Maternal & Child Community
Confused and stressed

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Confused and stressed

Hi, I'm new on here but need an answer....
I went to my gyn requesting a blood hgc beta test and trans-vaginal sonogram because I was approaching 4 days missed period. I was on birth control ad believed it to have failed as i missed 2 pills and wasnt always on schedule with taking them the week before or after intercourse when it had taken place. My boyfriend did infact ejaculate inside of me on both occasions of intercourse. It was unprotected but after 4 years and 2 of living together we weren't nervous about the possibility of pregnancy. When i went in the dr had his tech sono me and she said my uterus was "a little swollen looking", but everything is was normal and nothing was seen. My blood test came back negative. Levels below 2. I continued to my regular lifestyle, I'm a moderate smoker and had a few drinks here and there on St Patty's day. These occurences the sex 2/11/13, 2/13/13, and drs visit 3/23/13 had slipped my memory until recently. I still never had a period and have since been put on a new birth control to induce my period, I repeat no flow still as of 4/19/13. I experienced many pregancy symptoms when i believed i was and still did after my drs appt. But placed to the back of my mind as only psychologically I'd thought i was before and they will subside, I'd tell myself this repeatedly. I had sore-perkier nipples, enlarged breast, enlarged arealos, nausea, vomited on 3 diff occasions, tired, moody/emotional, extra bathroom breaks, very sensitive smell, cramping a week or so after the intercourse on 2/21-2/22 (i thought it was my period, did not bleed), had increased vaginal secretions, and something i noticed from a previous pregnancy (i had miscarried before), 3 symptoms i suffered were strange dreams every night, not being able to sleep or fall asleep yet once i did i always woke up around sunrise consistenly. It was strange and that was wat tipped me off first was the 3 days of early morning random wake-ups. Since tht I've had symptoms greatly subside but still occuring and now Ive had several friends, family members, and co-workers comment on my gain of a gut. Even though i smoke I normally eat extremely healthy (lately alot of sweets the past 2-3 weeks tho) and exercise regularly. Especially abdominal core work outs, now I've even taken a notice to these changes. My questions would be could I be pregnant after all, (if so 11-12 weeks), and why wouldnt my beta levels have been normal or my sono showed something in my uterus, or my flow hasnt come or given me pms. Pls respond promptly, I'm slightly stressed as I was going to quit my job and switch to focus on schooling, and am not sure if tht would be a smart move now.
Maybe you weren't pregnant at the time of your appointment but got pregnant shortly after. It is very possible to get pregnant when switching types of birth control. The only way to know is to take a pregnancy test. Regardless of the result you should probably get back in to see your Dr because there could be other reasons you haven't gotten your period.