Clomid and Progesterone Levels
Hey!  This is my first time to be on this site as well as my first month to take Clomid.  I had my period on June 11, 2007 and began taking 50mg of Clomid the next day for days 2-6 of my cycle.  I tested for ovulation on days 11-17 of my cycle and never had a positive test.  A few days after day 17 I developed a cyst on my right ovary, and then a few days later a cyst on my left ovary.  On day 22 I had my progesterone level taken and it was 22.8.  My Dr. was very excited and said that I did ovulate, just probably later in the month than when I was testing.  I took a Home Preg. Test on Day 30 and it was negative.  Now, I am taking Prometrium to try and get my period...I am on day 32 of my cycle, still with no period.  I have been cramping for about a week, have sore breasts, and have been running to the bathroom all the time.  I know that those could be side effects from the Clomid though.  Anyway, I am wondering, could I be pregnant?  When should I take another HPT?  Also, I don't understand all the abbreviations yet...sorry for the long message!  I would appreciate any insight from people who have or are taking Clomid with irregular periods!  Thanks!
i took clomid with both pregnancies.  i know its frustrating.  i had no side effects from the clomid but, only took it once for both pregnancies.  my friend almost went 7 months of clomid and had to invitro.  she is pregnant now.  don't give up hope.  i took my test 3 days after i was suppose to get my period and it was negative.  it took almost a week.  it maybe the clomid keep trying.
Thank you for your response.  It is so hard not to get so bogged down in all the details of this.  I have never thought about one thing so much!  How long do you think I should wait before I take another HPT?
if your period was june 11, how many days does ur cycle run?  mine runs 30 days.  i took my test five days after i was suppose to get my period.  it was negative then i was getting frustrated and took dollar tests for a week until i got a good dark line.  good luck.  i'm praying for u.  keep me updated.
Thank you for praying for me!  That is the thing that is so confusing for me...I don't have a regular cycle.  My Dr. told me to base everything on a 28 day cycle because I have to take progesterone to be able to start my period each month.  I usually wait a few days after 30 days, then take a HPT, then start taking progesterone...but this is my first month to take the clomid and get my progesterone level taken!!  I KNOW that this will all come together for good, but it can be so nerve racking!
I started taking clomid today. (5-9 cycle days) I am praying that all goes well. I'll keep you all posted:)
Hi im on my 3rd cycle of clomid 50 mg on days (5-9) on my 1st cycle my progesterone level was 1 and the 2nd cycle it was 12.5 and now on my 3rd its 21 and i get tested on day 21 of my cycle...i have to agree with most of the women on here that this is very fusterating...because i've had 4 misscarriages so I really want this to work...anyone with any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks