Maternal & Child Community
Chances of success next pregnancy after 2 miscarriages?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I wonder if anyone has been in a similiar situation as me. I had one missed miscarriage (growth was slow, stopped at 9 weeks,heartbeat heard at 6), had a d and c in sep. I got pregnant after 2 cycles and it was apparentley a chemical pregnancy. I was on progesterone so I didn't start bleeding until 7 weeks, though there was only BARELY a sac in there, which only measured like 4 weeks. I should have just gotten a period, but the dang progesterone...

Anyhow, do you think these are at all related? Should I ask for testing before I try again? Did I get pregnant too early? They did do testing on the first baby and found nothing wrong. Does that mean theres something wrong with my body? I'm just so confused, and I don't want to go through another miscarriage without trying to find a cause. Is a chem pregnany common right after a d and c?

Thanks!
I had two mcs one in Sept 2004 (5 wks) never saw the baby, had a dnC, then the second on early feb 2005 (6 wks) once again never saw the baby.  The dr. was going to put me on progesterone if i got pregnant again which I did in July but never started the progesterone.  And I'll be 27 weeks pregnant wed.  They tested both the embryos/fetuses and other material and found nothing wrong.  I thought there was something wrong with me after the two losses and no previous children, but the dr and internet said that 1 out of every 4 pregnancy's ends in MC most of the time either unknown or for no apparent reason.  Good luck, It took me about three months between each of the losses to get pregnant, so maybe give yourself a month or two to get some fresh eggs.  But I guess I am proof that it can happen.
Hey,

I had 2 mc, one at 7 weeks, then I had a baby girl she is now 1 and a half, then I had another MC in Aug 06, at 10 weeks, baby had heartbeat and growth was at 6 wks but didnt make it.  I am now at 14 wks, and hoping for the best.  You will have a child, dont worry.  Sometimes these things happen bc our bodies work so well it will catch any flaw.

I know your pain, but it will make you stronger.

God Bless you.
Thank you so much.

Trentonsmom- Wow your situation sounds so much like my own. That gives me hope. I just keep thinking maybe it was too early after the d and c, but I had two normal afs, which made me believe my uterine lining was back to normal. I'm not sure, now I'm so nervous the plan my husband and I have is to wait until the summer. I want testing done, but we have crappy insurance and we're both students with not a lot of money. I'll be a nurse soon, but I doubt insurance will cover any testing even so. Maybe I should just go for it and keep trying, Im not sure... Anyhow, thanks for your comments. Congrats on your baby!! I pray you have a safe rest of your pregnancy and delivery. What a wonderful gift, you must be thrilled.
I went through the exact same situation. I had a D & C at 10 1/2 weeks due to a missed MC at 9 weeks. Got pregnant aftre my next cycle and it turned out to be a chemical. My Dr. won't do testing until aftre the 3rd. I never got an explanation, but I did end up getting pregnant before the next cycle after my chemical and I am due with a baby boy on January 31st. Think Positive. (If you believe, God will never give you more than you can handle.)
Well my story is like this well me and my fiancee's been trying TTC for awhile well this month my period was late 5 days late and then I started to bleed very heavy and blood clots well when I took an pregnancy test it said negative then i took pne a little after that and i don't know if it was positive or not because when i took it I look at it and only seen 1 line then like 4-5 min or so i look at it again and there was another line but was real fantish pink so i don't know whats going on my periods been irregular for the past 3 months so it's hard to say what was that about
I have a six year old and has had two misscarriages one in Jan 09 and another in Dec 09 what is wrong should i stop trying Im 27 years. And is so confused I didnt have any problems at all with my first.  
I am 30 years old. I had 3 healthy pregnancies from my previous husband that resulted in 3 beautiful children (10, 7&8 yrs old). I remarried 6 months ago to a man that has no children. A baby was a gift I wanted to give to him. I got pregnant in Feb 2010 and miscarried at 5 weeks. Then I got pregnant again right after that and again miscarried in April at 7 weeks. Because I have no previous history of complications, genetic issues or miscarriages, my MD ordered genetic testing on my husband who has never had any children. We are waiting for results. It's hard because I might be faced with never being able to give him a child.
I'm glad I found this site and some positive news from you lot.  So sorry to hear of your losses.  I'm 31 and suffered my first m/c at 7 weeks (just 3 months and 1 month after both my sister in law and sister had both given birth to healthy baby girls).  We were told to wait a couple of cycles before ttc again in March with no luck, then in April, I discovered a lump in my breast and was told not to ttc until they knew what it was.  Eventually I was operated on in June of this year, given the all clear, and began trying again.  Following no luck in July, Aug or September, I finally did a +ve test last week only to m/c again at 5 weeks last night.  My sister in law is expecting again in January and my friend in March and all I hear people talking about is their babies and friends and family who are having or have had healthy babies.  Don't get me wrong, I am lucky to have a fantastic husband and caring family and friends but I feel so jealous and almost feel like my sister in law is taking what should have been my turn in January, which is ridiculous!  I've also had loads of problems in work with pay and back pay which they are still refusing to give me after over 3 yrs and I just feel like everyone's out to get me.  What on earth did I do that was so wrong that I deserve this?  I've been to work today, just so that I didn't have to explain to everyone what was wrong on a return to work sickness sheet!  Really want to try again asap as I won't be happy until all works out well.  What are the odds of the 3rd being ok?
I'm so sorry for your loss;(. I'm in the same boat as you so I can sympathize . I married a man with two boys of his own. I don't have any kids of my own and really crave it! We havw been trying for over a year and have had two miscarriages. Doctor does not know why . I'm 35 years old so I'm worried maybe I just missed my opportunity . I have also a sister in law pregnant as well as my beat friend. As much as I want to be happy foe them it hurts so bad! I haven't given up though

God bless u
I had a very similar situation to you.   I had a missed miscarriage in October at 9 weeks but didn't find out until 10 weeks.  I had a D and C on 10/24.  I conceived again and found out I was pregnant in December 2011 and started my 2nd miscarriage on New Year's.  To top it all off I have a friend who is due with a healthy baby girl the same time I was due with my first pregnancy.  And now my sister-in-law is due the same time I would have been if I could have kept my second pregnancy.  I totally understand how you feel that someone took your pregnancy.  I work in a very female dominate job and literally everyone is pregnant at my work so I am surrounded!!  My doctor ordered testing since I'm having a hard time dealing with all this, but she said there is only a 15% chance she will find anything.  But she did mention that if/when (I'm trying to be hopeful) I conceive again to try to take a baby aspirin (81mg) everyday during the pregnancy.  It has little research to back it up but clinically it works.  I hope this helps and you can get through this.  I'm still working on it.
these stories has given me some hope. and helped me realized that im not alone. i had my first pregnancy last oct. and when we went to our ultrasound there was no baby just a sac. we were devestaded and shocked. i had a dc following that. our second pregnancy happened right before our wedding in july. i lost it at 5 weeks naturally. now my friend is pregant and she is being overly excited and she knows how im hurting but she keeps on. we just found out that we are pregnant again. i do not have any symtoms (symptoms). we guess im 4 weeks? im nervouse that i will miscarry bcim not im sick and my friend is always sick? is this normal?
I am now 25 and I really want kids.  I have had two miscarriages already.  I had one on Aug.8.12  (4 weeks) and another on Jun.29.13 (21 weeks).  My doctors do not have any answers for me except that maybe my cervix was incompetent or my progesterone levels were low.  I am really hurt and I am afraid to try again.  Does anyone here have any advice for me?  What's the chances of one having an early miscarriage and then a late one?