Maternal & Child Community
Clomid and Progesterone Levels

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Clomid and Progesterone Levels

Hey!  This is my first time to be on this site as well as my first month to take Clomid.  I had my period on June 11, 2007 and began taking 50mg of Clomid the next day for days 2-6 of my cycle.  I tested for ovulation on days 11-17 of my cycle and never had a positive test.  A few days after day 17 I developed a cyst on my right ovary, and then a few days later a cyst on my left ovary.  On day 22 I had my progesterone level taken and it was 22.8.  My Dr. was very excited and said that I did ovulate, just probably later in the month than when I was testing.  I took a Home Preg. Test on Day 30 and it was negative.  Now, I am taking Prometrium to try and get my period...I am on day 32 of my cycle, still with no period.  I have been cramping for about a week, have sore breasts, and have been running to the bathroom all the time.  I know that those could be side effects from the Clomid though.  Anyway, I am wondering, could I be pregnant?  When should I take another HPT?  Also, I don't understand all the abbreviations yet...sorry for the long message!  I would appreciate any insight from people who have or are taking Clomid with irregular periods!  Thanks!
i took clomid with both pregnancies.  i know its frustrating.  i had no side effects from the clomid but, only took it once for both pregnancies.  my friend almost went 7 months of clomid and had to invitro.  she is pregnant now.  don't give up hope.  i took my test 3 days after i was suppose to get my period and it was negative.  it took almost a week.  it maybe the clomid keep trying.
Avatar n tn
Thank you for your response.  It is so hard not to get so bogged down in all the details of this.  I have never thought about one thing so much!  How long do you think I should wait before I take another HPT?
Avatar n tn
Thank you for praying for me!  That is the thing that is so confusing for me...I don't have a regular cycle.  My Dr. told me to base everything on a 28 day cycle because I have to take progesterone to be able to start my period each month.  I usually wait a few days after 30 days, then take a HPT, then start taking progesterone...but this is my first month to take the clomid and get my progesterone level taken!!  I KNOW that this will all come together for good, but it can be so nerve racking!
if your period was june 11, how many days does ur cycle run?  mine runs 30 days.  i took my test five days after i was suppose to get my period.  it was negative then i was getting frustrated and took dollar tests for a week until i got a good dark line.  good luck.  i'm praying for u.  keep me updated.
Avatar n tn
I started taking clomid today. (5-9 cycle days) I am praying that all goes well. I'll keep you all posted:)
Avatar n tn
Hi im on my 3rd cycle of clomid 50 mg on days (5-9) on my 1st cycle my progesterone level was 1 and the 2nd cycle it was 12.5 and now on my 3rd its 21 and i get tested on day 21 of my cycle...i have to agree with most of the women on here that this is very fusterating...because i've had 4 misscarriages so I really want this to work...anyone with any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks