Maternal & Child Community
Cornual pregnancy - any chance for good outcome?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I am 33 y.old. We were trying to get pregnant for 3 years. Finally I went to see a fertility doctor in October 2004. Before starting an ovulation induction we did a pregnancy test and it was positive. However, it turned to be an ectopic in my right tube. But we caught it in time, so laparoscopy was done and my right tube was repaired. A few months later we did HSG which showed that my right tube is fine. In February I went for ovulation induction with gonadotropins and got pregnant. Hormones are rising fine, but ultrasound on the 5th week gestational showed right cornual pregnancy. Now I am going to ultrasound every week (I am 6 weeks gestational). My doctor tells me that I still have a good chance to have this pregnancy as successful, but there is a chance of life-threatening uterine rupture.  When I am trying to read about corneal pregnancy, all I can find is info on ruptured uterine wall or laparoscopy about removing it. Did anybody have a positive outcome of corneal pregnancy?
I'm sorry I can't help you, but if you don't mind would you explain what a cornual pregnancy is?
I'm a rudimentary horn rupture survivor. In sept. I experianced the rupture and my baby died I was 21 weeks pregnant. I am in college and have read so much on this topic. Survival rates for the baby are very good if you do not rupture by 25 weeks especially since your doctors are aware of the condition and can monitor you closely. We are an extremely small group of women out there who have experiaced this. I wish you much luck. If you have any questions or just want to talk feel free to e-mail me ***@****.
Elaine
Elaine
I'm in a similar situation. started spotting at about 4 weeks, followed by heavy bleeding. Dr. visits revealed viable pregnancy, but sent me for follow up (2nd pg, no complications w/ the first).  Follow up revealed abnormal ultrasound at week 5 and my ob referred me to a high risk ob to rule out molar pregnancy. high risk ob thought the ob was way off base, but was glad i was referred as i have what might be a corunal pregnancy - at 7 weeks she was not sure so i am to go back this week for another ultrasound to determine if the pregnancy is within the endometrium (sp?) lining of the uterus or if it is outside of that.  from all that i've read, it seems that it is not viable if it is corunal.  but what is driving me crazy (you too?) is that it is a "wait and see" kind of thing right now - i.e. weekly ultrasounds until they can determine if things are relatively safe or not.  i can't imagine carrying this baby for another 6+ weeks (i was told 15 weeks they'd be able to determine for sure what was going on) and then have to deal with terminating the pregnancy. but, from all that i've read, this condition can become problematic for me...
I am almost 11 weeks pregnant with a cornual and am having ultrsounds weekly...... I am very scared and wondering if anyone has any advise?

I was just wondering what happened with your pregnancy. I went to the hospital emergency room on oct 27th with severe pain, and found out I was 14 weeks pregnant ....had no idea, unfortunaltly it was a corneal and it had ruptured, I almost bled to death.  I was told there was no way a corneal pregnancy could have continued, because obviously I wondered why did it ruptrue, and how could have I prevented it from rupturing, and what could have I done to save it, what if i had known earlier, it was a boy... I would have wanted a boy.   I am 39 and I do have a 13 year old daughter, another child would have been fine, I feel like I probaly will never have another chance, and not to mention I' am so scared  now...please share your story with me e mail me at maboisda at allwest dot net   I hope you have happy news to report, I seen this post a few weeks ago and have wondered.  
Hi, im 11 weeks pregnant with a cornual, as of my last u/s (nov. 23) the doctor advise me not to remove the baby yet and she refered me to a doctor with lots of experience in this case. The doctor said that she has a patient with the same case who was give birth on her 34th week. I was so afraid of what will be happen to me and the baby. please give me an advise. by the way, this is supposed to be our first baby.

Thanks/Ces
How are things going now?
I'm also currently carrying a cornual pregnancy  I am thriteen weeks now and the doctor said at my last visit things were looking better so I wouldn't have to continue the weekly u/s and doctors visits.  Have you found out any new information??  I was also very worried about what would happen but have tried not to dwell on the situation.  I was also on lifting restrictions (no more than 20 pounds) but my doctor lifted those last time too.  I work in the health care field and still have a hard time finding information about this type of pregnancy.  Mine is implanted on the left side.  Any new info you have learned from the new doctor would be useful.

