Conceiving after birth of child
How soon can you conceive again after the birth of a child? I gave birth to my DD about 5 weeks ago. Does anyone know how many weeks it takes to start your AF again?
I've read - 6 months if everything went okay is an okay time to start trying.  BUT 14-15 months is when your body is fully recovered and ready for a baby again.
hi it really depends on each women i am living proof on this i have 2 dd less then 1 year apart i fell pregnant with dd no2 when dd no1 was only 6 weeks old i now have a 14 month old and 12 week old.i was breastfeeding aswell and on the mini pill so anything is possible are you breastfeeding at all?are you planning on conceiving straight away just a word of advice you should wait as 2 babies are very hard work you need to spend some quality time with your dd this is my only regret about 2 babies so close dd no1 dosent get very much time spent on her i try my hardest but it is very hard.also since the pregnancy hormones are leaving your body still you still fell like maybe you want another baby now  i spose i did as time goes on you may think twice its weired i cant explain but anyway good luck to you if you ever want to chat my email addy is ***@**** good luck
It is different for everyone. If you are not breastfeeding you will probably start your cycle soon. If you breastfeed it can take anwhere from a few months to over a year to start your period. I breastfeed exclusively and I usually have my first period when my baby is about 10 months to 14 months. I always get pregnant during the first cycle after my first period. My kids are all between 18-22 months apart and we have used no birth control other than breastfeeding.

That doesn't work for everyone though.
Thanks for the responses. I'm currently breastfeeding 1/2 time. I'm also not on the pill. My doctor said it's best to wait a year, but that doesn't neccessarily mean something will go wrong in the second pregnancy. She went on to say that before birth control, it was very common to have births occur so close together. We're not "trying" to get pregnant, but if it happens...

We'd like to have another child within the next two years.