Maternal & Child Community
Concert while Pregnant

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Concert while Pregnant

OK girls - have any of you attended a concert while you were pregnant?  I will be 6 months next week and my husband's friend got us 2 front row tickets to the Evanescence concert tonight.  My favorite band in the whole entire world.  I'm somewhat afraid to go thinking it may be too loud for the twins.  What are your thoughts?
I've never heard anyone say that going to a concert could be harmful to the baby.    I've never went to any concerts myself so I don't know how loud they actually get.  I've never heard of that band so I don't know what type music they play or if the crowd would be out of hand.   Hope someone has an answer for you.
haha, i asked my dr this when i was prego w/ my son.  i was 8mths and saw the Bouncing Souls!!!  my son was extremely active.  I also saw the bouncing souls early in my pregnancy too and he was jumping around then.  my dr was ok w/ it and i think it is a cool thing that he has been to two concerts already at the age of 14mths!!
My little guy was always a quiet during the day and active in the evening/night when he was in my tummy.  We went to a demo derby during the day and it didn't seem to phase him at all.  We went to a movie in the evening and it was VERY loud!  He kicked and squirmed through the entire thing.  I doubt the concert could be much louder than that movie I saw!!  And he passed his hearing test, as well.  So, while he may not have liked the noise, I don't think it harmed him.
I am going to Ozzy and Rob Zombie in Dec., I will be 5 months preggers.  The baby will probably be kicking to the beat, lol.  The only thing that concerns me is the smoke, but I think it'll be okay.  Enjoy, the concert, I've seen them twice!
I went to an Eric Clapton concert when I was 6 months pregnant with my first.  We did have a seat up in one of the private box seating with a group.  It was nice having a seat because there is no way I would have been able to stand the entire time.  But one thing I remember that you might want to watch out for...my ankles and feet got really swollen after sitting in that place for so long.  So maybe try to get up and move frequently to keep that from happening.  I was thinking about going to the Evanescence concert too...you'll have to tell us how it was!  Especially since you have front row seats!  
i was at a bon jovi concert around 4 or 5 months and had a great time. i was sooo tired by the end - but it was worth it! have fun and enjoy.
I talked to my doctor and she okay'd me to go to the concert - she just said no "moshing" - hee hee - like that would happen.  We do have reserved seats right behind the pit, so I should be well protected and it's a non smoking facility so the smoke won't be a problem.  You have to go into the club to smoke.  I can't wait.  I love this band and have been busy or had to work every other time they've played, so this will be a treat for me and the twins.  I will probably be on bedrest soon, so my doc said to enjoy it while I can.  :)   Thanks for all the responses and I'll let you know how the show goes - I've heard it's an awesome show.
I went to the Jimmy Buffet concert when i was 8 months pregnant...i had my O'doules and enjoyed the show!
I'm sure you're little one will be dancing in your belly!
Hi I just went to my sisters year 12 graduation the other night, not really a concert but there were quite a few singing acts that the children performed, and trust me it was very loud with the microphone and the music. During the acts and every time after when the audience was clapping my little girl was just going nuts inside me, jumping and kicking, it was quite enjoyable to feel her that much, I don't think she had ever moved so much ever. That was a few days ago and she is fine, moving about as usual, so I don't think I would worry if I was you.
P.S this was in a huge theatre room and we were sitting I think in the eighth row.
I'm 30 weeks
Just an update.   The concert was AWESOME!!  The boys had a blast.  They kicked and kicked to the beat.  I'm sure it was a little loud in there - who knows, maybe we'll end up with a drummer.  And if anybody wants to ever see them, I suggest you do - their stage show was amazing.

Thanks for all the input.