Closed cervix, bleeding, and cramping
Need opinions!  I have been bleeding heavier than a normal period for 6 days.  I saw my MD today.  Upon examination, my cervix was closed.  He said that I was probably miscarrying, but needed to do an ultrasound to be sure (He's also checking my levels as well...they were only 155 last week).  It is scheduled for Wednesday.  I always thought that if you were miscarrying your cervix would need to be open.  Any advice?

hi

i lost a baby at 6 weeks and had a complete miscarriage, i passed a clot in the toilet and had heavy bleeding after it, when i went to the hospital to have an internal my cervix was also closed, thus complete miscarriage, a scan was also performed to make sure there was nothing left behind and there wasnt. have you passed any clots with the bleeding? i couldnt believer i had miscarried until the scan but once that showed an empty uterus i had to accept it.
not a nice thing to go through, i really feel for you.

claire
I have passed clots and what appears to be tissue, but my MD says no tissue is present when he examines me.  My bleeding has been heavy for a week now with cramps that are pretty severe at times.  I will find out my new levels today which hopefully will give me insight.  Thanks for sharing your experience.  

Kay
hello again

it sound like you have had a complete miscarriage the too which is good as you shouldnt require a d&c ( i had a d&c when i lost my 2nd baby) and it messed my periods up and i didnt feel right inside for months afterwards (i have lost 3 babies prev) it isnt nice to go through it at all but your body knows something wasnt right with this pregnancy and has recognised that.
keep us posted, theres always someone her to chat to

claire
Well...My ultrasound showed that my miscarriage was complete.  At least I was spared a D & C.  Thanks for sharing.  It helped me to prepare for yesterday.
Kay