Maternal & Child Community
Clearblue digital pregnancy test

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Clearblue digital pregnancy test

I need some advice! Has anyone here ever taken a clearblue digital pregnancy test? I have been testing now for a week and have used all three test sticks in the pack and the display has shown the same result 'Not pregnant'. Whenever I ejected the test stick there was only ever one blue line, except for last night, there were two! Has anyone else experienced this? I know on the instructions it says that you may see one or two blue lines when you remove the test stick and that you should ignore these and just take notice of the disply. But I can't help think there is something going on, now that a second blue line has appeared.
On most of those tests, there is an 800# to call if you have questions.  Give a call and see what they say.
Hey There,
            I can tell you I tested last month with one of those and got a not pregnant result.. I did however have a light second line.. but I restested with First Response and got a negative and then I got my period so it was right.. You can always call the 800 number.. I called and they said to ignore any lines on the test stick.. So I would say your not pregnant for now.. Try a different test.. First Response works really well and I plan on sticking with those test.. They are very accurate and sensitive.. Ive been using them since my last pregnancy and ive always got the right result and never left in the dark wondering if im pregnant or not.. So try First Response.. Or just go and get a blood test from the doctor instead of wasiting all your money on tests.. and making yourself crazy.. Good Luck.. Have A Good Night..

~*Chloe*~
Thanks guys for your support, I guess I should have had the common sense to just call the helpline but I am in a bit of a state with myself and I am just not thinking straight!  I have just missed my second period, so I don't know what to think anymore!  I have never missed a period in my life and nothing has changed or is causing me stress.  I have been reading some stories online about women whose tests never showed positive until they were three months, but to me that seems highly unlikely.  I feel like flushing my head down the toilet!
Just wanted to say thanks for your encouragement!  I guess everyones body works differently, but if my period does not start by the end of this month and the HPT's are still negative then I am going to ask for an ultrasound.  I know it sounds daft, but there is no harm in asking right?  I will hang in there and never lose hope until AF shows her face!
Love Claire xx
my mother never had a positive test until she was 6 months preggo with me, thank god for ultrasounds!  Hang in there!!!! (((((HUGSS))))) Jana
You don't have to ask for an ultrasound, just pop in and ask for a blood test.  That won't give you a wrong answer.
I really do not understand these test, especially the digital ones.  The made a big mistake when they manufactured those, are they just trying to confuse us even more?
Since I took that test I have tried early pregnancy tests like First Response and the normal Clear Blue where you get a + for a positive and a - for a negative, but they all turned out to be negative!! Aaaaargh
I have now missed two periods, getting even more confused and have even started leaking urine.  I am also peeeeeed of because my doctor will not take me seriously, neither will she let me have a blood test.  The only explanation she offered me was some womens test do not show until they are three or more months along because the hormone levels at first are so low, the pregnancy is going to abort, but then decides it is going to progress so the levels increase.  She added that this was very RARE and there was no chance that this was what was happeneing to me!  I am sooooooo mad.
So now I guess I am going to have to leave it another month and if AF doesnt show, test again.  I am even thinking of faking stomach pains and going to A&E in the hope they will give me a scan!  Long shot I know, but I am just not getting anywhere with anyone.
So you did not find out you were pregnant until you were three months along?  What explanation did the doctor offer for this?
Claire xxx
sorry, i meant a "NOT PREGNANT" and my friend got a "Pregnant" on that thing.
omg, i did the same thing, and actually i tested last with that piece of **** (sorry but i am mad at it), anyway i kept getting the same thing, 3 tests all read NOT PREGNANT and when i popped the test strip out, it showed 2 lines, i don't think it is as accurate as they say, go buy an early pregnancy test and a non early pregnancy test (because if your further along an early pregnancy test can show a negative or a faint line, i was told by an OG/GYN that some woman at 4 to 7 months taking an early pregnancy test can show a negative) that was a HUGE shock to me. but anyway, yes i am pregnant, i took the pregnancy test when i was a little over a full month, then again at 3 months, got all negatives, and I also know someone who got a "Positive" and she wasn't pregnant, for some reason I feel like breaking that thing!
he said that the reason "i didn't give you another blood test is because you got a negative wait it out and see if you get a positive then we can bring you in to get the blood test and a U/S"
How many months were you when you discovered you were pregnant?  Did the doctor offer you any explanation as to why the pregnancy tests were negative when in actual fact you were pregnant?

Claire xx
I usually have my period on a 26 day cycle, sometimes a day or two later.  I have used the digital and it came up pregnant, this was after using a pre-period test which was positive.  It made it easier for me because I'm in a state of disbelief.  Is there any way these tests can say pregnant and you not be, or is it just the other way round?
I am in the same dilemma.  Have done clear blue 2 digital  and got a negative and a normal and negative still no period.  is it just stress?? do you need to do the test mid stream or straight away?
I used it got a very clear "Pregnant" and I was.  It worked for me and I was only a day late.