Maternal & Child Community
Clomid answers for stephw and anyone else taking it

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I was on 50mg of Clomid and started on day 4 and took it through day 8 (had a 5 day course).  I had to get a shot on day 13 because it wasn't until then that a follicle had grown to 2.1cm and there was no indication that I was about to have an LH surge.  

The only thing my DH and I did different was we didn't BD until we were told so his boys wouldn't get depleted.  

Had a post coital on day 14 to make sure things were moving around as they should and things were fine.  Had progesteron levels checked a week after that and that was fine too.  

I have you and all those TTC in my prayers!  Can't wait to hear good news from all!
I have a question and this is for a friend of mine who is TTC. She found out she has PCOS on both ovaries, very severe. Well, they are putting her on Clomid b/c she isn't ovualting and having a normal period. How will Clomid help this if she has severe PCOS. Seems like they would need to help that out before she tried to get pregnant??? They aren't really telling her much right and she doesn't know what she can do.
clomid will regulate her period and help her ovulate. i hope they are closely monitoring her though because clomid can cause cysts. i don't think she needs anymore.
~nanci
Gook luck with that. I too am about to start chlomid. My cycles show I ovulate around cd 18 on a 28-30 day cycle, but my luteal phase is rarely over 10 days. I started spotting on tuesday, I was directed to take the chlomid from cd 3-7, but I technically haven't started my period yet, still just spotting. my temps are still above the cover line, but they seem to be dropping slightly. Should I take a pregnancy test before I take the chlomid? I usually only spot for a day or so and then start heavy. Today is cd 33 and I'm still just spottin'.
i would test and if it is negative call your doc and see what they want you to do. My RE considered the first FULL day of flow as day 1
~nanci
Thanks MarianneR for the info. See, I wish I can get that HCG shot. I think I'll need it to ovulate, but I'm not seeing an RE, just OB-GYN and he said they don't do HCG shots just RE's do. I have good feeling I won't ovulate this round. Today is  CD16...I do get ovulation pains, or at least I think they are (its twinges right where ovaries are and happen on both sides but not at same time) and also get light cramps that feel just like AF cramps! I hope that's not a bad sign. Anyways, still no rise in temp. I'll be praying thoughl; if no ovulation this round, I'm going to up it to 100mg. It will be my last and final round, so I'm not too worried about cysts or anything.

I requested a progestrone test and was supposed to be day25 but I'm going out of town, so I have to take at day22. I think this will be too early for me (?). Will the results be accurate if you take progestrone test say 3,4 or 5 dpo? Or will they be low? This sucks...I was hoping I'd know for sure what level its at to determine whether or not to up the dose.

And the question regarding PCOS. Well, you can't really treat that. Its something one will always have. But I've heard of a med that helps w/ PCOS to conceive as well as clomid. Its called Gulchogase....something Guch... (sorry don't know the spelling). But I've read on CLomid boards SOOO MANY women w/ PCOS conceive. So she should have a really good chance.

