Maternal & Child Community
Clotting discharge at 6 weeks

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Clotting discharge at 6 weeks

Has anyone passed clots and had spotting at 6 weeks and gone on to have a normal pregnancy? I have had an ecotopic and another miscarriage before so i am getting anxious as i started spotting at 5.5 weeks. I had an ultra sound and the tech told me it was not viable but the Dr. disagreed and said she was incorrect. He thought i had my dates wrong and was a week earlier than i thought. I go back for another ultra sound this coming Monday. I would be 7 weeks according to my numbers or 6 weeks and 5 days according to his. I started to pass some clots this week after the ultra sound but no cramps. My HCG continues to double and was 33,000 on Monday with progesterone at 19...the same it was two weeks ago. Has anyone passed clots and gone on to carry a normal pregnancy? Does 33,000 for an HCG level seem to high for 5 weeks? The ultra sound only showed a slightly irregular gestational sac...no yolk.
Hi. I passed a small clot when I was 4.5 weeks pregnant and spotted on and off for 1 week. I am 8.5 now and have seen the hb twice, so hopefully this pregnancy is ok. I am afraid you will have to wait for the u/s, I hope everything goes well. Good luck!!  

Your quant numbers sound like they are doing great.  However, I wish I had better news as far as your progesterone level.  If it hasn't gone up in two weeks...well that doesn't sound good.  Your progesterone level should keep going up.  This is basically what holds the fetus inside.  How do I know...cause this is the problem I suffer from every time I get pregnant (one birth, two miscarriages, currently 1-month prego).  Add that to the fact that you're passing clots...I don't know sweetie.  I will keep you in my prayers.

If you do miscarry, perhaps talk to your doctor about starting progesterone supplements now (if you plan on getting pregnant again anytime soon).  It's better to start progeterone supplements before you get pregnant rather than after.
hey!  i'm currently 11wks and 3days... the other night i woke up to go to the bathroom and when i wiped there was some blood and a clot.  i went to the er where they did some tests and ultrasounds.  it turns out i have a uterine fibroid and that's most likely what caused the clot.  it's only 3cm and i was told to not worry about it.  i didn't have any cramping either.  maybe you have the same thing and your dr. missed it?  good luck!
blessings,
~Candace