Thanks...
has anyone had a successful corneal pregnancy yet?  I lost mine at 14 weeks and was told that they always have to be removed or they rupture.  Mine ruptured and I had to have an emergency operation
two years ago i had a corneal pregnancy and they had to do emergency surgery to remove it along with part of my uterus and one falopian tube.they told me that i would never be able to have another child.i am now 18 weeks pregnant and so far so good.i have to go in for weekly ultrasounds and will have to deliver at least 4 weeks early.i will also have to spend at least 1 month in the hospital.there is a great chance for uterine rupture but they are able to monitor it very closely.so we are hoping to make it to at least 28 weeks where the baby will have a 50/50 chance of survival.there are many cases where the utereus has ruptured and the mothers and babys are just fine.we had to go through two terminations before we were able to find a wonderful doctor who gave us hope.
I had a corneal pregnancy last March 2007.  I was about to go into my second trimester when I just started bleeding...with no pain.  I didn't worry because I've had two children before and I was only 31.  The first hospital sent me home with no ultrasound and no pelvic exam since I had no pain and my ecg levels were where they should be during my stage.  The bleeding stopped for the rest of the day until later that evening during Gary's Anatomy.  I just remember almost every detail.  I did not say anything to my husband since I did not want him to worry.  I just thought if I wake and I am still bleeding we can go to the Women's & Children hospital...a bit further, but it was the specialty hospital.  Of course, when I woke up it was liking being on my period...still no pain.  We made arrangements for the other kids in the house, and my husband along with my mother went off to the hospital.  After my pelvic, they said celvic is closed.  That's good.  Then we went in for the ultrasound...heard the heartbeat.  And then...saw the look on their faces.  They called in a specialist and within 5 minutes, I was told there was nothing anyone could do...our baby girl was going to have to be removed in an emergency c section.  She was basically in my stomach.  I always thought I could feel so much movement in my belly, but this was unusal for being in my first trimester.  I thought it was my mind playing tricks on me.  Less than an hour later, I was childless.  I never had a c section with my other two children and it took nearly 6 weeks to recover.  I only lost one falopian tube and I have been told I CAN get pregnant.  But, for the first time in my eight years of being married...I am on birth control.  Not ready for that kind of pain every again and how can I even think of replacing her.  I have my two wonderful children 6yr girl, 3yr son...happy family. I was told corneal pregancy survival 1 in 60 million.  1 in 5 women will just die because of it with or without the removal.  And Discovery Channel has done a documentry on this...just happened it aired during my situtaiton and everyone around here phoned me that they now understood.  It was a story about a mummified child that died in her abdomin (abdomen) area and she carried in her belly for 40 years or something like that, but because it was not in her uterus; she lives.  And the other story was of  a women in Englad or somewhere who was preg. with twins and one corneal pregnancy at the same time.  Because of the twins, they left the thrid with the corneal in her and she was in hospital....all three are alive and fine!  Makes me always wonder...why did I not have a choice. Amy Wilson
I was still curious, and hopeful that you would let us know how your pregnancy is going, I am hoping you will be safe and deliver your child, I am so confused about how some women seem to be able to carry a corneal but others, unfortunate as I, have a rupture.
Please, if you read this....let me know how you are doing
I had to have an emergency surgery due to cornual pregnancy. on Feb 21st, 2008. At the time of my 1st OB, we were told that the baby is in the left cornua, just outside the tube and has no heart beat. It was shocking and very painful, emotionally, but the pain that was coming my way was not even close to what i felt at that 1st moment..
After 1 shot of methotrxate, the HSG levels started to go down really fast, i got back to the doc's office a week later, just to find out that the sac had grown. Didnt bleed that bad after that first shot,but felt the worse pain.. 10 periods together wont make the PAIN from this one time after the shot. 2 weeks later got another shot, because the sac wasnt getting any smaller, wasnt getting absorbed, and the doc was worried it still might rupture. Few days after that 2nd shot i started bleeding again, but it was less painful this time. I was praying i will get better, avoid surgery and get on with my life..
on Feb 20th, exactly 3 weeks after the whole ordeal started, i was told by my Doctor, that emergency surgery needs to be done. A huge blood vessel was supporting the sac and it wasnt gonna go away by itself. She said  It was dangerous for my life and we have to do the surgery asap.
Feb 21st i was operated, the pregnancy sac was removed and i nearly died. Lost almost 2 liters of my blood and had the worst blood pressure i have ever heard of (60 over 30 ) Stayed at the hospital for 2 nights and then went home on oxygen, my breathing wasnt at its best either.
I have 4 stitches on my uterus and i was told i have to go back to the hospital for an HSG test, after the 3rd period from my surgery..
