Maternal & Child Community
Clenched fists
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Clenched fists

Does anyone know if clenched fists is an indication of anything other than colic? Brody is 12 weeks old now (he was 5 weeks early, so would have been 7 weeks old now) and his fists are always tightly clenched. Is this normal? I can't remember this with my girls when they were babies. Maybe I'm worrying over nothing!
Related Discussions
12 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
151154_tn?1208134182
Ayden clenches his fists everytime he breastfeeds.  I don't think thats a sign of anything wrong.  At least I hope not.  How is Brody!!!!   I haven't talked to you in so long!
Blank
167_tn?1374177417
That's what I thought. I'm probably just worrying over nothing. With all of the issues he had early on, I worry too much! He is smiling and cooing now though and I love it! He is doing well. How is Ayden? Are you still nursing? I am, just got back from my lunch break to go nurse him. I pump once in the morning at work, go home at lunch to nurse and pump once in the afternoon and then nurse the rest of the day/evening/night and try to get one in before work. I'm exhausted!! I still say it's worth it though!
Blank
167_tn?1374177417
Duh...you just said that Ayden clenches his fists everytime he breastfeeds, which would mean you ARE still breastfeeding! (:
Blank
177465_tn?1288242063
Hey Jen! (and Lynne) :)

Max is almost 6 weeks and he clenches his fists most of the time. When I bottle feed, he unclenches them (almost like he's trying to hold the bottle...so cute), but that's about it. I think it's perfectly normal though!
Blank
DD still does it from time to time (when she's excited, mad, etc).  I remember her doing it a lot when she was around Brody's age.  Her ped said it's normal for them to clench their fists.  If you open them up, does he let you?
Blank
i cant believe how fast everyones little ones are growing!  
Blank
167_tn?1374177417
Hey ladies! Perty, you and me both! I cannot believe I'm already back to work and Brody is 3 months old already. I want him to stay little forever ):

Anyhow, yes, he does open them up if I open them but if I don't, they remain clenched. Tightly clenched most of the time and up by his face. He just seems so tense all of the time...even his legs stiffen. He is a very, very gassy baby. I think that's probably why he gets tense. He's not extremely fussy though...just for a little bit in the evening.
Blank
151154_tn?1208134182
Jen you must be exhausted!!   I'm tired and I only have 2 kids!  Ayden is doing great.  He has reflux pretty bad and that has made me a nervous wreck since his choking incident so I don't sleep ever but its worth it.  He smiles all the time and coos.  Its cute.  He notices me coming toward him now and smiles.  He is a pretty good baby for the most part.  
Perty, talk about time flying you will be having your little one in no time!  I can believe it!!!!
Jess long time no talk!   I will be putting recent pics on myspace somtime this week.  I have to check yours to see if you have any!  
Blank
177465_tn?1288242063
Time IS flying! Perty you are getting so close now! :)

Lynne...I do have quite a few pics up on my myspace. I think I put more up last week (I think) lol. I will have to check yours out for Ayden pics!

Jen should I hit your myspace up too for more of little Brody?? I love your default pic on there! So cute! :)
Blank
167_tn?1374177417
Yes, I do have more new pics on myspace. I checked yours out the other day. CUTE! Lynne, I haven't visited your page in a while, I will have to do that ;) Perty, I can't believe how close you are...time flies...except for when you're pregnant!
Blank
177465_tn?1288242063
Jen...I'll have to go check them out! LYNNE...still waiting! lol
Blank
151154_tn?1208134182
Jess, I'm computer stupid!!  My husband has to put my pics up because I have no idea how to do it.  I'll have him do it tommorow or Thursday.  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...