Maternal & Child Community
Could my boyfriend be the father?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Could my boyfriend be the father?

My boyfriend and I normally use the withdrawl (withdrawal) method and have sex about 3 times a week. He moved out of the state Oct 20th. That was the last day we had sex and the day I started my period. For 3 days my period was lighter than usual and then I had three normal days of bleeding. I figured I wasn't pregnant.

Nov 2nd i had sex with a friend. We only had sex for 2 minutes because it was awkward cause we're close like kin. So of course he didn't ***. I didn't get my period Nov so I took a preg test on the 25th and it was pos. Dec 2nd, I had an ultrsound at a planned parenting clinic. The Nurse said I was 6 1/2 weeks preg and conceived around Nov 2nd or 3rd. Putting me due July 27th. Jan 2, I had another ultrasound but at a hospital this time and they said my due date was July 17th.

My boyfriend is really excited about the baby. I told him that he might not be the father and he said he''ll stay with me if it is his baby.  Could the doc be wrong because they are predicting my conception date using my lmp?  What are the chances my boyfriend is the father?
If you had your period after having sex with your boyfriend it wouldn't be his baby.
You will need a DNA test to confirm who the father is.
If your last sex with your boyfriend was October 20 and you had 6 days of bleeding right afterward, and the ultrasound at 6 1/2 weeks (a pretty accurate time in a pregnancy to date it with an ultrasound) said November 2 or 3 for conception, and November 2 was the sex with the friend, I'm sorry but the baby sounds more likely to be the friend's than your boyfriends.  However, ultrasounds can be slightly off, and that makes the dates so close together that you really need a DNA test to be fair to all parties (including the baby).
they say the earlier the u/s the more accurate the dating is.. I would go with the first for now and then get a dna test to be sure...  oh and use protection.. you can´t get rid of aids
the only way to be 100% is a paternity test. the pull out method is NOT a good form of b/c and when you had sex with your friend even if he did not ejaculate there is pre ejaculate and that does contain sperm.