Thanks, Nanakay- I was thinking that too, yesterday I thought for sure I was starting heavy, but it never really transpired although I did bleed some. Today its tapered back off to pretty much nothing. So if yesterday was considered my first 'full day', then I should start taking chlomid tomorrow and my doc has already left for the weekend. I'm definitely going to test though.
I have PCOS, and they put me on provera first to get my ovulating and then they put me on clomid, i am now 11 wks pregnant. It just depends on how heavy a dose they give her and if she gets her period every month. I would only get mine every 6 or so months so when i wanted to conceive they had to regulate my system first. She still has a chance to become pregnant it will just take longer.
Did your doctor put you on  the provera and clomid at the same time?  I have been taking clomid and provera at the same time, but they seem like an odd combition to take.  Wouldn't the provera cause your period and make pregnancy unlikely?
hi
Hi I am new to this site.  Just wanted to get in touch with some women experiencing what I am.  I have an irregular cycle about once every 8 months or so.  My husband and I have been trying for about 2 years to get pregnant, we finally started seeing an RE, this was our first month with him.  I took Prevara to get my cycle and then clomid days 5-9, then on about day 17 I had an HCG injection.  I took a test today and it was negative, so I am a little bummed out, well actually bawling uncontrolably,lol.  I am keeping my chin up and praying that this will work and soon we will have a child, and the rest of you are in my prayers as well.
Hi i am new to this site and i was needing to ask a question? I have been having irregular periods. So when i started my period last month on july 1st and ended on the 5th. I started clomid the next day for five days. Then my husband and i had intercourse the next day. On july 11th till the 16th. Then after 2 weeks i have been getting nausiated and dry heaving. Now today august 2 i am bleeding. Am i spotting or am i really on my menstrual? Please let me know thank you
I have been TTC for about 1 yr now and am getting very frustrated.  My periods have always been a little out of whack but for the last 9-14 months they have been all crazy.  One month 23 days, another 28 days, another 37 or 40 or 12????  Driving me NUTS!!!!  I have been preggo twice and have 1 3 yr old(from my first marriage) so it must be able to happen??  I went through a rough time with a lot of stress and am thinking that maybe that has caused this, also I am always worrying and can't get wanting a baby out of my mind.  I am recently remarried(he has no children) and have found out that my DH has a low sperm count running between 2 -5 million.  No varicoceles or hormonal imbalances, just a low count.  My doctor has given me my first round of clomid to start this cycle(50mg days 5-9 which am starting Tues) and I was wondering if maybe I can get regulated that it would help us concieve (conceive), even with his low count.  It only takes 1 right??  Anyone been in this situation with a hopeful success story to maybe help me along here and cheer me up??  It would be wonderful!!
I recently found out I have PCOS and the doctor has put me on provera to start my period and clomid days 5-9 and a progesterone test on day 21. I had twins in 2006 after 6 cycles of clomid it finally happened! But I delievered prematurely at 23 weeks 6 days and they both passed away. So we are on the move again to have more babies! But my question is did I have PCOS the first time I got pregnant? Will the clomid work again? I am so desperate! I want another baby so bad. Anyone else with this problem that can maybe give me some hope and make me feel more confident? Email me...***@****.

Thanks,
Katie
I recently found out I have PCOS and the doctor has put me on provera to start my period and clomid days 5-9 and a progesterone test on day 21. I had twins in 2006 after 6 cycles of clomid it finally happened! But I delievered prematurly at 23 weeks 6 days and they both passed away. So we are on the move again to have more babies! But my question is did I have PCOS the first time I got pregnant? Will the clomid work again? I am so desperate! I want another baby so bad. Anyone else with this problem that can maybe give me some hope and make me feel more confident? Email me...***@****.

Thanks,
Katie
Keep your chip up sweetie I am a 30 yr old mother of twin 7 month old boys.  I have PCOS as well and irregular periods now.  We used 100mg of clomid days 5-9 and on 10 qwe had an ultra sound to moniter folicle growth. I had two  matching folicles and we did a HCG shot and IUI the next morning.  Now I want to be a surrogate mother and help a couple and my cycle is late...

No i'm not pregnant my husband has a veasectomy.  I'm wandering if I should toy is 10-4-07 I have an apointment on the 9th I want to know if progesterone will start my period and if I could do the sam for next month because that is when I am flying to Beverly Hills California for the IUI.  I will need to start me period and do days 5-9 clomid and the shot to release the egg or eggs to be ready for the swimmers.
My periods are very irregular. I am due to start my first round of Clomid this next cycle on days 3-7. I started spotting last night and then having something that seems in between spotting and a normal period all day today. Is this my first day of the cycle or is this still considered "spotting" in a dr's terms? Not sure if I start my Clomid in 2 days or not. I don't want to mess up! Any suggestions?