Contractions all night and then NOTHING???
Well ladies...I was up from around 11:30-3:00am with contractions coming every 10-15 minutes. Once in a great while they would be closer together than that, but usually they stayed that far apart. I was trying my hardest to go to sleep but was woken up every few minutes. Is it normal to go so long with contractions (that were actually quite painful) and then have absolutely NOTHING happen? I was even considering calling my OB and my mom so we could head over to the hospital. Its so frustrating.

Oh, and I just turned 39 weeks yesterday.

Thanks,
Danielle
With my second I had contractions for 3 months...on and off.  Most of the time they were 10-15 minutes apart for the better part of a day, then they would vanish!  Towards the end, they were 3-5 minutes apart and then nothing.  I went to the hospital 3 times and they kept on sending me home.  My water finally broke at 37 weeks...I was so grateful :)
I was like that with my second one. I had strong contractions for about 6 1/2 hours that were 12-15 minutes apart and then nothing. This was on a Friday night and then nothing at all on Saturday and then woke up in labor at 4 in the morning and had my daughter at 10 that night. Good luck!
I did the same thing with both my boys.  The last month was loooong.  I would be up many nights and they would get to 6 min apart and then slow down.  Even left work one day as I began to throw up and break a sweat.  I looked like a little old lady walking out 'cuz I had to stop with each contraction.  It stopped of course before we left for the hospital.  Some women are just little contraction machines.  Do tell your Dr. though.  They may just have you go in next time and keep you.  I was induced twice and when I was hooked up to the monitor was told I was in labor on my own each time, but I was the same as before and needed lots of pitocin to help me along.   Good luck, I hope you go soon!
it's so ironic...

i turned 39 weeks yesterday as well, i had contractions all day... my mom was convinced that i was in the first stage of labor...

well, today i woke up and NOTHING.

i'm sure you're just as eager as i am at this point...
i've been so disappointed today  :(

best of luck to you <3
I am 34.5 weeks and have been having contractions for about 3 weeks now, even to the point I have been 3-4 minutes apart!! every time I think this is it, back pain, period pains the lot, also the last couple of days my knickers have been damp not wet but Im wondering whether my waters are leaking slowly.. but then it all stops and then absolutely NOTHING.. this is my third baby and getting very fed up now just a little worried too that when I will go into real labour I will just think its another false alarm!  its so dissapointing isnt it?