyone that can give me hope please do ..HELP!!!!
My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant on our own for some time now, When I was 16 I have cancer and a tumor around one of my ovaries. So it had to be removed, I have had a lot of scar tissuse bulid up around my other ovary and had to have surgery a few times to remove some of the scar tissue removed. We really want to have a baby but I just do not see it happening, we are going to begin the process of getting help on possibly getting pregnant. It will break my heart if I am not able to.
I had a 4cm cyst on my left ovary removed in 2009, and recently just had my left fallopian tube removed due to the endo spots and plaques that 'infest' it and make it kinda look abnormal. I plan to adopt some children in the future. there are so many children out there that need people to take them in as family and love them.
I had my tubes burned 3yrs ago now Im thinking I might want another child. I was married for 8 yrs now divorced for 2. Is it possible for me to have another child?  If yes what do I do to increase my chances if there is any?
I am 31 yrs old, married for 3 years. My husband and have been trying to have a baby but yet no luck.  On our 3rd year, I had myself checked and my doctor said that my left tube is blocked.  So, my doctor suggested we try fertiIity therapy. I had my first try of fertility therapy but still no luck. Then my husband and I decided to give the therapy some rest and go natural and until now we're still waiting and hoping for our own miracle.  I hope that I can be as lucky as the most of the mom's here.
OMG!!!! ur story is amazing and so inspiring!!! i kno i dont kno u but it brought tears to my eyes!!! it gives me sooo much hope!!! although we r two different ppl i hope to be as lucky and blessed as u have!!! im going thru the same thing!
Hello My name is Nicole. I live in Washington. I am 26 years old. In December of 2010 i have My first Etopic pregnancy.I had to have emergency surgery and i found out i had lost my left tube because it ruptured.This year January 23 2012 I had My second Etopic Pregnancy but they saved my right tube..Now i either get another one which is the most likely thing to happen or after 3 years i finaly get pregnant...Its really hard to think that if i lose my right tube i wont be able to have kids.  
take out a loan to untie your tube and then try intrauterine insemination.
I was 20 yrs old when I  had my first back in 1999, I found out I was pregnant and 3 days later I had to have the baby taken out, I was only 6 weeks, This was back in 2000, My left tube was damaged But he said he did save part of it. My left ovary is still there. So I been trying for yrs n Nothing!! I feel like giving up, My child is now going to be 13 n I still can't get pregnant, I have had the dye done, he said my tubes were working find but I'm not sure because I had part of my tube saved when I lost the baby so how is it working find if it was damaged? But my Right tube N Right N Left Ovaries work fine N still cant get pregnant, I just dnt know what I can do, Im getting to Old to have babies n I feel that I'm never goin to!!
hi
i've been trying to get pregnant for past year... 2011  i had miscarriage which resulted in  tooo ectopic pregnancy...i have one tube am on fertility pills called fertilin for a month in half i hope this  works... it can be depressing at times but i have nine year old daughter.. and dont want her to be an only child
I was told I had two tubes blocked in 2001 ... 2007 I got pregnant with my daughter ... June this year I ha my right ovary & tube removed ... That month I was pregnant ... Unfortunately I lost it at 9+5 when iwnt fora scan ... I did see the baby on the scan at 6 weeks too I couldn't believe it wasn't tubal ...
so you had one baby already ! with blocked tubes treatetments or a surgery

don't worry same thing happens with me, but u can start the TVS that is ovulation study thats helps u....
I had the essure procedure done and the dr.  Missed my right tube and ruptured my uturus..so i got pregnant..had a healthy baby girl. After delivery the doc removed my right tube. So all i have is the left blocked tube. But now im feelibg nauseated..moody...tired and feel bubbles in my belly. Is it possible i could be pregnant??
Ovaries don't necessarily take turns about ovulating, they can, but it can also be more random and one can ovulate several months in a row before the other one has a turn.  I think that people on these kind of sites should be absolutely sure that they know what they are saying is fact, otherwise you could be screwing around with other couples chances of concieving with your own looney toon, made up, unfactual ideas.  THINK BEFORE YOU POST!!!!
I had done HSG.  One of my tube is blocked (Only 1 tube) and we are trying to get pregnant since last 2 moths after the HSG but didn't get pregnant. someone help me, i don't want go for Surgery.
hi rekha...
i am facing the same problem you had face... my left tube is removed due to ectopic pregnancy .. later i did HCG and it said my right tube is also blocked..doc advsd me laproscopy surgery to chk my tube condition n to cure it if possible thru surgery... can you pls help me..
wow! that is an awesome story i guess i to have to have faith & stay positive, I also have a badly damaged tube which is the reason i was told by dr i can not hv kids i do not have the finance for ivf treatment but i would luv to have my own bundle of joy
Hello.. I have 7 children, I started VERY young! (15) after my 7th I KNEW I was SURE and POSITIVE I didn't want anymore!! So I decided to have my tubes tied! (at the time it was right for me) 12 almost 13 years later, I only wondered if a reversal was possible. I did my homework, got hooked up with a fertility specialist... In March2013 I got my reversal... :) I have lots of mixed feelings.. excited and scared at the same time... I'm on my 2nd try the first try I messed up the days.. This month I did everything right!! I'm hoping and praying for the best.. :)
If you are wanting to get a reversal?? I say go for it!!!  :)
it's all out of pocket pay tho...