Maternal & Child Community
Chances of pregnancy when condom comes off in vagina during fertile per...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Chances of pregnancy when condom comes off in vagina during fertile period

I have an embarrassing question.  I gave birth to a baby 7 weeks ago and am breastfeeding but having to supplement as well.  I had my first period of 7/21-7/24.  I have calculated my fertile period to be from about 8/1-8/5.  My husband and I have been very careful (we are using condoms as b/c).  Anyway, we had sex on 8/3 and after ejaculation he pulled out and realized the condom was gone (how embarrassing).  He then had to "find it"---of course it was full of ***.  My problem is I am worried that either he would have had some *** left on him when he pulled out and the condom came off that could have escaped or somehow why the condom was being removed some could have escaped.  Is this crazy or could it be possible?  Also, my most fertile day would have been yesterday, when counting, however, today I am having a lot of the clear discharge (like ovulation).  Either way since it was before these days, is there need for concern?  I know they say sperm can live about five days inside of you but the egg only one day.  

I am just trying to figure out how I would explain this to my OB....LOL.  After I said, I know how to be careful, I have a 14 year old, 10 year old, 4 year old and a newborn, I don't need b/c.  It would not matter, we would raise another one and would be happy.  I just know my body hasn't had time to "heal" and that is awful close together.  Anyway, I am sure I am probably worrying over nothing, but would just like any advice you could offer.

Thanks for listening....
I don't know, but I think it's so great that you are feeling up to that with a newborn!  I wish you luck either way, enjoy your baby!!!
Oh your OB has heard it ALL.  I don't necessarily know what your chances of pregnancy are but I guess since it was during that time and those things appear to be very strong, there's always a possibility.  Why don't you wait until you miss a period and test positive before you worry.
I hope it turns out the way you want it.
Don't be embarrassed. I don't know what your chances are but this has happened to me before. Just call your DR an ask him, he won't laugh. Something even more funny. I used to use the nuva ring and every time my dh and I had sex it would come out on him. That was embarrassing to discuss with my DR bit she was ok with it.
Ha, I was thinking that too.  I'm STILL pregnant and I couldn't even think of doing it again right away without freaking out.  
God bless!!
I just have to ask about the Nuva ring, did you like it?  I tried it right after my son, but I didn't get stitched up enough after my son, I can't keep it in, kept falling out.  I asked my Dr. about that, and that was pretty embarrassing, but hey, she was so professioal about it and took me off of it and put me back on the pill.
It always fell out when having sex, I stop using it as well.
Hi I was using condoms as bc after the birth of my daughter and was breastfeeding and fell pregnant I think a condom may of slipped off which has happened a few times its freaky unfortunately I miscarried but I think my body was telling me it wasnt ready to be pregnant so soon after c section. I think it must be really easy for some women to get pregnant really quickly after having a baby I had to go on minipill and use condoms and as soon as I finished minipill bang I was pregnant but it was planned this time. Good luck.
hi i am in exact same situation at the moment my baby is 7 weeks old aswell 3 nights ago the condom did the same thing for me and theres more i already have two babies that are less then a year apart my first dd was only 6 weeks old when i conceived my second so i have a baby born june 2005 and second baby also born in june 2006.when i conceived my second i was on the mini pill and breastfeeding full time no supplementing so now i am a little worried can you blame me i havent had a period yet i am breastfeeding however i never had my first period when i fell pregnant the first time i ovulated and bam i was pregnant. good luck to you i cant beleive we are in such a similar situation if you ever need to chat or have time i should say lol my email is ***@**** keep us posted on what happens good luck to you.
Thanks, made me feel better to know I wasn't alone.  Anyway, Dr's hear so much, I don't think they get too many surprises anymore.
Just wondering. How unsafe is it if the condom comes off during sex and the guy doesn't tell you. Then a few days later when urinating it comes out?
thats exactly how i got pg with dd! condom fell out 2 days later at work when i pee'd....ohhhh thats too funny! i thought i was the only one! good luck!
pg with dd? and it didnt just happen once so I am quit worried
were you asking what pg and dd meant?
if so here ya go. :)

