Maternal & Child Community
Clomid side effects vs. pregnancy symptoms

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I took clomid on days 3-7 of my cycle.  I had a postive ovulation test on day 11.  It is now day 22.  Since day 20 my breasts have been really tender.  I was wondering if this could still be an effect from the clomid, or if it might be the first pregnancy sign.
It could really be either.  I did IUI with clomid and my breasts were so sore I was sure I was pregnant, although I wasn't.  Then I got pregnant and nothing whatsoever happened to my boobs: no soreness and no increase in size.  If it's been 22 days since ovluation, you should take a test (If you haven't already)!
I just finished my third cycle of Clomid after trying on our own for four years. While I was in getting the HCG injection I told the nurse how it was so frustrating and upsetting every time because I was getting sore breasts, so of course, I was thinking I was pregnant. She then told me that most women in my situation do the same thing,but if you are feeling those symptoms during the two weeks after finishing the Clomid and\or having an IUI procedure done that it's too soon to be experiencing those symptoms, so instead of being signs of pregnancy they are signs that it did not work. It is something I wish I would have known the first time around. I might have been able to better prepare myself.
That being said, every women is different and I do not feel that my fertility doctor is the end-all-be all. I sincerely wish you the best of luck, I think we all could use some.