Maternal & Child Community
Condom fell off inside vagina after ejaculation...chance of pregnancy?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Okay... my boyfriend and I were using a condom during and after he ejaculated (He said he was done ejaculating when we pulled out and that he knows it was still on when he came) but when we pulled out we both paused for a brief moment to kiss (assuming the condom was still on him) and then rolled over and and when he sat up the condom wasn't on him... I realized it was still in me and I had to reach half an inch to get it out... we used spermacide about 30-40 minutes later (Had to go to the store to get some).... also I was wondering if the chances of pregnanacy or sprem having leaked out are decreased if I was on top or increased?.... I am still very scared... we aren't sure if I could be pregnanat of not since we used spermacide... but I realized I had counted off by an entire week on my expected period day... and the day we had sex was the day before I was supposed to start my period...but I am typically late a week or so off from the 28th day when i start my periods anyways... so I am really nervous... just need some feedback... thank you.
you should go ASAP to your local sexual health clinic or drug store& get the plan B pill this will only really work if you get it within 3 days after having sex.
other thing you can do is go talk to your doctor and see if he /she can provide you with the pill.
those scares arent very good, trust me i'v been there, just stay calm and have your boyfriend go with you.
get tested for hiv and all those other nasty things. plzz
wow you seem soo educated.. I mean i am assuming you are 13 from your name...nervousteen13...who knows...i knew nothing about spermacides or much more than the pill and condoms at 13 but you seem full of info.. the above poster shared good info i would strongly seek that info
Condoms are never 100% anyway. I'd use a backup from now on like the VCF (Vaginal Contraceptive Film). That's what my husband and I have used is both condom and the VCF. We feel safer that way. The VCF is about 96% effective I think but coupled with the condom makes it much more effective.
Of course, birth control pills are the most effective but some people can't use them.
And the most effective birth control of all is abstinence, of course. If you are that young and aren't ready for a baby, you're probably not ready for sex either. Be careful.
lol i used 13 because that is my favorite number, I am 18 and in college (I may seem uneducated because this is the first man i'd had sex with, but I am very much in love with him and he with I)... and I used nervousteen well because i was scared ********....

anyways... thanks for the advice to those who offered it... we have discussed all the possibilities.. and unfortunately it's to late to use the plan B... also I have another question...

okay... so... I am not asking for another lecuture please... because as I am sure we all know that things happen in a moment with out planning it but with the use of condom/spermacide used as directed ... we had sex... and we made sure to pull out before he ejaculated even though we had the condom, so we played it safe... but yeah i know probably not the smartest thing to do considering our concerns but anyways... okay so I thought I started my period after we had sex (thought it was a coincidence that i started since I have never bled after sex before)... and I was really happy... till I realized that would have made it 5 days early... meaning I would have ended my period march 8 and started my next one the last day of march... and also I only bleed for about an hour or two and it stopped...so was it not my period? And is there still a chance that I am pregnant then?
Also we had both been tested previously for HIV and we are both negative, so no concerns of that.
I'm confused about your period due dates.  You're counting when your next period is due based on when you ended your last period, and that is incorrect.  You calculate your period due date based on the start of each period.  So if your period started March 3rd, then your next period will be due approximately 4 weeks (28 days) after that, meaning March 31st.  Are you saying the typical cycle length for you is more like 35 days instead of 28 days?

The reason I ask is because "generally" speaking, you will ovulate approximately 2 weeks before your period is due.  Knowing this math would help ease your mind about if you were likely to be ovulating or not.

In my opinion though, based on what you describe for this instance (condom, timing, etc) it's unlikely you will get pg.  If you don't get your period in the next week, then you could take a pg test 14 days after this incident and see about the results.  I'm sure you're fine though.  

I do agree with the above poster about getting on bc pills.  You can go to your college medical facility and get annual pap smears and bc pills for a very reasonable price.  This combined with condoms will be extremely reliable to prevent pg.  You owe it to yourselves and keeping up your education!!  :-)
:) thank you Jjety... I was always told it was from the day you ended your last one... goodness... haha I feel so unaware now. I suppose I really should have done a bit more reading up on these things.

Yeah we plan on getting on birth control asap. Don't want another scare like this one.
another method of birth control is a very good thing. The bleeding could have been caused by the sex...It's happened to me before a few times especially if I was a few days before my expected period and when that happened my period was often delayed by 2-5 days...fearing I was pregnant...I'm assuming about the bleeding you asked due to implantation bleeding however implantation bleeding does not happen after sex..it usually happens around the time you are expecting your period..I've never experienced it..and it took me 2 weeks past my expected period to get a positive...I got pregnant in dec 06..according to the first U/S my due date was Sept 12th meaning I conceived around the 21-24th or so which i thought was a little odd since I was due for my period on the 25th of dec...we did have sex on the 23rd of dec and on the 17th of dec...(I REMEMBER the dates because I went back home for christmas) I thought it was impossible but semen can live inside of you for up to 7days...Could be less..or more..but on average 7 days so I guess it was a possibility and I got my positive on jan 4th 07...My baby boy was born sept 12th...by induction...I would wait it out but give it AT least 2 weeks because go figure...took me 2 weeks...
no lecture here, you sound very responsible, and yes things like this happens, at  I am sorry I cannot offer you advise on what to do, I am really not sure, as I have never been in your situation, but I wish you nothing but good luck,
Oh thank you all for the help, looks as if I am in fact NOT pregnant, a big relief there for my boyfriend and I. And he have already started looking into birth control. Definately are playing it a bit more safe now, our education isn't something we want to take a risk at messing up.
Me and my boyfriend were having sex. He just cummed but we still had the condom on when he was getting up there was no condom...we took 20 minutes searching for it. Then he told me to check myself..so i did and at first there was nothing, then i did again and the condom was inside me! There was sperm in the condom still im just scared of getting pregnant. Like what if some of the sperm came out? I dont know what to do im 16 and i still have my whole life ahead of me...could i be pregnant?
First, you'll get more answers if you make a new question of your very own.  The thread this is on is several years old.

Secondly, yes, you could get pregnant in the circumstance you describe.  You need Plan B, the pill you take up to 72 hours after unprotected intercourse.  I believe you have to have a prescription if you are under 17.  

You will have to talk to your mom, or other trusted adult, and get quickly in to get a prescription.  Sometimes, if you already have a doctor and they know the urgency of the need for it, they may call it in.

Don't worry about telling your mom.  She will be JUST as anxious as you are, to be sure you don't get pregnant from this.   She'll help you get the prescription.  You have to hurry--the sooner you take it, the more effectively it works.

Mom may yell at first, but believe me, she doesn't want you to have a baby.  She'll help you.  If not, see if you can get someone 17 or older to buy it for you without a prescription.  
Yeah but im scared to talk to my mom. No matter what shes going to yell or something, im too young to have a baby. Me and my boyfriend both are freaking out.
Hi im 15 and the EXACT same thing happened to me on June 4, except for when i pulled the condom out it was far up there and was crumpled up in a ball. It is now June 21st. I am 3 days late for my period and kind of worrying. I've had some symptoms but im not sure if they are pregnancy or period symptoms. Any feedback.?