Maternal & Child Community
Clomid.... timed intercourse or insemination?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Clomid.... timed intercourse or insemination?

Well, I am thinking of starting clomid in the future. However, my doctor said it is best to have insemination rather than timed intercourse. There is a 60% success rate over 6 months with insemination.  I was wondering how many of you got pregnant with this drug and which method did you use?
Related Discussions
11 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I was on Clomid for three months and got pregnant with timed intercourse.
Blank
I'm sure plenty of women have gotten pregnant on clomid without an iui. personally i got pregnant once with an iui and using letrazole (the clomid didn't work for me). the reason they probably say that more chance with iui is b/c the dr. is basically putting the sperm where it needs to be - it has much less traveling to do. also - this way they can check the sperm and see that the numbers are good. it's really up to you and dh what you're ready to do.  good luck.
Blank
I used clomid with timed intercourse. I got pregnant on my 6th cycle.  I am trying for my second child and once again will start using clomid. THe dr. Recommended iui, but my husband does not have a sperm issue. so we will try timed intercourse once again. keeping our fingers crossed.
Blank
I used 50mg of Clomid for 3 months and got preggo!  good luck!
Blank
I used 50mg of clomid and got pregnant on my third cycle, using timed intercourse.

Take Care
Blank
I used clomid and got pregnant on my 3rd cycle.  I took 100 mgs for 2 months and 150mgs for the 3rd month.  Good luck.
Blank
138725_tn?1278063590
Was on 50g, fell pg in 3rd cycle, when I got the timing wrong!
Blank
I used clomid and used timed intercourse and I got pregnant the first try! Have fun! I would try the timed intercourse first before going through the pain and expense of insemination.
Blank
Is the timed intercourse different on Clomid.  I'm on my first cycle of Clomid 50 mg. My doc told me to have sex every other day.  Can anyone offer special advice about timing on Clomid?

Thank you and good luck!
Blank
Has anyone gotten pregnant on their first round of clomid? I'm on my first round which ended 4 days ago. I'm on 50mg days 3-7. When should I start OPK testing?
Blank
Thanks for the info!  I am also trying clomid and timed intercourse, but this is my 4th time.  My dr said that at this point I could be hurting my chances by using clomid and not IUI because it decreased cervicular mucus. Has anyone hear anything like this?  I think we are just not quite ready for IUI, still hoping this can happen on our own...
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...