I have been trying to find information on the web and its so hard to find anything connected to the cornual pregnancy! Case like mine, when surgery was actually performed and none of my tubes was removed, just the incision on my uterus ..
If someone has experianced that, please get back to me, i would like to know how long after the surgery did you get pregnant again? How did you feel? All the info i can get would be helpful.. Im feeling all alone, not been able to talk about this..
Now almost 2 months after my surgery im almost going back to normal, still calculating though, how much along i would have been right now..its still hurts emotionally..
PS My doctor told me cornual pregnancy can not be compleated.. Has to be removed, im surprised to read about it on here, where its possible that cornual pregnancy can actually go all the way..
I check from time to time on this site, to see if anyone has posted any updates on their situations, and so far it seems no one has, I am still having some bad days, even though it has been 6 months now, I can't help but be saddened that if things had been different, I now would be holding my son in my arms.   To loose a child is not easy, and to have this perticular medical conditoin, and no one to talk to about it, makes it a little harder, because no one seems to understand.
Hi, I was just told yesterday that I have a possible cornual pregnancy. I am going back on Monday to see another dr who has dealt with this before to see what his opinion is. The dr I saw yesterday didn't sound hopeful, but she did say that mine was implanted a bit lower than most cornuals...so that sounded hopeful?? I think she said it is attached to the endometrium by only about 3 or 4 mm. Does anyone have any advice/success stories? This is our third pregnancy, we lost the first two to miscarriage and our heart is breaking at the thought of losing a third.
Yes! Cornual pregnancy has a chance for good outcome.
Here are my personal experiences. My first pregnancy was cornual pregnancy. no pain but I was bleeding (not much) at that time. family doctor told me to go to ER and I ended my pregnancy with a shoot (5 weeks). Two months later after the shoot I had my second pregnancy. no pain no bleeding. First ultrasound showed cornual pregnancy again. Also on the right. doctor asked me to come back few days latter and do the ultrasound again. He said the only thing I could do is lying down on my left side ( not sure if he was kidding). I went to a bigger hospital one week latter and the ultrasound showed normal. I am having a healthy baby boy now. and now this is my third pregnancy. no bleeding but a little pain. One week ago my ultrasound report showed cornual pregnancy again also on the right side. Doctor asked me to come back one week later for another ultrasound. It was a  torture over the week. There was nothing I could do except lying down on my left side. Good news is today I went to the doctor to see my ultrasound report. Everything is normal now.
I hope all you have a great and positive pregnancy. GOOD LUCK
I am glad some have had a positive outcome re: cornual pregnancies. I have had 3, 2 ruptured and 1 removed before rupture. With one of them I almost died. I did go on to have a successful pregnancy after. It was hard though, I am a very high risk pregnancy. My scar on the top of my uterus was only 4mm at c-section. Normally, it should be 1-2 cm.
Also, during my last pregnancy, the doctors said if I would rupture, its catastrophic, for the baby & I. The baby can only survive a few minutes without oxygen. I have also never heard of a successful cornual pregnancy. The cornua can't support a growing fetus and once implanted, it can't move. So I wouldn't know why a dr would say lay on you left side or even have you try to make it through the pg, if it ruptures you bleed out in minutes, I was 10 min away from dying and lost 3/4 of my blood. So it is very dangerous.
I had a successful cornual pregnancy too, though it did not remain cornaul for long. I was seeing a fertility specialist and was going through ovulation induction via clomid. My 5 week sono showed the baby had implanted in the corner of my uterus. Two different drs and the clinic looked at me, and both agreed. They said it was definitely cornual but not an extreme one.They told me to come back the following week to see a different dr and allow him to make a decision. All weekend my family and friends and I prayed like crazy over this. We begged God for a miracle. I decided that no matter what the drs said I would not allow the pregnancy to be terminated, b/c God is the giver and taker of life and if I died b/c of a rupture than so be it. When I came back to see the other dr he did the whole sono w/o saying a word about the cornual, just saying everything looked great. When he was all finished I said, but what about it being in the corner?? He looked at me in surprise and said "that was you?!". He then did another sono and confirmed that the baby had moved!! It was still slightly off center but not in the corner at all! God does still work miracles today!! I am now 18 weeks pregnant and all is well!
Wow your story is amazing. It must of been right on the verge of the corner. Mine was all the way up in the corner. I even had an MRI done. The outcome was very sad. I am happy everything worked out for you. Congrats!!
Thank you for the congratulations. I am sorry that you've had to go through this nightmare so many times. I realize that my outcome is not the norm and that many have heartbreaking experiences with cornuals. I am so sorry for your losses. I am glad to read though, that you have been able to have a successful pregnancy. What a blessing that must've been after everything you've been through!
Hi - I too had a cornual pregnancy that had to be removed. They didn't diagnose it until 11 wks.

