Clomid question
I am on clomid for the first time, have a history of PCOS, and have been trying to conceive for over a year. How long till I can expect to ovulate, and when is the best time to have sex for the best chance of becoming pregnant?
i have been on clomid for about 3 months and still have not got pregnant, but i have been doing alot of reading and talking to others who have been on  it and some of them ovulated as early as day 12 to the lastest as day 17 so i have been having sex every other day starting on day 10 just to be sure that i have it covered what ever day i do ovulate but y doc said to make sure the have sex on day 14 for sure! i hope that helps hang in there we will all get thru this one day real soon.
I was on clomid for 3 months and finally got pregnant on the 3rd cycle with twins of all things. I too was diagnosed PCOS and my doctor told me because of the cysts there is no way of being sure if it a new follicle forming and releasing an egg or if it is one of the old cysts bursting of which case they are no good. He said give it time and he monitored me every month. I was taking it cd 3 to 7 and o'd right around the 13 or 14 day. it depends on how`soon you take it to how early you ovulate. Good Luck I hope it happens for you really soon.
I'm on my 1st round, too. Some sites say 7-10 days after last pill others say 5-9. I'm only 2 days off so I'm waiting. Very impatiently I might add.
iwas on 50mg CD2-6 and O'd CD14 and got BFP the 1st cycle.  good luck
i have been on clomid for about 3 months and i never had mood swings- and i am taking 150mg a month so not so sure why yo might have them!
Also did any of you who took or take clomid have terrible mood swings?
Thank you all for your encouraging words. This has been one of the most difficult times in my life and sometimes it feels like you are alone when everyone else seems to have such an easier time getting pregnant. And my husband (Bless his heart is great,) and wants to have a baby too, but doesnt quite understand the yearning a prospective mother has.
I have a history of PCOS too!! I took glucophage for 6 month before i started 50mg Clomid for 2 cycles. I did not ovulate on teh 2nd cycle at all!! We had to increase the dose to 100mg on the 3rd cycle. I was able to conceive in the same cycle. The good news is I now have the cutest 17 months old B/G twins!!! Hang in there it will happen for you soon.
And YES i was very moody when i was taking Clomid!! VERY MUCH! The ovulation period was the worst. I used to have pregnancy syptms during hte week of ovualtion ( headache, nausea...)
I was diagnosed with PCOS about 2 yrs ago and have been ttc for about 4 yrs. We are now on our 3rd cycle of clomid at 100mg. We are anciously awaiting the arrival of ovulation. It has been a struggle and very stressful, but always stay hopeful and don't get discouraged. We are all in this together and God will get us through it. Thats the way I see it anyway. I wish you the best of luck!!