Constant braxton hicks?
I'm 30 weeks and up until now i haven't really had many braxton hicks contractions, i got mild cramp and my uterus would get a little tight but nothing major or painful.

Today for about the last 6 hours ive had what feels like the crampy feeling but my uterus is really really tight and its a little painful around the top.  It does seem to ease off when i sit down but as soon as i stand up its back again.  Is this normal or should i be concerned?  I haven't had any other symptoms and my baby is still kicking as usual.
Hello, I had the same thing on Monday, and then again today. I think it is a mixture of gas cramps and braxton hicks. Mine didn't last as long as yours though, On monday it was 2 hours and today about 45 min. I am 31 weeks 1 day. My DS Kicked through it all as well, somtimes it hurt like crazy (when he kicked) If you are concerned it wouldn't hurt to call the doc just to ease your mind :)
As long as it eases when you change position, it is normal. I had persistant and painful BH contractions throughout the entire third trimester with my second, literally all day and night, but it wasn't too bad with my third.

If, however, you find that they are continuing after changing position, drinking fluids, etc, you may want to call your doctor.

Andi
Thank you for the comments.  Luckily it seems to have eased off this morning and doesn't feel as tight as it did last night.  I didnt realise they could last for such long periods of time.  Just another lovely symptom i guess :)
i had contractions from 24 weeks on, most were normal, but if they do get bad, like you cant walk or talk through then, please call your doctor, went in to the doctor at 26 weeks, and had to be rushed to the hospital to stop the contractions, this happened at 6,7, and 8 months, i had to eventually be put on the tributaline pill every four hours until i was 36 weeks, the doc said if i wouldnt have gone in, i would have had dd very very early because the contractions were dialating me, most the time braxton hicks are normal, but just want you to be on the safe side;)

Thank you for letting me know :)  I think i'm okay, i've had the tightening again this afternoon but it isn't so bad that i can't walk or talk, its just a bit uncomfortable.  I haven't had any unusual discharge and the baby is still kicking away so i'm thinking all is good.

Its funny, just the other day i was at my first antenatal class and the midwife asked if i'd had any braxton hicks yet.  I said that i thought i had but i wasn't sure, its strange when you start thinking about something and then it happens.