I lost my tubes and had a uterine resection (see thethreebirds.blogspot.com for the whole story).

After the trauma of the event, I didn't think I wanted to try to have another one. My OB is advising against it. I am seeking a 2nd opinion though. I'm glad to hear that someone went on to get pg afterwards because my understanding is that rupture is very possible.

Are there any other post-cornual pregnancy successes?
I also had a cornual ectopic pregnancy on june 2nd 2008 I had the surgery were they removed part of my uterus on the right side and my right tube. when i went back to the ob for my 6 week check up the dr told me that i should get my one good tube i had left tied. that i wouldn't be able to hold the baby pass 20 weeks. I ask to see another dr before i decide. when i got to see the doctor i let her know that i really wanted that pregnancy and wanted to try again as soon as possible. she inform me that i should wait 3 months before trying again. i was so happy to hear this. I waited 4 months on Nov 18th 2008 i was pregnant again. I'm now still pregnant i'm 31 weeks and 3 days and so far so good. I have to have a c-section at 36 weeks they don't want me to go into labor. they say my uterus can rupture if i do go into labor. i really don't think i'm going to make it what should i do???
I am about 8 weeks and around 5 weeks i found out i had a possible ectopic pregnancy.they said it was in a tube,then they saw it wasn't but the baby is in the right side in the top corner.i have been spotting and im so scared because they wont say anything other then we have to keep on checking you.i have been trying unsucessfully for 7 years and i have one child.everyone says im lucky for the one i have but i dont feel lucky being blessed with a pregnancy ill probably wont be able to deliver .i feel so tortured and depressed.
Hey how are you doing? is everything alright now for your cornual? Did the baby shift down?

Please let me know as I am in the same situation.

Thanks.

Just went through the termination of a cornual pregnancy. I was fortunate enough to just be treated with medication and not surgery, but was wondering what the chances are of this happening again. My doctor has suggested we go strait to a fertility specialist, but we are a little hesitant. We do have some fertility issues; however, we were able to get pregnant on our own with the one we had to terminate.

Thanks.

Your story is so inspiring.. I wish I could have a miracle too. I started spotting on my 6th week. Just last night, I had my ultrasound and the OB's impression is that I'm also having a corunal pregnancy. She told me to have a 2nd opinion and have another ultrasound within the next 5-7 days. I cried last night, so sad since this is our 1st baby. I'm also scared because this is putting me and my baby at risk. By the way, the OB told me that she can't see a baby yet, only just the sac. I'm wondering if a baby could still be formed.. Today we will be going to my OB and have her look at the ultrasound. I just hope some good news will come through.

I'll try to post another comment again to update you on my condition. Thanks.
I just had a cornual ectopic and was treated with methotrexate to end it even though it was ending on its own.  I would also love to know what are the chances of a repeat cornual ectopic???  I only have one ovary so the chances of a repeat pregnancy coming out of that tube is high.  I haven't had problems getting pregnant - I have one child I conceived on the 2nd month and this baby I conceived on the 1st month, but was ectopic.  I really would love to have 1 more child at least...I am so scared now that this will happen again...
hey, i red all the stories, i felt happy with the happy ends and i was sad with the sad ones.

in october i had an ivf which resulted with a pregnancy. i lost the baby in the sixth week. after the abortion, i got pregnant simultaneously. i was very surprised and hapyy. but today my doctor said that it is a cornual pregnancy. but it is not far away from endometrium. only 6 mm away. he said that it may become normal again. we will follow it.
now i do not want to lose this pregnancy because if i lose i may have to have an ivf again.

my doctor said that if the pregnancy continues as a cornual one, it is very dangerous to try to abort it. i will use a drug, which was used for the cancer patients before and useful to end such pregnancies.

do you have any advice for me?

