Continuous birth control and breakthrough bleeding.
I have been on the birth control pill Levlen Ed for about 9 months and have been taking it continuously since october 8. However, Ive been spotting/breakthrough bleeding since 3 days after begining my current packet (about 15 days now) the past few days it has been getting less. So i am also wondering if I should again skip the placebo pills and go onto another packet to see if it regulates and stops, or if i should take the placebo pills.
Thanks :)
Hi!
No, you should continue with the placebo pills. Spotting, and bleeding in between periods is possible while on pills. It may start in the first cycle or may occur after prolonged use. With spotting in between periods, the possibility of pregnancy remains, especially in cases where there is a history of missed pills. Even if you have not missed the pills, take a pregnancy test if you miss your next periods. Also please inform your gynecologist about this spotting. She may want to get this investigated as it has happened for the first time since you started the pills. Taking placebo will usually not harm the baby just in case you are pregnant. Take care!