pg/pregnant dd/dear daughter ds/dear son
you guys are all scaring me
try a smaller size condom...no offense or anything, but they usually fall off if they are to big.
What if 2 different condon's fell off over a 2 day period but we noticed before ejaculation? We were able to retrieve them from my body and we did use condoms with spermicide. Are the pregnancy risks lower?
Oh my gosh, I had the exact same thing happen to me just a few days ago. Now I'm worrying I could be pregnant. We did use  back up birth control called VCF (Vaginal Contraceptive Film) that's supposed to be 94% effective. Has anyone used that type of birth control before? I'm worried because I think I may have been ovulating too. My next period is due the end of the month/beginning of the next month.
I'm just worried because I already have 3 kids and I'm 42. I know getting pregnant at an older age poses risks. And there's just been so much going on in my family this last year with my health, teenager daughter, finances, etc. So we've been under a lot of stress. As much as I love babies, I really don't want another one. I'm just getting too old and tired! My 3 year old already keeps me running and he was a surprise baby too.
What do you all think my odds are? I hate to have to worry now the next few weeks. What do you guys think?
Sooooo, what do you all think? Do I have anything to worry about? I really hate to worry for the next two weeks. I'm getting too old for this, lol!
My husband and I had sex and the condom came off inside me when he pulled out. The condom had semen in it, but, I guess I was exposed to semen when his penis slipped out of the condom. I found out yesterday that I am pregnant. So, yes, you can get pregnant when the condom comes off. 7 years of having unprotected sex and I get pregnant the time we have protected sex....go figure.
that is so funny.....brings me back. thats how i got pg with Kennedy and the codom actually didnt come out until a couple days later when i was at work at used the restroom. I had no clue i was pg until i was already 2 months late and bam! it hit me! lol oh my!
Did you realize the condom was still in there?
The same happened to me. My dh and I had sex on my most fertile day. The condom slipped off as I got off of him and stayed inside of me. It wasn't in for long. I looked and noticed no condom. I am not sure how far the condom was inside as I just went for it and pulled it out. I did notice there was a lot of moisture down there...more so than just your regular lubrication. It felt kind of sticky and crusted later. We weren't planning on ttc until a few months from now. I am not upset or anything, I am just curious as to what my chances are of being pg? How odd this would happen on my most fertile day. We have used condoms for months and no slippage has ever happened. Very strange?!! Maybe this is a sign : )

Me and my partner had sex about a week ago, when he pulled out i noticed that he was covered in ***. I looked down to also notice the condom wasnt on him, i felt aruond and it was still in me. We both freaked out but have come to terms with the possibility that i could be pregnant. Unfortunatley my periods are irregular so i cant track my cycle as it always changes. I guess in a way i do want to pregnant because im afraid that i cant get pregnant, no doubt that whatever happens it will still come as a shock.  I would love to know what the chances of me actually being pregnant are. Waiting to find out is definantly the hardest thing, im not a very patient person and waiting for my  periods to come is taking its toll on me asI have no idea when i should be expecting it to come! IF anyone is in the same position as me, lease let me know how youre going and if there is anything that i can do?
Not only this, but i do find myself needing to urinate every 2 seconds, even when i stand up from the toilet though i think this could maybe be a UTI?
So heres my story:
I'm on the pill, I take my last real pill on a friday, then get my period on monday. its like clockwork and since ive been on the pill i ALWAYS get my period on that monday. Well the thursday before my last real pill me and my partner were reallly drunk, used a condom and had sex, well after he got off I pushed him off me and noticed the condom wasnt there
we looked around, nothing. when I got home i used a mirror and my fingers and nothing, so i assumed it was in his room somewhere, so i didn't worry about it or look more into it.
well monday comes along, no period,...tues nothing, wednesday i'm getting dressed and all of a sudden the condom comes out...DISGUSTINGGG.
So my question is... do u think the condom being up there just delayed my period? [its late thursday now and still no period]
or..do u think I could be pregnant....? because the 5 days it was in me, there was no birth control in me, i was suppose to be on my period.
HELP!!!!
hah, im not alone on this one, yay.
2 times in the past couple of weeks me and my boyfriend had sex, they were two different condoms, and well, im retarded and sat on top of him till his penis got soft and when i went to get up, i noticed the condom was gone.
of course, it was up in my vagina laying by my cervix.
he thinks he got me pregnant, and worrying like crazy, but i dont know if i should worry or not, i dont even know when i ovulate cause my periods are irregular.
i wander if it got me pregnant though.
I just want to say I am pregnant from the condom slipping off. This happened of Valentine's Day. This is scary for me but then I feel like its a blessing. Since I found. Out I was pregnant this baby has me running to the hospital like crazy with all these scares.
this has happened to me also, me and my bf had sex 2 nights ago & he *** in the condom and as he pulled out and i seen it inside me so i just pulled it out. the next night we were extra careful so we took it slow and it only happened again. today however i came on my period (which was due anyway) could i still be pregnant? please help xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
great article,very useful information...thanks
more info here:
http://www.eveadams.com.au/daily/question/why-do-condoms-come-off