thanks
ayse
Hi there,
So sorry to hear you are going through all of this. I had a cornual pregnancy last October, which we had to end with the Methotrexate shot (usually used for cancer patients). I'm really suprised that they are giving you the option to wait it out and see if it ends well. I was only 5 weeks along when my doc found out and was immediately asking to give me the shot. It ended up the first one didnt work so I had to have a second one. That one didnt look like it was going to work either so I was scheduled for surgery. The morning of surgery I asked my Doc for one more blood draw to make absolutely sure it wasnt working. To my relief, my HCG had come down and we avoided surgery! This is our first month back in the saddle and hoping to get pregnant very soon! My first pregnancy was our first time trying so I hope we can get as lucky this time around.

As far as advice, hang in there and try and keep yourself busy. I know the worst for me was sitting at home by myself stewing. If you need someone to talk to I'm here! Good luck!

thank you very much for your answer and interest. it helped a lot. knowing that somebody is there and sharing is helping.

today i learned that it is not corneal but it is tubal. the fetus is in my left tube, alive. i heard his|her heartbeat. and now i feel very very sad because i will lose him|her.

my doc offered me to take both tubes to avoid the risk of having a tubal pregnancy again. with the next ivf then i wont have the same risk again. i am 35. so we do not see chance to have a simultaneous pregnancy again. and we do not have time to try it. but even if this is logical i feel worry to be losing my both tubes. and i am also afraid of the surgery. i will see another doc tomorrow. i hope there is a more easy way like taking out only left tube with laparoscopic surgery.

i am happy for you that you could avoid the surgery. i wish you luck for the second time. please keep contact and inform me about your situation.

thanks a lot
Could you tell me how long it took for your HCG levels to come completely down?
I had 3 shots of the methotrexate. The first being given on 2/13 and the last blood test I took had it down to 16.5.
I suppose it's not a long time to wait but this whole process has been pretty frustrating. I'm beginning to think after reading some of the other experiences that perhaps something isn't right in my case.
Thanks for any advice.
i had a my baby girl at 34 weeks and 5 days (june 19, 2009) she as healthy                
as can be. i did have to have a c- section with i really didn't want. but guess  
what?  i'm pregnant again. this time with a baby boy. i'm so happy. i'm now 29 weeks pregnant i'm hoping not to have a c-section with this one. do anyone know if i  have to have one please email at shedrikka.***@**** and let me know thanks alot. and good luck to all of you. later
Hi,  Im so happy for you, glad your last preg went well and congratulations on your second!  Can't believe it esp after the dr advising you not to have anymore. Well done!  I experienced a corneal ectopic preg last yr that resulted in a rupture,internal bleeding and the left tube taken out.  I was adv never to conceive again also suggested that I should have my right tube clipped! I was told that a pregnancy would most likely result in my death!  We are now living in Saudi Arabia due to my husband's job, we have 3 children but would dearly love another girl and so would my daughter love another sister.  Last week we had been to see an obstetrician and he had told us  that it should be fine to fall pregnant again. He said that he could check that everythings ok through laparoscapy surgery first and that I would have to be very closely monitored.  That made me feel hopeful and now even more your episode!  Thank you very  much for your story.  Please keep in touch! Hope you are all healthy and well.  With regards to having normal delivery, i think you should ask your dr.x  
Hi there,
I am 35 years old, and currently have not children.  My husband and I have never had a problem getting pregnant.  I had one miscarriage in 2008 after I had a medical procedure called a trans-echocardiogram (which was fortunate since I wouldn't have survived a pregnancy before getting a large hole in my heart patched up).  In January 2009, I had open heart surgery to close the large hole in my heart.
We tried again to get pregnant in November of 2009.  Again I was able to get pregnant on the first try.  This time, I had a Cornual pregnancy on the right side in January 2010.  I experienced bleeding and had an ultrasound the next day.  The ultrasound uncovered the baby had left the sac.  My HCG reading was 6,250.  Typically methotrexate is most effective for levels around 5,000 and under.  I had one methotrexate injection, and it worked. It took approximately 3 months for my HCG levels to go down to zero.  After getting tested with a hypospingogram (sp?), it uncover my right tube was blocked.
It is now October 2010 and we are trying again.  I had an ultrasound this month and the egg appeared to be on the right side.  We tried this month, so I am concerned that I am at risk of another ectopic (if in fact I am pregnant).
Does anyone know what the success rates are after having one cornual ectopic?
i also had a cornual ectopic pregnancy surgery just like u in june of 2009 and some part of my uterus n right tube was removed.my dr advised me not to have another baby again just like u drika,but after reading ur story in feb of 2010 i decided to meet wit a high risk dr who said i had a chance.i am now 29weeks pregnant n am having a scheduled c-section at 36weeks.thanx drika for sharing ur story wit us.i will definately give u guys a feedback,goodluck y,all.
I had a Cornual Rupture in June 2009, after conceiving through IVF.  It happenned very suddenly at 14weeks and I was rushed in to hospital for emergency surgrery to remove our baby boy and repair my uterus.  I lost over half my blood and was put onto transfusion.  I was told another half an hour and I would have also died.  However, as sad as I will always be at loosing our fist so longed for child I fully revovered and I was advised to wait six months before trying IVF again and that I would have to have a c-cetion at 36 weeks.  We tried IVF in March 10 and was unsuccessful so took a break from it all.  This Jan 11 I went to a new IVF clinic and the doctor there advised me to have my tubes fused to avoid another Cornual Pregnancy, so I did this 4 weeks ago.  Afeter the surgey he told me that I have a small hole in my uterus and I sould not get pregnant.  I took a the cd of this procedure and have obtained a 2nd and 3rd opinion and was told the hole was nowhere near the rupture area and was probably caused by one of the instruments used in the Lap I had last month.  The doctor that carried out the procedure said this was not the case and said if I do get pregnant again it would be a very high risk pregnany and that I may have to stay in hospital for the third trimester.   We are so so confused and dont know where to go from here.  I am currently waitin on a 4th opinion..It seems all these doctors have a different take on this subject, as it is so very rare.  However, after reading some of these experiences you have all been through it does give me lots of hope.
I just had surgery to remove a right cornual pregnancy. The doctor that I saw is the same one who saw me when I had a miscarriage at 8 weeks about six months ago. He was very unsympathetic and didn't tell me I had any choices. My second sonogram showed that my baby had a heartbeat. (I was about 8 weeks again). My husband and I have been trying to have a baby for over a year. I'm 29.
I had no pain, no bleeding, no signs that anything was wrong, just that the dr. couldn't find the pregnancy at our first ultrasound. He made it sound like if I didn't have surgery, the baby and I would both die. He scheduled it for the same day, so I didn't have the chance to do any research. I'm horrified that I may have terminated a pregnancy that could have survived.
He did say that doing the surgery early meant that I probably won't have trouble getting pregnant again, but it IS possible that I could have another cornual pregnancy. He had to block my right tube, but everything else is healthy and in tact since I didn't have a rupture. I'm terrified of going through this again.
Reading through your experiences has been both encouraging and heartbreaking.

