Maternal & Child Community
Clomid days 4-8 vs. 5-9 or 6-10

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Clomid days 4-8 vs. 5-9 or 6-10

My dr. started me on clomid 50 mg last months for days 6-10.  However, the pharmacy messed up and put 5-10 on the bottle and I ended up taking it days 5-9.  I didn't ovulate until Day 19 and 4 dpo, my progesterone was 24 (Yeah! It's usually 10 or less) But then AF came at 8 dpo.  I had blood tests done to confirm I wasn't pg and my progesterone was 0.4.  The dr. called me in another prescription for Clomid with same instructions.  However, since I didn't O until so late, I started taking it yesterday, Day 4.  I've read tons of places that 3-7 and 5-9 are the most common instructions, so do you think 4-8 would be okay?  I'm just afraid that O'ing so late is what got me screwed up last month.  I'm not going to tell my dr., though...what he doesn't know won't hurt him :)  So, has anyone else taken it days 4-8?  If so, what day do you usually ovulate?  Thanks.
My Dr also prescribed it for 5-9.  i noticed i was ovulating on cd18-cd19 and even cd21.  he told me if i did not ovulate by cd 16 it was not working so i started taking it cd4 at night (which is almost cd5)  i want to take it cd 3 but i am scared to do that too.  sso i am anxious to see what others think.  the later you take it the later you ovulate. i think
I've taken Clomid for 4 cycles and all times I took it days 2 thru 6.  I've read the earlier in your cycle you take it the earlier you ovulate.  Good luck.
thats what i thought too.... my OB said for me to take clomid 5-9 & i must ovulate by between 13-15 but then i dont ovulate til 18-20... so i dont know what's up with that.... also, i noticed that on the first day i take clomid, i have severe cramps... does anyone have the same experience?
Hi, I did the 3-7 a couple of times. Even then I didn't ovulate until day 17, so the dr. doubled the clomid to 100. I have read about women who first tried the 5-9 and then 3-7. I suppose it depends on your individual situation. Just ask your doc! Good luck!
Hi.  I took clomid on d 3-7.   I ended up o'ing on cd 17 (I think; based on bbt).  I took it in the evenings, because the first time I took it I couldn't make up mind if I wanted to take it or wait one more month to try to get pg naturally.  But in the evening, after discussing it with my dh, he said: just take it.  So I did.  Now I am pg - 5w5d, but I'm still holding my breath becaus I had a m/c last winter at 6wk, though I didn't know it until 8wk.
The funny thing with my dr. is that the nurse said he usually prescribed it Days 5-9, but for me he said 6-10, and she wasn't sure why.  Maybe it was because I was usually ovulating every cycle, but my progesterone was usually 10 or less at 7 dpo.  The cycle before I started Clomid, the progesterone was 14, so I guess I did ovulate "good" that cycle but it just didn't work. He warned me about the increased risk of twins and joked that he hoped I had triplets!  Some research I've read said later in the cycle produced less follicles, so  maybe he was just trying to reduce the chances of multiple ovulation.  Who knows?!?!  Also, my dr. is friends with my father-in-law who is Family Practice doctor and if we had twins, he'd hear about it the rest of his life!!   Another question I have, though, is since my progesterone had a quick fall last cycle, should I be taking progesterone supplements in the luteal phase?  Has any of your doctors suggested that?
I took clomid on cd 3 thru 7,  I think I ovulated on CD 13 because I had a +opk and felt cramps, but on CD14 my opk was also positive. DH and I did the BD cd 8,10,12,13,14. Im in the 2ww. I hope this works for me, its my first cycle on it.
I took clomid 4-8 and got pregnant first cycle. so yes I don't see why it wouldn't work.
hi i took clomid 2nd till 6th day of cycle it was 50mg it was my 1st cycle i ovulated on day b/c cd 13 or 14 now i m on 2WW lets see i hope clomid will work for me and God will bless me a cute little baby :) what do u think girls if i ovulated 13 or 14 cd what are my chances of getting pregnant ?
I completed my 1st cycle of clomid on 09/17 and i O on 09/24 and 09/25- bd from 09/21 to 09/28. I hope we were spot on this time around.

Baby dust to all.
I completed my 1st cycly of clomid on 9/21. I took a opk test andgot a positive last night. I BD DC,9,11,12,13,14,15, and this morning. My temp was up to 98.4 this morning. Do you think I O'd are am i in the process of O. O yeah i was on it form day 5-9. I took it at night becaus e the Dr. said that i would sleep through most of the side effects.  cramping and hotflashes. The cramps were only bad on the first day though.
Just wondering if anyone has heard of this.  I'm on my 2nd cycle of clomid, 50mg.  My doc has me taking it Days 1-5 then off for 5 days then taking it days 11-16 (while I'm ovulating).   Anyone every get prescribed like this?   I've had 3 MC and the last one I only knew a week I was pg and they checked my progesterone and it was way low.  So, the doc thinks this is the reason why I keep mc-ing.
when did you ovulate when you took it days 4-8 and did you take test and how do you know. thanks
I just started CLOMID this month.  My Dr. told me to take it on days 5 - 9 and that I should ovulate about days 17 and 18.  I really hope this works.  I also am on Provera to jump start my cycle because I don't have one on my own.  Anyone else have this problem?
hi i currently took clomid 100mg on days 5-9 and i just dont think i'm going to  ovulate??? idk, but last cycle i did the same thing and no "o", but i herd you have to take it a few cycles for it to work sometimes for some women. i hope i ovulate this time, but i was wondering if i dont, then next time should i take it on days 3-7??? just wondering and i wish everyone luck and lots of baby dust, and that there not alone in this, i just dont know what i'll do if i cant ovulate and get pregnant. my heart crys inside everyday that goes by with out me ovulating.....good luck everyone and stay positive like i'm trying to do....love lydia
The first time I took Clomid I was 24(now 34) I was taking 50mg and I took it days 5-9 of my cycle I became pregnant almost immediatley someone elses said it, it may just depend on the individual hope this helps.
I took 50mg clomid days 3-7 and did not ovulate to day 30.  I thought it didn't work b/c I was so late.  I just happened to feel myself ovulate.  We got pregnant on the first month...although it was a long first month.  

