Maternal & Child Community
Come check this out
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Come check this out

http://community.parentingweekly.com/pregnancy/

this is a wonderful site that you can make lots of friends that are going through the same things u are.... i am on the april board becasue i am due in april it is a great site....

I think that it was much more helpfull and nicer than this one....

Sharla
Related Discussions
26 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
134578_tn?1404951303
Thanks for the referral, though I don't see any reason to slap this one when recommending another one.
Blank
Then leave! What did you come back here for?
Blank
248325_tn?1189759431
the reason why I said that was mainly because i was reading through some of the post and it was u that made me say that because almost every time u post its something negative that u post or hatefull like its wrong to ask questions.......... I am now being ugly is just giving woman another source to go to that was a nicer one........
Blank
134578_tn?1404951303
Hmm.  Maybe I should change my name to "MeanAnnieBrooke."  
Blank
134578_tn?1404951303
All kidding aside, which posts of mine did you find negative or hateful like its wrong to ask questions?
Blank
255377_tn?1219405811
I do agree with Mommyandimworried. I dont know if you are intentionally being mean or not but thats the way it comes across in some of your posts. Some do seem a little harsh:
PERIODS AND PREGNANCY (a fabulous weapon).
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO HEAL FROM A C-SECTION (pamed34).
PERIOD PREGNANCY (msahlin).
FIRST APPT WITH NEW DOC (2ndbaby).
SMOKING (ksanden).
Blank
169867_tn?1327602254
Good grief , all these petty arguments!
I'm not saying that there are some very blunt answers on this site but sometimes that isn't purposefully "mean" and just the way someone writes. I myself re -read my posts to make sure they can't be taken out of context but I have to stick up for Annie and say she's left numerous posts on my threads that haven't been taken in the lest bit offensively, so I don't think she's particularly brutal as a poster :)
Any derogatory comments that I receive on my threads I take with a pinch of salt.
People are putting their questions on for an opinion at the end of the day and we all have one. We may not agree with each other but why should we not say what we feel about a situation if the poster is asking for our opinion?
Don't you ever write a text message on your phone and then read it back and think "oops" that could be taken either way? I admit that I do..

Ruth xx
Blank
I have to agree with Ruthie on this one.  I went back to and reread some of those comments and really I think it comes down to how you take it.  I saw nothing offensive personally, but everyone is different.  We all take that risk when we post as to how it will come across to others.  It also offends some of us when we read that the people here are negative and mean, even though the person posting this may not mean to offend others, again, all in how you interpret it.  I have gotten great advice from the gals here, and just ignore the comments that seem negative.  Hopefully the new site will be helpful to the gal that feels uncomfortable here, we all deserve to be happy and feel safe.  If she's not happy here, then by all means, find a happy place, that doesn't offend me.  Anyway Annie, gotta say I have gotten some great advice from you, always glad to see your posts.
Blank
127529_tn?1331844380
Now I am not one to get involved in cyber argumants as a rule but..............

I am sticking up for Annie too, yes she is frank and to the point at times but is also very compassionate and caring, she takes time to answer ALOT (caps to stress that word, no shouting here!) of questions, even some quite ridiculous ones sometimes that no one else has the patience to bother answering!

Now if those answers aren't what people want to hear I believe the origional poster has given a link for a much 'nicer' site.............
Blank
255377_tn?1219405811
Some of you are such b*****s and know just how to make poeple feel unwelcome and uncomfortable.
Birds of a feather and all that!
Blank
93532_tn?1349374050
Is this a serious post? Annie of all people is being slammed for being a what? Now, peek and I maybe, but Annie? She may be frank, but i woulnd't go as far as to say she is rude, mean, a witch, or anything like that.,  In fact, I often applaud her silently as she is able to say what I want to say WITHOUT the tone i usually carry in my words.

Sorry if someone mistook this website as being all about sunshine blowing and such. Perhaps the realists in the world are birds of a feather and all that.
Blank
134578_tn?1404951303
This comment of mine is one you gave as an example of me being harsh:  "Healing from a c-section for purposes of having another baby -- you're supposed to wait at least 6 months, and some doctors say 18 months.  Healing in general so you can walk around without pain -- sooner."  It was brief because it followed a long list of others' comments and recapped some of them.  If it hurt the feelings of the original poster, she didn't say so, as here is what she posted back:  "Too all Thanks for the information.  I'm definitly not trying to heal to have another baby.  I just want to feel better so that I can pick my son up alot better than I do know because at night it's still hard for me to get out of bed with the pain still there.  I have pain meds but I'm trying not to take them because I am the only one home during the day with my son and I need to be alert.  Thanks for all the info."  

