Constant white blood cells in urine
My 8 year old daughter had reflux of the bladder.  She had the delfux surgery a year ago. Surgery appears to have been successful.  However, every urine sample before and after surgery has contained white blood cells.  After cultures are grown from the urine sample, she takes antibiotics.  Even the urine sample this is taken a week after the antibiotics is completed still contains white blood cells.  Can a person just have constant white blood cells in their urine and have no problems?  IS there something else that I should sggest that the uroligists look for?  Should I be concerned or will this clear up on it's own?  I know that white blood cells indicate infection, but why are they still there after infection treatment is completed?  Could this be a sign of another problem?
Im not sure what it is. Im 16 and I kinda have the same thing. I have had over 8 UTI's this past year, or at least that is what the german doctor thought. But last week I saw an american doctor and she looked at all my past UA's to see what they said and all of them said i had a lot of white blood cells, a lot of protein, and carbonation. She did a culture on my urine and said things came back bad and i need to go back in a few days to get more tests done. I am not sure what is going on, but if you find out anything for your daughter, please share it with me because I might have the same problem.
I'm a far cry from a dr, but it sounds like the antibiotic they are using isn't getting rid of the infection entirely. I would post this on one of the drs forums and see what they say. It sounds like the infection they treat is a secondary problem from something that needs looked into. I could very well be wrong, but I get 24hr urine tests every 3 mos due to kidney problems and whenever there have been white cells, they treat and do a follow up to be sure are gone.