Maternal & Child Community
Clear Blue Digital Preggo test??? Test stick has 2 lines on it

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Good morning gals, well, i was in the 2ww and my period is due on monday morning. I just couldnt take it anymore so i tested with the first mornings urine.  I was unaware that you had to place the test stick into the capsule and then pee on it. I peed directly on the stick and the inserted it into the capsule. Of course, it didnt never say anything except see leflet since i did it wrong. I ejected the stick and there was a dark line like the control line on a regular pg test and then there was another blue line, this one was not as dark as the other line...has anyone had this happen before? What do the 2 lines mean? I called the number and they said the lines means nothing to the naked eye and she couldnt say whether i was pg or not. Can someone please help me!!!! Going crazy
With the digital ones the lines do not mean anything.  Not sure why they are there but I had the same thing and I got a not pregnant readout.  So you cant go by those to say you are preggo.  I would retest if I were you.
She's right. The digital reads the lines differently than we do. Those tests also detect LH, so there's going to be a 2nd line. I've used them a couple times in the past. 1st I got a 'pregnant' when I was actually ovulating. I was really jacked about that. When I've gotten 'not pregnant', I would check, and there'd be a 2nd line. When I actually got a true 'pregnant' there wasn't really much difference from what I remember with the negative. It compares the shades of both lines somehow.

Best advice is to take another one. DId you buy the 2 pack? Or just run out to the nearest dollar store for a cheap hpt. they are just as accurate.
hmmm, thanks for the info, yes i did get the 2 pack, i am just waiing until i have to go to the bathroom. I will let you know. Thanks
amber
I agree with the other two ladies.  Unfortunately the 2 lines on the digital test does not mean anything.  Unless the digital test says "pregnant", you should not interpret it as a positive result.  

Try again in a couple days though!  Maybe with a more sensitive test like First Response.  The digital tests can not detect anything lower than 50-100 hcg count.  First Response will detect from 15-25!  :-)  Good luck!
I've personally had bad experiences with first response. SOme people swear by it, others don't. with 2 different pregnancies I took a variety of hpts with the same urine, and first response would come up negative. On the contrary, clearblue digital was very sensitive this time around. It read 'pregnant' while the dollar store brand came up faint. At the women's clinic, their's was negative, and at my ob their's was faintly positive. walmart/equate brand gave me a strong positive while the others were faint.
thanks for the info! I will test again in the morning to see what happens, this time i will get it right! Thanks
amber
Does the hpt that are suppose to detect pregnancy up to 5 days before a missed period effective?
We must have been testing at the same time.  This is my first round of Clomid cycle and I am anxious to see if it worked so last night I took the Target brand hpt and got  very faint + but it was hours later, so it may be false.  Then I took a frep test and it was negative.  To be sure this morning I took a clearblue easy digital hpt and got a not pregnant.  I looked at the lines and all I saw was one line.  AF is due Monday also.