Maternal & Child Community
Confusion--semen or EWCM

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Confusion--semen or EWCM

Sorry about the graphic question--but I am wondering how long it takes for all the semen/sperm to come out of you.
If you had sex one night, and then went right to bed, could it still be coming out of you the next night? Does it take that long to completely get out of you?

I am asking because I don't want to confuse EWCM and semen.
I think by the next night it should be all gone I would say that it is EWCM.
It should be almost if not completley gone.  I remember the day after I must've concieved I had a the thick cervical mucus when I went to the bathroom and I thought....hmmm.....was that semen or am I ovulating.  Turns out I was ovulating as I'm 30 weeks preggo now!  LOL!
it was EWCM, actually after an hour or so the semen liquifies and become extremely runny like water and will no longer be that slimy consistency
You can actually start to get fertile quality CM up to 4 days before you ovulate and as ovulation comes closer the CM becomes more abundant.
I had the same sort of confusion just the other morning. Me and hubby had sex saturday night but monday or tuesday morning after going to the washroom, when i wiped, i was very wet...and my first thought was...is that cm or semen cause i knew my predicted ovulation date wasn't until tomorrow(thursday).
The test that browneyes is giving you is only if the semen is fresh.......semen will not remain that texture after about an hour or so, so if you have sex then within that hour want to test to see if its EWCM or semen then you can do the stretch test or the water test......anytime after that hour, any stretchy fluids is EWCM.
I read somewhere on line that if you have any question about the two, that you there are two ways to tell the difference. One: if you can collect enough put it in water and if it balls up and falls to the bottom it is CM, if it dissolves it is semen or arousal fluid. Two: rub it between your forefinger and thumb and then try to stretch it apart. Semen and arousal fluid will dry up very quickly and CM takes a little longer. Hope that helps
if you wanna avoid confusion in the future, follow these seminal fluid instructions i was given as part of my (Creighton) observation method.  First, if you are trying to conceive wait at least thirty minutes to do this, but regardless do it within an hr of sex.  first, urinate, then bear down, wipe until it is gone, do kegal, wipe till gone, another kegal, wipe till gone, and more if you are sitll getting something on the tissue.  after that, assume what you see is fertile if it stretchy 1" or >, and/or lubricative, and/or clear.  hope that helps for future!