MATERNAL & CHILD
COMMUNITY
Chances of pregnancy when condom comes off in vagina during fertile period
by BusyMom92960206, Aug 05, 2006
I have an embarrassing question.  I gave birth to a baby 7 weeks ago and am breastfeeding but having to supplement as well.  I had my first period of 7/21-7/24.  I have calculated my fertile period to be from about 8/1-8/5.  My husband and I have been very careful (we are using condoms as b/c).  Anyway, we had sex on 8/3 and after ejaculation he pulled out and realized the condom was gone (how embarrassing).  He then had to "find it"---of course it was full of ***.  My problem is I am worried that either he would have had some *** left on him when he pulled out and the condom came off that could have escaped or somehow why the condom was being removed some could have escaped.  Is this crazy or could it be possible?  Also, my most fertile day would have been yesterday, when counting, however, today I am having a lot of the clear discharge (like ovulation).  Either way since it was before these days, is there need for concern?  I know they say sperm can live about five days inside of you but the egg only one day.  

I am just trying to figure out how I would explain this to my OB....LOL.  After I said, I know how to be careful, I have a 14 year old, 10 year old, 4 year old and a newborn, I don't need b/c.  It would not matter, we would raise another one and would be happy.  I just know my body hasn't had time to "heal" and that is awful close together.  Anyway, I am sure I am probably worrying over nothing, but would just like any advice you could offer.

Thanks for listening....
Member Comments (29)
by Crritter, Aug 05, 2006
I don't know, but I think it's so great that you are feeling up to that with a newborn!  I wish you luck either way, enjoy your baby!!!
by girlybuff, Aug 05, 2006
Oh your OB has heard it ALL.  I don't necessarily know what your chances of pregnancy are but I guess since it was during that time and those things appear to be very strong, there's always a possibility.  Why don't you wait until you miss a period and test positive before you worry.
I hope it turns out the way you want it.
by mommie2, Aug 05, 2006
Don't be embarrassed. I don't know what your chances are but this has happened to me before. Just call your DR an ask him, he won't laugh. Something even more funny. I used to use the nuva ring and every time my dh and I had sex it would come out on him. That was embarrassing to discuss with my DR bit she was ok with it.
by girlybuff, Aug 05, 2006
Ha, I was thinking that too.  I'm STILL pregnant and I couldn't even think of doing it again right away without freaking out.  
God bless!!
by Crritter, Aug 05, 2006
I just have to ask about the Nuva ring, did you like it?  I tried it right after my son, but I didn't get stitched up enough after my son, I can't keep it in, kept falling out.  I asked my Dr. about that, and that was pretty embarrassing, but hey, she was so professioal about it and took me off of it and put me back on the pill.
by mommie2, Aug 05, 2006
It always fell out when having sex, I stop using it as well.
by Crritter, Aug 05, 2006
Thanks, made me feel better to know I wasn't alone.  Anyway, Dr's hear so much, I don't think they get too many surprises anymore.
by mandymoo1983, Aug 05, 2006
hi i am in exact same situation at the moment my baby is 7 weeks old aswell 3 nights ago the condom did the same thing for me and theres more i already have two babies that are less then a year apart my first dd was only 6 weeks old when i conceived my second so i have a baby born june 2005 and second baby also born in june 2006.when i conceived my second i was on the mini pill and breastfeeding full time no supplementing so now i am a little worried can you blame me i havent had a period yet i am breastfeeding however i never had my first period when i fell pregnant the first time i ovulated and bam i was pregnant. good luck to you i cant beleive we are in such a similar situation if you ever need to chat or have time i should say lol my email is ***@**** keep us posted on what happens good luck to you.
by ange800, Aug 05, 2006
Hi I was using condoms as bc after the birth of my daughter and was breastfeeding and fell pregnant I think a condom may of slipped off which has happened a few times its freaky unfortunately I miscarried but I think my body was telling me it wasnt ready to be pregnant so soon after c section. I think it must be really easy for some women to get pregnant really quickly after having a baby I had to go on minipill and use condoms and as soon as I finished minipill bang I was pregnant but it was planned this time. Good luck.