I read all the posts you cited (except for the "First Appt with New Doc," which for some reason I can't find).  I don't think there is anything wrong with asking someone who didn't know which of two men was the father of her baby why it was that she was having unprotected sex with two guys.  In this day and age, someone who doesn't regularly use condoms risks death, not just pregnancy.  On the smoking post, I can't think of any sweet way to say that  SIDS risk goes up when there is a smoker in the house even if he or she smokes outside.  Again, this is a serious issue involving protecting a life.  I don't think it should not be mentioned; the consequences are too serious.  

As for the post with the poster who had a period a week early and took a pregnancy test and it was negative, and she posted asking if she was pregnant, I should have just left that one alone.  She didn't give enough information to tell any reason that she would be pregnant, and there is or used to be a rule against asking "am I pregnant" on this site.  I shouldn't write when I find the question exasperating.  But I don't think my response was bad enough to merit the b-word.

What I take from this is that even with the best intentions, a poster on this site will please some people and offend some people (and maybe bore most people, LOL) and that's just a reflection of a population of people.  I don't mind being called on it, since it tells me not to write an answer unless I'm in a good mood, and especially that I should risk being offensive only if I really think it is worth it.  I guess in terms of SIDS and unprotected sex / AIDS, I think it's worth the cost.  I would add teen pregnancy to the list of things I'm willing to offend people about.
Blank
172023_tn?1334675884
Hey, old Cow.  Welcome to the B Club.  Moooooooooooooo!  

*swigs wine*
Blank
for the love of god! annie is the ONE person on here that has been the sweetest and most caring and kind.  i could totally understand had you said i was a biotch, but not annie.  i suppose either it was the tone was taken wrong (how can you stop that its said over the internet), or it was something that had come up over and over again, or my favorite, just a stupid question that without doubt should have been deleted before it was posted.  i didnt go back and read, i already know that there must be some very thinned skin people around.  i say good ridence and i hope the people on your new site are as whiny and wimpy as you seem to be.  :)    now THAT is something said worth complaining about
Blank
172023_tn?1334675884
PK
Mooooooooo to you too!

*swigs more wine*
Blank
256077_tn?1204231097
Im very new to this site, and I do have to say that everyone on here has been nice to me. I personally respect and welcome someone who is straight to the point. I want someones honest opinion if im asking a question, not someone who is gonna hold my hand and tell me what I want to hear.  Anyways
Blank
134578_tn?1404951303
Well, aren't all you just the sweetest things!  Thank you for all your kind words.  I promise to offend only when I mean to offend.  :)  

Newly anointed member of B Club,

Annie
Blank
peek since i cant have my merlot, i am having my  ice cream to add to those ### lol
Blank
93532_tn?1349374050
PK, I am not drinking either. I will just have to drown my self in something else. But if I stand too close to peek, I may end up with a contact high.

****smoothly slides into Peek's personal space.....wooo! Momma is feeling a little buzzed already****
Blank
248325_tn?1189759431
When I first made this post i was in no mean to make such a big splash...  Forgive me...
I too must of been going through theses crazy mood swings with me being 10 weeks preggo and having a 2 year old running around the house...lol I appoligize for being so ugly... It was I guess i must of miss understood or took them out of context.... I DO APPOLIGIZE....

With that being said I only wanted to tell u ladies that where pregnant... That there was a great site out there that i had found And only truly wanted to inform the pregnant ones there was a place that had alot of woman who where experiencing the same things they were... and had birth clubs... for all who where due in the same months......again I do appoligize for this bullitin and hope that some do come to join... It's not that its the  whiny and wimpy club as someone had stated.... Its Just a website That has helped me alot and thought that it might help others so i came back to my original site to tell others....
Sorry to all that got so upset about this...
Thank You and I DO APPOLIGIZE ONCE AGAIN...........
Sharla
Blank
now come on you guys.. I AM THE NICEST HERE>.LMAO
Blank
134578_tn?1404951303
Honey, I can be blunt if it sounds like someone is making a choice that harms herself or a child, I was only surprised to be called hateful.  I am all for a good site that has helped you and other women.  Please don't apologize.
Blank
255377_tn?1219405811
Well im not apologising. I do think your comments seemed harsh and i still think your all b*****s! LOL!
I wouldnt say im wimpy or winey though ;)
Blank
127529_tn?1331844380
We are all ******* at times! We know that; what woman doesn't have a little bit of ***** in her now and then??!!!
Blank
150937_tn?1235947480
AMEN!
Blank
134578_tn?1404951303
I never thought you should apologize. (LOL)  Just don't get me started on what I would say to a 16-year-old who thinks it would be fun if her 'n' her boyfriend had a baby, except that he is a smoker and has two other kids and neither of them has a job.  THEN you would see me be harsh.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...