Erynn
hi, i had a cornual pregnacy in oct 2010, it was in the right side & resulted in surgery where i lost my right tube & part of my uterus!  i was told to wait 6 mths before trying to concive again , but am very aprehensive & scared as they told me i was very high risk & another told me not to try again ( i have  3 healthy kids & wonder if i'm being greedy, but wld love another ) it's been so difficult to find ANY information about cornual preg & have only managed to find 1 other lady through the ectopic web site, so have found this web page a god send, especially drikka who seems to have had the same surgery & a fantastic outcome!!
please could drikka, austin79 & godsfaith let me know of there recent outcomes? and any others who share this condition!! thank you carly x  PS can u tell me where you are from ? ( helps to know where experienced docs are )
I am also a ruptured cornual pregnancy survivor. 8-10-11 was my rupture date. I have also undergon 5 miscariages and 3 rounds of ivf.  the 2nd round did deliver me a beautiful big baby boy in aug of 2010. I have a hx of ectopic tubal and had both my tubes removed in 2008. This cornual pregnancy was a one in a trillion acroding to my ob/gyn and RE.  I ruptured just over 6 weeks pregnant and am lucky to be here as well. I am encouraged by your successful stories of pregnancy after this and hope  I am still morning the loss of another little angle but the thought of still having more children does help me more than any medication will be able to.  PLEASE keep posting successufl pregnancies post cornual resection surgery!! SOOO nice to hear! Baby dust to you all!!
hi everyone...i just want to share my experience and encourage you all who has had cornual surgery in the past.  
i had cornual pregnancy back in october 2010, it was the result of my 3rd attempt of ivf.  it was a healthy normal pregnancy, heartbeat detected, normal bhcg level, but unfortunately it implanted in my left cornu.  i had my left ovary and left tube removed long time ago, it was very rare that the embryo could implant in the cornu area, where my left tube used to be near the uterus..... this means that you can have ectopic/cornual pregnancy...even if you don't have any tube....
it was detected quickly in my 6th week scan, and i had laparocopy done in my 7th week by a very brilliant surgeon in my country.  i was not in pain or anything...it's just that the baby was bulging outside the uterus...the doctor said that it might rupture as the baby grew bigger, so best to have it removed immediately. my uterus was cut and some part was removed and then stitched back by laparoscopy.  
then i waited for exactly one year after the surgery to start my fourth ivf.  in between that period, i had seen other doctors for advise, and a few of them said that my next pregnancy would be a difficult and high risk one.  even my ivf doctor even doubted me, saying that i should not have the laparoscopy, he preferred me to do open surgery, because it will be easier to stitch, etc.   other doctor told me that they were concerned that my uterus cannot hold the next pregnancy and might rupture, etc.  i had few detailed scans to see my uterus,  the shape was a little bit distorted, but inside the uterus was ok.  so i decided to go ahead with my next ivf.  to make the story short, i got pregnant again, and finally the embryo implanted in the right place.   i was scared all the way throughout pregnancy, but actually my pregnancy was very smooth sailing. no contraction or bleeding whatsoever.  in my 34 week i have even rented out a place near the hospital so that i could go to have c section immediately.  and still everything was very smooth sailing....finally i decided to have elective c section at 37 week...so that i can see my baby sooner... :)  so good luck everyone....don't be discouraged by what other people says...just make sure you go have check ups more often...and make sure you get the best surgeon to do the cornual surgery.  
sorry i got the dates mixed up......i had cornual pregnancy in october 2008 and got it removed in the same month.... and then i got pregnant again in october 2009 and gave birth to my baby last year in may 2010
just to add one more advise...
i remember that during my ivf that resulted in cornual pregnancy, i slept more on my left side after the transfer.   this was because i thought that i had no more tubes on that side, so i thought less chance of ectopic.. i was very surprised that ectopic can also happen in the cornual part, where i got the tube cut off.  
the following ivf, i slept alternately on both sides after the transfer.  i was so scared that it could happen again....fortunately it did not...
