Could I be pregnant after chemo and radiation treatments?
I took a pregnancy test at home and it was positive, so I went to the doctor and that test also positive, I then had a ultra sound but nothing was found at all. So they did a blood test and it came back negative. How can this be?
my past history is I had a bone marrow transplant 3 years ago but now in full remission. I did however have full body radiation, and chemo. Is it possible for me to get pregnant now after going through all that???
I got kind of excited about the positive and then was let down hard when it was a negative just really confused. How would I go about trying to get pg again? Or is it not possible?
Thanks abentley28
I thought they had to give you extensive counselling about your fertility and condition of your eggs after chemo/radiation. I honestly don't know how much it affects your prospects but it used to (in the old days)--it might be very different now. I'd ask the doc if you should be trying and what would happen if you did. Congratulations on the remission!!!