Maternal & Child Community
Chinese calendar for gender prediction

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Chinese calendar for gender prediction

Has anyone had any luck with using the Chinese Chart? I have been looking back to see how accurate it is with my family. Every one I looked up was dead on. I have been wanting a girl to go with my two boys and I'm real tempted to go for it. May is suppose to be a girl month for me. Any experiences you can share?
Tags: maternal
When I first got pregnant, I looked at the Chinese calendar. It said Girl. However, I have recently found out that I am having a baby BOY!!!! Either one was fine with me, I was just looking for fun. Maybe you will get your girl if that is what you are wanting! Good luck!!!
I don't know that I would TTC based on it, but it was accurate for both my boys and this time it says girl. I have a few weeks until I find out. I have to admit, there is a big part of me that thinks I will have another boy ; )

Andi
It was only right for 1 of my kids. I have 3 boys and 1girl. Someone told me how 4 of her freinds had girls after having boys, so I gave it a try and got my girl after 2 boys then after she was born we had another boy. The only person that believed the way I got her was my midwife. So I am going to try it again to give her a sister.  If you would like to know I can give you my email then I will tell you.
I know it's probably not a good idea to ttc based on that. I guess it's just encouraging when every single one I've done has been correct. I don't know what I'll try it or not. I've got about a week before my o day so I'll have to think about it :)
Hey, far be it for me to say when you should TTC,lol! I would hate for you to put too much stock in it. Hey, who knows, maybe it will work and you will get your girl : ) Though I have to admit, I find it funny it goes by the women's info when it is the man who determines the sex!

Andi
Chinese lunar said boy for me, Just found out today it's a girl!!
there is a diff. between lunar and gender prediction. The lunar chart was way off for me but the gender prediction was dead on.
www.webwomb.com/chinesechart.htm is where I got all my accurates.
I would like to know how you got a girl.  I have heard different things as to what you can do to have a girl.  Here's my email if you wouldnt mind telling me cause I would LOVE to have a girl.

email:  ***@****

baby Dust
mine said boy...im having a girl
Again, based on the mothers age at conception, not the dads : ) The chinese calendar has been identical to the lunar ones for me, both gave pretty accurate result. I believ e there have been a few websites who have done some polls about their accuracy and many state somewhere around 80-85%, so again, it may be worth a shot.

Andi
the one I'm using goes on the mothers age when she gives birth and the conception month of the baby
chinese calander was right for me both times both said girl i have a happy 10 month old girl and am expecting another girl next month.
I have been pregnant 6 times.  Two live births and 4 miscarriages.  I know the gender of 4 of the 6 pregnancies.  Only one was accurate.  Those tests are fun to do though.
thanks everyone for your input! I think I'm going to try it out.... hopefully it works cause baby number 3 is the last one for this little ole family!
I hope the gender chart rings true for you and not for me! I want my boy!
My dh told me that the woman's body really determins what the sex is. I don't know where he read this.lol. He said depending on the level of hormones you produce that particular month the egg will reject or accept whichever gender of sperm it wants because it is full of the hormones. That makes the gender chart seem trustworthy, if the moon or age has anything to do with hormones??? I have no idea, trying to be open minded.

Other than that. You could try timing when you bd. Female sperm are slow in getting to the top and live 3-5 days, while the male sperm jets to the top and lives only 1-2 days. So if it's a girl you want bd days before you 'o'. For a boy try the day of. I think it's worth a try. Good luck to you and in 20 weeks if you find out let us know if it worked.
I'll tell you in a week if the chinese chart was right for me. I know my prayers for a boy had to count for something!

Missie69< Tell us what you did! Is it to graphic or what?
I also read somewhere that if you're trying for a girl, you should bd before o and for a boy, wait until that day or after. I guess the little guys are faster than the girls... :) Good luck!
okay- I do not know if this is why we ggot our girl but here is the track record.  I was told by a lady who 4 of her friends got girls doing this I tried it I got my girl, I told 3 women and they got girls. so I do not know if was luck or not.  My midwife heard of it because a women that had 5 girls wanted a boy so she tried the boy way and got her boy.

I had 2 boys and wanted a girl so bad, we got her after doing this, was not tring for #4 and got a boy.

I was told to use summers eve vinager and water right before sex I did this 3 times and got my girl.
For a boy I was told to use summers eve baking soda and water right before sex.

from what my midwife said the for a girl you need the acid from the vinager it kills off the male sperm and the backing soda kills off the female sperm

So in the end you can believe or not I personally believe for the reason I know people that have done this and got what they want and so do I . DH and I are tying for another girl now, so I hope I get pg and a girl this time, but then again a little faith and belief in a girl helps to.

If anyone does this please let me know the out come so I can keep track.

good luck to all ttc and babydust to everyone.
HEARD TO STAND ON YOUR HEAD FOR 2 MINUTES AFTER SEX IF YOU WANT A BOY.  KNOW THREE PEOPLE WHO TRIED IT AND HAD A BOY!  OBVIOUSLY I HEARD AFTER MY CHILDREN WERE BORN.  3 GIRLS, NO BOYS, GUESS I COULD MAYBE ONE DAY TRY AGAIN, WHEN THINGS ARE RIGHT, I'M ONLY 28!
you are right! on the lunar one I was having a boy (WRONG) on the gender calendar it says girl (RIGHT)!!
You have to make sure you are going by your lunar age and the lunar calendar.  If you go to www.babyhopes.com you can calculate both.  Still, I'm sure it's just for fun.  I've visted these charts on several sites and they all do it differently.
The Chinese calendar was wrong for me...it said a boy but I'm having a girl!  Yay!  :)
I couldn't figure out the age thing with babyhopes, what am I suposed to put in for age and birth?
I just tried this and it says I am going to have a girl!! That would be cool if it's true!!! It just something fun to do. I checked to see about my son and it says he should've been a girl? I am hoping this is right on! I really want a girl but a healthy boy is wonderful too!!! Good luck to all TTC and sticky babdust to all who already have!!!*******************************************
It was right for me, I have 4 children and it was right everytime!