Jan of 2012, I knew I was pregnant, I was waiting for my 3 month to go to OB but started to spot and went to ER. They told me that my baby sounded great and the bleeding was because they spotted a cyst near my placenta.  That next week I went to my new OB and I was diagnosed with a twin pregnancy not a cyst, and the one was considered to be a corneal.  I was three months pregnant.  Corneal was considered deceased but the other was great.  Being preg with twins, its an all or none situation.  There is no survival rate for corneal and with having one of each this corneal was threatening to rupture.  Leaving me to bleed internally to death and obviously killing the live fetus.  I was referred to specialist who was just as concerned as OB and immediately told me to go to hospital to decided whether or not to terminate both while under medical supervision.  We went to hospital and made the decision to terminate both.  I am 35, I have two sons and a husband and the idea of being a ticking time bomb wasn't something I could endure.  We prayed and cried and made the decision to terminate before I ruptured endangering my life.  My dr decided on a full hysterectomy to eliminate any future surgeries.  That next day I was told there was a one percent chance that they would open me up to find the corneal in a non-life threatening place.  Our prayers were answered.  45 minutes into surgery, they held my uterus and after 3 drs, determined the corneal was not bulging and sewed me back up.  I woke up pregnant, with both.  One alive and one deceased.
After healing from 28 staples went home a week later and a week after that, went to post op appt---I had been breathing heavy and having difficulty getting around without getting winded.  Spoke of this to my dr and she sent me for a ct scan to check for blood clots.  Unfortunately I was diagnosed with saddle clots, meaning in both lungs.  The surgery had given me a clot in my groin and that clots opened and sprayed my lungs.  I was admitted to ICU and later placed with a filter in my chest to catch and threatening clots that may dislodge.  I was put on lovenox twice a day.  I inject these.  Sent home a week later, breathing better but seeing a ton of drs.  Baby is doing wonderfully.  
Each dr helped me relive this situation because of the pic they see...no one has ever seen a twin preg with a corneal.  They immediately freak out and tell me that I can rupture and need to take immediate action.  I am now 6 months and just a few weeks ago we found out that the deceased fetus sack has doubled in size instead of resorbing.  I am trusting in our lord and the medical ability that my ob has made the right decision to leave this in my uterus so we can have this beautiful baby girl in July.  Although I can feel it push out at times, and it is scary I believe that with prayer all things are possible.  Right now I am viable and if something were to happen with the deceased fetus---I pray I would be able to catch it before rupturing and I have faith that our little girl would make it.  Ive been told I am case study.  None of the drs I have seen have seen this and have absolutely nothing to follow as far as a text book.  Not only am I carrying both, I have endured clots in my lungs.  This baby is a miracle baby and we can not wait for her arrival.  Continue to pray.  Continue to trust your body and your doctor.  I trust that our new bundle will arrive safely.
I know this is from many years ago but I have just had a cornual eptopic with rupture and am now still finding it extremely hard to find any information on it.. do you by chance remember the name of the doco because I would love to watch it..
I am 7 weeks along and was just diagnosed with a cornual pregnancy. My Dr has referred me to a specialist who I will be seeing sometime next week. I am very worried about what coming my way and there aren't many stories with a good outcome. Well, at least none that don't end in bleeding out, surgery, or cancer drugs! Excuse my little rant, I'm just very nervous.
Hi lady's: I'm a mother of one and has 2 ectopic pregnancy. I'm on my fourth pregnancy and it's not looking good. I went for my second ob appointment today. I found out that I'm having a cornual pregnancy. I am 6 weeks. Looking at all your post I am now terrified. I have already had my right tube remove. Me and my boyfriend has been together for 4 years and we do not have kids together, as a matter of fact he does not have kids at all. I am now emotionally drained, heart broken, and depressed. I am wondering is the baby still alive inside of me and somehow can it be moved to the right position? I know he is being strong for me but at the same time I know he hurting it's written all over his face. My next appointment is Friday the 26 that's a week from today. I'm scared, will anything change drastically from now until then? Should I go in to Er? Will they tell me anything any different?How would i know if anything ruptured? Please any advice will help. Thanks for listening
I was diagnosed with a cornual pregnancy in an early stage (HCG: 3500). I had 6 shots of MTX in a period of 2,5 months. (HCG decreased to 40)  After that I had several IV's MTX. (HCG: 0). I had no surgery, but it took 3 months to go from 3500 to 0.
I was very lucky to have a very good gynaecologist who wanted to try MTX so I didn't need to have any surgery. It took a very long time, but I was glad to have no surgery.
Now I have to wait a long time to become pregnant, to avoid problems when I get pregnant again. It has been very long and difficult, but we are almost at the end of the waiting period.
We hope for the best...

