Maternal & Child Community
Contractions

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Contractions

Ok, I started haveing a few contractions and I'm starting to get very scared I'm home alone my husband is out of town we just moved to this town and don't know anyone what am I going to do if I go into labor tonight please someone help me I'm scared out of my wits please HELP!!
I'm confused. Earlier you said your due date was yesterday then you said you were going to walk, which usually can bring on contractions/labor. Did you not have a plan for yesterday if you would have delivered on your due date? By all means, if you are past your due date and having contractions and have nobody around to help you call 911! Can you call DH and see if he can come home? Good luck, you'll be in my prayers!

I went walking didn't expect it to happen now lol anyway they cooled off lol..
Joanne I agree with Heather.  Try to call DH if it is possible and if you feel you are definitely going into labor call 911.  Let them know you are alone and new to the area (if you can remember that while having a contraction)  How far away is your family.  Is there someone you can call who would be able to get there???  Try to relax if you can and let us know how everything went.   I may be in the same boat as you.  We are looking to move about a month before my due date and it will be 45 min away from everything I have ever known and it is right in the middle of Marching Band Contest season in which my DH is the High School Band Director so I am a little worried myself and I have til Sept.   Good Luck to you.
Keep timing them just in case and don't hesitate to call 911.   I'm worried about you! Good luck and an early congrats! I know you're new here but we love to hear birth announcements too! So post back and let us know all the details of your bundle of joy!!

Hugs,
Heather

thank you all so much I have been still haveing contractions there still too far apart but hubby is home now so that is good he arrived at 6am this morning so thats good well I have a feeling either today or tomorrow will be it so if I don't check back in today you know where I'm at lol well cross your fingers.