Cinnamon Allergy in Baby
Hi. I have been reading up about cinnamon allergies in infants and I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced what happened to my 7 month old today. I made a mixture of squash, potatoes, and apples, seasoned with a bit of cinnamon. He ate it fine tonight for dinner, but by the time we hit the bathtub, his bottom half- toes to belly button- were covered in hives. I have read that the most common cinnamon allergy is Contact dermatitis, but he didn't get his legs in contact with the cinnamon. He has not had diarrhea or any intestinal reaction yet. Has anyone experienced similar symptoms? THANKS!

Worried mom
My daughter had a Cinnamon allergy when she was a baby. It wasn't severe but her face would break out in a rash when she ate it. She grew out of it though and by age 3 or 4, she wasn't allergic to it anymore (we found that out by accident!) I would just avoid it and check with your doctor. It sounds like his may be more of a food allergy by ingestion rather than contact and he may always have it. My husband has an allergy to red meat and gets hives that way but as long has he just doesn't eat it directly he's ok, he can even have things that have been cooked in the same pan. Good luck.