It is indeed hard to find any information.
I was suffering from a corneal pregnancy and after 5 weeks it ruptured. I was in pain and had to have surgery. I lost a lot of blood by thankfully I was at a wonderful hospital and they took really good care of me. I just came home today and other than being a little sore I'm doing fine.
i am 6 wk pregnant now,but unfortunately it's on left conual side of uterus.no heartbeat heard on tvs and i had abdominal pain and little bleeding once a day.doctor advised me to wait untill 8 wks and do scan again..now 10 days more to wait.i am afraid of rupture and bleeding,i am alone in home while my husband on job..i am really scared,i am afraid of dying.....i don't know what to do
Wow! I believe I will be the oldest survivor of this plague yet.  I am 42 years with no Bio's as a result of a ruptured Right Cornual Pregnancy in 1992. My GYN was also my OB, so when I came in with bleeding, I was sent home because he thought it was hereditary because my mom continued menstruating throughout her entire pregnancy.  While in the midst of an ultrasound administered by a catheter, The tech left me hooked up turning her head all the way around, and calling in a more seasoned tech to help her interpret the findings. While I laid there in pain & horror, my doctor was being paged over the PA to the OR and I was being ordered to be transported to "ADMITTING!" What this tech was not saying, was that something was definitely wrong. And although still considered an "Ectopic" situation, I'm lead to believe that this was the tech's first time witnessing a patient who embryo has actually passed fully through the Fallopian tubes but was dangling about the endometrium cavity against time that was too late, and at this point 12 weeks in, it was either him or me and if more time passed, it was going to be BOTH. Keeping in mind the several days I laid bed-written with my feet up, hoping that the pain and bleeding would subside.