My doctor was shocked I was able to ovulate and catch it so late.  
HI all!!! I'm new to this forum... I finished my 1st round of clomid and started to spot light brown to pinkish on cd 30 and 31 and stopped today cd32/cd3... I thought this might be the start of my Af so I started my cd count over again.  I will be on cd 5 this monday and should start taking my round 2 of clomid.  I took 3 hpt and they have all been neg... My husband (he's a FP dr.) was thinking this could be implantation bleeding and thinks I should get a blood test done before I start my next round... has anyone else had this happen to them... My GF said she didn't get a positive hpt until she was almost 7 weeks... what should i do??? skip this months clomid???
Thanks!!!
Hi, yes I also have that problem. I've been diagnosed with PCOS and I also take provera to jump start my period otherwise I won't have one on my own. This is like the 4th time I've taken the Chlomid challenge and I am taking the max dosage of Chlomid. That's 3x's a day on days 3-7. I don't know what days I'm expected to ovulate but will take the ovul. tests on days 13 thru 17. I also take metformin but I hate it because of the stomach cramps and diarrhea.
hi,
i just noticed this post and maybe thought someone could give me some advice from experience.
Heres a little of my story iv had 2 ectopic pregnancys and just ( about a week ago) miscarried at 5weeks :-(.
I was prescribed clomid (clomafine) last dec i took it from days 2-6 (50mg) i did get preg from the first cycle but however it was ectopic.
I have been offered 2 rounds of ICIS that we were suppost to be starting this month however i did a preg test and it was positive only to have a miscarrage (miscarriage) at 5weeks :-( me and my partner have discussed 'giving it 1 more go naturally' now im wonderig weather to give the clomid a go i know you shouldnt do this without the docs say so but hey ho ill give anything ago!

any idvice on what works best should i try again days 2-6? my prob is i dont have a problem getting preg its getting it there because of my past ectopics one ruptured so i only have 1 tube which i thought was damaged due to another ectopic but iv just m/c and i had a ultrasound at 4w and a sack was visible so it did make it through my tube but unfortunatly wasnt meant to be :-(

Thanks in advance and baby dust to all *******
My doctor has me on 100mg of Clomid from CD 6-10. I've been reading that most of you are prescribed to take it cycle days 3-7 or 5-9. I am about to start my 4th dose of Clomid and I called to see if I can up the dose to 150mg which she agreed to.
Does anyone know why my doctor has me on cycle days 6-10? I have ovulated (at least the home ovulation predictor said I had a LH surge) days 19, 20, 21 normally while on Clomid. I've also had the cramps during ovulation.

All this is so frustrating and I feel I can't find the right answers. I might need to change doctors.
I have also been taking clomid, I m about to start my 5th round and I am up to 200 mg. My Dr has had me taking it days 5-9 but I have still not been ovulating, I have been thinking of taking it days 3-7 instead, since it wasn't working the other way. If this doesn't work, I don't think I can continue to do this to my body, my hot flashes have been so bad, I have not had a good nights sleep in 6 months!

Does anybody know of any supplements or vitamins I could take along with the clomid to help increase the odds? Any help or information would be very helpful!
I have been taking Clomid and the HCG shot for 2 months now, the first month was not successful but I did ovluate. I take my clomid 5-9 and rest two days the take the shot! Is everyone doing the samething. Has anyone had twins with Clomid & HCG?
hi im going to start my clomid for the first time at 50mg on day 5-9 but ialdo got prescribed progesterone to prepare the lining of my uterus ,i had 1 ectopic pregnancy and i just lost 2 moths ago another one at 5 weeks has any body had taking progesterone before will this help me holding the pregnancys?
hi.. i'm TTC for 3 months.. i'm 24.. i had mc 3 years ago.. currently i'm cd 18... had taken clomid 100mg 2-6 days and pregnyl 5000 iu shot cd 10.after a scan dr told to bd cd 11.12 13,15,16.. this is my first cycle of clomid....im 2ww wait
I have just started taking clomid on days 5-9 and i experience the cramping, but the only thing im concerned about is the fact that it doesn't seem like my cycle is about to stop any time soon...I'm so frustrated...I just want to hear the pitter patter of little feet sooon...
It' all depends on the length of your cycles mine are 32 days so my Dr has me on days 5-10 and I ovulate on day 19 as well.
Just want to make sure you all know that clomid is not a miracle pill. It can make you ovulate but not make you pregnant. If you ovulate but do not conceive, there is no reason to up the dose. Increasing the dose will not increase the odds of getting pregnant. If it's making you ovulate. It you're not getting pregnant, then it's a matter of timing, quality eggs and/or sperm, quality of your reproductive organs and overall health, or all of the above.
Im taking clomid for the second time ( 50mg ) the firt cycle i did it n my p. level was 9.5 n i didnt get pregnant. I start the second round tomorrow ne1 know if my levels will b higher or if i have a better chance to get pregnant this time?