Cord Blood Banking/ open forum
Hello ladies, hope everyone is doing well. I dont know if i mentionned that before but i found out that i'm actually having a boy and a girl!! we are so excited and thankful.
I have been receiving lots of letters, brochures...about cord blood banking. I have also been doing some reading about it. It's seems intresting, but i dont think it's for me. I dont know!! what do you ladies think about this subject.
have a great afternoon you all.
Most doctors I know feel that it is an unecessary expense.  The chance you'll ever need it is slim, at best.  But--if you have the money and are willing to pay the yearly storage fee for years and years to come--go for it.  I know costs vary greatly.

If your child ever does need it, certainly you will think it is the best decision you ever made.  But the chances are low it would ever be needed.
i was bombarded with literature about cord blood banking too. i didn't do it. i thought for me the costs outweighed the potential possible benefits.

on an off topic- what does everyone think about Britney Spears opting to have a c-section because her mother told her labor was really painful... i've had 3 c-sections but none of them were by choice (1st one baby was too big, 2nd one was breach and 10 days overdue, 3rd one I had GD and had a uterine rupture during the 2nd section) I'm not sure what I think of her decision or of the doctor who allowed it. just interested to know what your opinions are on that...
I guess it is her decision but i think it is rediculous. I would much rather deal with the  pain of natural childbirth(epidural of course) than get cut open and deal with that afterwards even though some women do fine. I had an epi with all mine and did not feel a thing and had basically no pain afterwards down there. So natural for me anyday. Anyway, from what I have read it is better for the baby that way. They had a show on it on tv the other day. As a matter of fact a friend of mine had to have a section and her baby had to be put on a breathing tube because she had so much fluid in her lungs due to it not being squeezed out during childbirth.
i didn't have a hard time recovering from any of my sections. it just seemed kind of ridiculous to me that she got to chose a c-section because she didn't want the "pain" of childbirth. I just thought it was really immature. Now- I am a bit of a hypocrite? maybe. after having 3 sections I don't think I would want to do it the "regular" way just because I know what to expect with a c-section.
Maybe she will hire a nanny to care for the kid 24/7. That way she can get all her beauty sleep, and make time for all her publicity stunts!!! lol
Hey were talking Brittany Spears!! that explains a whole lot
She is the chick that ran away got married and in a day or two got divorced!! Yep bright !

PAIN-- If she is afraid of pain, How the hell is she going to deal with getting up for feedings, NO SLEEP
and everything else that comes along with a baby!!
This is going to sound bad, but I was thinking that if I get pg again I might ask for a c/s.  I had my daughter and I ripped so badly 38 stiches, then they got infected and started opening up.  I was really sore for at least a month after.  I'm still not completely healed, daughter is now 5 months.  I know that c/s aren't painless either and that the healing time is supposed to be longer, but could it be worse than what I went through last time??  But with all of that being said, if I am lucky enough to get pg again I'm getting a different ob.
Isn't there an option of donating your cord blood to be used by someone who could use it now?
I thought there was that option, but I have been unable to find anything on it.  I wanted to do that with my first back in 2002.  When I searched for cord blood donation, all I found was the locations to bank it.  I cannot afford to do such a thing, but I would gladly donate it.  

If anyone has any info, it would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,

Amanda