Maternal & Child Community
Continuous spotting in pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Continuous spotting in pregnancy

This is my first pregnancy and I was needing some reassurance.  I did IVF and have been spotting and cramping from the day I found out I was pregnant.  I am now 9w4d and have had 3 ultrasounds and the heartbeat and baby are growing fine.  However, the spotting is driving me crazy.  It used to be brown everyday and now it was turned pinkish (a little red sometimes, but not dark red) for the last week.  I also found out I had a yeast infection and just finished my last day of Monistat-3.  Has anyone had this spotting everyday brown to pink and been OK?  The doctor doesn't know what it is.  I am on IM progesterone every day until 10 weeks which I am nervous when I stop, the spotting will get worse.  My husband and I have only had sex once about 1 week ago.  Anyway any advice or reassurance would be great!
I had nonstop bleeding from week six through week 12.  At first it started off brown, but it soon went to bright red with clots.  It was very scary.  I have had four ultrasounds all by the time I was 13 weeks along. It hasn't been easy.  I'm now at 15 weeks.  I can't tell you what is going to happen with either of us, but I sure hope for the best!  
Spotting with IVF seems pretty common.   Hasn't your doctor told you no sex?  When you bleed during pregnancy you shouldn't have sex.  Mine told me right away, and told me to stop lifting things, no exercise, etc.  My advice is to take it easy.  I would tell you to try not to stress out about the spotting, but that is impossible.  Know that your worry isn't going to affect the outcome.  Every doctor's appointment that doesn't suck my husband says, "We got another little miracle today.  We just have to hope they keep coming."  I hope the same for you.